Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman Reviews

172 | Falls Church, VA

172 Reviews for Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman

Wonderful! I was impressed at how much better I looked with the make up and hair job I received! Thank you!!!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thanks a lot for reviewing us! We are glad we were a part of your special day!
  • I

Irene · Married on 02/14/2014

Alina did a fantastic job with my hair and makeup. She certainly is an artist and this was meant to be her craft. I highly recommend.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Irene, thank you for your kind words! I was happy to be a part of your very special day!

Judith · Married on 01/11/2014

THANK YOU so much Alina and to your hairstylist Natalya for making me look like a princess on our wedding day! I received so much compliments on my make up looking so natural and simple but so elegant! Thank you... you made it perfect that day! And, my hair was just perfect for the veil and the entire day/evening! I have never received so much compliments.. everything blended perfectly.. makeup, hair, and gown! THANK YOU! you made my wedding day perfect! Special thanks to Natalya too for staying to help put my wedding gown on.. she was featured in my wedding pictures as one who made it happen getting the dress on without a smudge of my make up and hair! :)

Sent on 01/25/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you for a great review, Judith, we were happy to be a part of your special day!

Alina was very professional and accommodating. We truly appreciated her service and thought she did a wonderful job!

Sent on 01/13/2014
  • User3787904 · event on: 12/31/2013

Just wonderful. Really made me look much better then I do :). She is so flexible and listens to what you are looking for. I can't wait for my next event!

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 12/07/2013

My wedding was a couple of months ago and it was planned in a matter of a couple of months. Normally women have these vendors booked months in advance but there I was freaking out less than 3 weeks to till the wedding and no one to do my hair and makeup. I did a search on I believe it was weddingwire or the knot (one of them) and found Alina almost immediately. I called her and she was available and her prices seemed better compared to others I had looked at. So I booked her and hoped for the best. I was not disappointed. I never looked better! I had an evening wedding, starting at with pictures at 4:30ish. My bridesmaids, my mom, my mother in law, and I all had our hair and makeup done. We had such a big party Alina could not do the hair and makeup by herself so she arranged for Natalya to help her. Everyone looked so BEAUTIFUL when they were done. And my new hubby was left speechless when he saw me. I would strongly recommend Alina for her services. If I ever have my makeup done again I know who I am going to!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Krista, thank you for the great review! Me and Nataliya had a great time meeting you, your friends and family! It makes us very happy that we were able to help everyone to look their best on such an important day!

Colby · event on: 12/03/2013

Alina was a complete pleasure to work with. She was consistently on time for her two days of service and proved to be flexible when our schedules changed a bit. The quality of her work was also very impressive, she understood our vision and executed well upon it. Alina's prices are also very reasonable and well-worth the knowledge and industry expertise she provides!

I would definitely consider Alina for a future corporate project, and would not hesitate to recommend her services to a friend or colleague!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Colby, it was a pleasure to work with your company, thank you for this great opportunity!

Sarah · Married on 11/15/2013

Alina and her hair stylists were amazing. I had four bridesmaids and myself to get hair and make up. Everything was on time and everyone looked amazing. The best was that Alina came out to the hotels so we didn't need to do any rushing around and could relax over a nice glass of wine. I would recommend Alina to everyone!!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sarah, thank you for your kind words, and we appreciate you leaving us a great review!

Dawn · Married on 11/10/2013

Alina was great! She is so professional and arrived early. My makeup and hair looked so good and lasted all day and night. She also did my 4 year old daughters hair...it was also beautiful. My daughter really liked her as well and even asked if she could come and do her hair again. I would definitely recommend her to anyone. She really has the sweetest personality and made me feel very comfortable.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Dawn, it was a pleasure to meet you and your beautiful daughter, thank you for letting me be the part of your special day!

Megan · Married on 10/19/2013

I found Alina (makeup) and Joy (hair) via my wedding planner and I am so glad that I did. They are both so great at what they do. They were both so easy to work with and flexible to work with me. The first time we met they came to my house and did the trial run. I loved Alina and Joy's work after she completed my look. For the wedding, Alina was prompt and was able to do my bridesmaids, mother, and myself in a professional and timely manner. We all looked awesome and was so happy that she was able to be our makeup artist. Everyone loved what she had done for us. Joy was equally as good with hair as Alina is with makeup. Joy was very flexible. She was able to meet twice so that I made sure my hair was just what I wanted. After the second hairstyle, I knew that it was the one. She, too, was prompt and professional in doing what she had to do with the time that she had. All of the ladies hair looked wonderful. There were many compliments on that day. Both were very friendly and personable. I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends that are getting married or need hair/makeup for an event. Thank you!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Megan, thanks a lot for a great review, we were glad to see and your mom and sister again, and to meet your wonderful friends! Thank you for letting us be the part of your very special day!

Ally · Married on 10/12/2013

Alina was great! We did two trials because I am indecisive and she listened to what I wanted both times! She was prompt in both responsiveness to emails and attending appointments, professonal, easy to work with, a great personality to chat with (whic, when you're crazed on your wedding day -- is important) and definitely knows her craft! I felt beautiful on my wedding day and was extremely happy with how my hair and make-up turned out - I would definitely recommend Alina to other future brides!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Ally, it was a pleasure to work at your wedding! We had a great time, and thank you for a great review!

taryn · Married on 09/28/2013

Alina did a wonderful job on my wedding day!! She arrived early as well as her team member (hair stylist) and were both very efficient in completing 3 moms, 2 bridesmaids and myself. Alina focused on what I wanted but was realistic with what would work to hold throughout the day and help position my veil. Alina chatted with us like she was one of the girls and was a great addition to the day! My mom and I got compliments all day about my hair and makeup and it lasted the entire day. I highly recommend Alina for both wedding hair and make up services!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Taryn, thanks a lot for your time for writing this great review! We were glad to be the part of your day and had great time ourselves!

Steve · Married on 09/28/2013

Alina did a wonderful job on my hair and make up. On the day of the wedding, I was still indecisive on how I wanted to do my hair. Alina stepped in and said she would decide for me, and my hair turned out beautifully. She also did my makeup, which turned out fantastic as well. I asked for something natural, but a little more... and she did a great job. She brought another stylist with her to do 3 other girl's hairs, and their hair turned out wonderful as well. Overall, she did an excellent job with hair and makeup, showed up on time and we were all very happy with the results. I would highly recommend her.

-Julie

Sent on 10/15/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Julie, thank you for kind words!

Denelle · event on: 09/27/2013

Alina is phenomenal at what she does- so incredibly talented and such a pleasure to work with. She made me look positively stunning for all three events that I booked her for. She was able to take my vision and blow it up creating an overall look according to the theme, colors and occasion.
    I was beyond thrilled with my hair and makeup, I got so many compliments on how and amazing and fresh I looked. Alina's work is fantastic and she is an absolute gem.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Denelle, thank you for the great words! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your husband, I hope to see you again when you're in the area!

Rebecca · Married on 09/21/2013

Hair and makeup turned out exactly like how my bridesmaids and I wanted it! Highly recommend Alina!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca, we are glad everyone were happy with the results!

Alina did a great job on my hair and make up! She listened to what I wanted and was able to show me different hair styles and make up techniques during the trial. I was then able to take pictures of the different looks and decide on what I like the best. The day of the wedding I was relaxed and comfortable knowing that I could just sit back and let her do her job. She also did hair for two of my bridesmaids and they looked great! They were both very happy with the results and told me that they were glad I chose Alina to do their hair.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you for the great review!

Alexis · Married on 08/24/2013

Alina was amazing I looked incredible on my wedding day! I have a little acne and it was completely covered. My expectations were more then satisfied! She is expensive but so worth every penny!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Alexis, thank you for your review!

Lais · Married on 08/10/2013

Alina found a place for my photo shot on her schedule on really short notice. Her work is amazing. I showed her the hair I wanted and she made it even better. I absolutely loved my hair. She came to my house in time. She is really profession and we have a really nice talk. My make up was also really pretty and natural. Got a lot of complements on it. I would recommended her in a heart bit!!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lais, thank you for the review, I am glad I could help you with your hair and makeup. And I look forward to see the photos in that beautiful princess dress!
  • Lola

Lola · Married on 08/02/2013

Alina G Karaman did hair for my mother, and myself (bride) for my wedding day. Everyone looked great! I had done a hair trial a month before the actual day. In general I liked my hairstyle, but by the time my wedding day come around, I decided to go for a slightly different look. I showed her a few pictures of the concept and she was able to run with it the day of the wedding! She is very talented with hair! She handled my family's requests/concerns with professionalism.

I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lola, thanks a lot for your review! I really enjoyed working at your great event, and to meet your mom, her style was amazing!

Lola · Married on 08/02/2013

I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Sula · Married on 07/06/2013

Her work was excellent.
    Her make up was perfect it was giving you the natural look.
    Easily I will recommend her to my friends.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sula, thank you for the review, it was great to meet all your family!

Mayra · Married on 06/29/2013

Alina was FANTASTIC and I and my group of ladies can not say enough good things about her. For starters I booked her to close to the date of my event and we went from 2 girls getting their make-up to 4 girls. Alina was beyond flexible and accommodated us all. Punctual, responsive and worth every penny!! I've already recommended her to someone in my office who is getting married this fall.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you for the great review, Mayra, it was a pleasure to meet you and your friends!

Stephanie Schmitt · Married on 06/29/2013

I found Alina through the Knot's vendor section and couldn't have been more happy to stumble upon her. She came to my house two months before my wedding to do a trial which I absolutely loved. It happened to be my birthday the next day and even though I know you should wash makeup off at night- it stayed perfectly, and looked great the following day.

For the day of the wedding, Alina arrived to the hotel right on time and set up. She did makeup for 3 other women in addition to myself. Everyone loved their makeup and the experience as a whole. Alina really asks you about your comfort level in how you should wear your makeup. Even with the airbrushing I had done, I still felt like I look like myself, which is of the utmost importance. She's very friendly and funny and make the experience fun. All of my family who came to the room to watch me getting ready really adored her. Would recommended 100x through and through!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Thank you for the warm words, Stephanie, I'm very happy that you and your friends and family liked the makeup; it was a pleasure to meet everyone!

I booked Alina one month before my wedding - cutting it close, I know - but she was accommodating of my schedule and prompt with her email responses. Alina took care of my hair and makeup (trial and day-of), mother of the bride hair and makeup, and makeup for my four bridesmaids. The looks were beautifully natural and the makeup did not feel heavy - a plus for a person with sensitive skin! Everyone's makeup lasted throughout much dancing at a summer wedding. Overall, I was pleased with the quality of work, Alina's professionalism and pricing.

Sent on 06/03/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/11/2013

Alina was awesome. My makeup was flawless and I have never felt so beautiful! I loved the eyelashes and air brush. My makeup held up all night. She also did my hair, which turned out better than I ever could have imagined. She is worth every penny!

Sent on 05/24/2013