Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman Reviews

172 | Falls Church, VA

172 Reviews for Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2013

I loved Alina's work on both my hair and makeup for my wedding. I wasn't at all certain what I wanted, but she was able to take my basic thoughts and make great suggestions. I felt really beautiful on the big day, and I got nothing but compliments from my family and friends! Alina was always very quick to respond when I emailed her, and I found her prices to be reasonable for the great service she provided. (Note: I posted this originally under the wrong EventWire account. Reviewing again under the correct name!)

Sent on 05/21/2013

Mary · Married on 05/04/2013

Alina was great! I was a bridesmaid in a wedding this past weekend and did not know of anyone to do hair and make up for me as well as another bridesmaid. I looked online and saw that Alina had great reviews so I contacted her and I am so happy we did! Every hair style we showed her she knew how to do. I got so many compliments on my hair as well as my make up. I did not have to touch up my makeup (or hair) once which made the wedding less stressful. I was so happy with the outcome I booked Alina for another event! I would highly recommend her and am happy that we were able to book her! She is extremely professional and knows what she is doing which put us at ease! You are in good hands with Alina!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Anne Marie · Married on 05/04/2013

Alina was amazing! I showed her various hair styles and she knew exactly what to do. All night, I was receiving compliments on how awesome my hair looked. As for my makeup, it looked beautiful and I did not have to touch it up once. I will definitely use her for any of weddings or events I may and my own wedding one day :) I have already recommend her to friends and family of mine and will continue to do so. She makes you look and feel gorgeous!

Sent on 05/08/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working with Alina for my wedding in early May 2012. We worked together all weekend for my Indian wedding festivities and she made each experience easy and extremely stress free. Always at least 10 minutes early, Alina helped me create 3 different looks (hair/makeup) to match my outfits, and I received great reviews/compliments through out the weekend. I did several makeup trials and was so impressed at my trial. We emailed back and forth for weeks regarding different looks etc, and she always responded within minutes - even my wedding coordinator commented on how great she was. She was also able to help me drape my 'dupatta' for the ceremony which was an added bonus. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/15/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Amrita, thank you for the review, it was an absolute pleasure working with you and meeting your friends and family!

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2013

Hair and make up for family of the groom

Alina was professional and prompt from the moment I emailed her to ask for pricing and availability to the moment she arrived at the hotel on our special day. She was responsive to all of our wishes. She accommodated last minute changes to the schedule with a calm and professional approach that satisfied all of our requests. Her fees were very fair and the end results were all BEAUTIFUL! She asked questions of each client and really listened to what they were saying. I strongly recommend hiring Alina to help make your special day the very best!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lisa, thank you for your kind words and wonderful review, it was a pleasure meeting you and everyone!

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2013

I hired Alina to do my make-up for my wedding last Saturday and I am so thankful that she was a part of our special day! She is easy to get along with, very professional and helped me and my family look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! I am so glad she was on my wedding team and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Jennifer, I'm glad I was a part of your very special day!

Shweta · Married on 03/24/2013

Alina did my hair and makeup for me and my bridal party. She did an excellent job with both hair and makeup.
    She was very punctual and got me ready half an hour before the ceremony. She is amazing and i would definitely recommend her to all my friends and family.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Kathleen · Married on 12/29/2012

Alina did my friend's wedding makeup and I knew I had to book her. My mom and I loved her so much that we treated the entire bridal party to a makeup session. We looked gorgeous!

Sent on 01/15/2013
  • AA

anarly · Married on 09/23/2012

Alina was awesome to work with! She made all the changes that I had asked for on the day of my wedding and it came out great!! I did a trail which went great and she was professional about everything! The make up stayed on the entire day of my wedding, from morning till late evening!

Sent on 10/19/2012
  • Jamila & Clint

Jamila & Clint · Married on 09/15/2012

Alina gave me the exact look I wanted on the day of my wedding.

Initially, when the makeup was done at the trial, the groom thought it was too much. So on the day of the wedding Alina assured me that she would tone it down. She gave be a light airbrushed makeup, because the groom wanted me to look as natural as possible. When he saw me, he said it was perfect. I felt and looked beautiful. In addition, Alina had a great personality; which made me and girls feel so comfortable. She arrived on time and worked with my budget. Thank you Alina!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you Jamila for wonderful review! I had a great time, and really glad we achieved the look that you wanted!

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2012

Alina was wonderful to work with, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending her services to anyone who needs professional makeup done.

I found her through her great reviews online, and wasn't disappointed when we set up the "trial." I was impressed by the fact she includes fake lashes in the trial and on the big day. I was debating whether or not to get Latisse, or eyelash extensions -- but Alina solved that problem! Her lash extensions (small clumps of lashes -- not the whole row) were natural looking and long lasting.

As other reviewers have noted, she listens to what brides are looking for. After our trial, I looked great in photos, but felt like I was wearing too much makeup and didn't feel like myself. We talked about this, and on the big day she struck the perfect balance -- I wasn't uncomfortable in my own skin and still looked great in photos, MUCH better than if I had done my makeup myself.

And, Alina is just a hoot to work with. She kept me and my bridal party in good spirits, it was like hanging out with a friend! Thanks, Alina!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sarah, thank you for such a warm words! I am very happy that you liked everything! It was a pleasure to meet you

Alina was great! She was very friendly and professional. She made me feel comfortable and was responsive to all of my requests. I found her prices to be very reasonable in comparison with other companies. I also found her more pleasant to deal with than the other vendors I called. I was very pleased and would certainly recommend her to others. VT

Sent on 01/05/2013

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2012

I used Alina for my June 2012 wedding. I had a bridal party of 9 girls, with two mothers and my neighbor all getting their makeup done that day (my neighbor jumped in there at the last minute, and Alina was able to accommodate her and still keep on schedule). Not only did Alina and her team complete everyone's makeup ON TIME, but everyone looked really, really beautiful once they were done. We all had different makeup tastes; one of my girls did a more romantic look where I went more modern, and Alina and her team were able to satisfy everyone's individual wants. I'd definitely recommend her for any wedding, as she made the makeup aspect of the day run as smoothly as possible.

Sent on 06/30/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2012

Alina was an absolute pleasure to work with. I had her to my wedding day makeup, and also booked a trial. During the trial, she made sure to record what products she used on me, and then emailed the pictures she had taken on her DSLR camera afterwards. I had some concerns regarding the mascara and fake eyelashes after the trial, but everything on the wedding day was perfect. She traveled out to my hotel in Leesburg to do my makeup, and it lasted the entire night (through rain & tears)!
    Wedding makeup in general is expensive, but Alina's prices are definitely reasonable for the work she does. I loved her!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • I

Elena · Married on 05/12/2012

I did my makeup trial with Alina about a month before the wedding. She did an amazing job! When I showed my mom, she thought it needed to be a little darker, since it was a night wedding. I thought about it and ON THE DAY OF MY WEDDING, I changed my mind. I went with my mom's suggestion. I talked to Alina when she arrived, and showed her the flowers, and the peacock theme. She did an even better job! The makeup was stunning, and I can't wait to see it in the pictures.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Jessica · Married on 02/25/2012

I had my trial makeup session with Alina today and she is amazing! She is very accomodating and flexible, she drives to you and brings everything with her. She asks you what look you're going for and will do a few different examples to help you decide which look you like best. The final product is gorgeous! She is truly an artist, my makeup has never looked so fantastic. Alina is worth every penny, I highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/25/2012
  • F

fozia · Married on 12/10/2011

I have done my make up on december,10,2011 with alina she is agreat profesinal make up artist. I loved my make up I was gorgeous she made me beautiful like model,everybody loved my make up. I thanks alot to alina that she made me a beautiful bride in my wedding day. Thank u so much

Sincerly fozia

Sent on 01/09/2012

Loren · Married on 10/21/2011

Alina was a joy to work with! Since I don't wear a lot of makeup normally I was worried that I would be far too overdone on my wedding day. She listened to my concerns and gave me a look that felt natural and still looked great in photos. She was courteous, punctual, and very fun to have with us on the morning of the wedding. I definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 01/05/2012
  • Mrs. S™

Sanya · Married on 10/15/2011

I love makeup and have been applying it myself for years. I also don't like most bridal makeup because it usually looks too artificial and "cakey" to me. That said, Alina did an INCREDIBLE job doing my sister, mom, maid of honor, and of course my own makeup.

From the first trial when Alina did traditional and airbrush makeup for me, I knew I found a makeup artist who understood clearly what the "best version of me" means. On the wedding day, Alina was in the hotel early, had a clear schedule of whose makeup is done when, and we were ready on time. She even stayed longer (which she really didn't have to) to help me with my headpiece, and to check the final look.

Alina was fun yet calm, and had the same effect on me. My makeup stayed intact through many hugs, dancing, and some sweat and tears. Alina not only made us all look gorgeous, but she inspired confidence in me that I did not need to stress about my makeup at all. On my wedding day, such contribution was invaluable. The combination of Alina's talent, work ethics and great personality is something I wish every bride had on her side on her wedding day.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Yekaterina · Married on 09/10/2011

Alina was a fantastic make-up artist as well as a very easy person to work with. She came all the way to Herndon to do my make-up trial, which was super gorgeous. She also came to my mother's house and did my mother's make up trial. She was willing to do the trials more than once, especially when we realized that I might need an airbrush make-up shade that she didn't have. She was willing to order it and try it, regardless of whether or not I was going to go ahead and use it. She was super patient with me on the day-of, especially when I was having issues with my lipstick (and it was me having issues, not her). She did a fantastic job. I can honestly say that every picture I have is gorgeous due to her make up and my mother looked so beautiful too. I would recommend Alina any time, she is very talented and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Diana · Married on 09/03/2011

Alina did my bridal portrait and right then, I knew I wanted to work with her for my wedding. She was on time and very professional, more than anything she was interested in how I wanted to look, so I basically told her how I wanted to look and she gave me that perfect look for the wedding. She was so good that she did my bridal party too. I would recommend her to anyone that does not want to stress about make up on your a very special day like your wedding. If I had to do this all over again, I would definitely work with her. Thanks Alina for making me and my wedding day beautiful.

Sent on 12/31/2011

Rebecca · Married on 07/30/2011

I just got married at the end of July and Alina did my makeup and my mother's makeup on the big day! I found Alina online and was impressed by her portfolio and her very reasonable pricing (especially for airbrushing!) She was easy to contact via email and always responded quickly to my questions. She came and did a trial and proved to be very professional. I appreciated her willingness to give me an expert opinion while also taking into account my preferences and normal makeup routine. On my wedding day she was really flexible and professional. She was willing to come work in the hair salon where I was getting ready with my bridesmaids and arrived early to get all set up. She did an AMAZING job with my makeup as well as my mother's makeup. We both looked wonderful for pictures and it lasted for hours...even in the July heat! I would highly recommend Alina, she was great!

Sent on 08/16/2011
  • I

Issata · Married on 07/16/2011

My makeup was done by Alina. She arrived on time and was very professional. She made me look very beautiful for my wedding day. My makeup was flawless and perfect. She transform my face from a face with acne to a spotless face. I loved it and I got alot of compliments. I will recommend her to any bride. To all future bride, if you want your makeup to be perfect for your big day, choose Alina G Karaman to do your makeup, you will not regret it. Thanks. Issata

Issata

Sent on 09/04/2011

Heather · Married on 06/04/2011

I absolutely love the job that Alina did with my makeup! I received so many compliments from others, and it came out very nicely in pictures. We did a trial prior to my wedding, but I thought that the makeup was a little too dark. I described how I wanted the makeup modified, and she nailed it on the day of the wedding. Besides being a great makeup artist, she was a lot of fun to talk to. I highly recommend her work.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Dawn · Married on 05/28/2011

Alina was amazing! From the first trial run up to my special day! She was everything and more that I could have hoped to find in a make-up artist! She really listened to what I wanted and I could not have been more pleased with the results! My make-up lasted all night and made me feel just as beautiful on the outside as I felt on the inside on that special day!

Sent on 06/01/2011