Makeup Artistry by Liz Reviews

Makeup Artistry by Liz 1
Makeup Artistry by Liz 2

Genna M · Married on 06/15/2019

Blown away!

So thrilled I decided to use Liz Washer for my wedding! My makeup was beautiful and natural, lasted the whole night, and made me feel like a princess. All of the women who had their makeup done LOVED their looks (and they are all family so they would be honest!). We had a last minute addition to our makeup lineup and Liz worked with me to accommodate. She made everyone feel welcome and comfortable and really took her time with each of us. I highly recommend Liz for your wedding makeup!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Julie · Married on 06/01/2019

Wish Liz could do my makeup everyday!

I cannot recommend Liz enough. Liz and her friend/ fellow makeup artist, Betsy traveled to Manchester, VT to do the makeup for myself, the MOB, MOG, and 5 bridesmaids. They arrived early, managed to transform our hotel suite into a makeup studio with lighting and director chairs, stuck to the schedule and blew everyone away with the final product. I live in NJ and never got a chance to do a trial, but Liz realized my vision and let me play around with my lip color until we found the perfect one. The airbrushing was flawless and looked just as beautiful in person as it did in pictures. Liz and Betsy were both incredibly professional, thoughtful and very easy going and brought a calming presence into the bridal suite. They managed to bring out the natural beauty of all the girls and not only did everyone love it, but our makeup lasted all night!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Anna · Married on 04/13/2019

Liz is fabulous!

I can't recommend Liz enough. She did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids at my wedding. Each of our makeup looks was different, but somehow they all fit together beautifully. She is just really good at "reading" people—she managed to match each of our makeup looks to our personalities. Also, she fit in a full face of makeup for one of my relatives, and make up touch-ups for two more (none of which had been planned in advance.)

I have a number of family members in fashion and magazine design, and they were blown away by the quality of the makeup. Multiple people asked for Liz's contact info. She is a gem.

Sent on 04/18/2019

Katelyn · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so glad I splurged on airbrush makeup with Liz! She was able to do all of our makeup onsite at our venue which made our morning very relaxing! All of the girls and moms felt super pampered and EVERYONE was so happy with the final product. She captured everyone's beauty perfectly. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, I felt like the prettiest bride ever and it looked flawless in photos! Thanks so much Liz <3

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Makeup Artistry by Liz 3

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Liz was so great to work with! She truly wants you to feel like you're a model on your wedding day! I don't wear makeup too often, so I had a lot of questions for Liz and was so easy to talk to and helped me feel really comfortable throughout the whole process. The airbrush makeup allowed me to show my freckles and I didn't feel like I was wearing makeup at all.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Susan R · Married on 08/10/2018

Highly recommend

Liz is fantastic - very talented, professional, flexible and just a pleasure to work with. She knew exactly the look I was going for and made it that much better. I looked a decade younger on my special day thanks to her magic. She also helped put me in touch with a great hair stylist and worked well with the entire team. Highly recommend.

Sent on 03/28/2019

Bethany · Married on 08/05/2018

I'm so glad I chose Liz for my wedding! From the beginning she was super quick to respond to my emails and questions. Her professionalism and skill during the trial relieved any stress I had about my wedding day look. I ended up changing my getting-ready location shortly before the wedding and Liz was so flexibly and accommodating. On the wedding day, again, she was so calm and professional...even as people crowded around to watch her work and my flower girl bounced my chair! I don't think I even knew exactly what I meant when I said "a little more... insta-glam today" lol but Liz totally nailed it. I couldn't have been happier with my look. It lasted the whole evening and my groom loved it too!! I would 100% recommend Liz to anyone looking for an amazingly skilled and professional makeup artist!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Tiffany · Married on 07/28/2018

I loved working with Liz leading up to and on my wedding day on July 28, 2018. I contacted her to inquire about the job and she got back to me immediately. She was then super flexible with setting up my trial (I live in NYC and she is in NH). The payment system she uses is simple and convenient. On the wedding day, she arrived early and was very professional and completed the job (6 bridesmaids, 1 bride) in the time limit she set! Make-up looked flawless for all and we all have different skin tones, too. Airbrush technique was well received. Would totally recommend Liz for brides in the NE area.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Dannielle · Married on 07/20/2018

Liz was awesome! She was always extremely prompt with responses, and she has a great online system where all relevant documents and payments are available for viewing. It was great to do a trial to figure out the exact look and colors I wanted for my big day, and on the actual wedding day I absolutely loved my makeup. I felt so beautiful! My makeup stayed on all night through sweat and tears, but was easily removed before bed. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Makeup Artistry by Liz 4

Megan · Married on 07/07/2018

Liz did an amazing job and was incredibly easy to work with. We did one trial about a month before the wedding; Liz was flexible in finding a time to meet, had a great understanding of what I was looking for and did a wonderful job on the first run through. For the wedding, Liz was timely, professional, very calm and fun to talk to, and did an incredible job. I would highly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

Liz made me look like the most beautiful version of myself. My skin looked flawless and makeup was exactly what I wanted. She also made everyone in the bridal party look their absolute best, including my grandmother who everyone kept commenting on! I felt totally at ease in Liz's hands and would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2017

Liz was fantastic from the minute I contacted her. She was quick to respond to emails (often within hours) and she was very professional/knowledgeable during the planning process- even providing recommendation for other vendors and helped with day of time-line! Don't be scared by the price- the entire experience is totally worth it, you will be so happy you chose her! I rarely wear make up, so wanted this to be special for my wedding day. The air-brush technology Liz uses and her skill led to a natural outcome, no caking/over done face. The trail put me at ease. Liz was great as she listened to my vision and then we worked together to perfect my look. I felt an instant connection with Liz as she is caring and it was obvious she loves what she does. Day of she was punctual, professional, and in good spirits (she travels to your location). She was flexible, as one of my bridesmaid's last minute wanted her make-up done. I told her of the addition 2 days prior to my big day and she graciously accommodated moving her start time up without an issue. Liz was hassle free and I never felt stressed or worried, which I feel makes the perfect vendor. Liz is worth every penny, if you are on the edge with going with her, here is your push- you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

Liz was FANTASTIC to work with! She made my bridesmaids and myself look fantastic on my wedding day, and not "too made up" at all which was so important!! She was super responsive throughout the process, answered all my questions, and just a great person to be around! Highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Anjana · Married on 09/10/2017

I wrote this email to Liz after my wedding, "I cannot tell you how unbelievably happy I am that I came to you for my wedding look. I felt like a princess and you made me feel so great right from the start. I was immediately comfortable with you from the moment I met you and it just made me so stress free during the day because I trusted you entirely.
    I wept through my entire ceremony. The tears would not stop. And I'll send you some pictures to prove to you (though I'm sure you don't need proof because you know exactly what you're doing) that I still looked perfect for the rest of the evening. You're a true magician. All my girls looked absolutely splendid too and it made me so happy to see justice done to a gorgeous set of bridesmaids. They all looked wonderful and have told me repeatedly to make sure to thank you on their behalf. I believe they had their share of tears too. :)"

I would also like to add that when I had a mini scare where the stylist at the hair salon I was getting my hair done at did not show up on time, Liz took the time to find me a backup just in case I was the stylist never shows up. The fact that I called Liz as someone I could trust in my time of need and the fact that she reacted to it immediately should tell you what sort of person she is. She is awesome at what she does and just a wonderful person overall. If you're worried about the cost, don't. I would never think twice to hire Liz or recommend her to someone else. She is worth every single penny!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

Liz was amazing to work with and did such an incredible job with all of our make up for my wedding day! The whole process was seamless start to finish. Liz's studio for trials is beautiful and easy to find. She did an incredible job with the softer, simple look I wanted for my wedding day. She and the second stylist were right on time the morning, and efficient with getting through my bridal party, but made sure to stay for touch ups. I completely agree with the other reviews - highly highly recommend Liz for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Meredith · Married on 07/23/2017

Liz is an extremely talented make up artist with attention to detail that is amazing! She designs a look that is natural and stunning and certainly lasts the day! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Tara · Married on 05/20/2017

Liz is absolutely amazing. I love working with her, she has a great personality and is very professional. She is also very flexible I had to add three people from the list that I had oringinally provided her and she was able to fit them all in before the wedding pictures started. Definitely use Liz for all of your make-up needs, I will definitely be a repeat customer!!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Kate · Married on 01/14/2017

Liz was one of the first vendors I booked based on the recommendation of a friend. I'm so glad I did. My make up looked flawless all night as did my bridesmaids. She's so easy to work with and worked with my to figure out exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 02/04/2017
  • F

Felicia · Married on 12/30/2016

Liz is incredibly talented and made my bridesmaids and I look flawless on my wedding day. We received so many compliments throughout the night on how effortless and natural our make up looked which is exactly the look I had told Liz I was going for. My bridesmaids and I felt beautiful and confident all night which is essential on a day when all eyes and cameras are on you! I felt comfortable with Liz from our first phone call and the trial put me even more at ease. She was responsive to my numerous emails and right on time the day of (despite a good amount of snow the day before). I would never had felt so fantastic on the big day without having my make up done by Liz. I absolutely recommend her!!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Shelbie · Married on 11/05/2016

Liz was actually recommended to me by our photographers as doing great work that looked natural. Sold! Liz did my maids, my mother and my makeup for my November wedding. She did the trial for our engagement shoot and I loved it. We ended up tweaking it slightly for the actual wedding and it turned out perfectly. It was so seemless and indistinguishable from my actual skin. I also had a raging pimple on my chin and as Liz said once she was done "what pimple?" Plus it lasted all night long with absolutely no need to retouch. She's fantastic! My sister is using her this year, I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2016

Liz had been used my almost all of my close girlfriends weddings so when it came time for mine she was a no brainer! Liz and her team do a phenomenal job wth makeup. Liz has great visions and recommendations while also taking feedback from her clients. I knew that on my hectic wedding day I would be in great hands.

Not only did I feel absolutely beautiful (and so did my bridesmaids) but Liz was so easy to work with. She always responded to emails quickly And got herself setup and started on the big day. She was flexible with schedules and was an absolute joy to have in the room while we were all getting ready.

I also did my makeup trial for my engagement photos and thought it was a great extra touch for our save the dates. I'd recommend Liz to anyone looking for amazing makeup for their special day!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Liz did such a great job with my make and my bridesmaids. Everyone looked beautiful and natural. She was able to bring another make up artist with her, and she was great too. I highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Lyra · Married on 07/02/2016

Based on her stellar reviews, Liz was one of the first vendors I booked. She lived up to every ounce of praise she's received. She is a gem of a person and has serious chops. Check out her website to see her impressive film/ TV/ wedding experience, if you're influenced by such things. Liz has serious credentials. If you're hesitating at the price, she's worth every penny, and remember that the price covers you and four other people with no travel/ mileage fees (in the local area, anyway) to come to you on your wedding day. She is wonderful to work with and will follow your lead on what you want. If you don't know what you want, just trust her--she's a genius. I did a trial run with her (and her friend Jenursa, who did my hair and is equally awesome--see below), so we knew what I wanted in advance, but she did my brideswomen and mom cold and they all looked stunning. Book her NOW--she's in high demand, so don't wait on this one. You won't regret it!

I can't find Jenursa (hair) on here to review her separately, but if you book Liz (which you absolutely should), ask her to put you in touch with Jenursa. They work together frequently and have a great rapport, which really matters on the morning of your wedding. Liz and Jenursa are friendly and fun--and they're also super chill and laidback, which really, really helps everything go smoothly. I can't emphasize this enough. At least one person in your wedding party is going to be high energy or kind of stressed, so having chill professionals around you to balance this out really makes a difference.

Back to the fun stuff: Jenursa is absolutely amazing. She made all of us look like vintage movie stars, and our hair stayed in place all day and night (outside in July). I was complicated in that I wanted an updo for first look and long hair for the actual ceremony, and Jenursa made it easy for me to take the updo down on my own. Both styles were beautiful.

Thank you, Liz and Jenursa!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Let me start by saying I'm not a makeup person. I decided early on that I'd let a friend do my makeup on my wedding day, but when all of our other vendors recommended Liz for makeup, I started to second guess myself. So, I reached out to Liz and after one phone call the rest was history.

She is as personable as she is talented and immediately allayed my concerns that getting my makeup done would result in me looking like a Barbie doll. Of course I wanted to look beautiful, but most importantly I wanted to look like myself. Liz gets this and excels at it. I've never felt as gorgeous as I did on my wedding day, but what I didn't appreciate until recently was the impact makeup would have on our photos. I looked more stunning in those photos than I could have imagined and my makeup was obviously at the center of this. There isn't a single photo where I look overdone, but I look fresh, glowing and decidedly myself in every one thanks to Liz.

In addition to being super talented, Liz is a dream to work with. She was hands down my responsive vendor and totally on top of everything. She did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids so we got to spend a lot of hours together on our wedding day. I can't think of someone nicer, calmer or more relaxed to have around.

Hiring Liz was one of the best decisions I made. She not only made me look beautiful for my day and my photos, but she made me feel beautiful. I got to my wedding and didn't think once about how I looked - no touching up makeup, no worries my eyeliner was running. In the end, there is so much to worry about on your wedding and it's a truly a gift to feel confident in your own skin knowing you look like the most beautiful version of yourself. And when you get your photos back, which confirm that you looked as gorgeous as you felt that's the icing on the cake! I am so thankful I hired Liz and so appreciative of what she gave me on my wedding day!!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Rebecca · Married on 06/10/2016

Liz was amazing!! She did the trial which was perfect because on the day of my wedding I knew exactly what I was going to get. There was a total of 7 of us having our makeup done and Liz went at the pace we were looking for...laid back and not rushed. She was so calming and professional. It was very important to me that I as well as the others in the bridal party looked very natural and not shiny or washed out. She nailed it!!!

Thank you Liz from the bottom of my heart for making me look beautiful.

Sent on 06/21/2016