Makeovers by Ligia Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Laura H. Married on 11/13/2021

Absolutely Amazing

Ligia and her partner were absolutely amazing makeup artists for myself, my eight bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. Our wedding took place November 13, 2021 in Danvers, MA. From the make-up trial to the day of the wedding, she was a seamless partner to work with. I LOVED my makeup, as did my fairly conservative (and very nervous to have professional makeup) mother! I am so, so grateful to have found Ligia, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking in the greater Boston area.
    Petal O. Married on 10/22/2021

Makeovers by Ligia

Excellent make up artist! Ligia helped make my day truly beautiful and enjoyable. I loved my make up. She’s professional, talented and a joy to be around. Thank you Ligia❤️ I’m so happy I found you!
    Jamie L. Married on 10/03/2021

Best makeup artist in boston!

Ligia is an extraordinary makeup artist!! From start to finish, Ligia is a true professional. She knew the look I was going for and made all my wedding dreams come true. Since my husband and I had a small wedding, our wedding party was very small. I had one maid of honor, and my husband had his best man. Ligia suggested that I have the true GLAM experience and encouraged me to have my mother, mother-in-law, maid of honor, sister-in-law's, and cousin get all their makeup done up with me. It truly made that experience memorable. Without a doubt., One of the best decisions that I made for my wedding was having Ligia do my makeup.
    Greicy S. Married on 09/17/2021

Ligia is a true professional and artist!

I had a wonderful experience working with Ligia on my wedding day. My makeup looked great! Ligia is very talented, professional and fun to be around. I highly recommend her!
  • Kawinthi
    Kawinthi F. Married on 07/24/2021

Extremely Talented Make Up Artist!

Ligia was an absolute rockstar! We had 13 women getting ready together, of all different skin tones, and she made every last one of us look like a perfect model. She is incredibly knowledgeable about products for different types of skin, and what will photograph best for long wedding days. She is also so fun to work with, and very professional! My bridesmaids are STILL talking about how flawless they looked all night, thanks to Ligia!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 07/11/2021

Amazing service, friendly and flexible!

Ligia was so wonderfully kind and super flexible for my wedding day when I wanted to sleep in just a little longer. She provided makeup services for myself, mom, sister and friend, taking care to make sure that everyone felt comfortable as my mom had never had her makeup done before and was nervous about the false lashes. The makeup was well done on all of us and didn't budge all day in the hot and humid weather, through rain or tears! Ligia is kind, professional and her attention to detail made me and my family feel relaxed throughout the process.
  • Jackie
    Jackie N. Married on 07/08/2021

Amazing, just amazing!

Ligia was phenomenal to work with and listened to every word I said while also guiding me since I had no knowledge of make up. My family and friends loved working with her and we would highly recommend her!!!! Thank you Ligia for making me and look ABSOLUTELY STUNNING for my wedding day!
  • Emma
    Emma C. Married on 06/27/2021

Made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day

Ligia was great to work with and I was so happy with my make up! I really trusted her to give me the exact look I wanted for my wedding day, which was classic and beautiful, but also so I still looked like myself. She nailed it! It was 90 degrees on my wedding day and despite the heat and sweat, my makeup held up so well for the entire wedding! I had a somewhat diverse wedding party and she made everyone of varying skin tones look great!
  • Lexy
    Lexy B. Married on 06/05/2021

Go With Ligia!!!

I cannot thank Ligia enough for her above and beyond talent. I don’t wear makeup in every day life so I was a little self conscious prior to the trial. All of that went away once Ligia showed me the mirror, I couldn’t believe it! She’s a beautiful person inside and out, who helped me feel incredibly beautiful and confident the day of my wedding. She also did the bridal party and everyone came out looking like a movie star, but it wasn’t too much or not enough, everything was perfect!
  • Courtney
    Courtney B. Married on 05/11/2021

Ligia Helps Wedding Dreams Come True!

I had a very small and intimate city hall wedding but I wanted everything to be perfect for my day. Working with Ligia was wonderful; she is highly professional and knows what she is doing. She was patient and listened to my desires and her work was flawless. The pictures of me in the first hour before my wedding look just as good as the pictures hours later when we were at dinner after the ceremony. I also valued that Ligia knows how to work well with different skin colors and tones.
  • Yasmine
    Yasmine B. Married on 04/24/2021

Beautiful makeup

Ligia is so friendly and professional! Everyone’s makeup looked gorgeous! Even with all the blinking I did, my eyes came out great, she is so patient! I loved how lightweight the makeup felt and how gentle Ligia was! I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! I would definitely recommend her!
  • Maiah
    Maiah J. Married on 12/09/2020

Thank you for making me feel beautiful.

My husband and I had to cancel our wedding plans because of Covid-19. We were heartbroken, and made the last-minute decision to keep our original date and have a very small and semi-secret wedding in my parents' backyard. I am so thankful that Ligia was available on my date. I was always slow to respond (because hello, we are living in a pandemic lol) but Ligia was very sweet in her follow ups to make sure we were aligned and everything was perfect (which it was).

I don't wear makeup at all and was so nervous to have a face full of it on our wedding day. She played good music and our conversation helped me relax before walking down the aisle, which was so needed. I loved how I looked! The way she hand mixed my makeup to match my tones was so impressive! She's a true artist. But I really loved how she made me feel - absolutely radiant. Like a slightly elevated version of myself, which is exactly what I asked her for.

Katherin L. Married on 11/08/2020

Ligia is incredibly Talented!

Ligia is an extraordinary makeup artist. Ligia did a fantastic job doing my wedding makeup. Besides, Ligia being so talented she is so fun to work with. She made me feel comfortable and took my ideas and brought them to another level. All my bridesmaids loved their makeup. She is amazing and will make you look beautiful. One of the best decisions that I made for my wedding was having Ligia do my makeup.
  • Kida
    Kida E. Married on 10/30/2020

She’s Wonderful!

Ligia is wonderful, and did such an amazing job. I found Ligia on WW because I was looking for a MUA in our area familiar with a wide range of skin tones—I am mixed, my mother is pale white, and my bridesmaids ranged from pale to olive tones. I personally have had more than my fair share of MUAs saying they didn’t “have my shade of foundation.” Everyone’s makeup turned our beautifully for the big day! Best of all, Ligia is funny, personable, and has a ton of great ideas—we all had a blast talking to her as we were getting ready in the bridal suite. She’s prompt, efficient, and genuinely amazing at what she does.
    Brittany M. Married on 10/03/2020

Fantastic!

Ligia is fantastic!! Myself and all of my bridesmaids looked amazing. She is so professional and easy to talk to. Our makeup stayed in place all night. I cannot say enough about how great everyone looked. Definitely recommend her!
    A. R. S. Married on 07/17/2020

Look No Further, Makeup Artist Found!

Ligia was an absolute delight! After a makeup artist kept cancelling on me, I found her 2 weeks before my wedding. Despite being in the middle of a move, Ligia made time to meet with me for a bridal consultation. I was so pleased with her work at the consultation, I cancelled my back up appointment with another artist. She is a great listener and works with you to make sure you feel secure, gorgeous, and you achieve your intended look! She is very talented, and I highly recommend her services. You will not regret it!
    Carolyn A. Married on 07/04/2020

Simply the BEST!

Ligia, responded to me quickly. I contacted her less than 2 weeks before my out of state wedding. She also called me immediately upon request. I love that she listened to who I was and what I needed and wanted. I sent her photos of myself and my wedding dress.
    She made my wedding! Seriously. When a bride looks her best she feels her best! Her application of makeup was so professional and personal, not a one size fits all! Her lovely, relaxed personality, calmed my nerves. And she explained some of her choices during the application, bringing me more confidence and comfort. I have never felt so beautiful, yet myself. She went out of her way to accommodate me. Ligia is who you want and need for your big day! She is like your best friend who is skilled at makeup coming to serve you on your wedding day. If 10 stars is possible that would be my rating! PS, We are opposite ethnicities and her talent and skill knows what to do. She is also a true beauty !
    Judi M. Married on 09/22/2019

Liguria was very professional, prompt and responsive.

Ligia was the best of the best. Extremely professional. She did an amazing job on my daughter, maid of honor and myself.
    Her technique’s are flawless.
    Love her!
    Kimberly F. Married on 06/23/2019

Everyone Loved Ligia!!!

Ligia was wonderful! She followed up with me from start to finish. I found her through WeddingWire and saw the work that she had done in the past. They were all beautiful. I was planning for my daughter's wedding in Boston and found that she had great reviews. She lived up to them all. She is professional and very talented. The bridal party told me that she also shared wonderful tips with them that was very helpful. She did the makeup for the bridal party and the bride and they all received many compliments. We were all more than pleased with her work. In addition she is just a warm and nice lady that aims to please her clients. I would recommend her to anyone!!
  • Michelle Allen
    Yvette Married on 05/24/2019

Very Happy

Ligia is amazing! She was referred to me by one of my bridesmaids. Ligia provided make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. She made me look and feel so gorgeous!
    She has a wonderful eye for color, and respectfully listens to your requests.

Before my trial Ligia was very responsive and even asked for some photos to gave her an idea of my wedding inspiration. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless. I would
    highly recommend her, she’s worth every penny!!
    Emily Married on 05/17/2019

Fantastic Experience!

I had a fantastic experience working Ligia for my wedding this May! On the day of the wedding I felt absolutely beautiful and the make up lasted ALL NIGHT. It looked amazing in person and in photographs. I do not wear a lot of make up in my day to day life, so I was nervous about not looking like myself, but I didn't need to worry because Ligia was fantastic at putting me at ease and created a look for me that made me feel beautiful. And I loved what she did for my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law. They were all very happy with how their makeup turned out. Also, prior to the wedding Ligia was great at communicating, if I had a question she always responded within a day or two. During the makeup trial she explained everything she was doing and checked in often to make sure I liked the results. In terms of cost, I felt like she was very reasonable, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. I would absolutely recommend her to any bride!
  • Julie
    Julie M. Married on 08/31/2018

Talented and Amazing!

I have never felt more beautiful the day of my wedding and I have Ligia to thank for feeling that way. She is an extremely talented make up artist. One of my gifts for my bridesmaids was paying for their make up. All my girls loved their make up and said they all felt amazing. My maid of honor is not a make up person at all, but she loved the way she looked and was comfortable with Ligia. I cannot thank you enough for making my girls and I feel extremely beautiful.
    Mclaura Married on 08/03/2018
    I don’t know where to start. I was looking for a makeup artist that is familiar with darker complexion for my wedding. I looked for days and found nothing, until I came across Ligia’s page. I was shocked to read her reviews and found not one bad review on her page, I can see why now. Ligia is hands down one of the best makeup artist that’s ever done my makeup. She is a life saver, in so many ways. My bridesmaids makeup were amazing they were obsessed with their make up. My bridal makeup was better then the trial on the day of the wedding. Thank you so much for everything. I would recommend her to anyone looking to look amazing on their wedding day. You absolutely not go wrong with Ligia.
    Natalie Married on 08/27/2016
    Ligia is a true professional and knows her stuff. She did an AMAZING job with the makeup for myself and all my bridesmaids and they all looked beautiful. Makeup lasted all night even though we had the ceremony in a church with no AC. At 11pm when the reception ended my makeup was still going strong and the best part is we all looked like ourselves; nothing overdone. I can't say enough about the great work she did. She is also really pleasant to work with and listens to any concerns and incorporates your suggestions. I absolutely recommend her without any reservations for anyone needing professional makeup for a special event. Thanks a million Ligia!