Makeup Artistry by Liz Reviews

128 Reviews for Makeup Artistry by Liz

Makeup Artistry by Liz 1
Makeup Artistry by Liz 2

Katelyn · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so glad I splurged on airbrush makeup with Liz! She was able to do all of our makeup onsite at our venue which made our morning very relaxing! All of the girls and moms felt super pampered and EVERYONE was so happy with the final product. She captured everyone's beauty perfectly. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, I felt like the prettiest bride ever and it looked flawless in photos! Thanks so much Liz <3

Makeup Artistry by Liz 3

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Liz was so great to work with! She truly wants you to feel like you're a model on your wedding day! I don't wear makeup too often, so I had a lot of questions for Liz and was so easy to talk to and helped me feel really comfortable throughout the whole process. The airbrush makeup allowed me to show my freckles and I didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all.

Bethany · Married on 08/05/2018

I'm so glad I chose Liz for my wedding! From the beginning she was super quick to respond to my emails and questions. Her professionalism and skill during the trial relieved any stress I had about my wedding day look. I ended up changing my getting-ready location shortly before the wedding and Liz was so flexibly and accommodating. On the wedding day, again, she was so calm and professional...even as people crowded around to watch her work and my flower girl bounced my chair! I don't think I even knew exactly what I meant when I said "a little more... insta-glam today" lol but Liz totally nailed it. I couldn't have been happier with my look. It lasted the whole evening and my groom loved it too!! I would 100% recommend Liz to anyone looking for an amazingly skilled and professional makeup artist!

Tiffany · Married on 07/28/2018

I loved working with Liz leading up to and on my wedding day on July 28, 2018. I contacted her to inquire about the job and she got back to me immediately. She was then super flexible with setting up my trial (I live in NYC and she is in NH). The payment system she uses is simple and convenient. On the wedding day, she arrived early and was very professional and completed the job (6 bridesmaids, 1 bride) in the time limit she set! Make-up looked flawless for all and we all have different skin tones, too. Airbrush technique was well received. Would totally recommend Liz for brides in the NE area.

Dannielle · Married on 07/20/2018

Liz was awesome! She was always extremely prompt with responses, and she has a great online system where all relevant documents and payments are available for viewing. It was great to do a trial to figure out the exact look and colors I wanted for my big day, and on the actual wedding day I absolutely loved my makeup. I felt so beautiful! My makeup stayed on all night through sweat and tears, but was easily removed before bed. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend Liz!

Makeup Artistry by Liz 4

Megan · Married on 07/07/2018

Liz did an amazing job and was incredibly easy to work with. We did one trial about a month before the wedding; Liz was flexible in finding a time to meet, had a great understanding of what I was looking for and did a wonderful job on the first run through. For the wedding, Liz was timely, professional, very calm and fun to talk to, and did an incredible job. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

Liz made me look like the most beautiful version of myself. My skin looked flawless and makeup was exactly what I wanted. She also made everyone in the bridal party look their absolute best, including my grandmother who everyone kept commenting on! I felt totally at ease in Liz's hands and would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2017

Liz was fantastic from the minute I contacted her. She was quick to respond to emails (often within hours) and she was very professional/knowledgeable during the planning process- even providing recommendation for other vendors and helped with day of time-line! Don't be scared by the price- the entire experience is totally worth it, you will be so happy you chose her! I rarely wear make up, so wanted this to be special for my wedding day. The air-brush technology Liz uses and her skill led to a natural outcome, no caking/over done face. The trail put me at ease. Liz was great as she listened to my vision and then we worked together to perfect my look. I felt an instant connection with Liz as she is caring and it was obvious she loves what she does. Day of she was punctual, professional, and in good spirits (she travels to your location). She was flexible, as one of my bridesmaid's last minute wanted her make-up done. I told her of the addition 2 days prior to my big day and she graciously accommodated moving her start time up without an issue. Liz was hassle free and I never felt stressed or worried, which I feel makes the perfect vendor. Liz is worth every penny, if you are on the edge with going with her, here is your push- you won't regret it!

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

Liz was FANTASTIC to work with! She made my bridesmaids and myself look fantastic on my wedding day, and not "too made up" at all which was so important!! She was super responsive throughout the process, answered all my questions, and just a great person to be around! Highly recommend Liz!

Anjana · Married on 09/10/2017

I wrote this email to Liz after my wedding, "I cannot tell you how unbelievably happy I am that I came to you for my wedding look. I felt like a princess and you made me feel so great right from the start. I was immediately comfortable with you from the moment I met you and it just made me so stress free during the day because I trusted you entirely.
    I wept through my entire ceremony. The tears would not stop. And I'll send you some pictures to prove to you (though I'm sure you don't need proof because you know exactly what you're doing) that I still looked perfect for the rest of the evening. You're a true magician. All my girls looked absolutely splendid too and it made me so happy to see justice done to a gorgeous set of bridesmaids. They all looked wonderful and have told me repeatedly to make sure to thank you on their behalf. I believe they had their share of tears too. :)"

I would also like to add that when I had a mini scare where the stylist at the hair salon I was getting my hair done at did not show up on time, Liz took the time to find me a backup just in case I was the stylist never shows up. The fact that I called Liz as someone I could trust in my time of need and the fact that she reacted to it immediately should tell you what sort of person she is. She is awesome at what she does and just a wonderful person overall. If you're worried about the cost, don't. I would never think twice to hire Liz or recommend her to someone else. She is worth every single penny!

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

Liz was amazing to work with and did such an incredible job with all of our make up for my wedding day! The whole process was seamless start to finish. Liz's studio for trials is beautiful and easy to find. She did an incredible job with the softer, simple look I wanted for my wedding day. She and the second stylist were right on time the morning, and efficient with getting through my bridal party, but made sure to stay for touch ups. I completely agree with the other reviews - highly highly recommend Liz for your wedding day!

Meredith · Married on 07/23/2017

Liz is an extremely talented make up artist with attention to detail that is amazing! She designs a look that is natural and stunning and certainly lasts the day! I highly recommend her!

Tara · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz is absolutely amazing. I love working with her, she has a great personality and is very professional. She is also very flexible I had to add three people from the list that I had oringinally provided her and she was able to fit them all in before the wedding pictures started. Definitely use Liz for all of your make-up needs, I will definitely be a repeat customer!!

Kate · Married on 01/14/2017

Liz was one of the first vendors I booked based on the recommendation of a friend. I'm so glad I did. My make up looked flawless all night as did my bridesmaids. She's so easy to work with and worked with my to figure out exactly what I wanted.

• F

Felicia · Married on 12/30/2016

Liz is incredibly talented and made my bridesmaids and I look flawless on my wedding day. We received so many compliments throughout the night on how effortless and natural our make up looked which is exactly the look I had told Liz I was going for. My bridesmaids and I felt beautiful and confident all night which is essential on a day when all eyes and cameras are on you! I felt comfortable with Liz from our first phone call and the trial put me even more at ease. She was responsive to my numerous emails and right on time the day of (despite a good amount of snow the day before). I would never had felt so fantastic on the big day without having my make up done by Liz. I absolutely recommend her!!

Shelbie · Married on 11/05/2016

Liz was actually recommended to me by our photographers as doing great work that looked natural. Sold! Liz did my maids, my mother and my makeup for my November wedding. She did the trial for our engagement shoot and I loved it. We ended up tweaking it slightly for the actual wedding and it turned out perfectly. It was so seemless and indistinguishable from my actual skin. I also had a raging pimple on my chin and as Liz said once she was done "what pimple?" Plus it lasted all night long with absolutely no need to retouch. She's fantastic! My sister is using her this year, I would recommend her to anyone.

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2016

Liz had been used my almost all of my close girlfriends weddings so when it came time for mine she was a no brainer! Liz and her team do a phenomenal job wth makeup. Liz has great visions and recommendations while also taking feedback from her clients. I knew that on my hectic wedding day I would be in great hands.

Not only did I feel absolutely beautiful (and so did my bridesmaids) but Liz was so easy to work with. She always responded to emails quickly And got herself setup and started on the big day. She was flexible with schedules and was an absolute joy to have in the room while we were all getting ready.

I also did my makeup trial for my engagement photos and thought it was a great extra touch for our save the dates. I'd recommend Liz to anyone looking for amazing makeup for their special day!

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Liz did such a great job with my make and my bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful and natural. She was able to bring another make up artist with her, and she was great too. I highly recommend Liz!

Lyra · Married on 07/02/2016

Based on her stellar reviews, Liz was one of the first vendors I booked. She lived up to every ounce of praise she's received. She is a gem of a person and has serious chops. Check out her website to see her impressive film/ TV/ wedding experience, if you're influenced by such things. Liz has serious credentials. If you're hesitating at the price, she's worth every penny, and remember that the price covers you and four other people with no travel/ mileage fees (in the local area, anyway) to come to you on your wedding day. She is wonderful to work with and will follow your lead on what you want. If you don't know what you want, just trust her--she's a genius. I did a trial run with her (and her friend Jenursa, who did my hair and is equally awesome--see below), so we knew what I wanted in advance, but she did my brideswomen and mom cold and they all looked stunning. Book her NOW--she's in high demand, so don't wait on this one. You won't regret it!

I can't find Jenursa (hair) on here to review her separately, but if you book Liz (which you absolutely should), ask her to put you in touch with Jenursa. They work together frequently and have a great rapport, which really matters on the morning of your wedding. Liz and Jenursa are friendly and fun--and they're also super chill and laidback, which really, really helps everything go smoothly. I can't emphasize this enough. At least one person in your wedding party is going to be high energy or kind of stressed, so having chill professionals around you to balance this out really makes a difference.

Back to the fun stuff: Jenursa is absolutely amazing. She made all of us look like vintage movie stars, and our hair stayed in place all day and night (outside in July). I was complicated in that I wanted an updo for first look and long hair for the actual ceremony, and Jenursa made it easy for me to take the updo down on my own. Both styles were beautiful.

Thank you, Liz and Jenursa!

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Let me start by saying I'm not a makeup person. I decided early on that I'd let a friend do my makeup on my wedding day, but when all of our other vendors recommended Liz for makeup, I started to second guess myself. So, I reached out to Liz and after one phone call the rest was history.

She is as personable as she is talented and immediately allayed my concerns that getting my makeup done would result in me looking like a Barbie doll. Of course I wanted to look beautiful, but most importantly I wanted to look like myself. Liz gets this and excels at it. I've never felt as gorgeous as I did on my wedding day, but what I didn't appreciate until recently was the impact makeup would have on our photos. I looked more stunning in those photos than I could have imagined and my makeup was obviously at the center of this. There isn't a single photo where I look overdone, but I look fresh, glowing and decidedly myself in every one thanks to Liz.

In addition to being super talented, Liz is a dream to work with. She was hands down my responsive vendor and totally on top of everything. She did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids so we got to spend a lot of hours together on our wedding day. I can't think of someone nicer, calmer or more relaxed to have around.

Hiring Liz was one of the best decisions I made. She not only made me look beautiful for my day and my photos, but she made me feel beautiful. I got to my wedding and didn't think once about how I looked - no touching up makeup, no worries my eyeliner was running. In the end, there is so much to worry about on your wedding and it's a truly a gift to feel confident in your own skin knowing you look like the most beautiful version of yourself. And when you get your photos back, which confirm that you looked as gorgeous as you felt that's the icing on the cake! I am so thankful I hired Liz and so appreciative of what she gave me on my wedding day!!

Rebecca · Married on 06/10/2016

Liz was amazing!! She did the trial which was perfect because on the day of my wedding I knew exactly what I was going to get. There was a total of 7 of us having our makeup done and Liz went at the pace we were looking for...laid back and not rushed. She was so calming and professional. It was very important to me that I as well as the others in the bridal party looked very natural and not shiny or washed out. She nailed it!!!

Thank you Liz from the bottom of my heart for making me look beautiful.

A · Married on 06/05/2016

HIRE THIS LADY. Liz is sweet, has an artist's eye, and is a complete professional. Seriously, look no further for makeup. She and her (optional but totally worth it) assistant Karrie arrived on time, set up speedily and neatly, and then proceeded to turn out beautiful faces on each of my 8 friends and family. She absolutely nailed the look I was going for, too. Thank you, Liz. You were a pleasure to work with.

renee · Married on 11/07/2015

If you are lucky enough to have your wedding date available to Liz, book her immediately! Her work is flawless. I found her about 6 weeks before my wedding after I had a make-up trial with someone else that I didn't love. I was so lucky she had the date available because my wedding was in the off season. She accommodated a trial run very shortly after I booked her. She is reliable and so very sweet to work with but most importantly, she has perfected her craft of make-up artistry. I couldn't have been happier with how she did my make-up. My husband absolutely loved it as well. The make-up felt light and airy yet she created dramatic eyes just as I wanted. It looked flawless in photos. If I could give her 10 stars, I would. Book her now!!.....and sit back and know you are going to look stunning on your day thanks to her!

Liz was awesome! She arrived to our hotel room right on time and made everyone feel extremely relaxed. She listened to all my bridesmaids, as well as my mom and MIL and made sure they were comfortable with their make-up. She was extremely fun and did an incredible job on everyones make-up. Everyone looked and felt gorgeous!!! We are still getting tons of compliments on how our make-up looked. Definitely recommend her. She made getting ready fun and hassle-free!

Angela · Married on 10/22/2015

I knew I wanted to hire Liz even before I was engaged! Right as I started planning my wedding I emailed Liz to see if she was available for my chosen date. Honestly I probably would've changed my date if she was booked. Liz was so easy to plan with and have great trial date and time options. On the day of my wedding she was early and very good at sticking to our time line. Liz even added my sister in laws makeup to the list day of (I paid separately for her) since there was enough time to! We got married in York Maine which she was so positive about traveling to. The morning was so smooth and relaxing being able to spend time with my best friends mom and sister in law while Liz made us glow! I can't wait to see our wedding photos and am confident I'm going to love my wedding look in picture form. If you're engaged your makeup artist should be Liz Washer without a doubt!