Maliha Creations Reviews

95 | Charlottesville, VA

95 Reviews for Maliha Creations

Meagan Southard · Married on 11/16/2019

Gorgeous, delicious cakes

Anita is phenomenal. She hosts the cutest tastings in her home with tons of different cake/frosting flavor combinations. My husband picked all three of our flavor combos (almond cake/raspberry, carrot cake/cookie butter, and chocolate cake/amaretto mocha) and Anita sketched out our wedding cake design before we left, then followed up with a quote very shortly afterwards. So many of our guests raved about how beautiful and delicious the cakes were - in addition to our wedding cake, Anita did a beautiful Captain America shield groom’s cake. She is so friendly and easy to work with. We can’t recommend her enough!!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Cecilia

Cecilia Haynes · Married on 09/29/2019

Incredible Cake!

From the first tasting to the end result, Anita from Maliha Creations was a joy to work with. Not only are her cakes DELICIOUS, but she is a true artist and so open to experimenting with new techniques. We were thrilled with our choice and can't wait to order an anniversary cake next year!

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Kohan · Married on 09/22/2019

Delicious AND stunning wedding cake and desserts!!

Anita was fantastic! Our wedding cake was not only delicious, but was absolutely beautiful. She also made the desserts for our "sweets table", which were all out of this world. Ami styled our dessert table and it was stunning and elegant. We received SO many compliments on our sweets table and wedding cake. I highly recommend Maliha Creations!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Maliha Creations's reply:

Jennifer you were a fabulous bride and it was our absolute pleasure to create the magic you wanted on your wedding day. I wish you much joy and happiness!

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely Delicious!

I highly recommend Anita and Maliha Creations. Anita created an absolutely beautiful cake for us that featured a watercolor design matching our invitations. She also made several mini desserts for us. By the end of the night, there was absolutely nothing left- our guests had devoured everything! We are super grateful to have worked with Anita!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Maliha Creations's reply:

Renuka...I loved creating those treats for you. You both are darling and I wish you a very happy married life and will see you in a few months...time flies!

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2019

Wonderful Cake & Service!!!

I don't have enough praise for Anita for her stunning work that she did for our wedding in late June!!!! The green & gold design we ultimately chose was a perfect blend of minimalist flare and cohesion we were looking for. And of course, it was SO SO DELICIOUS -- we love how she does flavors and had the most wonderful time planning the flavor for each tier of cake. We also felt so welcome in her home at our tasting/planning meeting earlier in the year. ❤️ Lastly, she was the main vendor that other vendors from our team spoke highly of when they learned that we were working with her, which was such a joyful and comforting experience. Thanks for everything, Anita!!! I REALLY do hope we get to work together again soon!!!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Maliha Creations's reply:

Kristen...your review made me cry! Thank you so much. I told your mom when she came by after the wedding that you both were a couple that knew what it was all about. You both were so excited about the MARRIAGE and not just the wedding day. I wish you a blissful married life and look forward to seeing you soon!

Justine Weaver · Married on 02/09/2019

Incredible - Outside and In!

Anita was absolutely lovely to work with! Her entire process was lovely - we very much enjoyed the tasting for cake, frosting, and filling (who wouldn't??). Anita was able to guide me in a direction and a design that made sense for the season and complimented the overall feel of our wedding. When I saw the cake on our wedding day, I was FLOORED. It was absolutely visually stunning - a true centerpiece, and of course it tasted incredible! All of our guests commented on how delicious it was. Anita did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Spectacular from start to finish!

If you’re looking for someone to create your dream wedding cake to perfection, look no further than Anita! From our initial tasting, we knew Anita was going to be a fabulous partner – her glowing personality and creativity immediately shined through. While we wanted a classic buttercream frosting with delicate flowers on the exterior of the cake, we wanted to add some fun flair to the inside layers to make it both memorable and delicious. Anita rattled off dozens of fun combinations she’d done in the past – and we decided to go with two tiers of: vanilla butter cake with 2 layers raspberry jam schmear with vanilla buttercream and fresh raspberries and 1 layer of lemon curd, and two tiers of: double chocolate cake with 2 layers of Oreo buttercream and 1 layer of bourbon buttercream, all with a vanilla buttercream lined exterior with fresh florals… and it came out perfectly! Guests raved about it – and my husband and I are eagerly counting down the days to our anniversary so we can enjoy our top tier :)! In short: If you’re looking for a wedding cake that is both delicious and beautiful – and made by a kind, creative, joyful person, go with Anita—you’ll be so happy you did!

Sent on 12/05/2018

B&s Walker · Married on 09/22/2018

Above and beyond - gorgeous and delicious!

We are still over the moon that we found Maliha Creations this year. Our cake was a true show-stopper -- we wanted a unique one and Anita made our vision come to life BEYOND what we had hoped for! It's been 2 months and we still get comments about how delicious and gorgeous it was! Working with Anita in the months leading up to the wedding was great; even though we live out of state, the process was as smooth as can be and she really gave us peace of mind. We had a popular wedding date, so we actually booked her before having a tasting because of her gallery and reviews, and how much we loved her from our consultation call. That was a risk we are so glad we took!! Anita is not only an incredible and thoughtful creator and expert, she is also a clear and intentional communicator, which anyone planning a wedding should value. Our appreciation for her and the art form elevated with every exchange we had -- we actually learned a lot because of her thoughtful answers to our questions. She thinks outside the box, is accommodating and generous with her time, and put her whole heart into our cake. She even made a gluten-free cutting cake because one of us is sensitive and she wanted to make sure we had the full experience. It's all what we needed and more than what we dreamed of - we will forever be grateful!! Go with Anita and book her fast -- she's the real deal, the absolute best, and will take your day to the next level!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Malak · Married on 08/19/2018

Anita really has it together, the whole experience from the tasting to the day of was WOW! She even created a specific cake flavor based on our request and it was so so sooo delicious. Highly recommend for any special event.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Ella · Married on 07/28/2018

If you want an absolutely stunning piece of art, that tastes as good as it looks, at your wedding, my husband and I highly recommend getting your cake from Maliha Creations! Anita is extremely talented and an absolute joy to work with when creating a cake that will represent you on your big day. When we first reached out to book her, She invited us at her lovely home in Charlottesville for our tasting. Immediately upon arriving, she provided us coffee and an assortment of every type of cake and filling she could offer. There must have been 20-30 different cake types, fillings, jams and buttercreams that could be used, each one incredibly delicious. She made us feel so relaxed and excited about trying everything! We were able to choose two flavors, and we decided to pick a vanilla cake with fresh lemon curd layers and a center layer of vanilla buttercream and strawberries for the bottom tier, and the two tops tiers were a chocolate cake with Raspberry buttercream and jam and a center layer of chocolate ganache. Anita was also so easy to work with in terms of design. She immediately grasped my concept and provided a lot of suggestions on what would work best aesthetically and how she could create the perfect succulents for our cake (my wedding had succulents as the main plant/flower in all the design elements). She also offered to make us a little detail on the back which could represent something special about us as a couple.

On the day of, we were absolutely blown away! Our imaginings couldn’t even come close to how gorgeous that cake was. Anita hand crafted every succulent and leaf, and the bottom tier was absolutely exquisite, the ruffled element played so wonderfully with the top two tiers which were smooth white, and the personal element at the back of the cake was perfectly sculpted! We felt bad when we had to cut it! Everyone kept telling us how delicious each flavor was and we couldn’t have been more pleased! Thank you so much for a show stopping cake!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Diane · Married on 10/14/2017

Anita Gupta is a very talented artist! My daughter wanted a naked cake with just fresh flowers. Anita found a clever and beautiful way to incorporate part of my wedding topper into my daughter's cake decoration. It was a surprise for her! And...the cake was fresh and delicious. There were many compliments about the quality from people that really know their cakes.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/05/2017

Maliha Creations is the absolute best! From the minute we tasted her dark chocolate cake at our tasting, we knew that we had to have them bake our wedding cake. My dad, my husband, and I had never tasted cake so incredible with the most perfect texture! We were so happy with our cake. Anita was so helpful with everything from the cake stand to helping us make final decisions about our cake. She is so kind and an amazing baker and artist. She can really do it all.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Meghan · Married on 04/21/2017

Anita did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake! Not only was it absolutely beautiful, but it tasted PHENOMENAL! Not too sweet, just we like it. She also offers an amazing tasting experience, where you and your fiancé can sit quietly and sample dozens of combinations of fillings, frostings, and cake flavors until you find the perfect cake for you. I would recommend Anita at Maliha Creations to anyone in the area!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Gabriele · Married on 04/15/2017

An excellent experience from start to finish. Anita welcomed us into her home for a delicious cake testing. Her recommendations were fantastic -- she took our initial impressions and concocted the best possible combination of flavors (as many of our guests can attest!). Anita is very easygoing and was a true pleasure to work with, and the end product was nothing short of stellar. Thanks Anita, we are very grateful!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Maliha Creations's reply:

Gabby! Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you! I am so happy you were pleased and I wish you continued joy in your married life!

Molly · Married on 04/01/2017

Anita is so incredibly talented and creative -- we feel so lucky to have found her for our special day!

We wanted to do something really fun and colorful for our cake and were able to pull a reference image for her. Turns out, her creation was more beautiful than the picture we shared!! She is so lovely and warm and made the whole process fun for us. She was such an amazing collaborator and we were so impressed by her talent!

We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/07/2017

Tonya · Married on 10/07/2016

I was not excited about our wedding cake until we went to our tasting with Anita. She makes it so personal and such a unique experience. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. You won't find anyone else in Charlottesville with such interesting cake, icing, and filling flavors and willing to try pretty much any combination! She is truly the best!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

Anita is so incredibly talented and the absolute best there is in Charlottesville - she is a true cake master!! She made both our wedding cake and grooms cake and I swear our wedding cake was the prettiest thing I have ever seen. It looked like something out of a magazine and was so delicious too. I really don't know how she does it, but she did such a wonderful job of bringing our vision to life and made both cakes absolutely perfect in every way. Her attention to detail on our grooms cake was impeccable and will always be such a special memory for us to look back on. If you want a wedding or grooms cake that is truly unique and one that will wow your guests, Anita from Maliha Creations is the only way to go! I promise it will be one of the best decisions you make during the wedding planning process.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Anita is extremely talented. She made two cakes for us for our wedding, and we were so impressed with each of them. The wedding cake itself was extravagant -- it was a 6 tier wedding cake with very intricate details throughout. Each layer had its own personality and details, and it must've taken so long to carefully create. The layers had hand-crafted bows and flowers and designs. Anita is so incredibly talented and impressive. She used three different types of rhinestones to decorate the individual levels, and the cake was beautiful. It was one of a kind, a true fairytale cake. The groom's cake was three levels -- UVa basketball, Nationals baseball, and Broncos football. At the very top, there were two jerseys, a steeler jersey for me and a broncos jersey for my husband with our favorite numbers. Both cakes were amazing. I would use Anita again 100000%. She's soooooo talented!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/20/2015

Anita was a joy to work with, and the cake she made us was both stunning and delicious! Not to mention it was EXACTLY what we wanted (but even more beautiful than we thought!). We got so many compliments on the taste, too. She's extremely professional and extremely nice, a lovely combination :)

Sent on 07/09/2015

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, for such a lovely review. It was my pleasure to work with you and I look forward to seeing you for your complimentary one year anniversary cake! xoxo.

Kathryn · Married on 06/05/2015

Anita was wonderful to work with! The cake tasting itself was amazing, as she has so many delicious cakes and icings to taste and choose from, so the combination possibilities were endless! I told Anita the colors and elements that I wanted to include in my cake, and she gave me helpful advice for what would or would not work well together. We were able to come up with two different cake combinations that we wanted to include, and our guests are still raving about how impressed they were with the taste and presentation of the cake! Anita's cakes are of the highest quality, and I definitely recommend her for creating the perfect treat for your wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Anita is a professional and talented cake artist. She took the time to meet with us, patiently waiting as we tried each delicious combination of cake and buttercream she offered during our tasting. Initially, I was a bit unsure of what I wanted our cake to look like. As we went through photos of her past projects, Anita was very patient and worked with us to craft the perfect cake for our wedding. If you are looking for beautiful work, delicious cake, and personal attention, Maliha Creations is the vendor for you.

Sent on 04/11/2011

Maliha Creations's reply:

Kristyn, it was my pleasure to work with you and John. Thank you for your kind review :)!

Emily · Married on 09/27/2014

Anita was wonderful to work with from start to finish! She actively listened to what we wanted for our wedding cake and it turned out better than we could have imagined! She truly made it our wedding cake, with all of the flavors and decor that fit us as a couple perfectly. All of our guests said it was the most beautiful and delicious cake they had ever seen/eaten! Thank you, Anita!!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Liana · Married on 09/21/2014

Thank you Anita for making us such a stunning wedding cake! It was absolutely gorgeous, and tasted delicious as well! The design process was super easy, and you were so understanding with us planning miles away. Thank you!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Nakita · Married on 06/22/2014

Anita is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! She is extremely professional, very sweet, and such a pleasure to work with. The most important and exciting part of our wedding planning for my husband was the infamous "Cake Tasting". From the moment we met with Anita for our cake tasting.... We Fell in LOVE!!! When we arrived, several different frosting's, preserves ,and yummy cakes were ready for us to enjoy. Anita helped us along the design process for the perfect wedding cake for us. I could not be happier with how it turned out. She is AMAZING at her craft!! My husband and I plan to order a cake on our one year anniversary since we ate the one we were suppose to save! Trust me.... The cake is just that good! Thanks Anita!! We would highly recommend Maliha Creations to Everyone!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Maliha Creations's reply:

Awww, Nakita! I loved working with you and John. Your wedding was so spectacular because it had your delicate touch all over it. And remember, you get a complimentary anniversary tier on your first ann :). Can't wait to see you lovebirds!

Kim · Married on 05/17/2014

Anita with Maliha Creations is INCREDIBLE. She was so easy to work with and made something better then I could've ever imagined. I had to do my cake tasting in a "to-go" setting which she made extremely easy and convenient. Everything was labeled and even came with instructions of how she would do the tasting with you if she were there (you can do it at her location, I just personally was not able). I had a three tiered cake with two different flavors because I couldn't decide on just one. Anita is so talented that I'm sure she would be able to create any type of cake that you wanted. Her cake designs are as simple or as detailed as you would like them to be, and honestly my cake turned out better then what I was expecting! If you want to work with someone who is professional, personable and not have to worry about if your cake is going to turn out the way you want, 100% please use Anita from Maliha Creations!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Maliha Creations's reply:

Thank you, Kim...it was my pleasure to work with you. I am so happy you were pleased. I do look forward to seeing you next year for your fresh anniversary tier :)!