Makeup By Megan J Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Chevagne
    Chevagne W. Married on 11/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Megan Is My New Best Friend!!!!

During the process of finding a make-up artist, I stumbled across Megan on Instagram and was highly impressed with her detail of work. I emailed her to set up a consultation and we hit it off IMMEDIATELY! She is very down to earth and made me feel like I knew her my entire life. Once I told her my vision for my wedding, Megan gave me the assurance that I was in good hands. On the day of my wedding, Megan and her team showed up prompt and ready to work. They did a phenomenal job and exceeded our expectations! Megan also stayed at my side for most of the day to ensure my face was photo ready while the tears flowed. She truly is a life saver! Make sure you bring Megan on to your wedding team. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!
    -Chevagne
  • Nicole
    Nicole B. Married on 09/09/2022

Absolutely Perfect

Megan J is the most down to earth makeup artist I’ve ever meant in my life!!! She takes her time and makes you feel comfortable the whole time you are with her. Megan is able to come up with several different looks for makeup right away after seeing your wedding dress. During my wedding day…Megan stepped in and helped me get dressed as well even though she was done with my makeup. She was definitely my calm in the storm when things started to get hectic that day. I absolutely love and appreciate her. I definitely recommend hiring her as your makeup artist. I will be seeking Megan again for her services.
    Aquilah J. Married on 08/27/2022

Excellent Beyond Measure

Megan was absolutely a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She’s awesome, personable, and has such a calm aura about her! From the initial booking to the bridal preview and wedding day, everything went so smoothly! With the preview, she spent time curating the exact look I wanted based on pictures and the personal Pinterest board she created for me. On the day of the wedding, I was a nervous wreck as most brides are, and she kept me cool, calm, and collected. I had a bit of an untraditional wedding venue and it means the world Megan chose to work with me given the location as it was upstate New York. She knew I tend to sweat a lot and her makeup lasted me ALL NIGHT! everyone kept complimenting the look and I’ve never felt more beautiful. The only mistake you can ever make with Megan is not booking her. Her and her assistant did an amazing job, and I would also like to mention she even helped me with my dress as I walked down the aisle. The last thing I’ll say: she works fast, but her work isn’t rushed, huge difference! Her and her team had me, my mom, and MIL in and out of the chair in a timely manner.

Once again Megan thank you so so much! Your work is truly just beyond! I’m so glad I got to work with you!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Aww Aquilah!! You are so sweet, thank you so much for trusting me on your wedding day. I'm so happy that you had such a great experience and thank you so much for sharing here for other potential brides. Wishing you all the very best. - Megan J.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Haslyna
    Haslyna W. Married on 05/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Make up artist on the Planet!!!

Megan is quite literally the best make up artist I have ever worked with. From the very beginning at our consultation, I knew she was the perfect fit for me on my big day. I felt so pampered by her even at my make up trial. I also felt comfortable and encouraged to share anything that I would change or that I didn't like about my. makeup. Having that space to be honest in that way allowed me to trust her even more than I already had. The other thing I loved at my trial was that I looked like myself, just enhanced! On my wedding day Megan and her assistant arrived on time and she was even sweet enough to bring a meaningful gift for me which I had not expected at all. That kind gesture really meant A LOT to me. Megan was a was so, calm, kind, caring, attentive, and supportive on my wedding day. I loved having her by my side for the day. Even my husband commented that he was jealous and should've gotten himself a make-up person...LOL. Megan's services are luxurious, worth every penny, and then some!!!! I really loved working with her and I'm so glad she was a part of this moment with and for me.

She even surprised me afterwards created a cute video of me show casing her phenomenal work! Such a wonderful soul and truly talented makeup artist.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Haslyna! Thank you so much for the beautiful review. You were such a stunning bride, it was truly a pleasure to work with you. Wishing you all the best now and in the future. - Megan J.
  • Kamilah
    Kamilah Married on 04/29/2022

Perfection!

Let’s get this straight! Megan slayed my wedding makeup. I mean it was just flawless. I felt so beautiful on my special day and words can not describe how important that was to me. She makes you feel so comfortable and shes just so welcoming. I love her!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Aww, I love you too Kamilah!!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience! So happy we were able to work together. You were such a beauty on your wedding day and I’m so happy that you felt every bit of that even in your experience. Your pictures came out so beautiful! Can’t wait to work with you again!!
  • Monica
    Monica S. Married on 03/27/2022

I felt beautiful

Megan was an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved my trial and the day of makeup. The foundation was so perfect my moh thought it was airbrushed. She packed such a cute goodie bag for me for the rest of the night and tissues in my bouquet. it was my first time wearing fake lashes and she was very patient and thoughtful with me. I would 1000% recommended her.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Monica!! Thank you so much for the heartfelt review! I’m so happy that you had such a great experience and look forward to working with you again in the future. Wishing you all the very best!!
    Natalie J. Married on 02/25/2022

The Best Makeup Artist

She went above and beyond!!! I can’t stress enough. She wasn’t just concerned that I looked good but that I actually had the day I deserved. She is worth every penny and then some. She’s not just a makeup artist, she literally the support you didn’t know you needed.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Natalie! Thank you so much for the beautiful review! You looked amazing and I’m so extremely grateful that you chose to work with me. Wishing you all the best!
  • Nataly
    Nataly Married on 10/23/2021

Flawless Execution/Olivia Pope Style

Megan did my make up for my wedding day and she did an amazing job. I looked stunning and even my dad (who never saw me with make up) was singing praises of Megan's work. She was a vibe. Because of her I know the difference between looking up and looking sideways lol (I think). She was easy to communicate with and very responsive. She was prompt, professional and down to earth. But most importantly she is a highly skilled makeup artist; she studied my face and knew exactly what would make me look beautiful on my wedding. Her work was flawless and survived the whole day. Would recommend without hesitation!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Yessss to the Olivia Pope reference!! You get me, lol. Thank you so much for the beautiful review. I'm so happy we got to work together. You looked amazing on your wedding day. Congratulations again and wishing you all the best.
    Brittney P. Married on 10/20/2021

Perfection!

Megan was absolutely amazing and everything I needed for my wedding day! She completely captured what I was looking for - she managed to achieve a glamorous look that still felt natural and “me.” Megan was communicative, easy to work with and so much fun. She kept my mind off wedding day jitters and our entire interaction felt like I was sitting in front of a good friend that I’ve known for years. In addition, she worked so well with my mom who was incredibly nervous about full makeup, and ended up completely wow’ed (and requesting professional makeup for all life events going forward). I could not recommend Megan more highly.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Oh Brittney! Thank you so much for sharing your experience in this beautiful and heartfelt review. You were so stunning on your wedding day, just breathtaking! I’m happy that I was able to provide you and my new friend (your mom) with such a wonderful experience. Certainly can’t wait for us to work together again!
    Naimah Married on 10/15/2021

Megan in amazing!

Finding the perfect vendors to match your vision is no easy feat! I do not have experience with wearing makeup, so it was challenging for me to articulate what I had envisioned in my mind the look I had wanted when I walked down the aisle.
    Some how some way, Megan understood my gibberish in what I was looking for and she put together the exact perfect look! Between time management, communication, professionalism, humor and being personable, Megan was what I needed to have the perfect wedding!!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Naimah!! Thank you for the beautiful review. I'm so happy that we were able to work with each other. I had so much fun the morning of your wedding. Wishing you all the very best now and in the future. - Megan J.
    Lateefah W. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My experience with Megan was Amazing!

From our first phone conversation I knew Megan was the one. She was so warm and personable. We clicked I knew I had to book her. The day of Megan went from my makeup artist to my hair stylist. Let’s talk about multitasking lol. She kept me clam and always made sure I was comfortable. My makeup was flawless! I still looked like myself and Megan stayed right by my side to make sure I was on point at all times. When it’s all said and done and your reading this… Megan J is your makeup artist there is no need to look any further.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

You are soooo amazing! Thank you so much for the beautiful review. So happy that we connected, even beyond just your wedding day. You looked absolutely amazing on your wedding day and I had so much fun. Wishing you all the best as MRSSSSS!!! We'll do dinner soon... ;)
    Danny Married on 09/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Make up artist to work with

To me a make up artist is a person that either makes or breaks the day. It was an absolute pleasure working with Megan. She had the bride ready accordingly and according to the timeline. She also was very understanding every time I would ask her what time the bride would be ready for photos. Working with people like that gives you the confidence to have an open relationship and create an atmosphere that we are all working for the bride on her most special day. Naturally her best talent is making a bride look even more beautiful than what they already are. And her make up on her brides looked fantastic and more importantly natural. What she basically does is enhance the beauty that one has in a natural way that is not over the top. A true artist.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Danny, thank you so much for the review. It was so nice meeting and working with you for Melanie's wedding. The pictures came out AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait until the next wedding we share together!
    Em Oh Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Organized, thorough, and great to work with

In addition to being a fantastic makeup artist, Megan is professional and responsible to a tee. She struck an appropriate balance between understanding my vision and being open to experimentation. And I especially appreciated her calm, fun, and kind demeanor on my actual wedding day. Can't recommend her highly enough.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Mimi, thank you so much for your review and for having me on your wedding day. Wishing you all the best 💕 - Megan J.
  • LaShauna
    Lashauna S. Married on 08/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An amazing artist and money well spent!!!

Megan is absolutely the best artist. Not only is she professional, she’s responsive and creative. When it was time for my bridal trial, I showed her just one picture and she was able to create exactly what I was looking for. On my wedding day she pampered my skin and put me at ease, so much so that I almost fell asleep in her comfy chair she always brings with her. Her artistry made me look like me but just a thousands time better. Most artists change the way their clients looks by applying makeup improperly, but not Megan. Her upbeat personality really made me comfortable to the point where I trusted her wholeheartedly. When you first speak with or meet Megan she seems like an old friend that is rooting for you and wants you to looks your absolute best on your day. Megan has a forever client in me, no one else will ever do my makeup again.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Lashauna thank you so much for the kind words and the beautiful review. I'm so thankful for you! You have a heart of gold and I'm so happy I was able to witness your union. You made such a beautiful bride on your wedding day and I'm so blessed to have been able to witness you walk down the aisle to marry your love. I can't wait to see you again!
    Alana Married on 07/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful spirit and beautiful timing !

Unfortunately the day before my wedding , my original make up artist cancelled and was unable to provide me with beauty services any longer . However , she provided Megan as a stand in. I was skeptical at first because I had not had my makeup trial with her and this was the afternoon before my wedding . The day of my wedding Megan showed up on time with a smile end a pleasant demeanor! I felt like it was more of friend doing my make up rather than a hired professional. She was caring , patient, listened to my makeup needs and by the end of it all I looked and felt beautiful! She even helped after wards with my dress and pictures. She was just the right vibe and spirit
    I needed on my special day! She was fun as well! She even helped me with my Beyoncé reel lol! I definitely recommend her for any brides special day!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Alana! Thank you so much for the beautiful review! I’m so happy everything turned out well on your wedding day and that you had a great experience. You looked absolutely stunning!
    Rhill9908 Married on 05/15/2021

Bridal makeup

I was having a hard time finding a MUA for my wedding in May that was responsive, reliable, professional & that made me feel comfortable overall & also within my budget. I finally had found Megan on instagram. She was awesome & on time! She was very thorough throughout the entire process & such a sweetheart. My makeup was on point for my wedding day & my MOH and bridesmaids looked amazing! If your looking for a MUA, BOOK HER!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Roxanne, I’m so glad you found me and thank you so much for the kind words. We had so much fun! Congratulations again my love!!
  • Melissa
    Melissa D. Married on 05/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wish Megan Can Be My Makeup Artist Forever!

Where do I begin, from the very start Megan made me feel very comfortable on our consultation call. As we spoke I felt like I was talking to a friend which is the exact calming feeling I wanted to feel on my wedding day.

I knew from the moment she created my engagement look that I made the right decision by booking with Megan. She is extremely professional, responsive, prompt, and welcoming, which made the planning process easier.

I wanted to make sure my look would be flawless the whole day so I opted to have Megan stay until the beginning of the reception for touch-ups. Thanks to Megan, my makeup stayed put throughout the day even with the sun, a little sweat, tears, and kissing.

She is much more than a make-up artist, she was also my hype person and friend on my wedding day.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Melissa, thank you so much for the beautiful review. I’m so happy that I was able to be there with you for one of the best moments of your life. You made the most beautiful bride and now wife. Congratulations again and I hope to see you soon!
  • Rashell
    Rashell E. Married on 04/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beyond Amazing & Professional Artist!

Megan was beyond professional as a makeup artist and absolutely amazing as a woman. My makeup was flawless. She arrived on time and even stayed to help me with my hair and stayed around for the first look. I always wanted a small wedding with no bridesmaids and all the extra stuff that can happen at weddings. I wanted my wedding to feel intimate and even though it was a small event, Megan made me feel special and I got all the glam and attention a bride deserves. It's all about the details for me and I was pleasantly impressed by her personalization when she gifted me with a cute bag with my name on it. April 2021 I married the man of my dreams and anytime I have to do anything remotely as important that requires me to look amazing, I'm calling Megan.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Rashell, thank you so much for your review and for having me be part of your special day. You are such a beautiful soul and made an even more beautiful bride! I can't wait to see you again!
    Aida M. Married on 04/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Megan is extremely professional..

Megan is extremely professional. She arrived on time and she took her time with the wedding party she made us look so gorgeous. I will definitely continue to hire her.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Aida, thank you so much! You are so sweet and I look forward to working with you again. Sending you much love! - Megan J.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 01/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Caring, Professional, A Quality Experience!

Megan worked magic to make my Minimony dream come true with her skill, vision, and heart of gold. I had the pleasure of meeting Megan in 2020 and through all of the uncertainty of Covid, she stuck with me and continued to lend her optimism that we would create a beautiful day! Megan ensured my makeup wants were met and that I felt beautiful when I was in her chair! With quality products and wonderful energy.. it all came together. Megan.. Thank you!

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Lauren... oh my Lauren... Thank you so much for being you. You and Kelly were the best and I am so thankful that I was able to have a share in your special day while witnessing your union. Can't wait to see you again!
  • Cathy-Marie
    Cathy-Marie H. Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing!

Megan was my makeup artist for my September 2020 wedding — and she’s AMAZING!! Working with Megan, I was able to witness both incomparable professionalism and impeccable artistry combined. From day one of our consultation, she had been friendly, informative, patient, and responsive. She’s very organized, and takes all of her cleaning precautions seriously. When wedding plans changed (as you can imagine in planning a wedding during COVID), she rolled with the punches so easily. She treats her clients like royalty with the thoughtful things she does, and I appreciate her attention to detail — both as a businesswoman and as a makeup artist. When applying your makeup, you can tell that she is very passionate about her craft, and it is reflected in her work. Not only will she make you look and feel beautiful, but your look will last and last! I don’t know what kind of voodoo makeup magic Megan has concocted lol, but by the end of my wedding day, my face still looked flawless, and I was reluctant to wipe it all off to go to sleep because it still looked so good! I cannot recommend Megan enough, and I thank her for making me look and feel BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day ❤️

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Aww, Cathy, thank you so much for sharing your honest experience! You’re such a gem and I’m so happy to have been a part of your beautiful wedding day. ❤️
  • Marie
    Marie D. Married on 08/08/2020

Make up artist

Our make up artist, Megan, was amazing and everyone looked beautiful. She was very professional and on point.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Marie, thank you so much. It was my pleasure to take care of you and your bridal party. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together.
  • Sharisse
    Sharisse S. Married on 06/27/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best MUA do not hire anyone else

Megan was professional & amazing. My makeup was clean and flawless! She was hired at the last minute for a mini ceremony due to the Pandemic. Best decision I made. She will be hired for the postpones wedding celebration next July 2021.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Sharisse! Your wedding day will always be one that is dear to my heart. Next years celebration is sure to be another one for the books and I cannot wait!
  • Morit
    Morit S. Married on 05/25/2020

Simply the best

I cannot stop raving about my experience with Megan. I was one of the unfortunate brides who had their wedding rescheduled due to COVID. I spoke to Megan and she started the consultation by getting to know me, my family, my relationship, but also gave me so much (free) insights about makeup and skincare! I booked a makeup trial immediately. At the trial she paid attention to every detail that we spoke about on our phone consultation. I didn't think I could look this good and this natural! I booked her immediately that day. When the pandemic started, Megan reached out to provide reassurance that whatever I decided to do (postpone or cancel), she would be fully supportive, which was a huge weight lifted as we navigated through this time. When we made our final decision to postpone to 2021, Megan was ecstatic and understanding. Given that we now had a year to plan, she offered to send my invoices in small installments, which was genius, so kind and helpful. My makeup budget did not feel like a burden at all, and I was able to get everything that I wanted!
    On the day of the wedding Megan arrived early, before any other vendor, before my family! She set up her area and calmly waited and prepped. As my family arrived later than she had planned, she re-evaluated and accommodated without being stressed. She was able to do all 4 faces as planned on time. And did I tell you how fabulous everyone looked and felt?? This amazing service continued throughout my wedding evening. Megan was always there to make sure my makeup was always on point, to make sure I was ok with my lip color (she convinced me pink was totally my color and I love her for it!). If the photographers took me aside for pictures, Megan was there making sure I looked my best. It's one thing if this praise was only coming from me, but throughout the night I kept getting compliments from my friends and family about how amazing my makeup artist was, how attentive, how fun she was! She was almost like a member of the wedding party. I am so so incredibly grateful that I met such an amazing person, makeup artist, and I hope friend. I can't wait to see the amazing things that she does with her career. I would recommend anyone who cares about surrounding themselves with positive & good vibes to hire Megan immediately. You will not regret it.

Makeup By Megan J's reply:

Morit, thank you so much for the sincere and thoughtful words within this review. It’s truly been an honor working with you leading up to your wedding day and being able to see you walk down the aisle to marry the love of your life was priceless. I thank you again for choosing me and for letting me into your heart. Talk soon my love…
illustration stars