Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman Reviews

172 | Falls Church, VA

172 Reviews for Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman

• Lia

Lia Salzano · Married on 08/08/2020

Couldn't have been happier!!

I hired Alina and her makeup team to do hair and makeup for me, my 7 bridesmaids, my mother, and mother in law. She was incredibly easy to work with from the very beginning. She was so flexible/helpful every time I made little changes or had questions. From my trial all the way until the end of my wedding night, there was not one single thing I did not absolutely love about her work. She is smart, kind, and she KNOWS what she is doing. I completely trusted her! My updo was exactly what I wanted. She easily incorporated my hair clip, “something borrowed” pins, and showed my mom how to put in and take out my long veil. My hair is usually super frizzy, but there was not a single strand out of place all day! I also LOVE the makeup she used and ended up buying a lot of it for myself. It’s all really great quality and she matches the colors perfectly. I had never worn fake lashes before, and she put them on so easily and they stayed perfectly all day. She made me feel so comfortable, beautiful and confident! Alina and her team worked really well with my bridesmaids, and stayed exactly on schedule. They dealt with personal concerns, issues, or requests from the girls the day of without a flinch. They were all incredibly professional. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2020

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Lia, thank you for this wonderful review! At a time we are now (quarantine) it was a breath of fresh air to work with you and your party, we are very happy this actually happened!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Andersen · Married on 08/01/2020

Covid wedding

Alina did a beautiful job! She is very talented and easy to work with. We had a small wedding due to COVID, but she was willing to come to do just bridal hair and makeup. She was kind enough to style my mom's hair at the last minute as well. 100% recommend her!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Stephanie, thank you for kind words, means a lot to me, it was my pleasure to work with you! Thank you for sharing the photos here!
  • Megan

Megan Ullrich · Married on 07/09/2020

Great experience with Alina!

Alina did hair and make up for my wedding (bride and three others). She was professional, prompt, and easy to work with. We were all happy with how our hair and make up looked and it showed really well in pictures.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Megan, thank you for your kind words! It was great time being a part of your special day! Hope to see the photos soon!
  • Sara

Sara Jameson · Married on 06/20/2020

I felt totally myself - and totally beautiful!

Alina was amazing to work with. She did a wonderful job getting to know my sense of style and worked beautifully to capture the subtle, romantic, natural look I wanted for my wedding. The makeup was flawless and I felt totally myself. My hair is really thin, and Alina did a beautiful job giving it body and elegance. She incorporated my halo in a really creative way, adding her own professional advice and sense of flair. She was so personable and fun to work with. She was also really honest and would tell you if something might be a good idea or not. She, in turn, was also happy to receive feedback and make adjustments as necessary. I trusted her completely and everything turned out beautifully! I cannot thank her enough for helping to make our wedding so wonderful!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Sara, thank you for your kind words, I appreciate the feedback, and happy you loved everything we did!

Caroline Johnson · Married on 12/07/2019

Fantastic!

I used Alina for my wedding in December, and she was great! We had 10 people (myself, 6 bridesmaids, 3 moms) getting both hair and makeup done. Alina brought 2 helpers and efficiently ran through the whole group of us - getting us all done in about 3.5 hours. We started the hair and makeup routine around 8am, took pictures in the afternoon, the wedding started at 6pm, and after-party lasted until about 3am, and everyone’s hair and makeup stayed looking fresh the whole night! My girls kept commenting about how they loved both their hair and makeup - I was actually kind of sad when I had to take it off/out. I did a trial with Alina earlier in the year and sent her detailed comments back about what I wanted changed (shift from more natural to “glam”), and she easily adapted it for the wedding. Pricing is a little expensive (alas, everything in DC is), but you get what you pay for, and you definitely don’t want to skimp on hair and makeup for the most photographed day of your life. I will definitely use her again in the future for anything that warrants a professional makeup job!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Caroline, thank you for this a wonderful and super detailed review and including photos! I am really thankful you took your time for this, this is a rare full review, I am very happy everything we did you loved! Thanks again!
  • Staciellyn

Staciellyn Chapman · Married on 11/16/2019

Great experience

After having a great trial run with Alina, I hired her for my wedding. She is efficient, quick, and does an amazing job of translating what you want into real life. I particularly enjoyed her commitment to ensuring I wouldn't look unnatural by asking detailed questions about my makeup usage.

On the big day, I had two bridesmaids unexpectedly request to have their hair done and while it did put us into a slight time crunch, Alina and team worked magic to get it all done! I would highly recommend Alina if you are looking for quality hair and makeup!

Sent on 05/05/2020

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Staci, thank you for your great review, I'm happy everything went well! We enjoyed working with you guys!
  • Liz

Liz Friscino · Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful Hair & Makeup

I contacted Alina very last minute for a trial run a weekend my mom was in town before the wedding. Alina was extremely accommodating and after a few emails back and forth was able to coordinate a trial for both hair and makeup.

Rita was our main point person and she did both my trial, as well as my hair and makeup day off. Rita was fantastic! I had a few pictures for my hair, but nothing for makeup and she was able to create a look that was both glamorous and me - it was important to me that I still looked like "me" and Rita did not disappoint.

Alina coordinated a team that did full hair/makeup for my 3 bridesmaids and flower girl - everyone looked stunning and we were all finished on time. PLUS, they come to you, which I struggled to find in this area.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Liz, I'm very happy everything went well, it was a pleasure communicating with you and thank you for sharing photos! I will let Rita know about the wonderful review you left!
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing hair and makeup!

For my wedding, Alina and her team did a beautiful job on the hair and makeup for myself, 6 bridesmaids, and my husband's mother and grandmother. They were on time and very accommodating. They did complicated updos quickly and efficiently and they looked stunning. The make up looked fabulous and they used multiple piece eyelashes which look and feel more natural. Alina worked with me in the weeks and months leading up to the wedding to give me recommendations on what hair extensions and hair accessories would work. She made me feel very comfortable and I'm beyond ecstatic with how everything turned out.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Tara, thank you for your great review, my team was happy to work with you guys, myself included! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your very special day!

Kimberly · Married on 10/05/2019

Great experience with Alina!

I was extremely pleased with my wedding hair and makeup by Alina! Alina communicated with me often before our wedding day. The morning of the wedding, she and her team were on time, organized, and efficient as they did hair and makeup for our large group of 11! Thank you Alina and team!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Kim, thank you for putting kind words about us, we were happy to be apart of your day! Thank you for attaching photos too!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/05/2019

Great experience!

Working with Alina was great! She answered all of my emails within a day (usually the same day) and was very flexible and patient as I switched the number of people getting hair and makeup done multiple times. I ended up having Viktoriya do hair and make up for me, my mom, and MIL, and everyone loved their look! I really appreciate that she took her time and stayed calm all day despite the relative chaos going on around her. It was so nice to have a few relaxing hours getting my hair and makeup done before all the wedding day craziness started. She also did an amazing job recreating the trial look but with slight variations since I was less tan on my wedding day than during the trial which was amazing. Overall I had a great experience with Alina and Viktoriya and would recommend them to other brides!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Elizabeth, thank you for your kind words about our work, I'm glad everything went smooth and you enjoyed it!

James Dabbs · Married on 10/05/2019

Great experience!

Alina was incredibly responsive and helpful with hair and makeup services for my wedding. She was flexible with the number of people getting hair and makeup done - even with a last minute change a couple weeks before the wedding! Zhanna was the stylist we worked with on my wedding day, and she was wonderful! She arrived early and stayed a little late to make sure everyone had what they needed. Would definitely recommend, and would absolutely work with Alina and her team again!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Rachel, I'm glad everything went well and you were pleased with Zhanna's work and overall experience working with us! Thank you for great review, I really appreciate your time!

Gabby · Married on 09/28/2019

Loved my wedding day hair and makeup by Alina!

Alina was great to work with while I was planning my wedding out of state. She was extremely responsive and flexible, and I absolutely love how my hair and makeup came out! My wedding day hair ended up being a little different than the trial and I loved it even more. My makeup was natural as I had asked and looked great all night! My mom decided on the day-of that she wanted to get her makeup done, and Alina totally rolled with it. One of my bridesmaids also has sensitive skin and brought her own makeup, and Alina did such a fantastic job on her makeup that we were all in shock that you could get a look like that with over-the-counter makeup. I also loved getting ready with Alina and her assistant on the day of. They were professional but also hilarious and friendly as we were all getting ready. My bridesmaids looked amazing and I couldn't be happier with how everything came out. Alina is truly a pro - would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Gabby, thank you for your wonderful review, I am very happy we were able to accommodate sensitive skin situation as well!
  • Emily

Emily Olmsted · Married on 08/31/2019

Beautiful artistry!

Alina had amazing reviews on the knot and she 100% lived up to them! Alina made me look and feel like an absolute gorgeous goddess on my wedding day! She worked with me and all the women in my family to make us both look and feel stunning. She took the time to listen to my mom's specific requests and worked with her until she was happy. She was patient and worked with all of us until we were as beautiful on the outside as the inside. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Emily, thank you for kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm happy we were a part of your very special day! Thank you for this great photo here!

Somer Conley · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful wedding hair & makeup

After lots of searching and recommendations I decided to go with Alina's team for my wedding hair and makeup, and I'm thrilled I did! Alina is extremely responsive, attentive and flexible. There are so many vendors to deal with, all with their own timelines, not to mention we were getting married about two hours away from DC, and Alina made this process so easy and found a perfect team for my big day. I think I finally found a person who is more organized than I am :) Zhanna came by my house in DC for the trial, and then made the journey over for the wedding. My hair and makeup were perfect! It was natural but still a little bit of elegance. Absolutely loved working with you guys. I also had a diverse group of girls with various skin tones and hair colors/styles and everyone looked beautiful. You took awesome care of my bridesmaids and flower girls. Thanks for making my big day great!!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Somer, thank you for such a great review, we were happy working with you, thank you for a compliment about being organized, this is a very important part of our work!
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Drucker · Married on 03/01/2019

100% positive experience

It was a pleasure working with Alina. I loved both my hair and makeup. My appointment was at noon and everything looked fresh through sleet, rain, high winds and an overheated restaurant. Other than a little lipstick, no touch ups were required for 10+ hours! I highly recommend Alina!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Alexi, it was a pleasure working with you and great start to open weddings 2019 season! Thank you for your kind review!

Margee · Married on 09/29/2018

I used one of Alina's master stylists (Rita) for my bridal hair and make up. Rita did an excellent job in putting my hair up the way I had requested. I don't typically wear much make up, and she did a great job with a natural look that still translated well to pictures. Alina was super responsive in scheduling the trial and the wedding, and she followed up throughout the process. I would highly recommend their work.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Margee, thank you for a great review! I'm glad we were able to work with you and make you even more beautiful on such an important day!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Alina sent Rita who was so great, on time, very professional and easy to work with. Very happy bride here!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Amanda, I'm happy you liked the work of our team! It was a pleasure to work with you!

Mary · Married on 09/01/2018

Alina was very easy to work with. I called her very last minute and she was able to organize a makeup artist to come and do the trial. Zhanna was our makeup artist, and she was professional, kind and attentive to preferences. Thank you Alina, highly recommend!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

It was great working with you, I'm glad we were able to help you!

Ruby · Married on 05/25/2018

Alina is just super great to work with. I made a lot of changes because I'm just so indecisive lol. But she was always super flexible as well as patient during our communication.
    One of her stylist did my bridal makeup and hair and I LOVED it! Just so natural like I wanted. The stylist was very nice, miticulous, and professional.
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Ruby, it was an absolute pleasure working with you, thank you for your kind words!

Hayley · Married on 12/01/2017

This review is for bridal makeup trial:
    I contacted Alina with an extremely short timeline after an unsuccessful trial with another company. Alina answered my email straight away and we worked out a trial time. Before Alina showed up I lost hope in looking good on my wedding day: all the beautiful bridal pictures online? they're natural beauties, and I can never look like that.
    Alina showed up on our trial day and we immediately started working together. She took in my preferences for make up: keeping everything natural and fresh, and did a wonderful wonderful job. She used all top quality products, and did not cause any irritation to my super sensitive skin. I am Asian, with hooded eyelids. Alina is the first make up artist I have ever had who customized make up to my facial structure. The eye cream she applied even brought my super puffy allergy eyes down! what more can i say?
    And hair, I have extremely short hair. Before the trial I even thought about just keeping them as it is. I showed Alina a couple pictures, but not exactly sure whether or not they could be done on my hair. However she went above and beyond. I could not believe that was my own head.
    Both my make up and hair held up extremely well, and I received tons of compliments. Thank you, Alina, for helping me regaining hope for my wedding day. I cannot wait for my big day :)

Sent on 11/15/2017

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Hayley, thank you for your great review, before the wedding! I'm happy we were able to find the style for you that you liked, and look forward to see you soon on your wedding day! Thank you for posting this photo from the trial, I love it!

Ann · Married on 11/04/2017

I would highly recommend Alina Karaman for any of your hair and makeup needs! My daughter and I had our makeup and hair done by her for my daughters wedding. We both had pictures of what we wanted, and she did that, exactly. She is professional, friendly, on time and is excellent at what she does. She is extremely talented and anyone should be pleased with her services! Also, we had an evening wedding, I slept in my makeup and lashes and it still looked good the next day!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Ann, thank you for a great review, I was happy to be a part of your daughter's day, looking forward to see photos of this amazing event!

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

Alina did hair and makeup for me and my mom for my wedding, and she did the most AMAZING job! Before the wedding, Alina came to my home for the hair and makeup trial. After talking with her about my vision and showing her inspiration photos, she created my dream wedding look which she also replicated for my wedding day! The hair and makeup looked beautiful, was comfortable, and lasted all day. Alina also has a lot of professionalism in that she is very friendly with her clients, is on time, and completes the looks in the time allotted with ease and perfection. Thank you for making me feel so special on my wedding day, Alina!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Norma · Married on 10/28/2017

I am the mother of the groom and decided to hire Alina Karaman for all the women in the wedding party for makeup and hair. Alina and her staff were prompt, efficient, and gave us all beautiful makeup and hair-doos for the wedding. The bride looked stunning with flawless airbrushed makeup, a beautiful up-doo that was breathtaking. She looked and most importantly, felt like a princess. Alina and her staff kept to the scheduled timeline and we were right on time for our pictures. I would hire her and her staff again. Thanks for a beautiful wedding doos and makeup Alina!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Norma, thanks a lot for this wonderful review, and for this amazing photo! We loved working with your party and had a great time, thank you for letting us be a part of Kayla's very special day!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

I typically do not write reviews (no, seriously, I don't!) but Alina and her team are absolutely fabulous! Alina was nothing but accommodating which took a lot of pressure off with all the other planning I had to tackle for the wedding. Our wedding was DIY so everything from explaining services, pricing, coordinating the trial and creating a color coded agenda for hair and makeup for 6 people reduced my stress level immensely! Not only was she flexible and organized, she, as well as her team, completed 6 hair and makeup services at a high quality of work. All the ladies that received hair and makeup couldn't stop talking about how fabulous they looked and felt, and the only person that received a trial was me. That says a lot about the experience and knowledge Alina and her team had to make everyone look and feel beautiful on-the-spot (and they work quickly and effeciently!). I can't say enough good things and strongly recommend Alina and her team to any bride exploring hair and makeup services for their big day!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Makeup and Hair by Alina Karaman's reply:

Jessica, thank you for kind words, we are thrilled you loved everything, I'm happy we were a good help to make your day unforgettable!