43 Reviews for Makeup by Ravishing

Contour Makeup (7)
Consultations (2)
Group Discounts (2)
Licensed (1)

Amanda did an amazing job! She did my prom makeup and I was completely satisfied. I have really fair skins which makes it hard for me to find foundation colors, but due to her abundance of materials and professional level of skill, Amanda was able to just look at my face, and without hesitation, get the perfect shade for my skin. Not only is she very talented in the makeup department, but she was also a very enjoyable person to talk to so I was never bored. I would HIGHLY recommend Amanda from Makeup by Ravishing to do your occasion makeup!

Profile Picture Keely, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did the makeup for two styled wedding shoots I photographed. She is always so great to work with. She is professional, fun, and overall great at what she does! Our model looked absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Kaytlin, 6/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did my makeup for a bridal session and she did an excellent job! The makeup looked very natural (I'm a fair skinned/redhead girl) - but still had that extra pomp to make it glamorous and way better than any of my attempts at home! Highly recommend for anyone seeking quality, expert makeup for their wedding day or special events!

Profile Picture Meghann, 6/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda does awesome makeup. Before her, I had never been pleased with professional makeup application. She did my makeup for my wedding day and it stayed put all day in the heat and humidity and lasted all night long. Very pleased with her work!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup

Amanda does phenomenal work!! She is truly an artist with her high quality makeup! If you want to look and feel your best on your special day, you need to make sure you schedule Amanda to be a part of your day!! You won’t be sorry!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

If you want the best, book Makeup By Ravishing!

Profile Picture Trissie, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Makeup by Ravishing is fabulous! Amanda will have your already beautiful face looking amazing! She will keep you looking like yourself without being over the top while keeping your face fresh through all those pictures!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda was awesome!! My daughter looked fabulous for prom.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did such an amazing job with the makeup for my wedding!! From the start, she responded quickly and set up a makeup trial for me, which I would definitely recommend. I don't normally wear a ton of makeup, so she was able to give me a more natural look, but still make me look amazing. For my wedding day, I had myself, 8 bridesmaids, and 2 mothers all getting their makeup done. Amanda and her assistant arrived at my bridal suite bright and early and finished everyone's makeup way faster than I expected! Her pricing included false eyelashes for everyone, which I think made such a difference--even for some of my friends who never wore them before. The color palate she chose for all of us matched our dresses perfectly and didn't look over the top. Everyone looked like a better version of themselves! The makeup didn't feel overdone or heavy, but most importantly it stayed on the entire day/night, through hours of picture taking and crying happy tears! I couldn't recommend Amanda highly enough!

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing! My make up was stunning her hair partner was just as amazing as her. My wedding was out of state so I couldn't do a trial run. She nailed it in less than 30 minutes. My make up stayed put everyone looked perfect. So glad I didn't go through a salon it was so nice having her and her partner come to me... And her prices are more than fair. My mom was going through chemo at the time and she was more than considerate and understanding of her special needs due to her lack of hair and sensitive skin. Just hire her she the best.

Profile Picture Charlene, 9/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Asking Amanda to do my makeup for my wedding was one of my best decisions yet! I felt absolutely beautiful thanks to her! And my husband could not get over how great I looked! Thank you for making me picture perfect for my wedding Amanda!!

Profile Picture Tessa, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Discounts, Makeup

Amanda is a dream to work with! She did makeup for my entire wedding party, from the Bride to the Flower Girl (About 8-10 people total). Everyone looked gorgeous and our makeup withstood dancing the night away. She puts you at ease and is ready to do everything in her power to meet your needs and make your big day amazing!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alexis , 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did a fabulous job making over myself and my bridesmaids. She asked about our usual make up routines and what look we were going for. Everyone looked beautiful!

Profile Picture Grace , 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda is an artist! She is skilled in her craft through years of experience and can help you craft the absolutely perfect wedding day look. I had the blessings of working with her on a wedding shoot where she made my unique vision come to life!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda was great to work with! I am not someone who knows a lot about makeup and so I needed someone who could just make me look my best and understand what I wanted without too much elaboration, because honestly I didn't even know how to explain what I wanted. I just knew I didn't want to look over done or too much makeup. Needless to say Amanda did a perfect job! I met with her once before hand to do a practice session and then she came to me on my wedding day. She did my makeup and my bridesmaid makeup, both were absolutely beautiful! She is exactly what I needed and I am so happy I chose her. Thanks Makeup by Ravishing!

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/11/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I had the pleasure of working a wedding with Amanda over the summer and her work is fantastic! She's very professional and was able to give the bride and bridesmaids exactly what they wanted. They all looked so beautiful!

Profile Picture Kia, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did a great job with making us look beautiful for the wedding day!! We had several bridesmaids, MOBs, and myself all get our make up done. She was on time, prepared, and did exactly what we all wanted! Plus, she even suffered a major injury just a few days before but still made sure she was there and ready to go! She will make you look like a million bucks!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6558810, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

I was married earlier this month and Amanda did an excellent job on all of our makeup. She did the bridal makeup, 5 bridesmaids, the mother of the groom, and flower girl. Amanda is very professional and fun to work with and made all of us look beautiful! My wedding ceremony started at 5:00 and everything ended around 11. It was a hot and humid day, and I was definitely nervous about sweating and having my makeup run. However, when looking at even non-professional pictures, all of our makeup looked flawless all night. I honestly wouldn't know what time of the wedding it was because our makeup looked that flawless throughout the entire wedding ceremony, rehearsal dinner and dancing afterwards. I was so impressed with what an amazing job she did. Even when turning in for bed time, my face still looked like as perfect as it did originally! If you book Amanda you will definitely be satisfied with the quality of her work, her professionalism, and the value.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Fake Lashes

I got married in August in Charlottesville, VA and Amanda was AWESOME! We had a fairly large wedding party: myself, 7 bridesmaids, 2 moms and 4 flower girls. Everyone looked beautiful!!! Our ceremony was at 2:30pm at the UVA Chapel and our reception was at King Family Vineyards. It was super hot and humid out and I cried about 50 times but my makeup still looked amazing by the end of the night! Amanda and her assistant were very professional and worked in a timely manner - they finished up everyone a little earlier than expected which was perfect! I was so happy with myself and everyone's makeup! TOTALLY recommend Makeup by Ravishing! :) Thank you Amanda SO much!!!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda did a beautiful job on my daughter's makeup for prom. She perfected a formal look for my daughter that was still natural and glowing. Somehow Amanda was able to conceal blemishes and even a blister, without "caking" on the makeup. My daughter looked elegant and beautiful. Amanda is so easy to work with; she spent time ony daughter and is incredibly responsive, which made scheduling easy. I only wish I had called Amanda sooner to help with my daughter's makeup for formal events.

Profile Picture Beth, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amanda made my daughter absolutely beautiful for her junior and senior year proms! My daughter is very particular and she was definitely pleased with Amanda's work. I would recommend her to anyone for any occasion. Thanks so much Amanda for taking care of my baby girl!

Profile Picture Hailey, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Thank you Amanda for the wonderful job you did! This is our second year using Amanda to do prom make-up for my daughter's high school prom. Amanda is very professional and does a top notch job! Having her come to us and perform her services is so convenient and her sense for details is impeccable! I would highly recommend her for any of your make-up needs. You won't find anyone easier to work with than she is!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Make up by Ravishing did a phenomenal job! They traveled all the way to Daytona Beach, FL to do make up for my girls and I. We all felt so pretty and the make up turned out great in the pictures!

Profile Picture Autumn, 11/28/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Planning a wedding out of state is always a challenge and I was very nervous about picking a makeup artist without getting a chance to do a trial or meet them in person first. After a lot of research on the internet I found Makeup by Ravishing. After seeing Amanda's portfolio I was very interested so I contacted her. She responded very quickly and answered all my questions. I went ahead and booked her and had a trial the next time I was in town. Amanda is truly awesome about listening to what her clients want. It took me 3 trials playing around with different color palettes to figure out what I wanted, but on the 3rd time we nailed it! I truly appreciated her patience with me knowing how important it was to get the exact look I was looking for on my wedding day. She is super personable and helped keep me relaxed on the big day. I couldn't have asked for more perfect makeup on me and my bridesmaids for the wedding day. We all looked so fabulous! I would highly recommend Amanda to everyone looking for a makeup artist for their wedding. She is truly gifted and your pictures will come out flawless. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/30/15, 3 Reviews