43 Reviews for Makeup by Kim Porter

Contour Makeup (4)
Group Services (2)
Multi. Stylists (1)
42 Makeup by Kim Porter Reviews

Kim Porter was great to work with. She was accommodating when I decided I wanted my look changed slightly and took detailed notes to ensure the day of I just needed to sit in the chair and be pampered. I felt beautiful and all of my girls looked amazing as well.

Profile Picture Rachael, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Kim was so nice and made you feel comfortable. She listened to what we wanted and everyone looked gorgeous.

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Kim did such an amazing job on my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone looked gorgeous!! And she was just lovely to be around.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Kim did my makeup for my wedding last year and I cannot say enough good things about her! She is so accommodating and so professional. She really made my big day perfect because I looked so amazing! If you are looking for someone who is talented and knowledgeable in the makeup field she is the one. Definitely plan on using her for any future needs in makeup! Thank you Kim for not only making me look so amazing but also for making my bridal party and mom look amazing!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim Porter and Sharra are absolutely exceptional. I felt more beautiful than ever on my wedding day, thanks to them. Kim did airbrush makeup which was every bit of worth it. My skin looked flawless and the pictures looked great. She provided fake eyelashes which I was skeptical about. But they were super light and natural. Never irritated me or fell off. Sharra did my amazing hair which held up through 55 mph winds and sleet. These women are both so sweet and won't stop until you feel your best! They also do great mother and bridesmaids hair and makeup. Everyone was pleased. A bonus, they can travel to you so you don't have to travel on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Elaine, 4/9/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Kim Porter did both my bridal shower make-up and my wedding day make-up in 2016. She also did the make-up for my mother, mother-in-law, and my daughter on my wedding day.

She was an outstanding vendor. Very professional as well as well as personable. After my bridal shower, we made minor changes as to how I wanted my make-up to be on my wedding day. Kim made those changes and I could not have been more pleased.

I would definitely recommend her to others.

Profile Picture Brooke, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kim was my makeup artist for my wedding at the Williamsburg Winery on 11/21/15. Kim and her assistant did a fabulous job! I was so happy with my makeup and felt absolutely beautiful :) My bridal party also had their makeup done and they were absolutely thrilled with the results. Kim and her assistant were so sweet and friendly and really made me feel at ease. They even offered to help me when I had a problem with my wedding hair! I would highly recommend Kim to anyone in need of make up services. Thank you Kim for helping make my day so wonderful :)

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/21/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Thank you Kim for helping to make an amazing day truly remarkable. Her ability with makeup was fantastic and made me and the wedding party feel very beautiful on my wedding day. She is very much a professional and definitely talented. I recommend her for anyone needing to look their best. She also recommended Sharra for styling my hair and between the two of them I never felt so beautiful. Not to mention they both drove out to the wedding site and timed every detail perfectly with time to spare before the event. You truly could not ask for better. - Shannon

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/18/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

Kim did an AMAZING job doing my makeup for my engagement photos and wedding! I was so happy with the way my makeup turned out, as well as my bridal party's makeup. She is so friendly and makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to feel beautiful and pampered on their wedding day!

Profile Picture User4630998, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

If I could give Kim 10 stars I would! She worked miracles with my makeup. I am not the type to wear makeup but if I did, I would hire Kim to be my personal makeup artist. Kim is very gifted when it comes to this. She is definitely a MUST in the Hampton Roads area. Hands down the best makeup artist in this area.

Profile Picture Nyah, 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

When I asked our wedding planner who to call for bridal makeup, I had barely finished the question and she responded: Kim Porter. After looking at her website and portfolio and upon speaking with her over the phone, I was confident Kim would take care of me. She is professional, accommodating, and talented. The makeup trial session was fun, and we played with gorgeous colors and sassy eyelashes. When Michael saw the makeup that afternoon he couldn’t take his eyes off me! On the day of our wedding I felt relaxed in her hands, looked absolutely stunning, and barely needed to touch up throughout the night. Makeup by Kim Porter is the finishing touch on a beautiful bridal look. - Heather

Profile Picture Michael, 9/18/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim is one of the sweetest ladies to work with! I knew from the first time speaking with her on the phone that I wanted her to do my make-up! She was so accommodating to me and I loved my trial day. It was so much fun getting to try different looks and she really let me be in control but she was there to offer advice! The morning of my wedding she was there early setting up and all of my girls loved her! I got so many compliments on my make-up and I felt beautiful!!!

-Kelly Young

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim Porter is amazing at what she does- I recently had her do my makeup along with my mothers and bridesmaid for our recent wedding and OMG everyone looked GREAT. When I did my trial with Kim she was so sweet and did exactly what I wanted. The day of she was so sweet even when the time was a little close she finished the last woman just as perfect as the first. The pricing is less than what it should be for how amazing she is. The makeup was flawless and lasted all night, i felt like i looked like a better version of myself.
If I ever need my make up done again I will be contacting KIm-
I dont want to forget Rylee who did amazing with everyones hair. When I first met her she did a wonderful job but I decided to go with a different look so the day of i told her i decided to do another look and she was fine with it. She went with it and it was EXACTLY what i wanted but didnt know how to explain. She was just as sweet as Kim and the two of them together are perfect and will go very far.
I hope to use you both again very soon!
Heather

Profile Picture Heather, 4/17/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I now have had Kim do my makeup 3 times. She first worked her magic on me at a friends wedding and that day I knew she would be doing makeup for my wedding. My makeup looked flawless every time. I am not a girl that wears a lot of makeup and I knew for these special occasions I wanted to be a little different. She did a wonderful job without taking me out of my comfort zone. Kim is so sweet and fun to work with, I couldn't recommend anyone else.

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

As someone pretty knowledgeable on makeup, I was hesitant to pay for something I thought I could do myself. My advice to all brides--hire Kim. Her work is truly reflective of a professional and it was such a relief on the wedding day to just sit back and have her work her magic. Professional makeup is a little pricey (she is in the same price range as most local makeup artists) but it is incomparable! After a negative experience with another local makeup artist, I reached out to Kim for help creating my wedding day look. She helped calm my nerves, she was flexible in finding a trial date, and she spent about two hours creating the perfect look at the trial. She took her time on the day of (wedding day makeup should take at least an hour if done correctly!), and perfected a natural look with a smoky eye. I looked flawless all day long and most importantly, I felt beautiful! Thanks Kim!!

Profile Picture Shannon , 3/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim and her assistant were fantastic! Pictures of her work speak for themselves. She was worried that she wouldn't be able to do makeup for myself and my 5 bridesmaids in the short amount of time that we had schedule, but she managed to do my 2 junior bridesmaids and SIX flower girls too! She was so incredibly accommodating by adding those girls in at the last minute.

On a very personal note, she completely saved the day for me. There were a few times where I started to get overwhelmed by everything with the wedding and she made everything OK. Things that didn't even have to do with makeup. She has a very calming presence and I would have been a complete mess without her.

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/27/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

a rating of 5 doesn't do her justice. Kim Porter did an amazing job with our bridemaids and myself. She worked with us in a tiny room filled with people and decor, it was hot, the lighting not so great and the Bride (me) was really stressed out..... she never complained a bit, just wanted to make sure everyone was happy with their looks and made sure the Bride (me) looked and felt beautiful......and I DID!!!!! Thank you so much Kim,,,, your the best!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 12/13/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! Anyone who can make a 49 year old bride feel young & beautiful on her wedding day is tops in my book!!!! Thank you Kim for doing just that!!! Your wonderful!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim was really great to work with. Worked around our schedule and everyone looked so beautiful and natural.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim was my makeup artist for our wedding and I cannot speak more highly of her! She was really helpful as we were discussing options for different makeup styles for the big day and what would be best for me. She had a lot of great input and ideas, and really just made everything so easy (and what bride doesn't want that?!).

On the day of our wedding, Kim showed up at the hotel on time and got to work on my bridesmaids, family members, and myself. She was friendly, professional, and worked quickly but without making us feel rushed.

My makeup didn't budge the whole day and it photographed beautifully. I definitely would recommend her to any bride. THANK YOU KIM!

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim was awesome to work with. She did an amazing job with the makeup on my matron of honor, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. Everyone looked beautiful! She was also really professional, friendly, and easy to talk to. You can't go wrong with Kim Porter.

Profile Picture Michele, 10/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim was recommended by my wedding planners, Emily Weddings, and I was beyond pleased with the look of my makeup for my wedding. Kim immediately, professionally, and thoroughly responded to my initial email request for information with prices, availability, and contract. Kim also made arrangements for her assistant, Riley, to do my hair, so it was perfect to be able to do both in one place and through one contract! At my consultation, I expressed concern about air brushing (because my sister's airbrushed makeup looked caked on at her wedding) and Kim explained how her product is different and looks very natural. She was right! The finished look was light, yet provided significant coverage, and glowed in the sunlight! I highly recommend Kim as a professional (and fun!) make-up artist!

Profile Picture Monica, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim is amazing, I have not felt this amazing in years... Do not look any further she is the best in the Area.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Let me first say AMAZING!!!!!! I never looked so good, when I looked in the mirror I did not recognize myself and said who is this women in the mirror she looks damn good. I wish I could look like this everyday. I felt amazing . I would highly recommend her to everyone. I could go on and on. Thank you Kim I love you!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Kim Porter was absolutely amazing to work with and was sooooo talented! She listened to exactly what I wanted and did an amazing job with my trial and wedding day make up. She was such a joy to work with and everyone loved her and her assistant- they made us all look gorgeous! I could not have picked a better make up artist and I recommend her for anyone looking for a wedding day make up artist.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews