MakeupLove By LaVonne Reviews

MakeupLove By LaVonne 1
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Makeup Artist Ever!

I booked LaVonne about a year and half in advance. I am from Baltimore and met her in Wilmington. She asked me about what I wanted and needed for my wedding day. She took notes and was able to reproduce the same look a year and a half later. I had a change in my bridal party and she was able to send me a new invoice with new pricing. On the day, she arrived early and was able to accommodate the time change in order to get everyone ready in time. I received so many compliments on my makeup especially from my husband. He liked how the makeup made me look flawless, but still looked like me. I would recommend LaVonne over and over again!

MakeupLove By LaVonne 2
  • U

Ursula · Married on 06/09/2018

Even without a pre consultation our wedding makeup was superb. Lavonne came with everything chair, lighting and tons of makeup. She was prepared and gave all 5 of us ladies the exact look we asked for.

Sent on 06/13/2018

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

My pleasure! I had a great time with you ladies. I'm glad you liked your makeup and enjoyed my services.

J · Married on 10/28/2017

LaVonne did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and myself. The make-up was top quality and lasted all night for us. We all got so many compliments from the guests! I had to change the dressing location two weeks before the wedding but she was flexible and so accommodating. I highly recommend LaVonne to anyone looking for top-notch services.

Tiffany · Married on 02/04/2017

I began searching for a makeup artist after someone that was recommended to me became unresponsive. Not only was I looking for someone responsive and professional, but I needed someone that was comfortable working with an array of skintones. Being a woman of color (Mexican and Native American), I wanted to make sure that my makeup artist wasn't going to make me look too light and unnatural. LaVonne's previous clients vary in skin tones and they all looked great. LaVonne was very responsive and responded to my inquiry within hours of my initial email. She was kind enough to let me come to her home to do my consultation. I came with Pinterest photos and she gave great feedback on what I presented her with. Even knowing that my wedding fell on her mother's birthday, Lavonne still accepted my wedding and showed up to my father's home almost 10 mins early for set-up. On your big day, you want everything to move as smoothly as possible. LaVonne made my day so much easier. She is very personable and kind and you need that when your nerves are a little on edge too.

I would recommend her to ANYBODY looking for a great makeup artist that knows what she's doing, but also very responsive.

Sent on 02/13/2017

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thank you for this wonderful review! It was my pleasure to do your makeup on your special day! :)

Meredyth · Married on 10/10/2015

LaVonne did an absolutely phenomenal job on myself and my bridal party. She is very talented and super professional. I booked 9 faces for the day of the event; LaVonne and team showed up even earlier than the agreed upon to start time to set up for the day. She stayed on schedule and even had enough to take on another bystander who decided they wanted their makeup down after seeing how everyone else looked. The makeup lasted throughout the day and I couldn't be happier with the final product. My girls looked awesome!! Thanks for everything LaVonne!

Sent on 11/11/2015

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much Meredyth! :) It was my pleasure.

Andria · Married on 09/12/2015

Lavonne was wonderful to work with. Her make up on myself and the bridal party was impeccable, it lasted all night and came out beautiful in our wedding photos! Shs truly is an awesome make up artist! She is amazing and I would highly recommend her for any special occasion!

Sent on 10/08/2015

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you sweetie. I appreciate this and it was absolutely my pleasure to do your makeup! :)

TERA · Married on 11/15/2014

Lavonne was on time for everything. My sister, the bride, doesn't wear a lot of makeup in general but she made her feel very comfortable with the process. The consultation went well and the day of my sister's ceremony went off like clock work. All of the makeup was done on time and everyone looked flawless, most especially the bride. We danced the night away and everyone's makeup still looked great at the end of the evening!

LaVonne was very personable and professional. She did makeup for my mother and I for my wedding. She arrived ahead of schedule and did an amazing job. Highly recommended for all events.

Daisy · Married on 08/31/2013

Lavone did an excellent job she really knows her job I would definitely use her for other events

Gina · Married on 08/24/2013

I found Lavonne on wedding wire. I was most impressed by the before and after photos of her clients makeup. I had trials elsewhere and they did not compare to Lavonne's work. She is so professional and friendly. The price is a little pricey but you get what you pay for. It was definitely worth it! I was complimented all night and was asked if I had re applied my makeup during my reception because it looked flawless the entire day! She was so funny and approachable. I definitely recommend this makeup artist to anyone having a special event!!

Tiffany · Married on 05/18/2013

LaVonne did the makeup for the entire bridal party, mother-of-the-bride, and mother-of-the-groom for my siister's wedding.

LaVonne was a complete pro from start to finish. It was easy to book her.

On the big day, she arrived exactly on time.

She quickly adapted to the space we had and found a good spot to set up.

She worked with each person to make her look her best.

And she had a great attitude despite the major flurry of activity going on around her (dogs, groomsmen, hair person, other family members...).

I would highly recommend LaVonne for any event.

• User3212037 · 2+ years ago

My grand daughter was getting married on Saturday 4/27/13, and I found out the at the last minute the make-up stylist we had couldn't keep her appointment. I found LaVonne through Wedding Wire and gave her a call to see if she would be able to do make-up for the Bride. I was so relieved when she accepted the appointment. LaVonne was very professional and did a fantastic job, on both the Bride and Mother of the Bride's makeup. It was absolutely perfect!!!!

Charity · Married on 03/30/2013

I enjoyed the makeover for my wedding. Lavovonne was very professional and courteous and demonstrated her expertise in her field very well. I would recommend her service to anyone desiring to enhance their beauty with a makeover.

Latoya · Married on 11/17/2012

LaVonne was an absolute pleasure to work with! My makeup was absolutely flawless and lasted all night long. My girls were all made up by LaVonne as well.She arrived right on time and worked tirelessly to make everyone look amazing! She is able to recreate any look you could want. She was one of the best vendors I chose for my wedding.I'm so glad I found her services!

Catherine · Married on 10/06/2012

Lavonne's make up is awesome!!!! She is a little more pricey than some of the other make up artists I looked at but well worth every penny. I am very particular about how my make up is done and this was probably the most important piece of my wedding to me. I am pretty good at doing my own makeup so I NEVER like how other people do it. Her makeup was flawless. The colors she picked complimented everyone. Out of 10, I would give her an 11.

Claudia · Married on 09/28/2012

LaVonne did an excellent job with my wedding! My bridal party was multiracial (Asian, Black, White) and everyone looked great! She arrived on time and got everyone done within the allotted time, which helped keep us on schedule. I have a tight work schedule and she was willing to work with me timing wise to get my trial done before the wedding. Very professional and she knows her stuff! I didn't have to provide much feedback once I told her what I wanted. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing makeup services and I will most likely use her again if I ever need makeup services in the future.

LaVonne I can't thank you enough!
    ~ Claudia

Shelley · Married on 09/15/2012

LaVonne was great!! Everyone's make up lasted the entire day/night and looked fabulous the whole time!!

Mia · Married on 09/08/2012

I would recommend this vendor to a friend. What I appreciated the most was not only the professionalism but the outcome of the service. People are still telling me what a wonderful job the makeup artist did and this is three weeks later.

I can't say enough good words about LaVonne's services to us for my wedding. Her professionalism and her eye for makeup application is wonderful. She did the makeup application for me, my mother and my maid of honor and I can't tell you how many comments were made about how beautiful our makeup was. She was able to hear my requests and understand my vision for what I wanted as a bride and she performed successfully. In fact, my mother loved her so much that she wants to fly her into Pittsburgh for my sister's wedding next year! Thanks LaVonne for making me beautiful on my wedding day!

Eneida · Married on 06/23/2012

Lavone was amazing. She was on time, professional, and all of my bridesmaids were happy with their make up. We are using her again for my mother's wedding in September.

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

LaVonne was the ideal choice for makeup for my wedding. One of the reasons I chose her is because she had experience and products for all skin colors, as well as a portfolio to demonstrate her broad range of expertise. My bridal party ranged from very fair-skinned to very dark-skinned and everything in between, so it was important for me to find someone who could make everyone feel beautiful. LaVonne did just that and everyone's makeup lasted all day. She was also a fun presence in the hotel room where we were all getting ready and maintained her composure amidst all of the chaos of the day. She was also very responsive during all email correspondence. After my trial, I had requested a few tweaks for a less glam and more natural look and she made my face look EXACTLY how I wanted it to on my wedding day and I felt beautiful and happy, as a bride should on her wedding day. I highly recommend her for all brides, but especially bridal parties of mixed ethnicities.

Sent on 10/06/2017

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party! Thank you for using my services on your special day and taking the time to leave this review. I wish you nothing but the best! - LaVonne Tynesha