Makeup Savvy Reviews

Makeup Savvy 7
  • Allison

Allison Rokůsek · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Makeup Experience!

Jody was SO amazing! She did such a great job and made the bride and entire party feel absolutely gorgeous. She was so laid-back and professional, and we had a great time chatting with her as we got ready. She really listened and catered to each of our needs. I told her I wanted lashes, and I didn't want to cover up my freckles too much, and I got multiple compliments on the makeup. Can't recommend Jody enough!

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Makeup Savvy 9
    Makeup Savvy 10
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/01/2019

Jody is the reason we took so many pictures!

Jody is the best! She is so sweet and willing to work in any type of space. She did an excellent job for my trial and talked me through everything she did. She even explained why this certain color or technique worked so well. She was such a joy to be around and we kept in touch before and after my wedding. All of my bridesmaids loved their makeup and so did my mother in law. I would recommend her in a heartbeat! She is entirely professional, but with a very personable and friendly touch.

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Makeup Savvy 11
    Makeup Savvy 12
    Makeup Savvy 13

Jillian Ferguson · Married on 09/01/2019

Jody was wonderful!

My son & daughter-in-law were married Sept 1, 2019. And my sweet daughter invited me to join the girls, getting ready for the wedding. Jody was so professional, easy to relax with, and enjoy the process. I’ve rarely had my makeup professionally done, but I can’t imagine makeup being done any better, more seamlessly or more natural looking than Jody applied it. I wanted it to be a bit heavier, to last the entire evening, which she gladly did, but with subtlety & taste. I felt beautiful, and the bride & bridesmaids all looked stunning! What a fun treat! Thanks, Jody!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Makeup Savvy 14
    Makeup Savvy 15
    Makeup Savvy 16
    Makeup Savvy 17
  • Taylor

Taylor Dunckel · Married on 08/10/2019

All day wear!!!

Jody was so great to work with! It's so great that she comes to you! She came out to do my trial for my bachelorette party (which I highly recommend doing). For my wedding day I was the first one to get my make up done (10am), I was nervous that I would need to do a few touch-ups throughout the day but let me tell you, no touch-ups were needed! My makeup lasted throughout the whole day and the bars after our reception was over!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Michaela

Michaela Keller · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect Experience!

Working with Jody was such a wonderful experience. As a person that does not wear a lot of makeup, I knew I wanted an artist that created a natural look. Through the pre-planning, my bridal trial and the day of, she was easy to get a hold of. She knew what would make my look pop while also honoring my wishes for a natural look. I got so many compliments from guests and my makeup easily held up in the 90+ degree/high-humidity weather. In addition to my look, she honored and seamlessly delivered beautiful looks to my bridal party and parents - all who had varying degrees of makeup wants and needs. She was so flexible with my getting ready schedule and easily fit into our group as we were getting ready. She was a joy to work with and I will absolutely be recommending Jody to any friends and family that are in need of makeup services.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Mrs. R · Married on 06/01/2019

Great makeup!

Super friendly and flexible, loved it!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Lu L · Married on 05/25/2019

My wedding makeup turnout very nice. Personally I like more natural looking and Jody does a really nice job 🎉

Super easy going and fun vender. Flexible and good at what she does.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Jen · Married on 12/31/2018

So great!!! Highly recommend!

Jody was absolutely fantastic! She did makeup for my friend's wedding back in 2012 and did such a great job! When I was looking for makeup for my own wedding, I immediately thought of her. I was planning my wedding from LA, so it was a little tricky doing stuff out of state. Thankfully, Jody was so easy to work with over the phone, and she even connected me with an awesome hair duo. She was very flexible with scheduling a last minute trial over the holidays.

Day of, I couldn't have asked for anything better! I had a big wedding party, plus some groomswomen, plus our officiant, for a total of 11 ladies. Jody did a great job keeping us on schedule and making us all look fantastic.

As an added bonus, Jody is a really sweet and fun person! As someone who's a bit of a tomboy, she made primping and getting fancy so much fun! Thank you, Jody!!

Sent on 02/17/2019
    Makeup Savvy 18
    Makeup Savvy 19
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/07/2018

Exactly what I wanted!

I had the opportunity of being a bridesmaid in two weddings, with Jody being the makeup artist at both. She was so friendly, and made sure that I looked natural yet noticeably different from my daily look. The brides looked stunning too! Jody comes to your location making everything so easy. It’s an incredible value for what she offers.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Kristi F · Married on 11/24/2018

Excellent! Highly recommend

I was lucky enough to find Jody to do make-up for my wedding day, and have had her for a number of events since. She is A-mazing! She is the Non-stress point of a hectic day, able to help you relax and look/feel gorgeous. She is flexible and truly loves what she does! She’s a keeper!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Hanna · Married on 11/24/2018

Great experience!

I was a little last minute on booking a makeup artist for my wedding and was referred to by my future sister-in-law at the time as she had a good experience. Jody was available for my wedding date and flexible with the trial run that put me at ease. She is very personable and truly made me feel like a princess on my big day!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Sarah Le Voir · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding make up

Jody is AMAZING! She did my bridal makeup as well as bridesmaids and mother’s! 7 of us total! My maid of honor got her makeup done early (around 9:30am) and at 11 pm she still looked like she just got her makeup done! It lasted all night, and I truly felt like a princess!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Catherine · Married on 10/13/2018

Mother of the Bride

Jody was a delight to work with for my daughter’s wedding. I loved the makeup that she used, and her expertise was greatly appreciated. Five stars all the way!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend Makeup Savvy!

I loved working with Jody for my wedding! I wear minimal makeup on a daily basis and she did a wonderful job giving me a natural look. Jody was fun to work with and reasonably priced. I loved that she came to us so we were able to relax and hangout while she was making us beautiful! I'd highly recommend!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Judy Miller · Married on 09/28/2018

Beautiful Bride, and everyone else, too!!

Jody was fantastic! So friendly, and everyone looked so great. Jody did makeup for my daughter (the bride), four bridesmaids, me and my two sisters. My daughter looked more beautiful than she ever has looked before, which was exactly what I would have hoped for on her wedding day! Thanks Jody!!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kristina · Married on 09/28/2018

Jody is great!

I found Jody on WeddingWire only about a month before my wedding! (My previous plans had fallen through). She was able to fit me in, and got back to me right away! She came to my home to do a trial for my mom and I - so fun to be able to play with ideas in order to know exactly what I wanted. She's great at communicating, and was on top of everything. She listened to what I wanted, and what I didn't want, or what I wanted to change. She stayed very punctual on the big day, as I had a lot of girls who wanted their makeup done - and lot of moms/aunts who wanted just lashes - she does that too! She has an upbeat, fun personality, and really brought a positive energy to my big day. I would highly recommend choosing her - and her prices were fantastic - way more reasonable than most, and more great work! :)

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Makeup Savvy 20
    Makeup Savvy 21
    Makeup Savvy 22
    Makeup Savvy 23
    Makeup Savvy 24
    Makeup Savvy 25

Melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

It sounds weird but I was nervous about how many amazing reviews Jody had. I figured there was no way anyone could be that amazing. I was wrong, she is INCREDIBLE! Not only is she ridiculously talented and professional, she is also sweet, kind, caring, and compassionate! I can't say enough good things about her! Book Jody for your event, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Makeup Savvy 26
    Makeup Savvy 27

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2018

Jody was the best!!! She was so professional and did such an amazing all my girls looked amazing and I felt like a princess! Could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

Jody was amazing to work with! She was so much fun and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Makeup Savvy 28
  • Madeline

Madeline Grover · Married on 08/17/2018

Bright personality and detailed makeup application - WIN WIN!

I'm SO happy I decided to go with Jody at Makeup Savvy for my wedding day! She was such a bright, happy personality that just added another special touch to the day. She was so flexible to work with in finding a time to do the trial too. I really appreciated how detailed she was in her application and that she really listened to my needs/wants for the big day! Highly recommend :)

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Makeup Savvy 29

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Jody is so nice and does a wonderful job. She was able to fit one of my aunts at the last minute. Everyone loved the make-up especially my fiancé.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Natalie · Married on 07/27/2018

Jody was fantastic to work with and everyone was so happy with their makeup. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and Jody was very accommodating to fit us in for a trial within the few days we were in MN a couple months before the wedding. My makeup looked beautiful in person and in the photos and I still felt like myself. Jody's personality and energy made getting ready the day of stress free and fun (the mimosas helped too)! She was responsive and flexible to our needs the whole way. Highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Libby · Married on 07/21/2018

Working with Jody was an absolute pleasure from the very beginning of answering questions about services to the trial to the day of make up! Very easy communication and quick to respond to emails, texts or calls. She is so personable and easy to work with. She came directly to my home for my make up trial appointment and then was on site at the venue on the day of the wedding. As the bride, I was beyond impressed with the quality of the make up application - I did airbrush makeup and lashes and it was certainly worth the extra cost! The mothers were also very pleased with the airbrush make up. I highly recommend working with Jody for special events to look your best!

Sent on 07/29/2018
    Makeup Savvy 30
    Makeup Savvy 31

Julie · Married on 07/21/2018

Jody was on site with us for my daughter's wedding..she did all the make up for 6 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, 1 Mother of the groom and 1 Mother of the Bride-Me! Jody was so wonderful to work with...she was so patient with all of us and did a beautiful job with the make up. I was a bit concerned as I had never done the airbrush ...Jody was so sweet with me, she took her time and explained the process to me ..she really cared about how I felt about the application. I was so pleased with how everything looked...I felt so beautiful that day as Mother of the Bride...we had so many comments on how beautiful everyone looked. I would highly recommend Jody--pleasure to work with and very professional.

Sent on 08/08/2018