Makeup By Marlo Reviews

Makeup By Marlo 6
Makeup By Marlo 7

Liz · Married on 05/24/2019

Willowdale Wedding

Highly recommend!! Marlo is a truly talented makeup artist and her team is fantastic. I used her for my engagement photos and wedding and couldn't of been happier with my choice! She and her team are not only talented, but super friendly and were great to have on the day of the wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Tayla

Tayla Marifiote · Married on 09/29/2018

Makeup Queen

Marlo did my makeup for our engagement photo shoot and for our wedding, and I couldn't have been happier. I wanted to look natural in the engagement photos and a little more dramatic for the wedding. Both looks were absolutely perfect! Marlo is so sweet, personable and talented. She uses all high quality products and works very efficiently. I love Marlo and HIGHLY recommend her services!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Makeup By Marlo 8
    Makeup By Marlo 9
    Makeup By Marlo 10
    Makeup By Marlo 11

Tracy · Married on 06/24/2018

Marlo was wonderful to work with on my wedding day. My makeup was flawless and photographed beautifully. I wish she could do my makeup everyday!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Marlo and Meghan was a wonderful experience. I had two hair and makeup trials with them and booked them for my wedding. They are both extremely talented and such a pleasure to be around. 12 of us had our hair and makeup done by their team of 4 people and all the hair and makeup came out wonderfully. Meghan and Marlo added a special touch to my wedding day as they put us all at ease when gettting ready and the finished product was perfect. I highly recommend them for your event! Very impressed!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Makeup By Marlo's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Nicole! You were absolutely lovely to work with! We had a wonderful morning with you and your group, so glad to hear you felt at ease with us :)
    Best wishes for a fun filled future together!

Meg · Married on 05/27/2018

Marlo is THE BEST!!! She is so incredibly talented and one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. I was so lucky she was available for my wedding. We had a trial a few months before, which was super helpful, and my makeup turned out amazing! She is very good at listening, getting a feel for your style/vision, and bringing it to life. On the day of my wedding, Marlo was on time, very professional and enthusiastic, and did a FANTASTIC job on myself and all the girls! I highly recommend her for your next event!!!

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Makeup By Marlo 16
    Makeup By Marlo 17
    Makeup By Marlo 18

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2018

I got married at Willowdale Estate earlier this year, and cannot thank Marlo and Meghan enough for making our day perfect!

I had a hair and makeup trial about a month before at a salon, and once we'd finalized the look they took great photos for us to reference. Before the wedding, Marlo sent really helpful tips, and stayed in touch with me the whole time.

I can't imagine working with anyone better on the day of. Marlo and Meghan fit in with the bridal party seamlessly, and helped in every way possible. They are true experts in their fields and knew how to make us look amazing AND laugh - what more could a bride ask for? Marlo made our makeup look flawless, and Meghan was kind enough to stay through the ceremony to allow me to put my hair up (how I feel most comfortable).

Thank you SO much, Marlo and Meghan! You added so much to our day!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Abby · Married on 10/08/2017

Marlo is amazing!!!! The best decision I made for my wedding. My sister used her for her wedding in 2014 and we both agreed we've never looked better, and I was so excited when I got engaged and Marlo was free for my wedding too. She is so sweet and calm and her personality is perfect to calm wedding day jitters. I LOVED how I looked and loved how my bridesmaids looked too. She brought out the best in everyone! Love love love Marlo. She is so talented!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • User6144126 · 1+ year ago

Marlo and Vanessa were amazing! Not only were they a true pleasure to work with but they did a fantastic job! Everyone looked stunning! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day and making us all feel beautiful!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 06/17/2017

I found Marlo when I attended a friend's wedding and was completely blown away by how beautiful the bridesmaids, MOB, and bride looked. All of the ladies looked so natural, but the absolute best version of themselves. In that moment, I knew I needed to have Marlo as part of our special day.

From my initial contact with Marlo to the trial to the wedding day, Marlo was quite possibly the sweetest person I have ever met. Her talent is second only to her especially warm and kind personality - she will make you feel so comfortable and relaxed - you're in the very best of hands!

Her expertise in makeup and esthetics starts well before the big day - she guides you through the trial to choose the best colors and options as well as skincare tips and thoughtful tips to get ready for the big day (e.g., what to wear, what to bring, remember to eat!, remember to make a playlist!).

The work Marlo did made every bridesmaid and family member feel like the best version of themselves - comfortable and beautiful. On top of this, she was such a joy to have as part of our day. She was kind, friendly, and calm - the perfect addition to the perfect day; we loved spending time with her!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Casey · Married on 06/17/2017

Marlo was an absolute miracle on my wedding day. She came to my parents' house and got 10 women, including myself, done with makeup in under 5 hours. We were done so early with hair and makeup that we literally just got to relax for an hour at home.

My cousin recommended Marlo to me and I am SO glad that she did. Marlo will now be our go-to girl for skincare and makeup. Every one of us were so happy with how our makeup came out that day that everyone was smiling and glowing all day/night long. Marlo included airbrushing and false eyelashes as a part of her fee which is unheard of! She really wants to make her clients look gorgeous and knows that something like airbrushing is going to do that.

My makeup as the bride felt light and never faded or got shiny at all, even through a long night of dancing in the Summer heat! My false eyelashes also were the lightest that I had ever worn - Marlo's application of them was perfect and unlike other times, I had no idea they were even on.

BOOK WITH MARLO ASAP for your wedding - she is honestly THE best in the business!!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Liz · Married on 05/27/2017

Marlo did my makeup for our engagement photo shoot and for our wedding, and I couldn't have been happier with the end results. I'm a mascara/lip gloss only lady, so I wanted to look natural in our engagement photos and a little more dramatic for the wedding. Both looks were absolutely perfect! My bridal party couldn't stop gushing over how great their eyebrows looked, and Marlo even touched up a mark on my dad's eye! Her work is beautiful and the products she uses were gentle on my (super sensitive) skin. Plus, she's lovely and kind :)

Sent on 06/15/2017

Stephanie · Married on 01/14/2017

Marlo is really fantastic at what she does, my wedding makeup was absolutely stunning! I ended up doing something different on the day of my wedding from what I had initially done at my trial and she listened to the changes I wanted to make and executed them exactly the way that I pictured. She uses all high quality products and works very efficiently. All of my bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law and grandma all loved their makeup done by Marlo and Andrea. Not only is she the best- she is also super sweet! She makes you feel really comfortable and not afraid to ask for what you want. I truly felt like a princess and I can't thank Marlo and team for making me look so pretty on my special day!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/21/2016

Marlo is professional, friendly, and extremely good at what she does. She listened to me when I told her what I wanted for my overall look on my wedding- she was able to take my ideas and transform them into something cohesive and beautiful! Obviously, every bride gets showered with compliments on her wedding day, but ive received compliments on Marlo's makeup ever since! Brides have specifically asked me for her contact information when they get engaged- and if they don't, she is the FIRST vendor I recommend to them. My bridesmaids and mother were all equally thrilled with their look- each have different skin tones, hair color, and styles- and Marlo gave them all their own beautiful, flawless, unique look. I can't say enough GOOD about Marlo- you will not regret having her expertise available for your wedding!

Andrea W.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

Marlo is best in class! She did my makeup for the first time for my friends wedding and then I was hooked. She then did my engagement shoot makeup, wedding trial and wedding day. She has been the best to work with, no issues whatsoever. She's personable, polite and SO attentive. Not to mention talented! She did an amazing job and I'm so thrilled with my professional photos thanks to her. My bridal party also LOVED her and I have friends reaching out to book with her :) I couldn't have imagined working with anyone else for out big day. THANK YOU MARLO!

Sent on 12/06/2016

MaryKate · Married on 06/04/2016

My wedding day was interesting...i had just gotten out of the hospital after having been in there for a week. I had just given birth and was not feeling my best. Marlo made me feel human again. She made me look like myself only better. I didnt give her much to work with but felt amazing when she was done. She is also seriously friendly and professional. I could say it a million times, Marlo was amazing. She made me feel amazing.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Marlo is amazing. She is extremely professional, accommodating, and an overall pleasure to be around. On top of that, she does an unbelievable job! I would definitely recommend her services!

Sent on 06/29/2016
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 04/23/2016

I absolutely adored Marlo! She was the sweetest person to have around while getting ready for my wedding at a vineyard in New Hampshire. I knew from the makeup trial that she was awesome and she really pulled out all the stops with my day-of makeup. I don't tend to wear a ton of makeup on a daily so I was a little nervous that I wouldn't look like myself on my wedding day but Marlo made me look like the best version of myself! She was so fun to have around and I have already had friends ask about her info for their upcoming weddings.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Adria · Married on 01/09/2016

Marlo was such a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend her! She was super accommodating, knowledgable and helpful from the minute I booked her all the way up until the wedding. I was having some pre-wedding stress related skin issues and she was more than happy to recommend some solutions and products after a quick phone consult. On the day of the wedding she arrived on time and completed my make up along with my mom's and sister's, and we all could not have been more pleased; she did a fantastic job. My mom very specifically wanted an understated/natural look while my sister wanted a more dramatic look. Marlo really listened to both of them and they got exactly what they asked for! Marlo is laid back and easy going while also being very professional. Can't say enough good things about her, highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Susan · Married on 11/28/2015

I'd hire Marlo again and again if I could. She did not only the makeup for my awesome boudoir pre-wedding shoot, but also for my wedding. She made me, along with all of my girls and my mother and mother in law look and feel amazing. She's the sweetest most flexible person in the world, but also so unbelievably talented. I'm THRILLED with her work and encourage you to book her for your event. Just do it :)

Sent on 03/11/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2015

Marlo is fantastic! She did my makeup for both my cousins wedding and my own and it looked beautiful. On my wedding day, she did my family's makeup and coordinated the timing perfectly, we were even able to get an extra person in. She was flexible and able to accommodate everyone's preferences. My husband was nervous I'd look too made up since I don't typically wear much makeup but he loved it. It lasted all day/night too! My aunt even slept in hers, lashes and all, and it looked perfect in the morning. Not only does she do great work, Marlo is very personable and accommodating. I tried a few other vendors and had bad experiences. I am beyond happy with choosing Marlo and highly recommend her for a flawless look and great experience!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lindsey · Married on 08/08/2015

I loved my experience with Marlo. All 8 of my bridesmaids looked beautiful and were beyond happy with their makeup. The eyelashes were an awesome extra that she offered, and well worth the reasonable price she charges for them. She works quickly and makes you feel gorgeous for your wedding day. She's very talented at using makeup to really bring out features without looking overwhelming or extreme. I highly recommend booking her!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Breanna · Married on 06/27/2015

Marlo was so great as a makeup artist and just a very sweet person, easy to get along with! I had 11 bridesmaids along with myself to get makeup done, she arrived early and worked all day to make sure we all looked perfect. All my girls loved their makeup as well as myself. If you want someone who really cares and is passionate about wedding makeup, Marlo is a perfect fit!

Sent on 06/30/2016

T · Married on 05/30/2015

Marlo made my day so special. I couldn't have felt more beautiful. For the trial, Marlo came to meet me in Boston which made was very convenient as I was from out of town. On the day of Marlo was prompt, professional, and best of all excited to be part of my special day. I couldn't have asked for a better makeup stylist.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Marlo does amazing work. If you are looking for a makeup artist for your wedding, please give her a call. Marlo did makeup for my engagement shoot back in July and my wedding on 8/16/14. I had trials with 2 separate artists before meeting Marlo, and both trials failed miserably. Marlo was truly like a breath of fresh air. On our wedding day, she did makeup for me, 3 BMs, 2 Moms, and my G'Ma all by herself. Our group of 7 had a wide variety of personalities and tastes, but every single one of the ladies from my G'Ma to my 25 yo sister loved the work Marlo did and her personality. I got separate thank yous from each one of the ladies for having hired Marlo. She was that good. Seriously - my 82 yo Dominican grandmother and 59 yo Dominican mom are ridiculously tough critics. Marlo is professional, personable, sweet, knowledgeable and experienced. She even helped calm my nerves as I practiced my vows for the last few times in her chair. I could not be happier with how my makeup turned out for our engagement photos and on our wedding day. Everyone looked gorgeous and felt beautiful. Thank you so so much!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/23/2014

Marlo is an INCREDIBLE makeup artist. She did the makeup for my hairdresser's wedding and when I saw the photos, I knew I had to have her do the makeup for mine (even without having ever met her). I have never really liked how other people do my makeup and Marlo made me feel so comfortable and did such an amazing job. She did everyone's makeup for my wedding (myself, 3 girls in my bridal party and the 2 moms) all by herself and everyone looked flawlessly beautiful. Marlo also offers spray tans and came right to our house to do them before my bachelorette party and again right before the wedding (best spray tan I have ever seen!). Marlo is also the sweetest person and I feel like I have gained a friend in addition to an awesome makeup artist.

Sent on 06/06/2014