Makeup By Holly Reviews

Makeup By Holly 4
Makeup By Holly 5

Margaret · Married on 06/08/2019

Phenomenal Services

Looking for hair and makeup for your wedding? Look no further, seriously! I highly reccomend Makeup by Holly. Upon sending my request in for pricing, Holly called me directly and spoke with me for about 30-45 minutes to truly grasp what I was looking for in my hair and makeup for the wedding, background of how my, now husband, and I met, how many girls would require services, etc. From there, the communication was strong and she would always e-mail and call to confirm things. Holly would get back to me within 12 hours, most times within 6 hours of me contacting her. That shows true professionalism and passion for the services she provides. For my wedding, we got Brittany as our stylist and she was Phenomenal. I've been apart of so many weddings and there is always 1-2 girls who hate their hair...but not this time around. All my girls, any myself, LOVED our hair. That's because Brittany listened to what we wanted and offered her own input and all our hair styles were beautiful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Makeup By Holly's reply:

Thank you, Margaret! It was an absolute pleasure bringing your wedding beauty services to light. All the best in your marriage!
  • Kelly

Kelly Mcginnis · Married on 12/14/2018

Beautiful Work

Brittany was a fabulous makeup artist. We had her do the makeup for a few of my bridesmaids and she did such great work that one bridesmaid who was not planning on getting makeup done got it done! She made us look flawless! I couldn't have asked for better makeup!!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Jordan Brown · Married on 12/08/2018

December 2018 Wedding

I cannot thank these ladies enough for how beautiful they made my bridesmaids and I look on my wedding day! They made us look so good we were even featured on Kleinfeld’s IG page! On the day of our wedding husband and his groomsmen were like “Who were all those women dressed in black with their roller bags? They looked legit!” I told him they were our make-up artist and hair stylists! I have to give a huge shoutout to Holly for her timely communication with coordinating my trail and the contract. Also, I would really like to thank Brittany J. and Alisha W. for doing my hair and make-up, respectively. They were both patient with the changes I made last minute and really helped bring my vision to life. Additionally, I would like to thank the other 3 other stylists that helped on the day of! I had nine bridesmaids of all different races (Black, White, Hispanic, and Asian) and they were all so efficient with helping get everyone ready in time for pictures! They even did my mom and mother-in-law’s make-up, as well as my aunt who we added the day of. Thanks again for everything y’all did!

Makeup By Holly 6
    Sent on 01/31/2019

Amy · Married on 10/22/2018

Excellent experience!

Holly sent Tierra to take care of me on my wedding day. She was very professional, arriving on time with everything she needed. I felt completely pampered and at ease. The results were amazing! I don't know a lot about makeup, so I wasn't able to give a lot of input, and she created a look that was better than anything I could imagine.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Sharonda · Married on 06/30/2018

Makeup By Holly was an absolute God-send! I was searching for a makeup artist that could give me the natural look that I desired for my wedding day, and Holly made that happen. From the very beginning, she took the time to talk with me not only about what I wanted for my wedding day, but also about her credentials. It made me feel very secure to know that Holly was so knowledgeable about her craft. She also went above and beyond to make sure the artist chosen was a perfect match for me. I was more than pleased with the skill and professionalism that Holly exhibited, as well as the skill and professionalism of my makeup artist Alisha. Both women made sure that I got the beautiful and natural look that I wanted on my wedding day. I truly looked like my best self, and received compliments all day long about what a beautiful bride I was. I am so grateful that I met Holly who blessed me with the opportunity to work with Alisha, and on my wedding day, I felt and looked absolutely radiant! Thank you Holly and Alisha!

Sent on 07/07/2018
  • Jacki

Jacki · Married on 06/30/2018

Holly and her partner, June provided makeup and hair services, respectively, for my wedding day and were so kind, professional, calm and did an AMAZING job! They made sure to note exactly what we tried and liked during the makeup trial so that they had a solid plan for the wedding day which hey carried out to a T, and did an awesome job of communicating with me to plan out the schedule for beauty services and coordinate arrival and set-up the morning of the wedding. It was quite hot out, since my wedding was in June, and both the makeup and hair held-up beautifully through the ceremony in full-sun, looked amazing for the pictures that followed, and even made it through hours of dancing and looked flawless at the end of the night!! They really went above and beyond by allowing one of my family members to borrow a curling iron when the guest realized last-minute that she had forgotten to pack hers, covering a blemish that appeared in the middle of my chest (of course!) the night before, and bringing their calm and positive energy to a pretty hectic-- for me-- morning.

I am SO glad that Holly and June were my glam team on this special day and really cannot recommend these amazing artists highly enough!

Sent on 07/13/2018

April · Married on 06/16/2018

Holly and her team are definitely All Stars!! They were all like family by the end of my wedding day. Holly is a perfectionate and knows how to make you look and feel beautiful on the inside and outside. She made sure my make-up would be flawless in person and on camera. She will go out of her way to make you look 100% gorgeous. She is a great listener of your needs and wants for your wedding day. She will also teach you about makeup and give you great tips to use in your personal life. June did my hair and it was absolutely perfect! Highly recommend, you will not be disappointed in their service and you would look fabulous on your wedding day!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Lilianna · Married on 05/11/2018

Working with the Makeup by Holly company for my wedding was nothing but a positive experience. After being recommend by Blushed by B. Ross salon in Richmond Virginia, I emailed Holly asking for quotes for my upcoming wedding. She was extremely quick to respond, professional and was able to work with my hectic work schedule. I ended up working with Shawna and Mary who were both wonderful! Shawna, was able to quickly schedule a makeup trial, and give wonderful recommendations. I have to point out that I was one of those frantic brides who was trying to keep things organized, but it was difficult. Shawna was so kind to work with my crazy schedule, and just go with the flow. My bridesmaids and I all felt and looked extremely glamorous and beautiful the day of the wedding and even after having a 90 degree ceremony, and dancing all night, our makeup held! Mary was also wonderful and professional working with some of my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law. She put everyone at ease, and was able to take everyone's personal style and elevate it for the wedding. I would definitely recommend this company, and their artists for any event!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2018

Makeup By Holly were so easy to work with! Not only did they make my dream wedding look come together they were so much fun to work with! It felt like I had one of my best girlfriends doing my makeup that day! Highly recommend them!!!!

Makeup By Holly 7
    Makeup By Holly 8
    Makeup By Holly 9
    Makeup By Holly 10
    Makeup By Holly 11
    Sent on 06/12/2018

Connie · Married on 11/24/2017

Alisha was great to work with! had to salvage a bad hairdo and did a fantastic job. The make up was so professional and "picture perfect"

Sent on 11/26/2017

laura · Married on 10/28/2017

Alisha was so patient. She was amazing !!! With a busy day she heard all my wants and even gave her suggestions that she knew would look nice! I would chose her over and over again!

Sent on 11/10/2017
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 10/08/2017

Holly and Brittany were absolutely amazing! They were so patient with my bridal party and I in the midst of chaos and were so good about keeping us calm. I started crying right before I walked down the isle and Holly helped me to stay calm and made sure my bridal beauty was perfect! Absolutely wonderful team!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Toni · Married on 09/30/2017

I would recommend Holly, for anyone who is looking to compliment their special moment in life with an extremely personable and professional experience. Specifically speaking of not only her phenomenal work , but her rapport and ability to focus in a chaotic pace is priceless.

Makeup By Holly 12
    Makeup By Holly 13
    Makeup By Holly 14
    Makeup By Holly 15
    Sent on 10/01/2017

Jo · Married on 09/30/2017

I do not wear makeup and Holly gave me a natural look that was beautiful. I received so many compliments. I will never go to another business for makeup. Holly gave me what I needed the very first time. I loved it.

Makeup By Holly 16
    Sent on 10/13/2017

Jenee' · Married on 09/28/2017

Holly was very professional with a calming, kind spirit. She brought the look I had shared with her to life. I was beyond pleased.

Makeup By Holly 17
    Sent on 09/30/2017

Kacey · Married on 09/24/2017

Holly was absolutely incredible. Professional, friendly and so accommodating. I enjoyed her company so much! She made me feel so beautiful and one of the most important days of my life!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Karen · Married on 09/16/2017

Holly was the consummate professional and she certainly knows how to make everyone look beautiful through makeup! She and her team provided hair and makeup for about 10 ladies ranging in age from 24 to 84 at my wedding last weekend, and everyone was very pleased and looked spectacular. You won't go wrong hiring Holly and her team. She guided me through everything, arrived early and even finished early. Someone even commented that my 84 year old mom looked hot! Thanks Holly and Team!!

Makeup By Holly 18
    Makeup By Holly 19
    Makeup By Holly 20
    Sent on 09/24/2017

M · Married on 09/16/2017

I booked Makeup By Holly for makeup services. Holly provided me with two artist Taryn and Brittany who were professional and set up on time. My bridal party was pleased with their services. I enjoyed speaking with Holly and appreciate how she was able to coordinate everything in a short time span.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Gena · Married on 05/06/2017

Holly was absolutely amazing! She did my wedding makeup, along with the mother of the bride. She made us look like we were celebrities. We received so many compliments! I would re-book her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Julie · Married on 01/21/2017

Holly is not only professional but a sweet, kind, caring person. Holly did a wonderful job on my make up. I told her I wanted a natural look and she did everything I said and made me feel beautiful on the outside as well as the inside. Her delicate touch to my face while putting on my make up was the best experience! It was like she was painting my face, doing her master piece. Everyone at my wedding said I looked Beautiful, flawless, and if I had wings I would fly because I looked so Angelic and like a Angel. All the comments on FB, social media everyone said I looked Beautiful, Flawless, Amazingly Gorgeous. The most important comment of all is my Husband who said when the church doors opened and he saw me, he said he was trying not to cry because of how Beautiful and pretty I looked and I was the most Beautiful bride he had ever seen. Holly is Fantastic and I highly recommend her. Holly is so talented in her profession. I am still bragging about Holly to my friends, family and anyone who needs makeup done for a special event. Thank you for reading my long message and you all continue to stay blessed!
    Mrs. Julie Cooper

Sent on 01/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2016

Holly and her team did such a amazing job on myself and my bridesmaid. She made sure everyone felt special on my big day! She is very talented and knows what she doing, they even went above and beyond by going to get my bridesmaid something to eat. Thank you so much for everything, ladies I highly recommend her ! 11-05-2016

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 11/04/2016

I booked Makeup by Holly for hair services for a friend's wedding. Holly is great...and so was my stylist who was super friendly, arrived on time for our appointment and did a phenomenal job on my hair. I received so many compliments and highly recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

Makeup by Holly provided the hair styling and makeup for my September wedding onsite at our hotel. Holly and June did makeup and updos for 5 different women and made each one look unique and beautiful. Holly was incredibly responsive, flexible, and helpful as I went through the hair and makeup trial and then contract processes. She generously allowed me to add people after we agreed upon our initial hair and makeup plan as women in my bridal party and family decided that they wanted one of the services. She and June provided a wonderful, professional, fun environment for both the trials and the morning of my wedding. We all enjoyed their company and would love to have them do our hair and makeup for any events in the Richmond area in the future!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2016

Holly and her team were amazing through the entire wedding process. I changed my "get ready" location a month before my wedding and the team was very accommodating. Brittany did a fabulous job with my hair, and Alicia made my, and my wedding party's makeup look flawless. They were so much fun, and so professional! Ladies, if you need a great team for your wedding, I highly recommend you select this one for your special day! Thanks again for making me look like a Queen!

Sent on 09/12/2016
  • User7062070 · 2+ years ago

Amazing!!!!!! The makeup artists holly coordinated were so sweet and fun in addition to being super super talented! They made me and my mom / friends feel so confident and beautiful.

Sent on 08/08/2016