Makeup by Samar Reviews

148 | Manchester, CT

148 Reviews for Makeup by Samar

Alesha · Married on 03/14/2015

Samar was easy going but also organized and direct. She's exactly what every nervous bride needs. She consistently reminded me of things to prepare for and double check on, simply due to her vast knowledge and experience in the wedding/makeup industry. This was extremely helpful as I would have NEVER thought of them. Her calming voice is so soothing and especially the day of when ALL 9 of your BM's are running 10-15 min late!!!! She just went with it and was able to it all in the time alotted. MOST importantly she made me look like a Goddess!! Even with my watery finicky blinking eyes, she worked around it and it got done. She didn't appear annoyed by it and put me at ease. Bottomline she is worth way more than she asks, but for budget brides like me, she's a DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Alesha for your kind words! It was my absolute pleasure to be part of your big day! You did look like a Goddess! :) and I can't wait to see those pictures!! Thank you again for choosing me :) xo

Lucy · Married on 10/26/2014

Samar was fantastic, very professional and the results were amazing. The quality of her work is excellent, she uses great products and the application was perfect and lasted all day and night. None of us wanted to take the make-up off! We can't wait to see the professional photos. I got married on 26 October 2014 and Samar did make-up for the bridesmaids and myself. We couldn't believe how she transformed us, even though the look is not heavy, it is natural and doesn't even feel like you have make-up on, which is exactly what I wanted. We loved having her around when we were getting ready. Samar is so considerate, courteous and takes such pride in her work, she is truly dedicated to her art and the results clearly show this - a true perfectionist. I would highly recommend her for your wedding day! Thanks Samar - you were a big part of my very special day. All the best Lucy.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Samar was very professional and talented! She was punctual, very pleasant, and concerned about the satisfaction of the customer - I would HIGHLY recommend her to all my friends.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jen · Married on 10/04/2014

Samar was fabulous!! We felt so comfortable with her and she did an absolutely amazing job. She came right to the house, which made the hours leading up to the event so much more relaxed for everyone. Would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Samar was amazing. She did makeup for me, my maids of honor, my mom, my sister in law, and my mother in law. They all looked incredible! I almost never wear makeup, and she was extremely receptive to that. She made me look beautiful but natural on my wedding day. Samar travels wherever you ask her to go around CT. She showed up early on the day of and made sure we were ready to leave the hotel room on time to get to the venue for early pictures. I would give her more stars if I could!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/13/2014

Samar is great to work with! She is professional and friendly and really listens to what her clients want. She is an excellent makeup artist and created a flawless look for my special day, I highly recommend Samar's makeup services!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Amy · Married on 08/31/2014

Samar was fabulous! She made everyone look truly beautiful and accentuated everyone's natural beauty! It was so great to see my mom (who never wears makeup) look so stunning :) Samar was very reasonably priced and traveled to where we were. She also is very sweet which is a plus! I hope to use her again next time I have an event in CT! Thank you Samar!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/08/2014

My make up artist Samar was great. She was very flexible and accommodated me at both my trial and two more girls on my wedding day. She worked with each girl and their style and her prices are the most reasonable compared to the different artists I saw out there.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Annalise · Married on 07/26/2014

Working with Samar was a great experience. My makeup looked like me with a little added for pictures. Everyone loved my look. I can't Thank Samar enough.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 07/20/2014

Samar was absolutely superb! She's definitely the right choice for any bride that wants to feel gorgeous on her big day. Not only was Samar's make-up application stunning and affordable, she was very easy to work with. She responded promptly to our many requests and questions and was very pleasant and professional. I couldn't be happier with her services and highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Katie · Married on 07/20/2014

Just a few weeks before my wedding, the makeup artist I had intended to use had a conflict come up. (That's another story..) My maid of honor found Samar for me on Wedding Wire, and I was thrilled to find that she could take on my Sunday wedding. I wanted someone who could come to my home, and who did airbrush - and she could do both.

She was able to get me in for a trial that weekend, and I was happy enough with her work. We booked her and I never regretted it.

The eye makeup she did on me was so beautiful someone called my eyes "Disney princess eyes"!

My only concerns were with the airbrush foundation (disclaimer: never had it before and think I prefer regular foundation- nothing against Samar) which seemed to wrinkle a tad or get a little sticky around the eyes as the night wore on.

Samar was easy to get along with, flexible and understanding throughout the course of planning. If i did this again, i'd still use Samar but i'd get regular foundation.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Samar is amazing. She did my makeup for my July wedding. She is so sweet, professional and made me and my bridesmaids look gorgeous! I would recommend her to anyone! She does the best makeup in Connecticut!! I looked the most beautiful I ever had in my whole life thanks to her. She is awesome! Book her!!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Julianne · Married on 07/09/2014

I am a hair stylist and have worked with Samar for countless wedding parties as well as having my makeup done by her for a photoshoot. Samar is a very talented makeup artist but even more importantly she is incredibly kind, accommodating, professional, and a great listener. Her goal is to always go above and beyond to please her clients and she loves her work which just makes her that great at it because she is so passionate! I will always refer Samar to clients because she is the whole package.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Susan · Married on 07/05/2014

Due to Samar 's expertise and willingness to listen to my requests, my wedding makeup was perfect! Samar was a wonderful choice!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

This vendor was awesome!! Her professionalism is wonderful, she's a wonderful woman who listens to what your looking for! Her prices are very resonable with high quality product and application! I have never used airbrush make up before and don't wear much make up daily; my worry was that I was going to have to much on but she did an incredible job! If I had another event I would highly recommend this vendor again, hands down!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Samar was great. She worked around our ever-changing schedule and we all looked beautiful. She did our makeup exactly how we wanted. I would absolutely use her again and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for professional makeup for a special day!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/06/2014

Samar was recommended to me by a friend and she was awesome! We set up a trial session about a month before the wedding. She really wants you to look your most beautiful on your wedding day and be comfortable with the look so we went over what she was doing in each step and made any adjustments needed.

Up until the wedding day, Samar checked in a few times to confirm time, place and payments. She always responded quickly if I had any questions or changes (ie one bridesmaid ended up deciding she did want eyelashes after all!) Samar's pricing is very reasonable and she came to us at the hotel we got ready at which was wonderful and definitely less stressful.

On my wedding day she did the makeup for my mother, 5 bridesmaids and me. She arrived at the time we'd agreed and got right to work! Everyone was ready by the time the photographers arrived. Since I'd done the trial, I was not nervous at all that I wouldn't like the makeup and everyone else in my party was happy as well!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Diana · Married on 05/25/2014

I am SO glad I found Samar!! She was not only prompt in her response to my initial inquiry about makeup services for my wedding, but also thorough in her questions about my needs and the needs of my best women and family members who were interested in services...
    The trial went so well I booked her right then and there - Samar is a talented professional with a great personality! Very reasonable cost for amazing makeup services!!!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2014

Samar was absolutely wonderful. She did my make up (bride) as well as the make up for my two sisters (bridesmaids) and my mom. I had never had my make up done professionally and do not wear or use make up often. Samar made me feel very at ease and listened to what I wanted. I wanted a very natural look and she made that happen. Since I don't know much about make up I trusted her professional opinion and was glad that I followed her advice to use airbrush. Samar was extremely accommodating and came to our house around 6:45 (our ceremony began at 11:30). She worked around our four hair appointments and even got us back on time schedule after hair put us behind half an hour. I think she did a wonderful job on all of us and am very happy with the end result. Everyone looked wonderful and enjoyed working with her. I would definitely recommend her to others.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Samar was very creative and professional. I loved my makeup!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Christine · event on: 05/03/2014

I was beyond satisfied! Samar went above and beyond to make my daughter picture perfect for her prom. She was so professional and did not over do my daughters makeup. She looked gorgeous! Also she received so many compliments on her eye makeup it was simply beautiful. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Tanya · Married on 04/27/2014

Wonderful to work with! She did an amazing job!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Sheila · Married on 03/23/2014

Samar did my makeup for my wedding. It was GORGEOUS... And the photos came out beautiful. Samar was so patient and took time to listen to what I needed/had in mind. It was so nice to have someone so sweet working on my makeup for my special day! I will definitely be calling upon Samar for future family events. THANKS SAMAR!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Maria · Married on 03/16/2014

I would highly recommend Makeup By Samar. She did an amazing job at my wedding. She took the time to understand how I wanted to look on the day and it came out so beautiful!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2013

Samar was an absolute pleasure to work with. She did my makeup for my wedding along with five other members of my bridal party and each and every one of us came out beautiful. First of all, her prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of work you get from her. She doesn't charge travel fees like many other make-up artists do which is a really nice plus. She will travel anywhere in CT you want her to, whatever is easiest for you. Samar is also extremely easy to get a hold of which is really comforting for a crazy busy bride. I always received a response from her within a few hours of contacting her. She is very dependable, showed up on time the day of the wedding and confirmed the starting times/dates a few days before. I didn't have to do any work in regards to making sure she showed up, if she knew where she was going/when, or making sure I paid everything on time- she took care of all of that herself with friendly reminders and follow up e-mails, etc. Most importantly, Samar is an incredibly nice and caring person, I felt totally comfortable around her. She truly wants the bride to be happy and doesn't force her opinion onto you. She will certainly help you out with suggestions, tips, and what she thinks is best in her professional opinion but in the end it's your choice. My makeup came out absolutely gorgeous. I got airbrush which I would totally recommend. It's a really nice touch to a very special day and looks great in pictures. I got my makeup done around noon and the ceremony wasn't until 6:00. My makeup stayed perfectly all night. The other members of my bridal party were all really happy with their makeup as well. I couldn't be happier with the way I looked on my wedding day thanks to Samar. Bottom line is that Samar is a very talented, reliable, and friendly make-up artist and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 11/11/2013