Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Makeup By Amy Kennison 5
Makeup By Amy Kennison 6
Makeup By Amy Kennison 7

Melodie · Getting married on 10/05/2019

My make up was absolutely beautiful, practically perfect from the application (1:30 pm) until the end of the reception. Fabulous job Amy!!!

Sent on 06/07/2013
  • Eliza

Eliza · Married on 07/27/2019

Best Decision Ever

All hail queen Amy! She is both an incredible professional and person, and we were so lucky to work with her. Amy is a true artist, and she pulls of any and every style of makeup you could want. After doing my trial during the holiday season, I knew I was in the very best hands for my wedding. She truly brings out your best features while making sure you still look like you, which was so important to me for my wedding day. Amy is such a fun and calming person, and she instantly helps you relax and enjoy the process. She airbrushed me and all of my ladies for the wedding, and it was the perfect choice for our outdoor July ceremony – both lightweight and durable! My entire bridal party was so happy with their makeup and it was such a mood-changer from getting ready nerves to DANG we look good! I highly recommend working with Amy for any event, as she truly is the best of the best on all aspects!

Sent on 08/04/2019
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 8

Nichole · Married on 05/25/2019

Wrightsville Manor Wedding

Amy was the best for makeup on my wedding day. I had the opportunity to work with her for my engagement pictures, bridal trial and wedding day. She is so easy to work with and very accommodating. My makeup for all occasions was flawless and stayed on all day/night. My bridesmaids couldn't stop talking about how amazing she was. I even had 2 bridesmaids who hate getting their makeup done and aren't big on makeup and Amy made sure that she did exactly what they wanted and they were so pleased and happy with her work. Her work is amazing and she makes you look stunning but natural. She is a dream to work with and I would recommend her to everyone on your wedding day!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with all of you and this review made my week! Thank you for having me to help on such an important day. You were a dream bride to work with!!!
    Best wishes
    Amy
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing amazing work

Amy did amazing work with myself (bride) and with the bridal party and mothers. She made us all look very natural yet highlighting our features. Ive always been skeptical in someone doing my makeup but for some reason i did not with her due her pictures. I did not even do a trial and trusted her to just do my makeup day of wedding. I would love to find another excuse to allow her to do my makeup. Love her work!!!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 15
  • W

Whitney Smith · Married on 03/22/2019

Flawless makeup!

From my engagement photo makeup to my wedding day makeup, Amy KILLED IT!! I love how natural but flawless she could make me look and feel! Her super sweet and kind personality made it easy to work with her! I made the mistake of letting my bridal party decide if they wanted makeup and a few of them who are from out of state chose not to. These same girls were begging Amy to do theirs on my wedding day! I would HIGHLY recommend any bride to book her and don’t make the same mistake I did but instead just book your entire bridal party! Thank you Amy for being so calm and comforting on my big day and your skills are truly amazing and one of a kind. So happy you had availability on my wedding date I couldn’t imagine anyone else doing my makeup!! Words cannot even sum your perfectness!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Awww thank you so much Whitney! You were a dream to work with and I wish you and your husband all the best!
    Cant wait to see the wedding photos!
    Have an awesome summer!

Erin · Married on 03/15/2019

Wedding Makeup

Amy was an absolute pleasure to work with! She did my make up for my engagement shoot and for my wedding day! She exceeded my expectations! The make up was done so tastefully! Thanks Amy! you are WONDERFUL!
    Erin Graves

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 16

Katie · Married on 11/16/2018

absolute perfection!

It was such a pleasure working with Amy for all of my make up sessions for my wedding festivities. It is amazing how perfect she is at makeup, you never thought you could look so beautiful until make up with Amy! Her professionalism, detail, and personality was so relaxing but also so much fun. Every session I had with her stayed exactly how it was when I left her until the end of the day. She did make up for my engagement shoot, bridal portrait, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day, as well as my bridal party wedding day. I can't wait to have my makeup done by her again. I will recommend her over and over for makeup forever! I wish she could do my makeup every day. Thank you for making me look so beautiful so many times Amy!

xoxo, Katie

Sent on 01/02/2019

Catie · Married on 10/20/2018

Best makeup in wilmington

It was such a pleasure to work with Amy for my wedding. My bridesmaids and the moms absolutely loved Amy as well as her work. Many of my bridesmaids commented that their hair and makeup had never looked as good for any of the other weddings they'd been a part of. Everything was timed perfectly, and the day was stress-free. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Sarah Kate · Married on 07/20/2018

Amy is amazing. There is a reason she has so many perfect reviews. She made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day and my makeup looked just as beautiful at the end of the night. My bridesmaids, mom and mother in law all were so happy were their makeup. They could not stop talking about how pretty they felt. She knows exactly what a face needs and is so kind and easy to talk with as well. She's truly the best and I wish I could have her do my makeup every day!

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 17
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 18

Brittnee · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful Natural Look!

Amy was great! We lucked out and our wedding happened to line up with a cancellation. I loved her portfolio of work and she continued the beautiful look on all of us as well. Very kind, down to earth, and speedy! She knows what she is doing and she get's right to business. Makeup trials are done in her home studio, she travels on the wedding day.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Thank you so much britnee!
    I am so glad you were happy with your makeup:):)
    Good luck to you and your new hubby and let me know if you ever need me for future events or lessons.
    Have a wonderful summer:)

kelli · Married on 07/07/2018

Amy is a dream makeup artist! She knows how to create the exact style you want & accent your best features. She is professional and detailed. Her personality makes the experience of getting your makeup done even better. I couldn't imagine letting anyone else do my makeup on my wedding day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 19
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 20
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 21

Jasmine · Married on 06/01/2018

Amy is THE BEST makeup artist. When I was looking for someone to do my bridal makeup for my wedding in Wilmington, NC in June 2018, when a local bride recommended her. I have had a couple of sessions with her already and I cannot wait to work with her for my bridal portraits and of course my wedding day. She's very professional, detail orientated, and super friendly. I would highly recommend Amy to anyone needing a makeup artist! :)

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 22
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 23
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 24

Christina · Married on 05/12/2018

Amy is such a sweetheart! I absolutely loved working with her for both my engagement photos and my wedding day makeup! It was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 25
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 26

Makeup By Amy Kennison's reply:

Christina thank you so much! This made my day:) It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party, Best wishes to you and your new husband.
    Amy
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/22/2018

Amy did my makeup last weekend for my sister in laws wedding, and let me tell you she was amazing!! I’m very weird about people doing my makeup but she made me feel so beautiful as well as all the other bridesmaids and bride too. She took a Pinterest photo and made us look identical to what we wanted. Now I’m having Amy for my wedding in April and i can’t wait! I highly recommend Amy, i promise you can’t be disappointed!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 27

Kathryn · Married on 04/07/2018

Amy was awesome. She was so chill and relaxed. Very professional and responsive. I do not look good in a lot of makeup but she made me look awesome. Everyone loved their makeup. She is a little expensive, but 100% worth it!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Suzanne · Married on 03/31/2018

Amy is the best. Hands down. I had a make-up artist at a salon tell me they didn’t blame me for going to Amy instead of them becuase she is that amazing. What more do you need to know? Look no further!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

Amy was an absolute pleasure to work with on my wedding day! She did everything perfectly!!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Lia · Married on 11/04/2017

Amy Kennison is the best MUA there is in Wilmington. Just let her do her thing! She is so incredibly talented. As an anxious bride sitting in her chair, she made me feel so comfortable and is so down to earth. Amy will highlight your natural beauty and make your skin look flawless. She made me and my bridal party look perfect. Amy also did my makeup for my engagement photos and I am SO glad I chose to go with her because my pictures came out amazing. I could rave on and on. THANK YOU AMY!!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

Amy is AMAZING!! I am a very 'simple' girl - use minimal make-up and really just prefer a more natural look. I was worried I would look "too done up" - but that was completely unfounded! Amy did such an AMAZING job on my make-up, I seriously could not have asked for better!! I have never felt more gorgeous, and everyone (husband included!) commented on how fabulous my make-up looked! Amy was also super flexible, as I had several changes in the few weeks leading up to the wedding and she was able to accommodate the additional people with ease!

Sent on 09/30/2017
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 09/16/2017

5 Stars is not enough for Amy!! She is the absolute BEST - a true professional, very flexible/responsive, and so knowledgeable about make-up and skin care! Not only is she amazing at what she does she is such a sweetheart!! She did a incredible job of making me, my family and bridesmaids all look gorgeous, while still looking like ourselves! I have never felt more beautiful and my make-up lasted all day, night, and the next morning too! One of my bridesmaids who is soon to be a bride, took pictures and wants it replicated on her wedding day, she loved it that much!! I was so thankful to have Amy as a part of my wedding day and I promise she will be one of the best decisions for your wedding that you make!

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 32
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 33
    Makeup By Amy Kennison 34

Kim · Married on 09/02/2017

Amy is a master of the art of makeup! My daughter, the bride, was absolutely stunning, as were all the bridesmaids. She even made my old face look 10 years younger! I can’t say enough about Amy. She is very talented, professional and a kind, wonderful person to work with. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Holli · Married on 08/26/2017

Amy did my makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding and did an amazing job! I still looked like myself but the best I've ever looked! The whole bridal party from my mother to tween bridesmaids looked beautiful! She's simply the best!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Brendle · Married on 08/19/2017

Hands down, Amy is the BEST makeup artist around. She has such a gift and it shows on every client she works with. I booked Amy for my wedding at Wrightsville Manor on August 19, 2017. She truly takes the time to talk with you through the process and I could not have been more pleased with the results on my wedding day. She handled my 8 bridesmaids + my mom + me with so much grace and professionalism! If you are looking for a ROCKSTAR and a wonderful lady - book Amy for your wedding :)

Sent on 10/06/2017

MK · Married on 08/04/2017

Amy is simply a makeup genius! She was immediately recommended to me by my wedding photographer and described as the best in town. She made me feel beautiful and confident on my big day due to her professionalism, skill, and personality. She is a true artist- my face definitely felt like her blank canvas and it was so fun to let her creativity flow! I trusted her every move and the results were amazing. My friends and family were thrilled with her services and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Her natural, eye-catching style is perfect for any bride (as well as bridesmaid, maid of honor, mother of bride, mother of groom, and the list goes on!). She easily deserves 5 stars. Thank you, Amy!

Sent on 11/19/2017