135 Reviews for MALIBU WEST BEACH CLUB

Scenic Views (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
127 MALIBU WEST BEACH CLUB Reviews

Malibu West is a hidden gem. We had our rehearsal dinner on Thursday night and it was half price. The staff couldn’t have been nicer and had a great list of vendors.

Profile Picture Deborah, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough about MWBC. It was the most perfect venue to celebrate the best day of our lives. Everything from location, to staffing was beyond my expectations. Everyone was so responsive, professional, gracious and kind from the day we looked at the venue to the minute our wedding ended.

Thank you for surpassing our expectations and making our day the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Hanan, 4/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had a beautiful wedding at the Malibu West Beach Club! The venue was incredible and memorable with a beautiful ocean and sunset view. Jacqui was amazing and so was the rest of the staff!

Profile Picture Karina, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The space was beyond beautiful and the team at MWBC was always so pleasant and flexible. We were so happy with how our wedding turned out and several guests were blown away by this venue.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jacqui was extremely responsive throughout the whole process. Everyone raved about the venue. Although there are additional charges to consider such as valet (only one preferred vendor allowed) charges for using outside caterer and for additional hours, we felt the location and service was worth it!

Photo
Profile Picture Ruth, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Malibu West Beach Club is truly amazing. Not only is the venue one of a kind, but the staff is truly amazing! One of the only places with this kind of view at this kind of price. I would recommend this venue to everyone for any type of event.

Profile Picture Brandon, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The perfect venue. Location, scenery and service was beyond excellent.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough good things about Malibu West! I recently had my wedding here and it was perfect if you want a beach wedding but not on the actual sand. The deck overlooking the ocean made for a BEAUTIFUL backdrop and you really only need minimal decor because of how gorgeous the room is with all of the white draping, string lights and chandeliers. Most of my guests were from out of town, so if you have a destination wedding this place and the stunning ocean views will WOW your guests! The pictures at sunset on the beach are beautiful. I had about 60 guests and fit the space perfectly- I wouldn't recommend a wedding with over 100 guests booking MWBC just because it is a smaller, intimate space. With this venue, you have to hire all of your own vendors, and MWBC had a great selection of preferred vendors - I ended up using Truly Yours for catering and Kreative Hands as my florist. The only downside is that there is no parking so we ended up getting a shuttle service to transport guest to/from a hotel in Calabasas. Jacqui was super quick to answers all my emails throughout the year leading up and Christine set up all my decor on the day of beautifully. Such a nice team to work with! I used the 'bridal suite' at the venue to get ready on the day of, and it worked out perfectly. Look no further if you want a perfect SoCal beach wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Wireless Internet

As a photographer I enjoyed this space and the light here - the beach is lovely, the people and staff are excellent and the teams that support this site rock completely. Brides planning a wedding with their crews need to put this venue on the list of must-sees. Versatile, airy, elegant and pretty. It has it all. Decorating is EASY here. nothing to work against at all.

Profile Picture Angela, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue is soooooo beautiful and you can do so much with it, even though it's already stunning! Jacqui is really amazing and incredibly helpful and responsive. She made it really easy with a list of vendors, so we didn''t have to worry too much. We booked on a Thursday, so we can have our dream Malibu wedding and be able to afford it. :) I'm a crazy researcher/planner and I must have looked into over 30 venues and only saw this and another one, because my heart was already set on it from the moment I saw it. I'm so excited and can't wait to get married there.

Profile Picture Mina, 4/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Easily one of the best venue to host your wedding / event. If you are looking for a venue with stunning ocean front view and access to the private beach, look no further than MWBC! At the day of our wedding, many of our guest complimented us on how great of a choice we made at picking out this beautiful place and we couldn't agree more!

Profile Picture Derrick, 3/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My son and daughter in-law were married at Malibu West Beach Club on March 4, 2017. I don’t even know where to begin explaining how amazing everything was. To start, I have to say that Jacqui is a rock star! She was quick to respond to any questions or concerns that we had from day one. She had great recommendations and was very knowledgeable about everything. The venue is beautiful with its’ beach background. We just got our pictures back from the photographer and wow! They are spectacular. The deck is breath taking! Many of our guests still tell us that it was the best wedding they’d ever been to. The venue is a blank canvas with beautiful chandeliers, great wood floors, and twinkling lights. You can make it as elaborate or basic as you want to fit your budget. We did many of the decorations ourselves, which made it very special. The set up and tear down from their preferred vendors (Command Performance Catering and Diane Carvotta Florist) went very smoothly. The food was outstanding and the flowers were beyond magnificent! This was the first and only venue that we looked at. When you walk through the front doors you are pulled to the deck with a magnificent view of the beach and Pacific Ocean! Book your event at Malibu West Beach Club… I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture meredith, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful venue! Would definitely recommend it!

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Malibu West Beach Club is the perfect California beach venue. All of our guests, whether from out-of-town or from California, were in awe of our venue choice. The deck and the beach make a beautiful ceremony backdrop, and the indoor reception area is decorated with gorgeous white draperies and chandeliers that make any wedding color palette pop. The staff is very helpful and they have great in-house decor options. They provide a list of preferred vendors, and since we mostly stuck to the list, all of our vendors were very familiar with working at the beach club and with each other. I highly recommend using Burlap and Rose coordination, Truly Yours catering and Hollywood DJ for this venue. Our October wedding at MWBC was more perfect than I imagined. Everything was seamless and beautiful, and it was a very perfect day.

Profile Picture Kenda, 10/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We were very happy with how our wedding turned out at MWBC! Jacqui was really sweet and very quick to respond to questions via e-mail. We were concerned about having a live band in this small venue, but it worked out great! We put a stage in the corner of the main room and it was perfect. The great thing about this venue is that you can bring in all your own vendors and customize your wedding however you want. Our favorite vendor was Rachel Wakefield, the photographer. I felt it was important to use a photographer from the venue's preferred vendor list, since he/she would be familiar with the lighting and already know the best shots in the space. She was wonderful! We are so glad we chose to have our wedding at Malibu West Beach Club!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Ladies and gentlemen! If you want an amazing wedding venue on the beach, book Malibu West Beach Club. We just had a dream wedding there. I am so happy I booked it for my daughter. It has an intimate setting on the beach with a terrace allowing beach side wedding without being on sand! Everyone loved it; we received many compliments from guests.
The club was very helpful throughout the planning process. Jacqui the manager and the staff were the best to deal with. Their help, response, quality service was just first class. The list of vendors Jacqui provided was without hesitation the best with an amazing service. We had a beautiful, lovely wedding with amazing photos on the sand including a sunset above the ocean.

Profile Picture juliana, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

So happy with our decision to use mwbc as our wedding venue. From my first email to Jaqui, the entire experience was perfect! Jaqui is incredibly prompt, knowledgeable and thorough in all of her communications! She is pleasant and patient and genuinely wants you to have the perfect wedding! The venue is amazing. You have the gorgeous beach view without requiring your guests to get their shoes all sandy! The venue comes with beautiful chandeliers and white fairy lights throughout that really requires you to do basically no additional decorations! It was perfectly cleaned and ready for our wedding when we arrived. Choosing a venue is one of the most important parts of your wedding and we are SO happy we picked Malibu west beach club!!

Profile Picture Nualla, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Malibu West Beach Club is the perfect wedding venue. 1) It's gorgeous. We didn't even need many decorations because the setting is so stunning by itself. 2) Jacqui is so helpful and easy to work with — we took multiple tours of the venue and she was always incredibly accommodating. We also hired our caterer, DJ, and officiant off of her preferred vendors list and they were all fantastic. 3) As Malibu wedding venues go, it's pretty affordable. We never dreamed of getting married in Malibu and looked into it on a whim, but Malibu West Beach Club — especially compared to other Malibu and LA venues — is actually reasonable. 4) It's gorgeous. Can't emphasize that enough.
We were incredibly lucky to have the wedding of our dreams, and a large part of that is because it was at Malibu West Beach Club.

Profile Picture User6015455, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Valet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

My now wife and I were looking for a wedding venue and we knew Malibu West Beach Club was the one once we stepped inside. Jacqui was very helpful from the start and knew lots of details and planning items that helped a lot. She even had a pre-made list of photographers, catering companies, and more to help us get started much more easily since wedding planning is a lot and stressful. Everyone loved the venue and the wedding went very smoothly. Amazing venue and staff!

Profile Picture User7094692, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

MWBC is a unicorn wedding venue in SoCal! After months and months of searching for a venue, I had almost given up hope that we would be able to have a wedding here. I *literally* burst into tears when I found this place. Ours was the definition of DIY wedding-our $15K budget was considered "micro" for Los Angeles. Malibu West offers panoramic, pictueresque views of the Pacific Ocean, twelve hours of time at the space (vs the standard five or six), absolutely lovely decor (re:chandeliers and twinkle lights you don't have to pay extra for!), and the ability to control costs by bringing in your own alcohol. Jacqui, the site manager, was so helpful and accommodating and walked us through every step. We had the wedding of our dreams and didn't break the bank to do so! I can not recommend MWBC enough!

Profile Picture Lacy, 6/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We booked our wedding ceremony and reception at the Malibu West Beach Club, and it was a dream come true! My husband and I searched for a venue in the Los Angeles area, and we knew immediately from our first visit that we had found what we were looking for. The view of the ocean is breathtaking and we couldn't have asked for a more romantic ceremony overlooking the ocean. We booked our wedding date more than a year in advance, and were very happy that we did as the beach club books very fast. Jacqui was so easy to work with and very responsive to all of our questions. She also assisted us with preferred vendors and went above and beyond in helping with our wedding details. The size of the venue was perfect for the amount of guests we had (100), and we loved that we were able to dance and interact with all of our guests in a comfortable environment. Mehta and Andrea were our site representatives on the day of our wedding, and they were both very helpful and professional to us and our guests. We highly recommend the Malibu West Beach Club for weddings, or just a venue location near the Pacific...it was a fantastic experience and we enjoyed everything about our wedding day!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/18/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

Malibu West Beach Club is absolutely worth every penny! Jacqui was very helpful every time I had a question, and she was always able to either help me herself or point me to someone else who could. Not to mention, the venue is breathtaking. Every time I walked into it, I fell in love with it all over again. We had about 120 people at our wedding and the size of the venue felt just right for that many guests. If you're looking for a venue in Malibu, or just a venue on the beach, Malibu West Beach Club is probably the best deal you're going to get... and book it fast because it's popular!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/4/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery

“When you fall in love, sometimes you just know.”

These were some of the first words Jacqui, Malibu West’s events director, said to us as we entered the building where we got married. It was true of our relationship, and very true about our choice in our venue. The moment we walked through the door we were in love.

Let me paint a picture the best that I can, Malibu West Beach Club is a hidden little secret. Once you turn the corner on Broad Beach you see this beautiful intimate beach house. As you walk up the stairs a gorgeous view of your reception area opens up to a breathtaking balcony. The balcony overlooks the wonderful shore of the Malibu shore. The venue is so beautiful, we hardly felt the need to decorate. Who wants to compete with the fantastic view of the ocean, the waves, the sand?

Another feature my wife adored was the bridal room. My bride and her bridesmaids arrived around noon and retreated into the room. There they got ready, stored items, drank mimosas, and relaxed before the ceremony. It was also very helpful to have a place for my wife and I to hide from guest time to time during the reception.

As for service, not one of my vendors had responded to my emails faster than Jacqui. If you want someone attentive, caring, and professional, you come here. The representatives were very helpful on the day of our wedding as well. The contract and packet include everything you need to know about the venue and also includes a VERY helpful approved vendors list. We used a lot of her recommendations and we did not regret it.

Overall, this is where we chose to celebrate our love and announce to our friends and family that this is where we start our forever. I wouldn’t have started it anywhere else.

Profile Picture Romel, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews

Breathtaking!

My husband and I chose this venue after extensive venue-shopping in the southern California region. We both had always hoped for a beach wedding and so we tried to find a place that offered the best option to have both our ceremony and reception. The top reasons for picking this venue were as follows:
1) Proximity to the beach - You are literally on top of the sand when you are on the deck for the ceremony... Most other venues have you being able to the see the beach from the deck/windows but there is a parking-lot or other stuff separating you from the beach.
2) Ability to customize your wedding - You are only paying to use the space for your wedding, and for the location you are getting, it's more than reasonable. You are able to bring in every type of vendor you want to customize your day. They also provide a "preferred vendor" list to help you start the process of who you want for each aspect of the wedding... and they've been doing this for a while so the people the recommend are "Top-Drawer"
3) Overall Value - Again, can't stress enough the value you get when picking this location as compared to other beach venues. Yes, you do have to put in a bit more work/effort to bring in every different kind of vendor, but to have the same wedding at another venue that charges for everything, you would end up spending at least double the amount.

People were simply blown away by the beauty of our venue. We could not stop hearing about how beautiful of a location we had picked. You can't beat Malibu Beach on a sunny day... then add some sunset pictures and you are truly in paradise!

Profile Picture User5121091, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews