154 Reviews for Makeup By Amy Kennison

Consultations (10)
Airbrush Makeup (5)
Licensed (2)
153 Makeup By Amy Kennison Reviews

Amy is amazing. There is a reason she has so many perfect reviews. She made me feel gorgeous on my wedding day and my makeup looked just as beautiful at the end of the night. My bridesmaids, mom and mother in law all were so happy were their makeup. They could not stop talking about how pretty they felt. She knows exactly what a face needs and is so kind and easy to talk with as well. She's truly the best and I wish I could have her do my makeup every day!

Photo for Makeup By Amy Kennison Review - Anna Taylor Photography
Photo for Makeup By Amy Kennison Review - Anna Taylor Photography
Profile Picture Sarah Kate, 7/20/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy is a dream makeup artist! She knows how to create the exact style you want & accent your best features. She is professional and detailed. Her personality makes the experience of getting your makeup done even better. I couldn't imagine letting anyone else do my makeup on my wedding day. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture kelli, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Licensed, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy is THE BEST makeup artist. When I was looking for someone to do my bridal makeup for my wedding in Wilmington, NC in June 2018, when a local bride recommended her. I have had a couple of sessions with her already and I cannot wait to work with her for my bridal portraits and of course my wedding day. She's very professional, detail orientated, and super friendly. I would highly recommend Amy to anyone needing a makeup artist! :)

Profile Picture Jasmine, 6/1/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy is such a sweetheart! I absolutely loved working with her for both my engagement photos and my wedding day makeup! It was absolutely perfect. I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/12/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Makeup

Amy did my makeup last weekend for my sister in laws wedding, and let me tell you she was amazing!! I’m very weird about people doing my makeup but she made me feel so beautiful as well as all the other bridesmaids and bride too. She took a Pinterest photo and made us look identical to what we wanted. Now I’m having Amy for my wedding in April and i can’t wait! I highly recommend Amy, i promise you can’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Crystal, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy was awesome. She was so chill and relaxed. Very professional and responsive. I do not look good in a lot of makeup but she made me look awesome. Everyone loved their makeup. She is a little expensive, but 100% worth it!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy is the best. Hands down. I had a make-up artist at a salon tell me they didn’t blame me for going to Amy instead of them becuase she is that amazing. What more do you need to know? Look no further!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy was an absolute pleasure to work with on my wedding day! She did everything perfectly!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy Kennison is the best MUA there is in Wilmington. Just let her do her thing! She is so incredibly talented. As an anxious bride sitting in her chair, she made me feel so comfortable and is so down to earth. Amy will highlight your natural beauty and make your skin look flawless. She made me and my bridal party look perfect. Amy also did my makeup for my engagement photos and I am SO glad I chose to go with her because my pictures came out amazing. I could rave on and on. THANK YOU AMY!!!

Profile Picture Lia, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy is AMAZING!! I am a very 'simple' girl - use minimal make-up and really just prefer a more natural look. I was worried I would look "too done up" - but that was completely unfounded! Amy did such an AMAZING job on my make-up, I seriously could not have asked for better!! I have never felt more gorgeous, and everyone (husband included!) commented on how fabulous my make-up looked! Amy was also super flexible, as I had several changes in the few weeks leading up to the wedding and she was able to accommodate the additional people with ease!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes

5 Stars is not enough for Amy!! She is the absolute BEST - a true professional, very flexible/responsive, and so knowledgeable about make-up and skin care! Not only is she amazing at what she does she is such a sweetheart!! She did a incredible job of making me, my family and bridesmaids all look gorgeous, while still looking like ourselves! I have never felt more beautiful and my make-up lasted all day, night, and the next morning too! One of my bridesmaids who is soon to be a bride, took pictures and wants it replicated on her wedding day, she loved it that much!! I was so thankful to have Amy as a part of my wedding day and I promise she will be one of the best decisions for your wedding that you make!

Photo
Profile Picture Hilary, 9/16/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Amy is a master of the art of makeup! My daughter, the bride, was absolutely stunning, as were all the bridesmaids. She even made my old face look 10 years younger! I can’t say enough about Amy. She is very talented, professional and a kind, wonderful person to work with. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy did my makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding and did an amazing job! I still looked like myself but the best I've ever looked! The whole bridal party from my mother to tween bridesmaids looked beautiful! She's simply the best!

Profile Picture Holli, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Makeup

Hands down, Amy is the BEST makeup artist around. She has such a gift and it shows on every client she works with. I booked Amy for my wedding at Wrightsville Manor on August 19, 2017. She truly takes the time to talk with you through the process and I could not have been more pleased with the results on my wedding day. She handled my 8 bridesmaids + my mom + me with so much grace and professionalism! If you are looking for a ROCKSTAR and a wonderful lady - book Amy for your wedding :)

Profile Picture Brendle, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy is simply a makeup genius! She was immediately recommended to me by my wedding photographer and described as the best in town. She made me feel beautiful and confident on my big day due to her professionalism, skill, and personality. She is a true artist- my face definitely felt like her blank canvas and it was so fun to let her creativity flow! I trusted her every move and the results were amazing. My friends and family were thrilled with her services and everyone looked absolutely stunning. Her natural, eye-catching style is perfect for any bride (as well as bridesmaid, maid of honor, mother of bride, mother of groom, and the list goes on!). She easily deserves 5 stars. Thank you, Amy!

Profile Picture MK, 8/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She did an excellent job. My makeup and eyelashes lasted all night. I have extremely oily skin and my wedding was outside in july. My makeup withstood all evening with very little shine. My makeup was flawless and I received sooooo many compliments. We had people add on for makeup after they saw what an amazing job she does. She also comes to you which is stress free for the wedding day.

Profile Picture maria, 7/17/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Makeup

Amy is fantastic!! If you’re on the fence about booking her for your wedding...do it! I didn’t have a ton of parameters for my wedding makeup, I let Amy work her magic and I’m glad I did!! I’ve never felt more beautiful! Amy is a sweetheart, I’m so thankful she was a part of my wedding day!

Profile Picture Shianne, 7/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy is the best! She is very detailed, organized and responds quickly to emails. My bridesmaids and I loved our make up and it lasted all night. Don't look anywhere else, book her!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I absolutely LOVED working with Amy! She does fantastic work and made me feel flawless on my wedding day! I could not have picked a better makeup artist for all of my wedding festivities!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Amy is the absolute BEST! Hands down the best I have ever looked in my entire life! Amy made me feel absolutely flawless and beautiful on my wedding day! She listens to what you want and then exceeds all your expectations! My makeup lasted all day and night! Thank you Amy!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/6/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amy was amazing! From the trial to the wedding day. I don't wear a lot of makeup and Amy took that into consideration when she did my makeup. I loved my wedding day makeup. She did me (the bride), bridesmaids, mothers and friends. She really exceeded everyone's expectations.

Profile Picture Cayce , 4/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Consultations, Makeup

Amy truly has a talent for making a bride look her best on her wedding day. I was looking for a makeup artist who could make me look great but still look like myself. In other words I didn't want to look like I was wearing a ton a makeup. I used Amy for my bridal portrait and wedding day and I could not have been more pleased with the results both times. She knew exactly how to adjust the make up for my bridal portrait versus my wedding day. In my opinion Amy can do natural makeup better than anyone in the area.

Profile Picture User4904461, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup

I LOVED working with Amy!!! She is fantastic!!!
From the moment I met her I knew she was an amazing person inside and out!!! Her work is the best and lasted the whole wedding!!! Can't wait to use her again!!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked Amy for my wedding day last month. She was at the venue early and was already set up and ready to go when I got there. She responded to all my emails within hours. Our makeup was flawless and I got more compliments on it than I got on my dress. She was so calm and methodical it felt like she was one of the girls. I cannot praise her work enough, she is truly an artist. Her price was reasonable and she was able to work with a variety of different skin tones and individual preferences. If she is available BOOK HER!!! You wont regret it.

Profile Picture Kristen, 3/4/17, 1 Review