Makeup Savvy Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Dawn A. Getting married on 05/05/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing artistry, along with a stellar personality!

I booked Jody based off of reviews I had read here on the wedding wire. I am so thrilled to say that I was not let down! She was incredibly flexible with me (I ended up having to change my trial day), she had a phone conversation with me beforehand and walked me through what to expect. The day of my makeup trial I had so much fun, and loved getting to know her. She made everything so fun and special. On top of all that, my makeup was flawless for hours after! It’s didn’t budge, or crease. I felt so beautiful!!! I cannot wait to hang out with her again on my wedding day, and have fun while she gets me ready!
    Maxine J. Getting married on 09/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding Trial - Loved it! Can't wait for Wedding Day Makeup!

I had such a positive experience during makeup trial with Jodi. She took the time to really listen and talk through what I was hoping for my wedding day makeup look. Jodi is very responsive and easy to work with. She is uplifting and fun to work with and exceptionally talented! She has taken all of the stress out of this portion of wedding planning and I am looking forward to getting to have Makeup Savvy & Jodi as such a special part of my wedding day.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Matt L. Married on 07/24/2022

Excellent job!

I’ve worked alongside Jody on 2 different weddings. She has consistently provided beautiful work for her brides. Not only that, she is kind and nice and will make you feel 100% comfortable and confident on your big day!
    Davonna M. Married on 07/23/2022

Very calming and fun

She was so friendly and personable. Above that, she was very calming for me. I was a little jittery and she felt almost like a friend. I loved my subtle-glam (is that a thing?) makeup and so did my girls. Thanks Jody!
    Allison T. Married on 07/16/2022

Excellent Make Up experience

Jody did an amazing job on my wedding day! Everyone loved their make up and she was incredibly patient and kind! She was everyone’s best friend by the end of the day, could not recommend her more!
    Emma Married on 06/18/2022

Couldn’t Have Been Better

Jody was amazing to work with start to finish. Incredibly talented and unbelievably friendly. She was so much fun in the bridal suite on our big day, and stuck right to schedule. My girls and I looked amazing the whole day. If you’re looking for someone who will understand and execute your vision to a T, book Jody.
  • Joy
    Joy R. Married on 06/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent all the way around!

Jody has such a big heart & truly cared so much about how my make up looked on my wedding day. She is so experienced & I would highly recommend her!
  • Jordan
    Jordan M. Married on 06/04/2022

Wonderful!

I found Jody after my original MUA backed out only a few months before my wedding. I am so happy Jody was the one who was there for my special day! She has great attention to detail and made me and my girls feel so beautiful!
  • Johanna
    Johanna S. Married on 05/15/2022

Excellent, experienced artistry!

Jody is a bright, personable makeup artist with decades of experience, and it shows! She was able to beautifully emulate the look I was going for and my bridesmaids, the two moms, and I all looked so pretty! I also appreciated that she gave our flower girl some sparkle, too (at no extra cost). In addition to her elegant work, she is really fun to chat with and feels like one of the girls. Her experience in the industry was helpful, as she had referred me to my hair stylists. 1000% recommended!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 05/07/2022

Above and beyond

I had a bad makeup trial with a company that I had already paid for the trial. I called Jody and told her what was going on and she gave me so much relief! She came to my house for a trial and we had a great time and I felt beautiful! My husband said, “your eyebrows and eyelashes are on point honey!” 😍 I loved my makeup on my wedding day! It was enough that it showed in pictures but looked natural as well! Jody also did the bridesmaid, my mother, the grooms mother and aunt. Every person told me how much they liked their makeup and loved visiting with Jody! Thanks again for the support and great service!
  • O
    Olivia N. Married on 05/06/2022

Would definitely recommend!

Jody was the best to work with! She was responsive, helpful, affordable, flexible, and so friendly! I was nervous about makeup because I generally don’t wear much, but my bridal make-up turned out exactly how I wanted!
    Kim H. Married on 05/06/2022

Great work!

I haven’t often had my make-up done and loved what she did! It felt natural on my face and looked great! Everything stayed on all night despite my occasional tears (I was the MOB). She was also calm and conversational without being too talkative - I needed both. 😊
  • Jess
    Jess T. Married on 05/02/2022

Jody is Amazing - Highly Recommend

Jody was my make-up artist the day of my wedding. I booked Jody because her prices were reasonable, she had the most positive ratings, and she was the quickest to reply. She also was the artist for my bridal party and mothers. She is professional, fun, and very flexible. Jody knew exactly what we wanted with little guidance. She knew what looked good for my complexion, skin tone, eye color, hair color, wedding colors, etc. Everyone in my party was extremely pleased. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my make-up the day of my wedding.

Jody made me feel so incredibly beautiful and she will for you too! I highly, highly recommend booking her!
    Rhonda Married on 02/26/2022

Highly recommend

Jody did my makeup (and recommended someone for my hair as well) for my wedding. I loved the end result. So, so much better than I could have done myself. Thanks for making my wedding day prep stress free and fun!
    Kristin N. Married on 01/13/2022

Fun, Reliable and very Conscientious

Jody did makeup for a magazine photo shoot for me and 2 colleagues. She was very knowledgeable and confident about her approach, working quickly and keeping the shoot on time. She was fun to be around made everyone feel comfortable. She accidentally spilled some makeup on some furniture and quickly offered to take the piece to have it cleaned, on her dime. This was a huge inconvenience for her but it was clearly very important to her that she make it right. She followed through and delivered the piece to my house today. I so appreciated that!
    Sarah Married on 12/20/2021

Photoshoot

Jody was amazing to work with. Everyone felt extremely comfortable working with her and the makeup she did was flawless and exactly what we asked for. I don't think anyone stopped smiling the whole morning. Would love to work with her again.
    Tina M. Married on 11/12/2021

Would book her again

From our the start of our first conversation you truly felt valued as a client. We had conversations about dress and hair and what look I was going for.
  • Alexa
    Alexa J. Married on 10/23/2021

Jody is amazing!

I don’t wear a lot of makeup and wanted a look that was more natural. Jody did an incredible job and was so so kind. I highly recommend Jody!
  • Nicole
    Nicole T. Married on 10/02/2021

Makeup Trial & Wedding Day Makeup

Jody was so flexible in scheduling and provided an amazing experience. She gave me the exact look I was looking for and was so friendly throughout. I am looking forward go my day of wedding makeup! Jody provided wedding makeup services for me, the Bride, the MOB and MOG, and 2 of my Bridemaid's on my wedding day. She travelled to my venue and provided onsite services. Throughout the process, Jody was so flexible with scheduling the trial and was very responsive at answering any questions. On my wedding day, Jody was professional, fun and made the day nice and relaxing. She did an amazing job at all of the makeup application and was able to provide a nice look that went with each individuals specific facial features, eye color, etc. I would highly recommend Jody for any makeup application needs. She was also so friendly and took time to get to know me throughout the whole process.
    Ellen Married on 09/25/2021

Excellent. Jodi is wonderful

Jodi was so special and did such an amazing job. She made me so beautiful that I cried. She is wonderful. Highly recommend her
    Sue M. Married on 09/25/2021

Awesome makeup artist!

Jody was professional, friendly, and flexible the day of. As the mother of the bride and someone who doesn’t wear much makeup, I was nervous that I might look too “made up”. My worries were unfounded as Jody did an excellent job! I felt beautiful and got so many compliments! I would highly recommend Jody!
  • Jenna
    Jenna M. Married on 09/25/2021

Jody is fabulous!

Jody is incredible and so talented! She is so fun to work with and I am grateful I chose her for my wedding day makeup. If I could give her more than 5 stars I would! My wedding day makeup was perfect. Thank you Jody!
    Carrie H. Married on 09/11/2021

Absolutely fabulous

Jody was wonderful to work with. She was friendly and professional and did a fabulous job on all of our makeup. We loved having her in our group while we were getting ready. I would definitely recommend her!
    Nancy T. Married on 09/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I looked like me, only better.

As a pushing 60 year old, I knew I needed to have my makeup done professionally or I'd regret it when I saw pictures. I'm SO glad I did. Jody listened to what I requested and then went to work like an artist on a canvas. It stayed put all day & all night. I was told over and over again that I looked great. Can't wait to see the pictures.
illustration stars