Makeup Artistry by Liz Reviews

143 | Holyoke, MA

143 Reviews for Makeup Artistry by Liz

Ellie F. · Married on 09/06/2020

Prettiest I've Felt

Liz did an amazing job with my makeup on my wedding day. I was a COVID bride, so we didn't get to do a trial, but Liz was responsive leading up to the wedding and assured me that I would love the way I looked - and she was right! I didn't have any reason to be nervous.

I love makeup - I love watching videos and trying out things and learning new techniques, so makeup was a huge priority on my day. I didn't want to look overdone, and I wanted to make sure that when I look at my wedding photos years from now I didn't look crazy. Liz made me look like the best version of myself. My husband thought it was beautiful, and so did I. And it lasted throughout the entire night!

She also did my 60+ year old mother's makeup and made her look great, as well as some spot treatment/deshine on my husband (definitely worth it for the photos and video, he gets shiny!)

Not only did I love how it came out, but I felt safe the whole time. Her whole setup was clean, hygienic, and she had incorporated specific measures for COVID. Thanks, Liz!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen B. · Married on 04/24/2020

The very best of the best...

I will not be able to express how wonderful Liz made me feel on my wedding day. One review wouldn't be enough! I've never felt more beautiful, but I also felt I still looked like me. Liz has an extraordinary ability to bring out someone's best features and play into her own unique beauty. What a talent. Any bride is lucky to have Liz part of her day. She is a professional through and through. I had gone through so many changes and stressful postponements, but the bright spot was getting married locally and having Liz as the makeup artist. Thank you for your talent, Liz.

Sent on 09/27/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda J. · Married on 11/02/2019

Liz is incredible!!!

Liz did all the makeup for my wedding and she was just amazing. She took my vision and tailored the look to compliment my features/overall vibe. I felt so beautiful and most importantly didn’t feel like I was caked with makeup or over done. I really felt like the best version of myself. Liz was so patient doing the makeup for my nieces, who had manyyyy excited questions for her. The booking process, trial appointment and communications were straight forward. Everyone’s makeup looked incredible and stayed on the entire night. I couldn’t be happier that I booked Liz!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Day make-up for 13 bridesmaids, bride, 2 moms!

Liz and her team did an incredible job of doing the make-up for my wedding! Her calm and easy going but efficient personality helped keep the group on track and in a good headspace! She was great about arriving early to set up and being flexible with little shifts in the schedule! It was such an amazing experience to work with Liz from the trial to the day of!! She was able to give every bridesmaid the look they wanted from natural to bold!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Steph

Steph · Married on 09/21/2019

Phenomenal Makeup Artist

If you want a very natural look with a touch of glam, Liz is the makeup artist for you! Liz is very professional, easy to work with and an overall phenomenal makeup artist!

Throughout the planning process, Liz was extremely attentive; listening to my wedding vision, makeup ideas and answering any questions that I had. Her attentiveness made the experience so enjoyable. On my wedding day, there were 13 of us getting our makeup done and Liz and Crystal were unbelievable. They were fun to work with and they made my bridal party and I feel so comfortable and beautiful. They took the time to listen to what each girl wanted, and they created unique looks for everyone.

As a bride, it was very important to me that my makeup looked natural with a little extra glam and Liz did exactly that. I have never felt more beautiful and my makeup was flawless! Liz had captured the look I was going for perfectly and even through lots of tears, sweat, and dancing, at the end of the night, I still looked amazing!

If you are looking for a great makeup artist, I would jump at the chance to book her. Thank you, Liz!

• Dana

Dana · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Experience with Liz

All of my bridesmaids, family, and I were so happy with our makeup and felt so beautiful because of Liz. We had such a great time getting ready and were super impressed by the professional equipment and setup that she brought with her to our AirBnB the morning of the wedding. The airbrushing felt super light and my makeup lasted the entire day. At the trial, I was beyond impressed with her ability to look at my features and tailor the makeup to me even though I had no idea what to ask for going in. Liz is fantastic and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Genna · Married on 06/15/2019

Blown away!

So thrilled I decided to use Liz Washer for my wedding! My makeup was beautiful and natural, lasted the whole night, and made me feel like a princess. All of the women who had their makeup done LOVED their looks (and they are all family so they would be honest!). We had a last minute addition to our makeup lineup and Liz worked with me to accommodate. She made everyone feel welcome and comfortable and really took her time with each of us. I highly recommend Liz for your wedding makeup!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/07/2019

Liz amazed me!

On my wedding day I wanted to look like me, and Liz really followed through. I felt so beautiful, so me, yet more glam (if that makes sense). I don't usually do my makeup, but Liz knew exactly how to work with my tan skin tone, and knew exactly what color to make my eyes and smile pop. Liz is professional, she is accommodating, and she is so patient. I definitely recommend her!! Not only did she have to work on my large bridal party, but she also worked with many different makeup preferences. Liz completely nailed it. THANK YOU Liz from the bottom of my heart!

Julie · Married on 06/01/2019

Wish Liz could do my makeup everyday!

I cannot recommend Liz enough. Liz and her friend/ fellow makeup artist, Betsy traveled to Manchester, VT to do the makeup for myself, the MOB, MOG, and 5 bridesmaids. They arrived early, managed to transform our hotel suite into a makeup studio with lighting and director chairs, stuck to the schedule and blew everyone away with the final product. I live in NJ and never got a chance to do a trial, but Liz realized my vision and let me play around with my lip color until we found the perfect one. The airbrushing was flawless and looked just as beautiful in person as it did in pictures. Liz and Betsy were both incredibly professional, thoughtful and very easy going and brought a calming presence into the bridal suite. They managed to bring out the natural beauty of all the girls and not only did everyone love it, but our makeup lasted all night!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Anna · Married on 04/13/2019

Liz is fabulous!

I can't recommend Liz enough. She did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding. Each of our makeup looks was different, but somehow they all fit together beautifully. She is just really good at "reading" people—she managed to match each of our makeup looks to our personalities. Also, she fit in a full face of makeup for one of my relatives, and make up touch-ups for two more (none of which had been planned in advance.)

I have a number of family members in fashion and magazine design, and they were blown away by the quality of the makeup. Multiple people asked for Liz's contact info. She is a gem.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa A. · Married on 03/08/2019

Wonderful makeup artist

We loved working with Liz on our makeup. She was very patient and understanding, and did a fantastic job. My fiancee wanted especially natural/light makeup, and Liz was able to give her exactly the look that she wanted. Our photos looked fantastic. Highly, highly recommended!

Katelyn · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so glad I splurged on airbrush makeup with Liz! She was able to do all of our makeup onsite at our venue which made our morning very relaxing! All of the girls and moms felt super pampered and EVERYONE was so happy with the final product. She captured everyone's beauty perfectly. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, I felt like the prettiest bride ever and it looked flawless in photos! Thanks so much Liz <3

Sent on 10/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Liz was so great to work with! She truly wants you to feel like you're a model on your wedding day! I don't wear makeup too often, so I had a lot of questions for Liz and was so easy to talk to and helped me feel really comfortable throughout the whole process. The airbrush makeup allowed me to show my freckles and I didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Susan · Married on 08/10/2018

Highly recommend

Liz is fantastic - very talented, professional, flexible and just a pleasure to work with. She knew exactly the look I was going for and made it that much better. I looked a decade younger on my special day thanks to her magic. She also helped put me in touch with a great hair stylist and worked well with the entire team. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/28/2019

Bethany · Married on 08/05/2018

I'm so glad I chose Liz for my wedding! From the beginning she was super quick to respond to my emails and questions. Her professionalism and skill during the trial relieved any stress I had about my wedding day look. I ended up changing my getting-ready location shortly before the wedding and Liz was so flexibly and accommodating. On the wedding day, again, she was so calm and professional...even as people crowded around to watch her work and my flower girl bounced my chair! I don't think I even knew exactly what I meant when I said "a little more... insta-glam today" lol but Liz totally nailed it. I couldn't have been happier with my look. It lasted the whole evening and my groom loved it too!! I would 100% recommend Liz to anyone looking for an amazingly skilled and professional makeup artist!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Tiffany · Married on 07/28/2018

I loved working with Liz leading up to and on my wedding day on July 28, 2018. I contacted her to inquire about the job and she got back to me immediately. She was then super flexible with setting up my trial (I live in NYC and she is in NH). The payment system she uses is simple and convenient. On the wedding day, she arrived early and was very professional and completed the job (6 bridesmaids, 1 bride) in the time limit she set! Make-up looked flawless for all and we all have different skin tones, too. Airbrush technique was well received. Would totally recommend Liz for brides in the NE area.

Sent on 08/12/2018
  • Dannielle

Dannielle · Married on 07/20/2018

Liz was awesome! She was always extremely prompt with responses, and she has a great online system where all relevant documents and payments are available for viewing. It was great to do a trial to figure out the exact look and colors I wanted for my big day, and on the actual wedding day I absolutely loved my makeup. I felt so beautiful! My makeup stayed on all night through sweat and tears, but was easily removed before bed. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Megan · Married on 07/07/2018

Liz did an amazing job and was incredibly easy to work with. We did one trial about a month before the wedding; Liz was flexible in finding a time to meet, had a great understanding of what I was looking for and did a wonderful job on the first run through. For the wedding, Liz was timely, professional, very calm and fun to talk to, and did an incredible job. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

Liz made me look like the most beautiful version of myself. My skin looked flawless and makeup was exactly what I wanted. She also made everyone in the bridal party look their absolute best, including my grandmother who everyone kept commenting on! I felt totally at ease in Liz's hands and would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2017

Liz was fantastic from the minute I contacted her. She was quick to respond to emails (often within hours) and she was very professional/knowledgeable during the planning process- even providing recommendation for other vendors and helped with day of time-line! Don't be scared by the price- the entire experience is totally worth it, you will be so happy you chose her! I rarely wear make up, so wanted this to be special for my wedding day. The air-brush technology Liz uses and her skill led to a natural outcome, no caking/over done face. The trail put me at ease. Liz was great as she listened to my vision and then we worked together to perfect my look. I felt an instant connection with Liz as she is caring and it was obvious she loves what she does. Day of she was punctual, professional, and in good spirits (she travels to your location). She was flexible, as one of my bridesmaid's last minute wanted her make-up done. I told her of the addition 2 days prior to my big day and she graciously accommodated moving her start time up without an issue. Liz was hassle free and I never felt stressed or worried, which I feel makes the perfect vendor. Liz is worth every penny, if you are on the edge with going with her, here is your push- you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

Liz was FANTASTIC to work with! She made my bridesmaids and myself look fantastic on my wedding day, and not "too made up" at all which was so important!! She was super responsive throughout the process, answered all my questions, and just a great person to be around! Highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Anjana · Married on 09/10/2017

I wrote this email to Liz after my wedding, "I cannot tell you how unbelievably happy I am that I came to you for my wedding look. I felt like a princess and you made me feel so great right from the start. I was immediately comfortable with you from the moment I met you and it just made me so stress free during the day because I trusted you entirely.
    I wept through my entire ceremony. The tears would not stop. And I'll send you some pictures to prove to you (though I'm sure you don't need proof because you know exactly what you're doing) that I still looked perfect for the rest of the evening. You're a true magician. All my girls looked absolutely splendid too and it made me so happy to see justice done to a gorgeous set of bridesmaids. They all looked wonderful and have told me repeatedly to make sure to thank you on their behalf. I believe they had their share of tears too. :)"

I would also like to add that when I had a mini scare where the stylist at the hair salon I was getting my hair done at did not show up on time, Liz took the time to find me a backup just in case I was the stylist never shows up. The fact that I called Liz as someone I could trust in my time of need and the fact that she reacted to it immediately should tell you what sort of person she is. She is awesome at what she does and just a wonderful person overall. If you're worried about the cost, don't. I would never think twice to hire Liz or recommend her to someone else. She is worth every single penny!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

Liz was amazing to work with and did such an incredible job with all of our make up for my wedding day! The whole process was seamless start to finish. Liz's studio for trials is beautiful and easy to find. She did an incredible job with the softer, simple look I wanted for my wedding day. She and the second stylist were right on time the morning, and efficient with getting through my bridal party, but made sure to stay for touch ups. I completely agree with the other reviews - highly highly recommend Liz for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Meredith · Married on 07/23/2017

Liz is an extremely talented make up artist with attention to detail that is amazing! She designs a look that is natural and stunning and certainly lasts the day! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/17/2017

Professional, thoughtful, everyone looked amazing!!

I was so thrilled by my wedding make up and all of my bridesmaids LOVED theirs too! Liz is awesome! So professional, organized, and really got the look I was going for. My make up stayed on all day even in the hot August summer! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/28/2020