Makeup by Mary K Engle Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Lauren Married on 11/13/2021

Amazing Hair & Makeup!

Mary Katie did my makeup for my wedding as well as 5 of my bridesmaids and my mom. I booked her without a trial as I live out of state and she did not disappoint! She was super cool, down to earth and my bridesmaids and I all looked fantastic! I am a cryer and my makeup withstood all the happy tears throughout the day and even looked pretty good the morning after!
    She had Kelly with her who did our hair and was just as amazing! We had a great time getting ready and all felt so beautiful! Would highly recommend!!!
  • Abigail
    Abigail T. Married on 10/02/2021

Absolute Perfection!

When I say Katie was absolute perfection, I truly mean it! I knew she was going to be my makeup artist about five minutes into our phone call when I mentioned that I wanted sparkles and bright colors for my makeup, and she said "oh I LOVE sparkles!" She was so excited to play around with color and shimmer, and I knew she would take excellent care of me.

Leading up to my wedding, I was very anxious and texted her a few times. She always got back to me ASAP with exactly the info I needed, and didn't make me feel like a crazy bride. She cleared up any confusion I had, and kept communication open. I really appreciated that!

The day of, Katie was a total delight! We got started at 9AM but she had pep in her step and kept our energy up (and our schedule moving forward). She was friendly, funny, refreshing, and just a lot of fun to be around. All of my bridesmaids were getting their makeup done alongside myself, so it was a long morning/afternoon and she made us all feel beautiful and energized!

As for the makeup: Literally could not have been more perfect and gorgeous!!! Every one of my bridesmaids had a different shade of chameleon glitter on their eyes and perfectly shaped false lashes. Their faces were glowing and shimmering, and their eyes were breathtaking. As was mine! I gasped/screamed when I saw my final look--I didn't think I could look so amazing, but Katie went above and beyond! She even had some extra glitter to put in my hair--I was a glitter princess, and so much of that was thanks to Katie! Oh and she also did a wonderful job with the groom, who got a little glitter half moon on his cheek to match mine.

I highly HIGHLY recommend Katie for her professionalism, positive attitude, open communication, and incredible talent! Seriously, you cannot go wrong with her, I can guarantee that.
  • Brittany
    Brittany S. Married on 06/20/2021

Wonderful talent

Katie was amazing! Not only did she do a fabulous job she was fun to be around. Katie came through for me and my girls after my original MUA canceled on me 3 days prior. As a bride that was beyond stressful but Katie reassured me she had my back and held true to that. I truly appreciated her giving up her Father’s Day morning to take care of us. Beings that Katie and I didn’t even get to trial she aced my bridal look. She even understood my vision without a photo because what I wanted I couldn’t put into words. I would recommend Katie to any bride who wants a phenomenal experience not only with their look but while their sitting in the chair getting ready for their big day! If you ask nicely she can hit some notes too ;-)
  • Melody
    Melody Married on 03/12/2021
    Mary K Engle was fun and easy to work with. We looked like goddesses when she was done
    Alison C. Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing, super talented, and fun Makeup Artist

I would highly recommend Katie for wedding hair and makeup! We had a large bridal party (8 bridesmaids and 2 moms) and Katie and her team were outstanding! Their experience was very evident and made me feel very at ease. Everyone loved their hair and makeup (myself included). Katie was so much fun I wish she could have stayed and attended the wedding. You are a lucky bride if you get to work with Katie!
  • Alexa
    Alexa T. Married on 04/27/2019

Highly recommend for your wedding day!

We had our wedding this past April and from the moment Katie was recommended to us to our wedding day our experience was nothing short of perfect. My girls and myself typically wear a very natural look and Katie understood that and helped us look like ourselves with a pop of glam! She was so easy to work and communicate with. Katie worked with me at my trial to find the perfect touch of makeup and she truly delivered. I would highly recommend her as a very qualified and experienced addition to your special day!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 08/11/2018

Reasonably priced and great experience

I really enjoyed working with Katie. She let me do a second trial when I wasn't sure that I wanted what I asked for after the first trial - she was so nice about it and was always helpful. She traveled to my venue with her girls and made the day easy and fun. Thank you, Katie!
    Kaylyn Married on 06/09/2018
    Katie did a fabulous job on my hair and make up for our wedding back June 9, 2018. She was able to incorporate clip in extensions (that I provided) at no extra charge. I really wanted my hair off to the side, full but not poofy, curly, romantic, with a bit of bling, some up, some down and a braid or two. I couldn't of been more demanding...But it wasn't a problem and she nailed both hair and make up at the trial. I really dislike when make up artists do so much you don't recognize the bride. She made sure to ask me my normal make up habits to make sure she wouldn't over do it. Or I assumed thats whyyyy :) All the girls in the bridal party were happy (moms included). She left us some powder in case we started to get a little oily in the evening. She was a pleasure to talk with, to work with, and just be around. Thanks for being very calm Katie. You were a shoe in with my bridal party! We loved you!
    Jill Married on 10/20/2017
    I cannot express enough how grateful I am to Katie for making me feel extra special and look beautiful on my wedding day. She is extremely talented and did an absolutely fantastic job on my hair and makeup. She is professional and extremely personable. She has a natural ability to immediately make you feel comfortable and at ease. I highly recommend Katie for your wedding.
    Hannah Married on 10/13/2017
    Katie saved my day!!! The vendor I hired to provide a "team" of hair and make up artist only sent a few people at a time throughout the morning, and by noon we still had several bridesmaids to go, and me! My day-of coordinator gave Katie a call and she dropped what she was doing and came to the rescue! Not only did she finish the job, but I was AMAZING! She uses great products and she listens to your likes and dislikes. I got so many compliments on my hair and make up, my guests could not believe that it was almost a disaster! I would recommend Katie ten times out of ten!
    Diane Married on 09/29/2017
    Amazing. Katie was so professional and sweet. We all look and felt great the day of the wedding and had so so much fun getting ready with her and her team!!! Would 100% recommend!!!
    Regina Married on 08/16/2017
    She did my hair and makeup for Motorama I was the oldest participant in the Pageant but after she was done with me she made me feel beautiful I couldn't have asked for a better job and I most definitely would have her do it again
    Caroline Event on: 06/12/2017
    Katie was my makeup artist for my latest music promotional photo shoot this summer with photographer Joe Kelly. She made me feel so confident and comfortable and truly captured the essence of my music by giving me a glam and subtlety sexy look. Besides being extremely talented, Katie was also very professional, friendly, and humble. Whenever the photos of me are used for music advertisements, I'm proud to tell people Katie was my makeup artist! In the future, she will be #1 on my list when I'm in need of a professional makeup artist for a televised event, photo shoot, or musical performance! 100% recommended :)
    Tara Married on 05/28/2017
    I found Katie through Thumbtack. I needed someone to do my engagement pictures in August of 2016. I also thought this would be a good time to find someone to do my wedding. Katie answered my call and was able to do both hair and makeup. She came to my house and did such a fabulous job that I almost cried. She made me look even more beautiful. Then when I picked her for my wedding, we did two trials because I wanted to make sure I looked the way I wanted and Katie was able to accommodate. Katie was always very patient with me and she did wonderful on my wedding day. She even posed for the photographer with me while doing my makeup it was hilarious! Katie is fun, and can keep a conversation going. She get's along with everyone and her makeup technique is ON POINT! Please use Katie if you want a friendly, professional MUA!
    Beth Married on 10/23/2016
    Let me start off by saying, that I am a makeup junkie. This was one of the last things I did, because I wanted the absolute best for my wedding day. I can honestly say that I found that with Katie. She was quick to respond and very efficient. She helped me set up a trial for a few days before the wedding since I live out of state. She put together a GORGEOUS look for my day while remaining friendly and relaxed. She was also honest about what my hair could and couldn't do. Who wouldn't appreciate that? She did my mother's hair and makeup as well and you could just tell that she felt beautiful. She was radiating all night long. We both got so many compliments throughout the day.
    She was phenomenal, talented, and accommodating. Worth every penny. :)
    Brittney Married on 10/08/2016
    I used Mary K Engle for my wedding hair and make up, and could not have been happier! My make up stayed fresh all day, and she was fun to be around on my wedding morning. She also did my bridesmaids make up, and they all looked flawless :)
    Amara Married on 10/01/2016
    You will not go wrong in choosing Katie! I spent hours searching and connecting with dozens of makeup artists only to hold off on going with one because of various reasons. I almost decided to do my own makeup! Until I came across Katie's name and info. She is wonderful! Terrific pricing and phenomenal skills. She was able to do as much, or as little, makeup as I wanted and made me, my bridesmaids and Mothers look their absolute best! She even did a tiny bit of makeup on the flower girl, which was above and beyond my expectations. Katie is professional and responsive and truly accommodating. She can make you look your best while still looking like yourself, or take it to the next level with perfect contouring and eye shadowing! If you're looking for a makeup artist-stop here and choose Katie! I will recommend her to everyone. She is the best!
    Amanda Married on 09/04/2016
    Katie and her team were absolutely amazing! I'm a bit of a makeup diva myself so I was really worried about having someone else do my makeup, but I did want it professionally done. She worked with me and used some of the materials that I brought (I wanted specific colours).

She worked well with my family who wasn't used to wearing makeup at all, even if it was a shock to them, i think everyone was quite pleased. My photographer friend was in the room with us as well and everyone had such a fun time.
  • User2747453 2+ years ago
    Katie was wonderful! She was incredibly professional and delightful to work with.

She stepped in and saved the day when my original vendor flaked out on me. Her pricing was incredibly reason and her quality of work was excellent. The makeup and hair she did lasted all day and didn't budge out in the humidity.

Gloria Married on 08/05/2016
    Katie travelled to Westmoreland County to help me and six other women in my family and bridal party look our best for my wedding. The makeup she provided was beautiful, long-lasting, and fit our style perfectly. She was a pleasure to book and helped make the morning of the ceremony a peaceful, fun time. Highly recommend!
  • Traci
    Traci Married on 06/05/2016
    Katie was wonderful to be around. She has a great personality that would fit with any bride and keeps spirits up so that the bride doesn't stress. She came to my hotel room with an assistant and did the bridal party's hair and makeup. By the time all was said and done we were an hour ahead of schedule but quality was not reduced. Everyone looked stunning!
    Bryce Married on 11/13/2015
    I used Mary K. Engle for my hair and makeup the day of my wedding. There are not enough words to describe how amazing and gorgeous I felt. I was constantly getting complimented on how gorgeous I looked by perfect strangers (we got eloped in Philadelphia). Since we were eloped I had no time for a trial hair and makeup session but I was not hesitant at all. She came prepared for my wedding day and it honestly felt like hanging out with a close friend. She made me feel instantly comfortable! I allowed her full creative range and she gave me a sexy pinup look that made me look like a better version of myself! I am usually very self conscious with people doing my hair or makeup but she read my personality, looked at my dress and made me feel like the most gorgeous bride! I could not be happier. Thank you!
    Kimberly Married on 09/27/2015
    Katie did our makeup and it was amazing. My bridesmaids and my Mom and I felt so pretty all day!
    Tracy Married on 08/22/2015
    Katie was fantastic throughout the entire experience! She was incredibly quick to respond when inquiring about her services, and we were able to set up a trial within a week of the inquiry. The work she did on my makeup was wonderful, and she provided hair services to several of my bridesmaids which also looked fantastic. I would recommend her to anyone!
    Melanie Married on 06/13/2015
    Can't say enough awesome things about Katie and her assistant, Katie's make up on the day of the wedding! First, she was incredibly flexible in working with my budget, as well as wonderful about adding another assistant and more time when a few more of my bridesmaids changed their minds and decided they wanted their make up done. She was punctual and VERY fast. So fast that we were done ahead of schedule, which greatly reduced my stress on the big day!