27 Reviews for Makin Entertainment.

27 Makin Entertainment. Reviews

Mike from Makin' Entertainment DJ'd our wedding in June 2016. He is sat with us for hours going over what we wanted and didn't want in our wedding lists. During the reception he kept everyone engaged and 6 months later my guests are still talking about how much they loved Mike. I fully believe the DJ makes your wedding and Mike definitely made my wedding the best! Also I would suggest the uplighting, he had the entire venue looking beautiful.
We will use Mike again for every event that we have!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike Dinsmore, the owner of Makin' Entertainment, was our DJ. I could not have asked for a better DJ. Mike worked the crowd and had everyone dancing. He knew exactly what we wanted and even had a few surprises. He gets as involved as you want him to. His timing was perfect and the music was perfect. Months later I still have people talking about our DJ.

This company is definitely a must hire for any wedding or event.

Profile Picture User3380224, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

"Wedding of the year!" "What an awesome DJ" "my feet are killing me from dancing so much". All these comments were made by our the guest at the wedding. Mike and his staff are amazing. Not only are they affordable, but they are VERY Professional as well. Mike helped me pick songs that fit my wedding perfectly. He catered to every question I had and was always quick to respond. The music was fantastic, the lighting was perfect and he kept everything running on time and kept everyone up dancing all night. My sister used Makin Entertainment several years back and her wedding was awesome, so I knew there would be no other DJ than Mike D and MAKIN ENTERTAINMENT. We had to make minor changes throughout the night and he quickly grabbed his iPad and moved things around without blinking an eye. We had a variety of music from all types of genres and he kept everyone happy from old to young! We could not be happier with the job Mike and his staff did the day of our wedding. I'm still getting phone calls a week later saying how awesome and on top of everything the DJ was. Not only did Mike help me prior to our big day- but he also helped me the day of and told to me relax and kept things running smoothly. I couldn't have done it without him! I can not say enough good things about how great MAKIN ENTERTAINMENT is. I would look no further and book them. We have so many great memories and the dance floor being packed all night is the biggest one. Trust me when I say that Mike and his staff are the very BEST out there. Thank you for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Kerri, 10/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike of Makin Entertainment was Fantastic - He made sure everyone at our Wedding had a blast. Mike went above and beyond throughout the entire process to make sure we where comfortable and at ease with the entertainment for the wedding. In addition, Mike met with us several times to discuss logistics, music choices, and suggestions. He was very accommodating and flexible in communicating with us frequently so we had no unanswered questions or surprises. Makin Entertainment and DJ Mike D, come with the highest of recommendation and we make a point to tell anyone we know getting married he is the best around. Thanks for helping to make our wedding as amazing as we wished - The Music, Uplighting and guest interaction was seamless and Mike was a huge part of making our special day so perfect.

Profile Picture Dorian, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I could not have asked for a better DJ than Mike from Makin' Entertainment. He did a great job with choosing music and ways to get everyone engaged with the celebration. When I first entered the ballroom at the Chelmsford Radisson, I would not have changed a thing. I was amazed at how well the lighting worked in the room. But what surprised me the most was the fact that the lights were there at all. They were not part of our package, but Mike takes care of his customers. When he heard that my husband was in the Air Force and had just returned from a year-long unaccompanied tour(family not allowed) in South Korea, he chose to donate the services of the lights to our reception, which meant so much to myself.

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/21/12, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Mike Dinsmore was the best DJ. He got back to me immediately every time I had a question. He played everything I had requested. His added lighting and photos were amazing. I would recommend him to all my friend and family. I'm so happy to have had him as our DJ. He made our wedding ceremony memorable.

Profile Picture Kristina, 6/23/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were so thankful for Alex at Makin Entertainment for making our day so special with the music we love.

Profile Picture Keri, 6/23/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was awesome! Things great from start to finish! I always said your dj makes your wedding and mind certainly did!! I reccomend him to everyone I know getting married! Trust me use him and you won't be disappointed! :)

Profile Picture Ashlee, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Mike & Alex from Makin' Entertianment. They did a great job it was alot of fun they helped to get everyone into the party. Mike said to me when we first met that they were not only DJ's but entertainers and he was so right. We would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking for entertainment for a wedding or any event (p.s. we have already boooked them for my parents 50th wedding anniversary). They also provided uplighting for our party. Thanks guys.

Profile Picture Mary, 2/4/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Makin Entertainment did an excellent job and I highly recommend them to DJ at any wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/18/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike D. DJ'd our wedding on 9/5/10. With being the "music junkies" that we are, we were very particular about what kind of music we wanted (don't play this, please play that). We obviously can't pick out every song played that day and he did an amazing job pin pointing our style and we had almost every guest on the dance floor almost the whole night! Not one song played where the dance floor cleared. He has an amazing personality and did a great job getting everyone partying. He is honestly the most amazing DJ! He did our ceremony, cockail hour, and reception and had nothing but a smooth transition that wasn't even noticable at all. In fact, I was amazed at how involved he was with us when he had to move the equipment multiple times. Thank you Mike for everything. Our day was everything we pictured with the help of you!
Amy and Ryan 9/5/10

Profile Picture Amy, 9/5/10, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

How can you tell if you had a good weeding?...a packed dance floor. That is what we had thanks to Makin Entertainment. All of our friends still tell us how awesome our wedding was, thanks Mike and Alex!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/10/09, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike D was great and did a great job at my wedding. He was there to offer me support and suggestions when I needed it. He made the whole process easy and seamless. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/3/09, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would refer Makin Entertainment to everyone I know.. They were a true pleasure to deal with and I couldn't have asked for a better company!

Profile Picture Joyelle, 9/6/09, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They get all 5's from me. It was the best experience I have ever had with a business. They were so helpful when it came time to pick songs for different parts of the ceremony and reception. Mike D went out of his way to find the instrumental version of the song I wanted to walk down the aisle too. Just that personal touch. I couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Janet, 5/16/09, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The music was awesome and non stop, exactly what we had discussed! Mike D made it so easy to be a care-free bride! With his games and great hosting abilities he kept the party going all night with smooth transitions from first dance, to dinner, to cake cutting and speeches. At several points during the reception he had ALL of my guests, young and old, on the dance floor shaking it! It was exactly what my husband and I wanted. Poeple still talk about our great reception! The set up and lights that they supplied made the location gorgeous! Would reccomend them to any bride!!!

Profile Picture Sierra, 11/22/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike D was my dj and did an amazing job. He was very funny and upbeat. Everyone had so much fun!

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/13/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike was fantastic!! He really made our wedding special. I can't count the number of guests who said that he made our wedding one of the most fun they had been to and was the among the best DJs they had ever heard!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 6/7/08, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike D at Makin Entertainment was amazing. Our reception was a blast; he had people of all ages up and dancing all night.

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/24/08, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike and his staff were amazing at my wedding as well as at both my brother's and sister's weddings. He was a consummate emcee the whole night and everyone loved the music.

Profile Picture Paul, 11/3/07, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We met with owner/DJ Mike D to plan our wedding reception well in advance to discuss what we were looking for and then again just before to make sure everything was what we wanted. On the day of our reception everything was perfect. He and his fellow DJ's(Alex S and Joe G) were dressed to the nines and were so good. They had ALL our guests up dancing from the beginning to the end. Since our reception, we have had the pleasure of attending many of our friends and family's receptions which have also had Makin' Entertainment. To this day have people asking if we have the number of the DJ from our wedding because they have never has as much fun as they did at ours. As a matter of fact, friends a getting married later this year and they have already booked Mike D. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED!!!

Mr. & Mrs. Mark Jordan, Jr.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/13/07, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Outstanding DJ overall! Mike was terrific with planning, coming up with new ideas that were awesome ('bride vs groom sweet caroline' and 'the shoe game') and adapting to our preferences. He was clearly in control of the wedding the entire night and was very professional and kind. Our guests could not praise him enough after the wedding, and we even bought additional time to extend the reception. Veyr reasonable rates, especially for what you get in quality. Would recommend to anyone, particularly young couples.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Peter, 10/5/07, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down best DJ ever! He had done a couple of my friends weddings before and he was fantastic so we just had to book him. One of my friends actually cancelled the DJ they had already booked to switch to him. Kept the party going all night. The wedding coordinator where I had my wedding said she's never seen a crowd on their feet for so long. I couldn't speak more highly of him! :)

Profile Picture Marissa, 8/4/07, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike D was really more than the DJ, he was the MC for our special day. We didn't have to worry about a thing - Mike lead us through the evening step by step. Mike's music selection ensured that the dance floor was always full! Mike has DJ'd a number of my friends' and family members' weddings and never fails to create a fantastic party atmosphere. If you want the best, go with Makin' Entertainment, and if you want Mike D be sure to book WAY in advance! He books up fast and early!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/14/07, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mike D. and Makin Entertainment created the perfect wedding for my husband and I! Everyone had so much fun, and that was because Mike has such a knack for this! He knows how to get everyone on the dance floor, and they didn't stop dancing all night! Thanks Mike! I have recommended you to anyone that will listen! Its not a wedding, unless its a Mike D. wedding. :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/7/06, 1 Review