MakeupLove By LaVonne Reviews

33 | Wilmington, DE

33 Reviews for MakeupLove By LaVonne

• Azzey

Azzey W. 路 Getting married on 12/10/2021

Great energy and amazing make up!

LaVonne is a true professional and does an amazing job applying makeup but what makes her even better is her positive energy and vibe. She is friendly and funny - exactly what you want of someone doing your makeup on your wedding day. I'll definitely have LaVonne do my makeup again for other special events.

Azzey

Sent on 11/15/2020

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Azzey! Thank you for reviewing my services. It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I had such a great time that it didn't even feel like work. Lol. I hope you had an amazing day and I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed their experience with me. 馃挏
  • Crystal

Crystal S. 路 Married on 07/10/2021

Such a great experience!

I鈥檒l start by saying that I am not a makeup person at all. So when I began my search for a makeup artist for my engagement shoot/wedding, I didn鈥檛 know where to start. As I was checking out the portfolios of local makeup artists, LaVonne stood out to me because her clients weren鈥檛 all one ethnicity or skin tone, and they ALL looked incredible. I reached out and she quickly responded. Since I don鈥檛 know that much about makeup I did my best to describe the look I was going for and LaVonne somehow knew exactly what I wanted.

Fast forward to my wedding day. LaVonne showed up to our hotel on time and got started right away. Everyone was super impressed with their makeup! My matron of honor even joked about wanting to FaceTime everyone she knew so they could see her makeup. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend LaVonne. I can鈥檛 wait for the next opportunity to get my makeup professionally done!

Sent on 07/12/2021

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Crystal! Thank you so much for your review. I鈥檓 so glad you had a great experience. I enjoyed working with you and your bridal party. I hope you enjoyed your day and that everything turned out well. Congrats!
  • Jessica

Jessica K. 路 Married on 05/08/2021

Absolutely Amazing

LaVonne is so very talented and her work is amazing! She is so sweet and her makeup is flawless. My bridal makeup looked so perfect and lasted all night as well as my bridesmaids! She came to the salon and did all the makeup on site. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/12/2021

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much for your view, Jessica! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party!
  • Jasmaine

Jasmaine P. 路 Married on 02/14/2021

I felt so pretty

I can't express how beautiful I felt on my wedding day. She didn't make me look like a different person. She brightened up what I already had. She did my makeup, my matron of honor's makeup, and my mother's makeup. Great experience!

Sent on 03/05/2021

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for reviewing my services, Jasmaine! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I'm glad everything turned out well and you were pleased with your makeup and the experience. Congratulations, again!

Jenae W. 路 Married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful wedding makeup!

This is my third time using LaVonne鈥檚 makeup services and she never disappoints! Consistently beautiful and natural makeup. She transformed my lovely bridal party, no one wanted to wash their face before bed 馃槀馃槀 It鈥檚 very difficult to find a great makeup artist and LaVonne delivers every time. She is also very fun to be around and down to earth. Book her!

Sent on 10/19/2020

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you, Jenae. It's always a pleasure doing your makeup. Thank you for choosing me to a part of your wedding day! 馃挏
  • Vawters

Naeisha 路 Married on 08/08/2020

Can't wait to use LaVonne again!

LaVonne was kind and very professional! I loved using her and hope to use her again for makeup for every event I have in the future. Absolutely everything went perfect using LaVonne! She even went out of her way to make me comfortable. She is a very wonderful make up artist.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Hi Naeisha,

Thank you for this review and the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day. You were a stunning bride and such a pleasant to work with. I look forward to working with you for future events!

Tiffany B. 路 Married on 08/01/2020

Excellent service

Lavone is an amazing makeup artist. She makes you.look so natural and she's fun and both professional. She is always available when needed. She does weddings, babysitters, party ect book her right now!!

Sent on 10/19/2020

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thanks for reviewing my services, Tiffany. It's always a pleasure working with you. From your wedding, baby shower and being a Bridesmaid you always arrive with fun, positive energy. I appreciate that! 馃挏

Carrie W. 路 Married on 08/01/2020

Awesome MUA!

LaVonne is amazing! Very professional with a fun personality. She did my makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding...the entire bridal party...stunning! 馃槏 Book with her, she鈥檚 the truth!

Sent on 10/21/2020

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Carrie, thank you for using and reviewing my services. I had such a great time working with you and your bridal party. Your bridal party was so cool and funny and it just made for a good experience. Thank you!

Katherine 路 Married on 11/16/2019

Celebrity Level Makeup Artistry!

I knew one of the vendors I wanted to splurge on for my wedding was a professional makeup artist. A simple Google search for makeup artists in my area turned up Lavonne. I admittedly stalked her on her Instagram and Facebook pages for months 鈥 her work is incredible!
    Booking her is a decision I absolutely do not regret in the slightest! Lavonne offers celebrity level makeup artistry! And she鈥檚 self-taught! How incredible is that?! I worked for years through college and into my early 20s at cosmetic counters and I like to think of myself as pretty good when it comes to applying makeup, but Lavonne鈥檚 skills are far superior to mine!

I knew she鈥檇 make me look amazing, but I was blown away at her work. I showed her a few photos of my inspiration I had saved on Pinterest, and without hesitation she said, 鈥淚 can do that. No problem!鈥 and went right to work. She did use false lashes on me 鈥 which I have had horrible experiences with in the past, but the ones she chose and her application was amazing 鈥 full, magazine-worthy lashes that actually looked like the belonged to me! When she was done my skin was flawless, my eyes were perfection and she chose the perfect pink lip to compliment it all. Not to mention 鈥 my makeup lasted all night! She finished my application around 4:30 p.m. and our wedding went on until 12:30 a.m., with my new husband and I not getting to the hotel until around 1:30 a.m. I was so sad to remove my lashes and wash my face because it looked as fresh as when she put it on 鈥 lasting through every happy tear, every bite of food, every sip of drink and every dance on the dance floor.

Lavonne was worth every penny! Do not hesitate to book her 鈥 she will make you look like the best version of yourself!

Lavonne 鈥 you have a client for life!

Sent on 11/15/2019

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for this AWESOME review, Kate! You were such a pleasure to work with! I look forward to working with you in the future for your other special occasions. Thanks again, luv!

Kisha T. 路 Married on 08/03/2019

Look no further....My word is bond!

LaVonne is so talented and her work is absolutely amazing! I hired her as my wedding makeup artist for a party of 11. She worked alone, was on time, well organized, and prepared...everyone looked stunning and no one felt rushed. She enhances your natural beauty...you look like yourself but radiant and flawless. Everyone loved their make up and I received so may compliments at the wedding, and even more from friends viewing pictures on Facebook. I highly recommend LaVonne...trust me you will not be disappointed and I'm not easily impressed. She's the best!!! and affordable.

Sent on 08/19/2019

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for your review Kisha! I had a great time working with you and your bridal party! I'm glad you had a great experience and it is always my pleasure. :) Congratulations!
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 10/13/2018

Best Makeup Artist Ever!

I booked LaVonne about a year and half in advance. I am from Baltimore and met her in Wilmington. She asked me about what I wanted and needed for my wedding day. She took notes and was able to reproduce the same look a year and a half later. I had a change in my bridal party and she was able to send me a new invoice with new pricing. On the day, she arrived early and was able to accommodate the time change in order to get everyone ready in time. I received so many compliments on my makeup especially from my husband. He liked how the makeup made me look flawless, but still looked like me. I would recommend LaVonne over and over again!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • U

Ursula 路 Married on 06/09/2018

Even without a pre consultation our wedding makeup was superb. Lavonne came with everything chair, lighting and tons of makeup. She was prepared and gave all 5 of us ladies the exact look we asked for.

Sent on 06/13/2018

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

My pleasure! I had a great time with you ladies. I'm glad you liked your makeup and enjoyed my services.

J 路 Married on 10/28/2017

LaVonne did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and myself. The make-up was top quality and lasted all night for us. We all got so many compliments from the guests! I had to change the dressing location two weeks before the wedding but she was flexible and so accommodating. I highly recommend LaVonne to anyone looking for top-notch services.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Tiffany 路 Married on 02/04/2017

I began searching for a makeup artist after someone that was recommended to me became unresponsive. Not only was I looking for someone responsive and professional, but I needed someone that was comfortable working with an array of skintones. Being a woman of color (Mexican and Native American), I wanted to make sure that my makeup artist wasn't going to make me look too light and unnatural. LaVonne's previous clients vary in skin tones and they all looked great. LaVonne was very responsive and responded to my inquiry within hours of my initial email. She was kind enough to let me come to her home to do my consultation. I came with Pinterest photos and she gave great feedback on what I presented her with. Even knowing that my wedding fell on her mother's birthday, Lavonne still accepted my wedding and showed up to my father's home almost 10 mins early for set-up. On your big day, you want everything to move as smoothly as possible. LaVonne made my day so much easier. She is very personable and kind and you need that when your nerves are a little on edge too.

I would recommend her to ANYBODY looking for a great makeup artist that knows what she's doing, but also very responsive.

Sent on 02/13/2017

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thank you for this wonderful review! It was my pleasure to do your makeup on your special day! :)

Meredyth 路 Married on 10/10/2015

LaVonne did an absolutely phenomenal job on myself and my bridal party. She is very talented and super professional. I booked 9 faces for the day of the event; LaVonne and team showed up even earlier than the agreed upon to start time to set up for the day. She stayed on schedule and even had enough to take on another bystander who decided they wanted their makeup down after seeing how everyone else looked. The makeup lasted throughout the day and I couldn't be happier with the final product. My girls looked awesome!! Thanks for everything LaVonne!

Sent on 11/11/2015

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much Meredyth! :) It was my pleasure.

Andria 路 Married on 09/12/2015

Lavonne was wonderful to work with. Her make up on myself and the bridal party was impeccable, it lasted all night and came out beautiful in our wedding photos! Shs truly is an awesome make up artist! She is amazing and I would highly recommend her for any special occasion!

Sent on 10/08/2015

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you sweetie. I appreciate this and it was absolutely my pleasure to do your makeup! :)

Tera 路 Married on 11/15/2014

Lavonne was on time for everything. My sister, the bride, doesn't wear a lot of makeup in general but she made her feel very comfortable with the process. The consultation went well and the day of my sister's ceremony went off like clock work. All of the makeup was done on time and everyone looked flawless, most especially the bride. We danced the night away and everyone's makeup still looked great at the end of the evening!

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • User3718052 路 2+ years ago

LaVonne was very personable and professional. She did makeup for my mother and I for my wedding. She arrived ahead of schedule and did an amazing job. Highly recommended for all events.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Daisy 路 Married on 08/31/2013

Lavone did an excellent job she really knows her job I would definitely use her for other events

Sent on 09/13/2013

Gina 路 Married on 08/24/2013

I found Lavonne on wedding wire. I was most impressed by the before and after photos of her clients makeup. I had trials elsewhere and they did not compare to Lavonne's work. She is so professional and friendly. The price is a little pricey but you get what you pay for. It was definitely worth it! I was complimented all night and was asked if I had re applied my makeup during my reception because it looked flawless the entire day! She was so funny and approachable. I definitely recommend this makeup artist to anyone having a special event!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Tiffany 路 Married on 05/18/2013

LaVonne did the makeup for the entire bridal party, mother-of-the-bride, and mother-of-the-groom for my siister's wedding.

LaVonne was a complete pro from start to finish. It was easy to book her.

On the big day, she arrived exactly on time.

She quickly adapted to the space we had and found a good spot to set up.

She worked with each person to make her look her best.

And she had a great attitude despite the major flurry of activity going on around her (dogs, groomsmen, hair person, other family members...).

I would highly recommend LaVonne for any event.

Sent on 05/21/2013
  • User3212037 路 2+ years ago

My grand daughter was getting married on Saturday 4/27/13, and I found out the at the last minute the make-up stylist we had couldn't keep her appointment. I found LaVonne through Wedding Wire and gave her a call to see if she would be able to do make-up for the Bride. I was so relieved when she accepted the appointment. LaVonne was very professional and did a fantastic job, on both the Bride and Mother of the Bride's makeup. It was absolutely perfect!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Charity 路 Married on 03/30/2013

I enjoyed the makeover for my wedding. Lavovonne was very professional and courteous and demonstrated her expertise in her field very well. I would recommend her service to anyone desiring to enhance their beauty with a makeover.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Latoya 路 Married on 11/17/2012

LaVonne was an absolute pleasure to work with! My makeup was absolutely flawless and lasted all night long. My girls were all made up by LaVonne as well.She arrived right on time and worked tirelessly to make everyone look amazing! She is able to recreate any look you could want. She was one of the best vendors I chose for my wedding.I'm so glad I found her services!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Catherine 路 Married on 10/06/2012

Lavonne's make up is awesome!!!! She is a little more pricey than some of the other make up artists I looked at but well worth every penny. I am very particular about how my make up is done and this was probably the most important piece of my wedding to me. I am pretty good at doing my own makeup so I NEVER like how other people do it. Her makeup was flawless. The colors she picked complimented everyone. Out of 10, I would give her an 11.

Sent on 10/09/2012