Makeup by Samar Reviews

148 | Manchester, CT

148 Reviews for Makeup by Samar

Erica · Married on 10/15/2016

Samar is excellent! My wedding venue was classic and elegant and Samar did my bridal makeup to match perfectly. I felt like a princess and I was so pleased that the makeup was light (as requested). I highly recommend Samar!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Erica for this awesome review. You did look like a princess! It was an amazing morning watching everything come together. Michelle and I couldn't stop crying :)xo

Lauryn · Married on 10/09/2016

Samar was great! She did a wonderful job with my makeup for my special day. She is very responsive. I appreciate that she made me look natural and not like I was wearing layers of makeup. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

I can not say enough positive things about working with Samar. Not only is she kind, gentile, and genuine she is an extremely talented makeup artist. She masterfully blended my desire for a"subtle" look with my mothers desire for an "over the top bridal" look for the most stunning make up I have ever seen myself in. She made me feel beautiful and like the princess bride I had always dreamed of being! She also worked with my bridesmaids to make each of them feel unique and beautiful, highlighting the beauty in each of them. I would highly recommend booking with Samar if you are looking for the wedding make up of your dreams!!!!!!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 10/07/2016

I honestly cannot say enough about Samar ! She was so professional and my make up was incredible ! She did all my bridesmaid in such an organized timely manner I had 0 stress! I cried during the entire day and nothing smudged ! I felt absolutely gorgeous my wedding day and Samar had a huge part in that ! I would reccommend her to anyone !

Sent on 09/12/2016

Kristina · Married on 10/01/2016

Samar was wonderful! She made me feel very comfortable during our trial and was so lovely to chat with. When I told her on the day of the wedding that I wanted to change up the look from our trial, she knew exactly what to do and delivered wonderful results. She was easygoing and professional even amidst the mayhem of the wedding day prep. Her prices are a great value for the quality of service you receive. She also responds to emails super fast which is a giant plus in my book :)

Sent on 10/21/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Kristina for this awesome review! I'm so happy you loved your makeup. You eyes looked amazing!!!! And I can't wait to see the pictures!! :) xo

Leonette · Married on 09/23/2016

Samar listened and executed exactly what I wanted! Her soft touch and high quality products make her the person I recommend for all your makeup needs!

Sent on 01/29/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/17/2016

Samar did an amazing job with the makeup for my wedding! From the trial, I knew that she would be the perfect choice. She was able to give me a natural look that photographed well but didn't make me feel overdone. My husband usually hates when I wear a lot of makeup, but even he loved it! Samar was so easy to work with and my bridesmaids loved her-she was doing such a great job that my one bridesmaid that had planned to do her own makeup changed her mind and wanted hers done too! Because she was actually ahead of schedule for us, Samar graciously agreed to squeeze her in too. Everyone looked amazing and the airbrush makeup really does last for hours without needing to constantly blot or touch up. I highly recommend Samar and would definitely hire her again in the future if I have a need for professional makeup!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Samar was amazing!! She was able to make me, all eight of my bridesmaids, my mom, and flower girl feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! When. My mom wanted bright, wild makeup, Samar was able to talk her out of it and compromise which made us both happy. She was extremely professional, knowledgable, and so lovely to work with. I would highly recommend her to any brides out there!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Awe! Thank you Sarah! I had so much fun hanging out with everyone and getting you ready. you looked perfect!!!!! I'm so happy everything turned out great. Thank you again for choosing me to be part of your special day :) xo

Elizabeth · Married on 08/26/2016

Samar is a lovely person and a very talented makeup artist. Not only did she make my makeup beautiful, but it also looked natural. The airbrushing was very light and I completely forgot about how I looked and was able to focus on the day. Not an easy feat as I was a very emotional bride and the waterworks started prior to Samar "putting my face on". My makeup held up well throughout the very hot humid day of our wedding as well as the many tears. My mother looked at least 10 years younger and Samar was able to highlight her wonderful features including her bright blue eyes. Thank you again Samar! I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Leykia · Married on 08/21/2016

Samar's work is top-notch! My airbrush makeup lasted through heat, humidity, and even rain at nights end! My sister's eye makeup remained in place for days after! EVERYONE looked marvelous and I can't thank Samar enough. This was not simply about the makeup, but her professionalism and willingness to work with me and my family even when we were not as organized as we should be. Additionally, Samar was a calming force on my wedding day, and for that, I am eternally thankful. For the cost, I will most definitely consider using Samar again in the future. She is patience and won't push you beyond your comfort zone for makeup- go as little or as much glam as you want, and she'll support you! For any women of color who are worried about matching color, no worries! Even with a significant tan from summer sun that made my shade much different than our trial run three months before the wedding, my makeup was flawless. Thank you, Samar!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

You're very welcome Kia. Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review. I appreciate it more than you know. Makes me SO happy to know your makeup was exactly what you wanted it to be for your wedding and it lasted through out the entire night! You and your family are so sweet..I truly enjoyed being part of your special day. I really do hope I will see you again! All the best :) xo

Michelle · Married on 08/19/2016

Samar did such a great job with the makeup for our August wedding. From the trial I booked I knew Samar would be great - she asks a lot of great questions to gauge what kind of style of makeup you like, what features you like to accentuate, how you will wear your hair on the day, etc. She really thinks about what you want and what will look best. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and her work was the perfect balance for me. All of my bridesmaids said they were really happy with the way she did their makeup and felt really comfortable working with her. Thanks, Samar!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Awe!!! Thank you so Michelle for this awesome review! I loved working with you as well.. You looked so beautiful on your wedding and I truly enjoyed meeting your whole family and talking about Ireland :)
    Hope you had a great time on your amazing honeymoon :) thank you again for letting me be part of your special day! Xo

Chrissy · Married on 08/06/2016

I'm from Newfoundland Canada and I needed a make-up artist for my mother's wedding in Connecticut. While searching the Web I came across Samar. I emailed her and she replied really fast! The day of the wedding we finally met in person. She was a fabulous person! She done our makeup perfect and it lasted all day and night! I would highly recommend Samar!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/10/2016

I would recommend Samar to the highest degree! She did an amazing job and I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you Rebecca!! I really enjoyed getting everyone ready ! your mom's are so much fun :) you ladies were awesome! Thank you again for choosing me to be part of your celebration :) xo

Samar is great to work with. She's very personable and made us feel comfortable on the day of the wedding. She does a great job with a variety of makeup looks and I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/24/2016

Maureen · Married on 07/02/2016

Samar was such a joy to work with for my wedding. She was incredibly quick with all communication- sometimes responding to emails within the hour. I contacted her very early on in the planning process and went with my mom and one of my bridesmaids for a trial at her home. She was very thorough, asked a lot of questions, and really listened to my ideas. I was thrilled with my trial makeup- very natural and well-executed. Samar was super organized and professional every step of the way. She arrived early to my home the morning of the wedding and got right to work on 7 people. She was joyful and calm and really helped me relax- even talking me down so kindly from a little meltdown. Everyone’s makeup was beautiful. I especially loved how well Samar identified and accentuated my good features and went really natural with the rest of the face. It was perfect. Samar is a talented, capable, and professional make-up artist. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Maureen...Thank you SO much for this amazing review! I'm truly humbled. It was great working with you as well. To say you looked stunning on your wedding day is understatement. Your pictures are so gorgeous. I wish you all the best and a life time of love and happiness. God Bless! :) xo

Kristen · Married on 06/11/2016

Samar and Liz did an awesome job, me and my whole bridal party looked amazing!!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Everyone in my party who got their makeup done by Samar (my mom, bridesmaids, and myself) was very happy with their results. She's very skilled and professional and doesn't charge an arm and a leg like most makeup artists. We are very satisfied with Samar and highly recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 07/21/2016

I was extremely happy with my makeup for myself, my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride. Samar was very easy to work with, very professional, and gave me the look that exceeded what I envisioned for myself. She also answered my very many emails about skin care and questions about makeup. I should mention that my knowledge of makeup is very basic, but I felt very confident that I could completely trust Samar with my face. My mother is also particularly afraid of makeup, having poor prior experience, but I was glad to see that she was extremely pleased as well.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2016

Samar is incredible. She was very attentive and creative with what I wanted to look like on my wedding day. She was flexible and patient. The morning of my wedding, she came to my house with a firm schedule that we organized together and we finished right on time. All the bridesmaids were very satisfied with their makeup. I continue to receive non stop compliments about how natural and perfect my makeup looked. She did exactly and more of what i envisioned. I am so happy I chose Samar. She is truly a professional and humble person. She is definitely someone you need to help you keep calm while youre feeling anxious that morning. You dont have to worry about anything with Samar. Thank you Samar, for making me look beautiful and timeless. - Amanda

Sent on 04/30/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda for writing this amazing review. I appreciate it so much. It was such a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy you loved your makeup. You looked so stunning!
    Thank you again for choosing me to be part of your special day! I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness! Samar
  • Jennifer M

Jennifer · Married on 04/02/2016

Samar was incredible to work with, every step of the way. Her charming personality made all of us (myself, my mother and 6 bridesmaids) comfortable and relaxed the whole morning we got ready. She was receptive to our ideas about what we wanted our makeup to look like, and made sure each one of us looked incredible. My bridal makeup was natural, yet dramatic at the same time - she made sure I felt amazing and beautiful. Thank you Samar, for making sure everything was perfect!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for this wonderful review. You're such a sweetheart...I enjoyed working with you so much as well. You looked so beautiful and it was my pleasure to be part of your special day! I wish you nothing but the best!!!! Thank you again :)

Chelsea · Married on 03/04/2016

Samar was absolutely amazing! Had such a great experience with her from the trials to the wedding day. She is all about making sure you feel beautiful and nothing less!! She did my entire bridal party, mother of the bride and mother of the groom all of which were very happy with their makeup and felt gorgeous.

She also responds back very quickly to any questions and very accommodating. Definitely made the make up process a breeze in the planning.

Sent on 03/16/2016

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you SO much Chelsea for taking the time to write this review. It was my pleasure to work with you! You looked so beautiful and I can't wait to see the pictures!!! Thank you again for choosing me to be part of your special day.

Samar was wonderful throughout the entire process! Our wedding party was on a time crunch and she was able to accommodate us last minute during a holiday weekend. The makeup was also flawless!! Would definitely go to Samar again if ever in the area for another event.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/07/2015

Samar was an amazing makeup artist. Not only did she make me, my mother, and my maid of honor look and feel beautiful, she was so sweet and genuine and really made the expierience fun and relaxing. When she schedules your consult she not only goes over exactly what look you want for your big day, but also takes the time to tell you what skin care routine would help as well. She always returned my calls and emails promptly and I really could not imagine a better choice for your big day.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Makeup by Samar's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it! I had so much fun with you and your family! You guys are awesome and thank you again for letting me be part of your special day!!

Samar was wonderful! She made everyone involved feel comfortable and was open to trying out different options/looks. I absolutely love how my makeup came out and would definitely recommend her to anyone. She helped to make my wedding day amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Alison · Married on 10/17/2015

Samar was wonderful! She was prompt and attentive and made everyone in my bridal party feel special.

Sent on 10/22/2015