MakeupLove By LaVonne Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Jade R. Married on 08/14/2022

AMAZING!! Please book LaVonne

Please book LaVonne immediately! She is very professional and an extremely talented makeup artist. We booked LaVonne for our destination wedding in beautiful Jamaica. She is very flexible, kind, affordable and knowledgeable about makeup. She went above and beyond working with my bridal party and I helping us prepare for my wedding events from the bridal shower makeup, Welcome Party makeup and Wedding Day makeup .

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for this amazing review! I enjoyed glamming you and your bridal party in Jamaica! You were a stunning bride and I thank you for choosing me to be a part of your big day! I had so much fun celebrating with you and your family. Congratulations!
    Alicia Married on 08/06/2022

The compliments never stopped

First, I don't wear make up so I wanted to hire someone that made me look like me but flawless. That is exactly what I got plus more. Her years of experience and passion shows. Everyone was stun by how good I looked. Also the makeup looked good all night. My bridal party loved their results and also got tons of compliments. Can't recommend more. If you are getting married, hire her.

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I’m glad you and your bridal loved your makeup and the compliments didn’t stop 💜
    Joey E. Married on 05/28/2022

LaVonne is the best

LaVonne is amazingg!! From the first email to wedding day she was very responsive, kind, and professional. She worked with me when the number of bridesmaids needed make up done. The trail run with LaVonne was great. Wedding day was so much fun with her. She was very prompt with time, she laughed, and engaged with all of my bridesmaids and family who got their make up done. She was great and I can’t wait to use her again for other events in the future!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Azzey
    Azzey W. Married on 12/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great energy and amazing make up!

LaVonne is a true professional and does an amazing job applying makeup but what makes her even better is her positive energy and vibe. She is friendly and funny - exactly what you want of someone doing your makeup on your wedding day. I'll definitely have LaVonne do my makeup again for other special events.

Azzey

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Azzey! Thank you for reviewing my services. It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I had such a great time that it didn't even feel like work. Lol. I hope you had an amazing day and I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed their experience with me. 💜
  • Marké
    Marké M. Married on 10/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Makeup Artist in the area, WOC friendly!

Beautiful makeup application, great to work with. She knows how to apply makeup on all skin types and races. Book her for your next event!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you, Marké! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. Thank you for the review! Congrats!
  • Crystal
    Crystal S. Married on 07/10/2021

Such a great experience!

I’ll start by saying that I am not a makeup person at all. So when I began my search for a makeup artist for my engagement shoot/wedding, I didn’t know where to start. As I was checking out the portfolios of local makeup artists, LaVonne stood out to me because her clients weren’t all one ethnicity or skin tone, and they ALL looked incredible. I reached out and she quickly responded. Since I don’t know that much about makeup I did my best to describe the look I was going for and LaVonne somehow knew exactly what I wanted.

Fast forward to my wedding day. LaVonne showed up to our hotel on time and got started right away. Everyone was super impressed with their makeup! My matron of honor even joked about wanting to FaceTime everyone she knew so they could see her makeup. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend LaVonne. I can’t wait for the next opportunity to get my makeup professionally done!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Crystal! Thank you so much for your review. I’m so glad you had a great experience. I enjoyed working with you and your bridal party. I hope you enjoyed your day and that everything turned out well. Congrats!
    Brittany R. Married on 07/03/2021

Amazing, Beautiful and Sweet

LaVonne did the makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids and my mom July 2021. She did an amazing job and she went above and beyond to help and make everyone feel comfortable and look beautiful. I've had my make up done professionally 5 times and she is hands down the best. I highly recommend her.

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Brittany! It's so nice to hear from you. Thank you for this awesome review! I really enjoyed working with you and your bridal party. I also enjoyed your family! So much fun! Thanks again for choosing me to be a part of your big day! 💜
  • Jessica
    Jessica K. Married on 05/08/2021

Absolutely Amazing

LaVonne is so very talented and her work is amazing! She is so sweet and her makeup is flawless. My bridal makeup looked so perfect and lasted all night as well as my bridesmaids! She came to the salon and did all the makeup on site. Highly recommend!!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much for your view, Jessica! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party!
  • Jasmaine
    Jasmaine P. Married on 02/14/2021

I felt so pretty

I can't express how beautiful I felt on my wedding day. She didn't make me look like a different person. She brightened up what I already had. She did my makeup, my matron of honor's makeup, and my mother's makeup. Great experience!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for reviewing my services, Jasmaine! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party. I'm glad everything turned out well and you were pleased with your makeup and the experience. Congratulations, again!
    Jenae W. Married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful wedding makeup!

This is my third time using LaVonne’s makeup services and she never disappoints! Consistently beautiful and natural makeup. She transformed my lovely bridal party, no one wanted to wash their face before bed 😂😂 It’s very difficult to find a great makeup artist and LaVonne delivers every time. She is also very fun to be around and down to earth. Book her!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you, Jenae. It's always a pleasure doing your makeup. Thank you for choosing me to a part of your wedding day! 💜
  • Vawters
    Naeisha Married on 08/08/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Can't wait to use LaVonne again!

LaVonne was kind and very professional! I loved using her and hope to use her again for makeup for every event I have in the future. Absolutely everything went perfect using LaVonne! She even went out of her way to make me comfortable. She is a very wonderful make up artist.

Hi Naeisha,

Thank you for this review and the opportunity to be a part of your wedding day. You were a stunning bride and such a pleasant to work with. I look forward to working with you for future events!
    Carrie W. Married on 08/01/2020

Awesome MUA!

LaVonne is amazing! Very professional with a fun personality. She did my makeup for both my bridal shower and wedding...the entire bridal party...stunning! 😍 Book with her, she’s the truth!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Carrie, thank you for using and reviewing my services. I had such a great time working with you and your bridal party. Your bridal party was so cool and funny and it just made for a good experience. Thank you!
    Tiffany B. Married on 08/01/2020

Excellent service

Lavone is an amazing makeup artist. She makes you.look so natural and she's fun and both professional. She is always available when needed. She does weddings, babysitters, party ect book her right now!!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thanks for reviewing my services, Tiffany. It's always a pleasure working with you. From your wedding, baby shower and being a Bridesmaid you always arrive with fun, positive energy. I appreciate that! 💜
    Tiahisha Married on 06/20/2020

LaVonne was amazing!

She was professional, timely and ensure we had the best experience. My bridal party and I had so many compliments on our makeup. I would recommend her a million times and definitely will use her again!
    Katherine Married on 11/16/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Celebrity Level Makeup Artistry!

I knew one of the vendors I wanted to splurge on for my wedding was a professional makeup artist. A simple Google search for makeup artists in my area turned up Lavonne. I admittedly stalked her on her Instagram and Facebook pages for months – her work is incredible!
    Booking her is a decision I absolutely do not regret in the slightest! Lavonne offers celebrity level makeup artistry! And she’s self-taught! How incredible is that?! I worked for years through college and into my early 20s at cosmetic counters and I like to think of myself as pretty good when it comes to applying makeup, but Lavonne’s skills are far superior to mine!

I knew she’d make me look amazing, but I was blown away at her work. I showed her a few photos of my inspiration I had saved on Pinterest, and without hesitation she said, “I can do that. No problem!” and went right to work. She did use false lashes on me – which I have had horrible experiences with in the past, but the ones she chose and her application was amazing – full, magazine-worthy lashes that actually looked like the belonged to me! When she was done my skin was flawless, my eyes were perfection and she chose the perfect pink lip to compliment it all. Not to mention – my makeup lasted all night! She finished my application around 4:30 p.m. and our wedding went on until 12:30 a.m., with my new husband and I not getting to the hotel until around 1:30 a.m. I was so sad to remove my lashes and wash my face because it looked as fresh as when she put it on – lasting through every happy tear, every bite of food, every sip of drink and every dance on the dance floor.

Lavonne was worth every penny! Do not hesitate to book her – she will make you look like the best version of yourself!

Lavonne – you have a client for life!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for this AWESOME review, Kate! You were such a pleasure to work with! I look forward to working with you in the future for your other special occasions. Thanks again, luv!
    Kisha T. Married on 08/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further....My word is bond!

LaVonne is so talented and her work is absolutely amazing! I hired her as my wedding makeup artist for a party of 11. She worked alone, was on time, well organized, and prepared...everyone looked stunning and no one felt rushed. She enhances your natural beauty...you look like yourself but radiant and flawless. Everyone loved their make up and I received so may compliments at the wedding, and even more from friends viewing pictures on Facebook. I highly recommend LaVonne...trust me you will not be disappointed and I'm not easily impressed. She's the best!!! and affordable.

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you for your review Kisha! I had a great time working with you and your bridal party! I'm glad you had a great experience and it is always my pleasure. :) Congratulations!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 10/13/2018

Best Makeup Artist Ever!

I booked LaVonne about a year and half in advance. I am from Baltimore and met her in Wilmington. She asked me about what I wanted and needed for my wedding day. She took notes and was able to reproduce the same look a year and a half later. I had a change in my bridal party and she was able to send me a new invoice with new pricing. On the day, she arrived early and was able to accommodate the time change in order to get everyone ready in time. I received so many compliments on my makeup especially from my husband. He liked how the makeup made me look flawless, but still looked like me. I would recommend LaVonne over and over again!
  • U
    Ursula Married on 06/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Even without a pre consultation our wedding makeup was superb. Lavonne came with everything chair, lighting and tons of makeup. She was prepared and gave all 5 of us ladies the exact look we asked for.

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

My pleasure! I had a great time with you ladies. I'm glad you liked your makeup and enjoyed my services.
    J Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    LaVonne did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and myself. The make-up was top quality and lasted all night for us. We all got so many compliments from the guests! I had to change the dressing location two weeks before the wedding but she was flexible and so accommodating. I highly recommend LaVonne to anyone looking for top-notch services.
    Tiffany Married on 02/04/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I began searching for a makeup artist after someone that was recommended to me became unresponsive. Not only was I looking for someone responsive and professional, but I needed someone that was comfortable working with an array of skintones. Being a woman of color (Mexican and Native American), I wanted to make sure that my makeup artist wasn't going to make me look too light and unnatural. LaVonne's previous clients vary in skin tones and they all looked great. LaVonne was very responsive and responded to my inquiry within hours of my initial email. She was kind enough to let me come to her home to do my consultation. I came with Pinterest photos and she gave great feedback on what I presented her with. Even knowing that my wedding fell on her mother's birthday, Lavonne still accepted my wedding and showed up to my father's home almost 10 mins early for set-up. On your big day, you want everything to move as smoothly as possible. LaVonne made my day so much easier. She is very personable and kind and you need that when your nerves are a little on edge too.

I would recommend her to ANYBODY looking for a great makeup artist that knows what she's doing, but also very responsive.

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thank you for this wonderful review! It was my pleasure to do your makeup on your special day! :)
    Meredyth Married on 10/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    LaVonne did an absolutely phenomenal job on myself and my bridal party. She is very talented and super professional. I booked 9 faces for the day of the event; LaVonne and team showed up even earlier than the agreed upon to start time to set up for the day. She stayed on schedule and even had enough to take on another bystander who decided they wanted their makeup down after seeing how everyone else looked. The makeup lasted throughout the day and I couldn't be happier with the final product. My girls looked awesome!! Thanks for everything LaVonne!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you so much Meredyth! :) It was my pleasure.
    Andria Married on 09/12/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lavonne was wonderful to work with. Her make up on myself and the bridal party was impeccable, it lasted all night and came out beautiful in our wedding photos! Shs truly is an awesome make up artist! She is amazing and I would highly recommend her for any special occasion!

MakeupLove By LaVonne's reply:

Thank you sweetie. I appreciate this and it was absolutely my pleasure to do your makeup! :)
    Tera Married on 11/15/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lavonne was on time for everything. My sister, the bride, doesn't wear a lot of makeup in general but she made her feel very comfortable with the process. The consultation went well and the day of my sister's ceremony went off like clock work. All of the makeup was done on time and everyone looked flawless, most especially the bride. We danced the night away and everyone's makeup still looked great at the end of the evening!
  • User1463745 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    LaVonne was very personable and professional. She did makeup for my mother and I for my wedding. She arrived ahead of schedule and did an amazing job. Highly recommended for all events.
    Daisy Married on 08/31/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lavone did an excellent job she really knows her job I would definitely use her for other events
illustration stars