Maliha Creations Reviews

95 | Charlottesville, VA

95 Reviews for Maliha Creations

Sara · Married on 09/12/2009

The best groomes cake ever!!! The cake was perfect and the best quality!

Sent on 04/17/2010

Mindy · Married on 09/11/2009

Anita from Maliha Creations is so wonderful to work with. Her creativity is amazing. When I booked the cake with her, I knew I had nothing else to worry about, she was so capable and took care of everything. The cake looked too good to eat, it was so beautiful! But once we dug in, all our guests could not believe how delicious it was. It really was the hit of the event. I would recommend her to anyone. Excellent.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Janet · Married on 05/02/2009

We really handled everything by e-mail and through our wedding planner. The Rotunda cake was beautiful -- it exceeded our expectations and was delicious as well.

Sent on 05/04/2009

Beth · Married on 09/13/2008

I used Maliha Creations for the grooms cake. They took an unusual request (a specific guitar) and from a few photos reproduced the guitar to a tee! Not only was the cake artistically incredible, but delicious as well!

Sent on 09/18/2008

Jenny · Married on 06/21/2008

Absolutely gorgeous cake! Would recommend to the most discriminating bride and family.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Eric · Married on 06/21/2008

Outstanding to deal with. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 07/16/2008

Norma · Married on 05/24/2008

Anita was very flexible, extremely creative, and most responsive to our needs and suggestions. She was delightful to work with. I would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 07/09/2008

Melisha · Married on 05/10/2008

We wanted a cake with a very unique, artistic quality that identified with our culture. Maliha Creations was able to replicate a particular design to perfection from an image we provided. The cake flavors and fillings were delicious as promised. On our wedding day, the cake was displayed beautifully and requiring no effort on our part. Thanks for adding such a special touch to our day.

Sent on 07/09/2008
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 06/09/2019

Anita was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Our wedding was a little last minute and she was great about fitting us in and giving us exactly what we wanted. Her cakes are beautiful and more importantly they are delicious. We had nothing but endless compliments from guests. We are having a baby in February and I can't wait to use Anita's services again to celebrate.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Kate, for your kind review. It was my pleasure to work with you for your wedding cake. What a glorious day it was...I, too, look forward to seeing you again when your baby arrives this winter :)!

Heather · Married on 05/26/2012

Anita is awesome and our cake was one of the most delicious red velvet cakes we've ever eaten!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Heather, for choosing Maliha Creations...it was my pleasure to create your wedding cake :)!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2019

Tantalize your taste buds!

Anita is an amazingly sweet person and an incredible baker. Honestly, she's more than a baker; she's an artist. Our cake tasting was unlike anything I've ever experienced. She let us be creative and try so many different cakes and fillings. If you want a cake that is delicious and beautiful Maliha Creations is your best bet! Our guests are still talking about how amazing it was (we chose carrot cake with cream cheese filling and almond cake with raspberry filling). I can't wait for our one-year anniversary cake! :)

Sent on 11/08/2019

Maliha Creations's reply:

Jessica, I look forward to your first anniversary as well. I always love to see my clients a year late. Thank you for your kind review...it was my pleasure to work with you!

Anita made the most beautiful cake and cupcakes for our wedding, more beautiful than I had imagined! She worked with me to create a display that fit perfectly with our venue. We told her we loved cannoli and so she made us a cannoli filling that was so delicious and I have received so many compliments I wish I had baked them myself!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you! It was so great to work with you and I was so happy the day was so beautiful. After setting up I was able to catch a glimpse of you with your bridal party...everything was so lovely. thank you for letting me have a small part of your big day!

Martha · Married on 06/26/2010

Everything about our grooms cake was fabulous. Anita is a joy to work with and very professional.....I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/09/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 04/25/2009

Maliha Creations was a wonderful recommendation from our wedding site event manager and we could not have been happier. Anita, the owner and cake maker, was lovely and our specialty cupcakes and big cup cake were spectacular. The taste was incredible and the look perfect. They were a great hit and we could not have been more pleased. We highly recommend Maliha!

Sent on 04/29/2009

Olivia · Married on 04/18/2009

The cake looked amazing and matched the theme so well. It was so delicious that the guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 09/20/2009

Kellie Jo · Married on 07/12/2014

The entire sequence of events leading up to our wedding was extremely easy...from the tasting to picking the cake design. The best part was the cake! It tasted wonderful and looked beautiful!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Maliha Creations's reply:

Kellie, was so great to work with you and Joe on your fantastical Keswick wedding. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Amber · Married on 05/24/2008

Everyone at our wedding absolutely adored Anita's cakes. She made a surprise Groom's cake. It was a Penguin cake wearing some a traditional filipino groom's shirt (called a barong). It turned out amazing and he was the star at our Rehearsal dinner. Anita also made our wedding cake which was modeled after the Rotunda, a building at the University of Virginia. It was gorgeous and yummmy, too! I never knew that fondant could taste so good until I tried her cakes.

Sent on 06/27/2008

Veronica · Married on 06/29/2013

3.5

Anita made us the most delicious cutting cake - beautiful and tasted incredible! For our guests we had three different types of cupcakes. While we were very happy with our cupcakes, we felt they didn't quite live up to the cutting cake taste-wise and that Anita was perhaps not as responsive or excited about making cupcakes compared with making a traditional wedding cake. That said, if you are looking for a traditional wedding cake you absolutely can't go wrong with Maliha Creations!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Maliha Creations's reply:

Hi Veronica! It was such a pleasure to work with you on your wedding cake and cupcakes. I am sorry to hear your were not completely satisfied with your cupcakes. I assure you that we take the same pride and care in all of our baked goods, and even use the same recipes for our cake and cupcakes. With that said, your complete satisfaction is very important to us. We will contact you to learn more and would love to create another cake and cupcakes for you to enjoy.

Mary Katherine · Married on 08/02/2009

Anita is very sweet and professional. She's very creative but likes the bride's direction in designing the best cake. Her flavors are unique and the quality of the cake and fondant were by far the best we tasted. Some bakers didn't even want to do a tasting with us because they thought we just wanted free cake! If I wanted free cake, I'd go to Whole Foods or Harris Teeter - not drive 2 hours!

Sent on 02/18/2010

Candice · Married on 09/04/2010

3.8
      3.0

Maliha Creations provided the cake for my daughter's Labor Day wedding. The cake was beautiful, a unique design made by Maliha. The cake tasted good, but was not as good as I expected. The main problem was that the cake arrived late. At the Vineyard, the cake table is in view of all the guests. Maliha did not arrive with the cake until my daughter was walking out in the processional. I was upset that the cake arrived so late. I do not feel it was appropriate for the cake to arrive so late, especially since the top flower design needed to be completed by Maliha. The cake looked beautiful, but I feel that it did not taste very good & that Maliha was late in its arrival with the cake.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you for your review, Candice. I am sorry that there seems to be a misunderstanding regarding the delivery time. As relayed to you by myself and your wedding planner, the cake did not arrive late, it actually arrived on time according to the timeline worked out by your planner. I have several emails between your planner and myself discussing the best time to deliver the cake to ensure its freshness and beauty, since it was filled with over 24 pints of raspberries. I am not sure why you felt it arrived late or that it was in view of the guests, when the wedding ceremony took place outside and the cake table was inside the venue away from the ceremony and your guests.

As far as you not being satisfied with the taste of the cake. The cake Jennifer and Will chose was the exact same style of cake delivered to the wedding. After their tasting, I received an email from your planner stating how they really enjoyed the tasting. I also did get notification that the wedding cake was delicious and most all of it was eaten. I do understand that taste is truly a subjective matter and want to assure you that Jennifer and Will's cake was made to my exacting quality standards.

I did enjoy working with you and your family and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the final design that I created.