Makin Entertainment Reviews

29 Reviews for Makin Entertainment

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2019

BEST DJ around

I am a picky bride & our DJ listened to everything I asked of him! Alex was super friendly and very sweet thru the whole process ...even when I told him I wanted boy bands, Brittany and country all night HA! He was fun, outgoing and talented!! I am so glad we decided to go with this company, my feet still hurt from dancing all night!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Katie · Married on 08/18/2018

Mike was smazing and very professional, he got everyone involved.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/11/2016

Mike from Makin' Entertainment DJ'd our wedding in June 2016. He is sat with us for hours going over what we wanted and didn't want in our wedding lists. During the reception he kept everyone engaged and 6 months later my guests are still talking about how much they loved Mike. I fully believe the DJ makes your wedding and Mike definitely made my wedding the best! Also I would suggest the uplighting, he had the entire venue looking beautiful.
    We will use Mike again for every event that we have!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Mike Dinsmore, the owner of Makin' Entertainment, was our DJ. I could not have asked for a better DJ. Mike worked the crowd and had everyone dancing. He knew exactly what we wanted and even had a few surprises. He gets as involved as you want him to. His timing was perfect and the music was perfect. Months later I still have people talking about our DJ.

This company is definitely a must hire for any wedding or event.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Kerri · Married on 10/19/2013

"Wedding of the year!" "What an awesome DJ" "my feet are killing me from dancing so much". All these comments were made by our the guest at the wedding. Mike and his staff are amazing. Not only are they affordable, but they are VERY Professional as well. Mike helped me pick songs that fit my wedding perfectly. He catered to every question I had and was always quick to respond. The music was fantastic, the lighting was perfect and he kept everything running on time and kept everyone up dancing all night. My sister used Makin Entertainment several years back and her wedding was awesome, so I knew there would be no other DJ than Mike D and MAKIN ENTERTAINMENT. We had to make minor changes throughout the night and he quickly grabbed his iPad and moved things around without blinking an eye. We had a variety of music from all types of genres and he kept everyone happy from old to young! We could not be happier with the job Mike and his staff did the day of our wedding. I'm still getting phone calls a week later saying how awesome and on top of everything the DJ was. Not only did Mike help me prior to our big day- but he also helped me the day of and told to me relax and kept things running smoothly. I couldn't have done it without him! I can not say enough good things about how great MAKIN ENTERTAINMENT is. I would look no further and book them. We have so many great memories and the dance floor being packed all night is the biggest one. Trust me when I say that Mike and his staff are the very BEST out there. Thank you for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Dorian · Married on 10/05/2013

Mike of Makin Entertainment was Fantastic - He made sure everyone at our Wedding had a blast. Mike went above and beyond throughout the entire process to make sure we where comfortable and at ease with the entertainment for the wedding. In addition, Mike met with us several times to discuss logistics, music choices, and suggestions. He was very accommodating and flexible in communicating with us frequently so we had no unanswered questions or surprises. Makin Entertainment and DJ Mike D, come with the highest of recommendation and we make a point to tell anyone we know getting married he is the best around. Thanks for helping to make our wedding as amazing as we wished - The Music, Uplighting and guest interaction was seamless and Mike was a huge part of making our special day so perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2012

I could not have asked for a better DJ than Mike from Makin' Entertainment. He did a great job with choosing music and ways to get everyone engaged with the celebration. When I first entered the ballroom at the Chelmsford Radisson, I would not have changed a thing. I was amazed at how well the lighting worked in the room. But what surprised me the most was the fact that the lights were there at all. They were not part of our package, but Mike takes care of his customers. When he heard that my husband was in the Air Force and had just returned from a year-long unaccompanied tour(family not allowed) in South Korea, he chose to donate the services of the lights to our reception, which meant so much to myself.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Kristina · Married on 06/23/2012

Mike Dinsmore was the best DJ. He got back to me immediately every time I had a question. He played everything I had requested. His added lighting and photos were amazing. I would recommend him to all my friend and family. I'm so happy to have had him as our DJ. He made our wedding ceremony memorable.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Keri · Married on 06/23/2012

We were so thankful for Alex at Makin Entertainment for making our day so special with the music we love.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Ashlee · Married on 06/09/2012

Mike was awesome! Things great from start to finish! I always said your dj makes your wedding and mind certainly did!! I reccomend him to everyone I know getting married! Trust me use him and you won't be disappointed! :)

Sent on 06/20/2012

Mary · Married on 02/04/2012

We used Mike & Alex from Makin' Entertianment. They did a great job it was alot of fun they helped to get everyone into the party. Mike said to me when we first met that they were not only DJ's but entertainers and he was so right. We would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking for entertainment for a wedding or any event (p.s. we have already boooked them for my parents 50th wedding anniversary). They also provided uplighting for our party. Thanks guys.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2011

Makin Entertainment did an excellent job and I highly recommend them to DJ at any wedding!

Sent on 03/30/2012

Amy · Married on 09/05/2010

Mike D. DJ'd our wedding on 9/5/10. With being the "music junkies" that we are, we were very particular about what kind of music we wanted (don't play this, please play that). We obviously can't pick out every song played that day and he did an amazing job pin pointing our style and we had almost every guest on the dance floor almost the whole night! Not one song played where the dance floor cleared. He has an amazing personality and did a great job getting everyone partying. He is honestly the most amazing DJ! He did our ceremony, cockail hour, and reception and had nothing but a smooth transition that wasn't even noticable at all. In fact, I was amazed at how involved he was with us when he had to move the equipment multiple times. Thank you Mike for everything. Our day was everything we pictured with the help of you!
    Amy and Ryan 9/5/10

Sent on 09/18/2010

Alyssa · Married on 10/10/2009

How can you tell if you had a good weeding?...a packed dance floor. That is what we had thanks to Makin Entertainment. All of our friends still tell us how awesome our wedding was, thanks Mike and Alex!!

Sent on 03/04/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/03/2009

Mike D was great and did a great job at my wedding. He was there to offer me support and suggestions when I needed it. He made the whole process easy and seamless. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 04/29/2012

Joyelle · Married on 09/06/2009

I would refer Makin Entertainment to everyone I know.. They were a true pleasure to deal with and I couldn't have asked for a better company!

Janet · Married on 05/16/2009

They get all 5's from me. It was the best experience I have ever had with a business. They were so helpful when it came time to pick songs for different parts of the ceremony and reception. Mike D went out of his way to find the instrumental version of the song I wanted to walk down the aisle too. Just that personal touch. I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 04/07/2012

Sierra · Married on 11/22/2008

The music was awesome and non stop, exactly what we had discussed! Mike D made it so easy to be a care-free bride! With his games and great hosting abilities he kept the party going all night with smooth transitions from first dance, to dinner, to cake cutting and speeches. At several points during the reception he had ALL of my guests, young and old, on the dance floor shaking it! It was exactly what my husband and I wanted. Poeple still talk about our great reception! The set up and lights that they supplied made the location gorgeous! Would reccomend them to any bride!!!

jennifer · Married on 09/13/2008

Mike D was my dj and did an amazing job. He was very funny and upbeat. Everyone had so much fun!

Sent on 03/06/2012

Cheryl · Married on 06/07/2008

Mike was fantastic!! He really made our wedding special. I can't count the number of guests who said that he made our wedding one of the most fun they had been to and was the among the best DJs they had ever heard!

Sent on 03/30/2012

Natalie · Married on 05/24/2008

Mike D at Makin Entertainment was amazing. Our reception was a blast; he had people of all ages up and dancing all night.

Sent on 03/09/2012

Paul · Married on 11/03/2007

Mike and his staff were amazing at my wedding as well as at both my brother's and sister's weddings. He was a consummate emcee the whole night and everyone loved the music.

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2007

We met with owner/DJ Mike D to plan our wedding reception well in advance to discuss what we were looking for and then again just before to make sure everything was what we wanted. On the day of our reception everything was perfect. He and his fellow DJ's(Alex S and Joe G) were dressed to the nines and were so good. They had ALL our guests up dancing from the beginning to the end. Since our reception, we have had the pleasure of attending many of our friends and family's receptions which have also had Makin' Entertainment. To this day have people asking if we have the number of the DJ from our wedding because they have never has as much fun as they did at ours. As a matter of fact, friends a getting married later this year and they have already booked Mike D. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Mark Jordan, Jr.

Marissa · Married on 08/04/2007

Hands down best DJ ever! He had done a couple of my friends weddings before and he was fantastic so we just had to book him. One of my friends actually cancelled the DJ they had already booked to switch to him. Kept the party going all night. The wedding coordinator where I had my wedding said she's never seen a crowd on their feet for so long. I couldn't speak more highly of him! :)

Sent on 01/08/2009

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2007

Mike D was really more than the DJ, he was the MC for our special day. We didn't have to worry about a thing - Mike lead us through the evening step by step. Mike's music selection ensured that the dance floor was always full! Mike has DJ'd a number of my friends' and family members' weddings and never fails to create a fantastic party atmosphere. If you want the best, go with Makin' Entertainment, and if you want Mike D be sure to book WAY in advance! He books up fast and early!