Makeup Junky by Hilda Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Gabby
    Gabby Married on 08/07/2021

BOOK HER- you’ll love her!

Hilda is the most incredible/fun/talented makeup artist. She doesn’t miss a beat. She’s extremely meticulous and an absolute perfectionist.
  • Jaclyn
    Jaclyn M. Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing. Best Makeup I’ve Ever Had.

YOU NEED HILDA. I don’t even know where to start. I contacted her maybe 4 weeks before my Halloween elopement (+10 guests). She responded immediately, was available, and got me in the next weekend for a trial. She was so sweet and accommodating on such short notice (including traveling at least 2 hours from her home the day of). She was so meticulous during the trial - took her time and made sure everything was perfect. The result was stunning. I know absolutely nothing about makeup and she took care of everything. The day of she arrived plenty early to allow ample time for me, my mom, and my sister. All day everyone RAVED about the makeup!!! It was flawless. I was so sad to wash it off at the end of the night! I can’t wait until I have an event to go to in the future so I can hire Hilda to do my makeup again!!! Even since the wedding she’s been so kind - I asked for a foundation recommendation and she suggested a precise one for my skin type. I’m just gushing at this point but please give yourself the pleasure of working with Hilda! :):):)
  • Brianna
    Brianna G. Married on 09/24/2020

Amazing! Hilda is the best

Hilda does a beautiful job. She listens to what look you are going for and she DELIVERS!! I have had my makeup done by Hilda twice now and one of those was for my wedding day and I am so happy with how everything looked! My skin looked flawless yet natural and my eyes looked stunning especially the lashes she used and the eyeshadow colors and blending. The makeup lasted the entire day and I’m not kidding when I say it looked as flawless at the end of the night as it did from the beginning. Hilda is a perfectionist and I am so glad I was referred to her by one of my friends and I look forward to more events where I’ll need my makeup done again!!
    Lauren H. Married on 09/05/2020

Highly recommend!!

I was a bridesmaid in my cousin’s wedding recently and Hilda did all of our makeup. She was so much fun and such a great addition to the “getting ready squad”. She was so thoughtful about every little detail. She even prepped a handy touch up kit for the bride and gave us all samples of the lipstick we wore. She’s incredible at what she does and I highly recommend her!!
    Kayla L. Married on 09/05/2020

10/10 would recommend!!

Hilda was INCREDIBLE! She did the makeup for all the girls in my sisters wedding party last month and we all loved her! I personally sat right next to everyone as they got their makeup done and just watched in awe. Everyone’s look was unique but equally as beautiful! I could not say enough how great everyone looked and what a wonderful job Hilda did. She was so kind and safe (wore a mask the entire time!). She even stayed until right before pictures and offered up last minute touch ups for everyone. Hire Hilda for your wedding and you will not be disappointed!!!
  • Bridget
    Bridget L. Married on 09/05/2020

Best makeup artist!!

I highly recommend Hilda to anyone for their wedding makeup needs! She is AMAZING! She makes you feel so comfortable and is just such a nice person! All of my bridesmaids loved her and wouldn’t stop raving about her! They made sure I had her contact information so they can use her in the future! She is super responsive and very accommodating. I got so many compliments on my makeup and it lasted all night long! You will not regret picking her!!

Makeup Junky by Hilda's reply:

This is sooo sweet , just as you and your bridal party were 😢 thank you so much Bridget for allowing me to be a part of your big day !
    Sarah Married on 09/28/2019

Couldn’t be happier!

Hilda was absolute perfection! I had two makeup trials with the package I booked and she guided me through the different types of applications and we did a combo of them for my special day. I had never felt more beautiful! I think more importantly she did such a good job with the others getting their makeup done that day who obviously haven’t had a trial. I think she took the time to listen to them and to understand their vibe and what would look and feel best. Everyone absolutely loved their makeup. I couldn’t recommend her more!! She has an infectious love for what she does and made me feel at ease and comfortable Book now!
  • Rosie
    Rosie Married on 09/27/2019

You're amazing!

I had my makeup trial done with Hilda this past Friday, April 5th and I friggin LOVE it!!! Even though I have makeup on, she still made me look like myself and not like some crazy person-haha. My sisters absolutely love it and they think it’s insane how she got the foundation to match my skin perfectly and my EYES TO LOOK BIGGER!! ❤️ Everyone needs to book with her! She's extremely fun, sweet, and a great listener! Hilda, you’re amazing and I’m so happy to stumble upon you! Thank you! I’m sooooo excited and can't wait for our September wedding to be here! 😍 -Rosie
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 06/28/2019

The best makeup artist you will ever find.

If you are still searching for a makeup artist for your wedding, your search stops here. I found Hilda after a hair and makeup trial with another company went wrong and it was truly a blessing. Her makeup is one word: FLAWLESS. I cannot say enough great things about her. Right after my trial with her, I knew I didn’t want anyone else to do my makeup and bridal party’s makeup. She made me feel incredible with her makeup skills. She is truly passionate about what she does and was by far one of my favorite vendors on my wedding day. Thank you Hilda!!! Book her now, you will not regret it.
  • Dee
    Dee Married on 06/01/2019

MUA wedding consult

Met with Hilda for a wedding consult to be my MUA for my upcoming wedding. She did an amazing job and her application technique is flawless, my makeup lasted all day. Needless to say I hired her
    Rachelle M. Married on 12/16/2018

Amazing amazing amazing

I can’t express enough how happy I am with my experience of working with Hilda. Unfortunately with less than a day to go my previous arrangements for my wedding day makeup fell through and honestly it was a blessing in disguise. I heard of Hilda through my friend and after an SOS, without hesitation she was willing to be there for me on such short notice. Hilda was so accommodating, professional, down to earth, made me feel so comfortable and the results were so much more than I could have ever expected. My makeup was flawless, and her dedication to ensuring that the end result was nothing short of perfection was so obvious. I can’t say enough to express how amazing my experience was.. my best friend has also booked her for her wedding next September and I can’t wait to work with Hilda again... hands down best experience I’ve ever had, best my makeup has ever looked... you know it’s good when the next day people are still commenting on how good it looks!
    Julie Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

I highly recommend Hilda to any Bride who wants seamless perfection. Hilda is a professional who is able to bring out your most beautiful look on your wedding day! She knows details, colors, and what makes you a stunning bride on your wedding day. If I had known what I know now about Hilda being my makeup artist, I would have booked her first and let go of any wedding day jitters! I loved working with Hilda, and wish we could do it again! Thank you Hilda for helping me feel like the most beautiful Bride on the best day of my life!
    Shannon M. Married on 10/12/2018

Incredible work

Hilda is so unbelievably talented. She crushed the make up for all the bridesmaids and bride at a recent wedding. I highly recommend her, not only is she sweet as pie and personable but she’s on time, efficient and reasonable with prices. Book her!
    Tori W. Married on 10/12/2018

Stunning work!

Hilda is so talented! She did a stunning job on our bridesmaid makeup. She is super personable and made the experience memorable for all. She is so passionate about her work and you can tell in the quality work she does. Highly recommend!
    Kayla Married on 09/22/2018
    I found Hilda via Instagram and she is seriously AMAZING! I’ve had my makeup done in the past and hated it. I’m pretty picky about my makeup but she made me feel like I was a celebrity. She completely understood my vision and brought it to life! I didn’t feel like a clown, it didn’t look cakey, lasted all night and looked great in photos. Makeup talent aside, Hilda was also just a pleasure to have around on my big day. Arrived early to set up, put me at ease and made me feel beautiful. I’ll never go to another makeup artist!
    Sandi Married on 09/15/2018
    Hilda is absolutely the BEST! She did my makeup for my daughters wedding and I couldn’t of asked for a more professionable and personable person. From the moment she arrived till the time she left she made sure the bride, bridesmaids and myself felt beautiful. I would absolutely recommend Hilda.
    Samantha Married on 09/15/2018
    Hilda was absolutely amazing. From the trial to my wedding day she was responsive, professional and incredibly talented. She created the perfect look for my wedding. Would absolutely recommend her.
    Jacquelin Married on 09/08/2018
    Hilda is amazing! I don't wear a lot of makeup usually and my fianceè doesn't like it anyways! But I wanted my makeup done for our engagement pictures and she made me look and feel like a doll! And even was fianceè approved! She is great at natural makeup and I've seen her more dramatic makeup as well. Professional, beautiful, and let's me come to her house on a Sunday during the patriots game to do my makeup. Thank you Hilda!! Can't wait for my wedding day!!
    Katie Married on 07/07/2018
    Hilda was amazing for my wedding from the trial all the way to the actual wedding day. She was super responsive and her makeup skills were exactly what I was looking for. She listened to what my bridesmaids and I had in mind and made us look our best selves. Highly recommend :)
    Ann Married on 07/07/2018
    Hilda did my makeup for a wedding that I was a part of, and I could not have been more happy with the results! She’s was personable and professional, and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist! Her makeup and lash applications lasted the entire night of dancing, and still looked fresh by the end of the night.
    Myra Married on 07/07/2018
    Hilda is so lovely and amazing !!
    Such an incredible make up artist
    Rachel Married on 06/25/2018
    Having Hilda do my makeup for the wedding was an honor. She is the sweetest, most kindhearted, and the most wonderful lady I had the pleasure of meeting throughout my wedding process. I was never the type of person who wears a lot of makeup and when looking for makeup artists for the wedding, most seem to apply that "cake" layer of makeup. My style was more natural finish with a timeless feel and Hilda definitely delivered. Even during the makeup trial, she took her time to make sure the eyeshadow and foundation were just right. During the wedding day, her comforting conversation eased my nerves and helped me relax. The makeup lasted all night and didn't even smudge when I cried during my vows. My face didn't feel or even look heavy with the makeup on. It was a natural flawless finish that made me fell confident and beautiful on my wedding day. Throughout the whole process, Hilda was so professional and always responsive. If you're looking for a makeup artist that will put their 150% in making you feel beautiful and confident on your wedding day, then Hilda is the right fit for you. Thank you so much for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day.
    Megan Married on 06/23/2018
    Hilda is simply amazing! She was found by a friend for us and we were sooo lucky to have found her. She took one look at my daughter and made her look like a princess for her prom. She brought out my daughters best features as well as her personality in her makeup! The makeup was so natural yet striking at the same time, it remained flawless even after a night of dancing! She was fun and friendly and very personable! The experience was one we won't forget and we're very thankful! Almost can't wait until we need her skilled services again! Would recommend her highly to anyone!
    Mallory Married on 06/16/2018
    HILDA IS THE BEST! Hire her- you definitely won't regret it. I was in charge of the makeup artist and was so excited when Hilda was available. All the girls looked so gorgeous and felt so confident. We cannot wait to see how the professional photos came out because Hilda made sure we were all photo ready. ALSO- we had people see her work and think "oh wait I want my makeup done" and Hilda did them last minute on the spot and just had them venmo her! That was seriously so amazing of her and above and beyond.
    Kimly Married on 05/30/2018
    Hilda is absolutely amazing! We found her online for Prom makeup and she nailed it. Will be going back for all future events.