Makeup by Paulina Perez Reviews

Makeup by Paulina Perez 5
Makeup by Paulina Perez 6
Makeup by Paulina Perez 7

Christine · Married on 01/23/2016

Just got married in January -- winter, St. Augustine wedding with a theme of glam. Here's the scoop:

Initial Communication: lots of emailing back and forth but always quick to respond; small retainer fee required to hold them for your date; lots of portfolios to choose from in order to select your artists (also useful pics on instagram)

Location (event day): they came to my hotel where we were all getting ready and started on the first girls' hair and makeup at their scheduled time. Not a minute late!

Hair & Makeup Trial: scheduled at your convenience for an additional fee; this takes place at the studio with a private parking lot

Hair Artist: Erin -- this girl can do hair. I was all about big Victoria's Secret/Glam waves, but I needed them to actually stay perfect the entire day and it was obscenely windy. She made it happen. When she first did my hair, I hated it and her only concern was "HOW CAN I FIX IT?". Which she did. She never made me feel bad for saying I didn't like my hair the first time, and never made it about her. She is so sweet and ridiculously talented. People wouldn't stop saying my hair looked amazing all day.

Makeup Artist: Cathee -- a makeup wizard. She transformed us into the most beautiful group of women I have ever seen. She works in a very timely fashion, using all of the top of the line brands & airbrushing. She is actually so good at the airbrushing and contouring that she TEACHES workshops for the company. The contouring that she did blew all of us away. My big Italian nose became a tiny little Beverly Hills one. Her application of fake lashes was PERFECT -- they didn't budge (for like two days...haha). I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt in my entire life on my wedding day thanks to Cathee. And did I mention that she is so FUN to have around while you're getting ready for your big day? Her personality is great, and I felt like she was one of my bridesmaids.

Will recommend forever and ever. Thanks, ladies!

Sent on 02/07/2016

Andrea · Married on 01/22/2016

Paulina was fantastic! I went to Paulina as a referral from a friend who said she did great work and was so much fun - she was right! We got married at the beach in January and had me and 6 others to get our makeup done. Paulina brought someone from her team and they both did a great job! Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Makeup by Paulina Perez's reply:

Andrea thank you so much for choosing me to spend such a special day with! It was so much fun getting to be around such a sweet group!

Ashley · Married on 12/19/2015

I cannot express my appreciation for Paulina & her team! They were absolutely amazing! I literally have zero complaints. We had Kia as our personal stylist. She was beyond incredible! She made me, my wedding party, and my mother feel so beautiful and glamorous for the day! And let me just tell you- her work is unlike any other. My make-up was still SPOT ON after a night of hugs, kisses, tears, eating, & dancing! It was absolutely flawless! Not only was she extremely prompt (She was actually EARLY to the venue to set-up), she was also very proficient once she started. She made sure we stayed on schedule without sacrificing the quality of her work. She was so pleasant and made everyone feel so comfortable as we got pampered and had girl talk for the day! In addition to Kia, Paulina & Lia were amazing too. They made the whole booking process very smooth and answered all my questions or concerns promptly. Paulina even called me a few weeks before the wedding and we talked for almost a half hour! That is VERY rare with any vendor, but especially with a company this popular and well known. I couldn't be more happy with this service. It was absolutely worth every penny and I would HIGHLY recommend booking them if you are looking for a stress-free day with no regrets! THANK YOU PAULINA, LIA, KIA & TEAM! YOU MADE OUR DAY INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Makeup by Paulina Perez's reply:

You are so sweet! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special day!

Lindsay · Married on 11/21/2015

I worked with Cathee for my makeup, and Lia was there on the big day to help with my girls. Cathee was great - put up with me requesting multiple trials to make sure I loved my look. On the day of, I couldn't have asked for better. Makeup stayed all day, and I felt so beautiful. Lia did a great job with my girls! They were done ahead of schedule, too, which is what every bride hopes for.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Brittany · Married on 11/21/2015

Kiara was awesome during my trial and day of wedding makeup. She was so fun and sweet to work with and make me feel beautiful. Thank you!

Sent on 12/11/2015

The did the hair for all 7 of my bridesmaids and me (the bride) and my make up. Everyone looked AMAZING! They were fun and listened to what everyone wanted. Loved working with Paulina's team!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Ansley · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot tell you how happy I was that I went with this company!!! Lia is not only super sweet, she did an amazing job!! I've used her twice, once for my sisters wedding and for my 9/26/15 wedding!! Her work is flawless and makes you look like a Barbie doll! She is super professional and it was so easy to book her through Paulina. They were reasonably priced and a few of my girls went with the airbrush makeup by Lia and was extremely happy with the final product! I don't think you could go wrong with anyone with this company! Happy satisfied customer! -Ansley D.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Kaley · Married on 07/26/2015

I had the most AMAZING time getting my makeup done by Lia! She was amazing so sweet and personable :) She made me beautiful and showed so much love and interest in my wedding and everyone that was in it! Lia did my nieces makeup just for fun just a little here and there and it made her world that she did that for her! She was just amazing and did such a good job! MY make up stayed all night and wasn't to costume like! It was just perfect and so was Lia! I would recommend you requesting Lia from this company! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Makeup by Paulina Perez's reply:

Absolutely LOVE hearing this! We LOVE her as well!! :)

Karmen · Married on 05/02/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Cathee and Erin. These two are a dynamic duo! Not only did they do all we had asked, they did more! We threw two blow outs at them the day of, and they didn't flinch! The made me (the bride) feel like a movie star, and made my girls and family look like a million dollars! They listened, were patient with our requests and are so talented at what they do. I just wish I could fly them to NYC for my next event! :)

Sent on 04/15/2015

Lia did my make up and my bridesmaids make up. She was fabulous she listened to each of us and nailed it. Everyone looked flawless all day. Lia was also extremely sweet and professional.

Sent on 04/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 03/27/2015

Lia was absolutely amazing! I had a group of 12 on my wedding day and she along with her assistant did everyone's makeup beautifully! My bridal makeup was perfect as well. She is so sweet and calming. I would definitely recommend entrusting her with your makeup on your wedding day. She is fantastic.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Samantha · Married on 03/27/2015

I LOVE Paulina Perez and her staff! Nicole did my hair and she is the BEST! She was so understanding and patient when I showed her tons of hairstyles I liked and she really understood the look I was going for. She was able to look at all the hair styles I showed her and do my hair perfectly.Nicole also took time out of her personal time to meet me at Sally's to match hair extensions to my hair, it was so nice of her.
    Cathee did my makeup and it was PERFECT! I have received so many compliments on my hair and makeup and I just can't get over how amazing these two are! Cathee was attentive to detail and made my skin look flawless and my eyes pop for my wedding. She did all my girls makeup and really brought out their best features and made everyone look absolutely stunning.
    If you can get Cathee and Nicole from Pauline Perez, I HIGHLY recommend it. These two are the BEST for hair and make up!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Kim · Married on 03/26/2015

Cathlee listened so well to what I wanted. She was extremely patient on my wedding day as my hair appointment took longer than expected and she had to wait for me. She was so great and got along famously with all of my bridesmaids.

I was ecstatic with how my makeup turned out. She did such an amazing job!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Alanna · Married on 03/14/2015

Kiara from Paulina's team did makeup for myself, 3 of my bridesmaids, and my mother. She did a great job and was very sweet and easy to work with. I would recommend her and Paulina's team in general to anyone looking for professional makeup on their special day. They are the best in Jax!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Christine · Married on 02/22/2015

I did a bridal trial with many different make up companies before I settled on the amazing team of make up by Paulina Perez. My artist for my very special day was Nicole Kaleel. I was blown away not only by her extreme professionalism but by her knowledge of my skin and hair. She recommended a routine for me to start before my wedding date so that my hair and skin looked its very best for my special day. I would recommend Paulina's team to anyone!! I truly feel that she enhanced my natural beauty. I have never felt so pampered and beautiful in my life my wedding day was exactly what I had dreamed it to be. and I am so grateful and thankful that I found this amazing team and I will definitely be using them in the future. Thank you so much makeup by Paulina Perez for offering such a wonderful talent, truly beautiful person inside and out. Nicole thank you for making me feel like a princess :)

Sent on 02/26/2015
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 02/12/2015

Nicole did a beautiful job on hair and makeup for our wedding. Everyone looked gorgeous! Thank you Nicole for helping make our day perfect!!!

Sent on 02/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 01/10/2015

My make-up artist was amazing. I could not have imagined my make-up looking any better. The staff is so incredible and fun to work with.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Jessica · Married on 01/09/2015

Nicole did my make-up and hair. She also did 1 of my bridesmaids hair and 1 for make-up. Everyone thought she did a great job and I loved my hair and make-up! She was very patient with me since I did not have a trial and wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do. She looked at the photos I brought and did an amazing job doing exactly what I wanted. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/15/2014

Everyone looked gorgeous. The bride looked and photographed flawlessly. As the MOB I was thrilled to look special. We all photographed fantastically. Thanks, Leah!

Sent on 12/28/2014

I booked Lia for my wedding makeup. She was simply amazing. I loved how I felt like myself and I looked great in my photos. Not only did she do my makeup, she also did my two bridesmaids and the two mothers. Everyone loved how they looked. Direct quote from my mom, "I didn't want to wash my face after the wedding, I looked so beautiful!" My mom was originally skeptical about the airbrushing technique and worried her face would feel heavy, but all of us loved how you could barely feel anything at all. Thanks, Lia--you rocked!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Paulina and her team are miracle workers. As an older bride (46) who wears little make up anyway, they made me look glamorous without losing my natural look. My nieces were my MOH and bridesmaid (ages 19 and14) and they also were made up to be age appropriate but glamorous at the same time. The team kept us on schedule, dealt with last minute add ons, were professional, calming, flexible and my hair and makeup lasted all day and night. My hair stayed in place in spite of hitting my head, dancing and riding in a golf cart.

Paulina and her team are worth every penny. I can't recommend them enough for weddings, special events or just to teach you how to put on make up.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Nancy · Married on 10/25/2014

We were so pleased to have Paulina and her team take care of my daughter's wedding party. She did a wonderful job with each of us. She was very professional, calm and friendly. It was nice having her presence in the bridal suite. I would highly recommend Paulina Perez for your wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Bailey · Married on 10/25/2014

Lia did my makeup for wedding and engagement photos. She made me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt. I would recommend Lia to anyone I know and I need to plan another party just so I have a reason to use Lia again!

Sent on 03/16/2015

After casually strolling into my local Sephora one day I walked out looking better, and with a reference to Paulina Perez for my upcoming wedding. Lia, the lovely makeup artist I had met in Sephora informed me she also worked with this company. Within a few weeks I booked with Paulina Perez for my wedding makeup and anticipated looking my best for the big day.

Paulina was as pleasure to work with. She was responsive and efficient, doing it all in a pleasant manner. Paulina booked Lia, per my request, for my big day and I couldn't have asked for a better result! Lia, did a fabulous job! My skin looked ethereal, with a touch of the vintage-glam style. It photographed beautifully, yet I truly looked like myself. I couldn't have been more pleased with Lia, and Paulina Perez! Hands down these ladies are the very best makeup artists one could ask for!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2014

I will admit that I didn't want to hire someone for my makeup at first. I do a pretty good job of it on my own. When my photographer recommended Paulina for makeup we said I wouldn't be disappointed. Having our wedding on the beach and knowing how hot it had been was the clincher for me. Knowing that this makeup would be sweat proof & tear proof sealed the deal. Paulina came and did our makeup herself. What a treat! She is so nice and listens to what you want. We all looked amazing with Paulina's team doing our makeup and hair. During the wedding, a few tears (or more) were shed but not any of my makeup. It looked absolutely perfect from beginning to end! I would highly recommend Paulina and her amazing team. I am so glad I listened to my photographer! Thank you Paulina.

Sent on 10/19/2014