Makeovers by Ligia Reviews

67 | Somerville, MA

67 Reviews for Makeovers by Ligia

Judi Moccia · Getting married on 09/22/2019

Liguria was very professional, prompt and responsive.

Ligia was the best of the best. Extremely professional. She did an amazing job on my daughter, maid of honor and myself.
    Her technique’s are flawless.
    Love her!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Kimberly Fields · Married on 06/23/2019

Everyone Loved Ligia!!!

Ligia was wonderful! She followed up with me from start to finish. I found her through WeddingWire and saw the work that she had done in the past. They were all beautiful. I was planning for my daughter's wedding in Boston and found that she had great reviews. She lived up to them all. She is professional and very talented. The bridal party told me that she also shared wonderful tips with them that was very helpful. She did the makeup for the bridal party and the bride and they all received many compliments. We were all more than pleased with her work. In addition she is just a warm and nice lady that aims to please her clients. I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Yvette · Married on 05/24/2019

Very Happy

Ligia is amazing! She was referred to me by one of my bridesmaids. Ligia provided make-up for myself, my bridesmaids, and my mother/mother-in-law. She made me look and feel so gorgeous!
    She has a wonderful eye for color, and respectfully listens to your requests.

Before my trial Ligia was very responsive and even asked for some photos to gave her an idea of my wedding inspiration. At my trial, she gave me a look that was flawless and timeless. I would
    highly recommend her, she’s worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Emily S · Married on 05/17/2019

Fantastic Experience!

I had a fantastic experience working Ligia for my wedding this May! On the day of the wedding I felt absolutely beautiful and the make up lasted ALL NIGHT. It looked amazing in person and in photographs. I do not wear a lot of make up in my day to day life, so I was nervous about not looking like myself, but I didn't need to worry because Ligia was fantastic at putting me at ease and created a look for me that made me feel beautiful. And I loved what she did for my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law. They were all very happy with how their makeup turned out. Also, prior to the wedding Ligia was great at communicating, if I had a question she always responded within a day or two. During the makeup trial she explained everything she was doing and checked in often to make sure I liked the results. In terms of cost, I felt like she was very reasonable, I definitely feel like I got my money's worth. I would absolutely recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Julie

Julie Mazza · Married on 08/31/2018

Talented and Amazing!

I have never felt more beautiful the day of my wedding and I have Ligia to thank for feeling that way. She is an extremely talented make up artist. One of my gifts for my bridesmaids was paying for their make up. All my girls loved their make up and said they all felt amazing. My maid of honor is not a make up person at all, but she loved the way she looked and was comfortable with Ligia. I cannot thank you enough for making my girls and I feel extremely beautiful.

Sent on 03/15/2019

Natalie · Married on 08/27/2016

Ligia is a true professional and knows her stuff. She did an AMAZING job with the makeup for myself and all my bridesmaids and they all looked beautiful. Makeup lasted all night even though we had the ceremony in a church with no AC. At 11pm when the reception ended my makeup was still going strong and the best part is we all looked like ourselves; nothing overdone. I can't say enough about the great work she did. She is also really pleasant to work with and listens to any concerns and incorporates your suggestions. I absolutely recommend her without any reservations for anyone needing professional makeup for a special event. Thanks a million Ligia!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Erika · Married on 08/07/2016

I'm a big fan of Ligia's! I originally chose her because I am mixed and my mother has very dark black skin. I wanted someone who wouldn't make her look like a clown. We had a makeup trial and I was so impressed with how she made me look. I don't normally wear makeup so I told her that I didn't want anything too heavy. She made me look beautiful in the trial and I was confident about the big day. I looked even better on my wedding day and so did all my bridesmaids and my mother and mother in law. My mother looked beautiful and the makeup wasn't too much. I would absolutely recommend Ligia to any bride.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Susana · Married on 04/30/2016

As someone who doesn't wear much makeup, Ligia explained the process and exactly what she was doing to make me comfortable. On the wedding day she really listened to what the bridal party wanted for their makeup and made our faces her canvas. She was very professional and responsive. I would recommend Ligia without hesitation.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Ashlyn · Married on 04/23/2016

Ligia was amazing , she was very professional gave us pre-wedding advice, always responded quickly to our questions and made everyone feel so special and the bride's make up was priceless. We wanted to take her home with us so that she could do our make up daily. Our hair stylist is still talking about her work just amazing!!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

I have never looked as beautiful or felt as confident as I did on my wedding day. This is due to the expert skills of Ligia. Upon meeting her for a trial a few months ago, I knew that I was in expert hands. As a bride of color, I was very worried about finding someone who would understand the color balance needs of brides with deep skin tones. My husband who grew up in New Hampshire really wanted to have our wedding there. I was worried that I would not find anyone within 100 miles that would have skills with dark skins. Upon meeting Ligia, I knew that in her I had found someone who had the expertise to execute my vision perfectly. If I could give her 100 stars I would. That is how happy I am with the work that she did for my entire bridal party. I cry with joy when I see my wedding photos because I know that I look better than good, I look amazing! What more could a bride ask for?

Sent on 10/04/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/06/2015

I found Ligia after an unsuccessful (read: disastrous) make-up trial with another artist. As someone who doesn't wear make-up on a daily basis, I wasn't sure if my discomfort with the first trial was legitimate, or just a product of unrealistic expectations. But after sitting down with Ligia for a trial less than four months before my wedding, the difference truly was night and day. She offered her opinion without pushing too much make-up on me, and I immediately knew I wanted to hire her. I ended up feeling absolutely stunning on my wedding day (September 2015), which is so important. Ligia also did a great job on the mothers' and bridesmaids' make-up, of course, and was very patient, responsive and flexible throughout the whole process. Working with Ligia was easily one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process, and I will definitely be recommending her to friends!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Erin · Married on 08/22/2015

Ligia is such a talented make-up artist and I couldn't be happier that I chose her for my wedding day! She did make-up for me and my bridesmaids and everyone looked absolutely stunning. She takes the time at the trial to learn EXACTLY what you're looking for and makes sure to communicate on the day of to ensure you're happy with it. A couple of us did air-brush and some just traditional make-up - everyone looked so natural and flawless. Ligia does gorgeous work and comes highly recommended!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/18/2015

Ligia did my makeup, my mother's makeup, and my 6 bridesmaids. We all did air brush, and I got married on a humid day (July 18, 2015) and my ceremony and cocktail hour were outside (at Elm Bank in Wellesley) and my makeup looked perfect all night- in fact, it even looked pretty good the next morning! Ligia is professional and knows her stuff- she is also fun to talk to and easy to be around- which is important with the vendors you are going to spend the day getting ready with. She worked in a timely manner, made a schedule for me, and had 8 people with lots of different skin tones and face shapes and did exactly what flattered each girl the most. I honestly felt so beautiful but also felt like MYSELF- I didn't look like a caricature of myself, just a really enhanced version of me. I actually had a few different makeup trials with several makeup artists because I wasn't sure what I wanted, but Ligia made my skin look absolutely flawless and I knew it would translate really well into photos- which it did! Thank you Ligia for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day-- and don't hesitate to hire her- I guarantee if you do a trial with her you will hire her!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Eunice · Married on 05/30/2015

I searched far and wide for a makeup artist I could feel comfortable with and could do great work. I am not much of a makeup person but Ligia made me feel comfortable. During the trial, she detailed all the products she was using and she only used the best quality makeup. On my wedding day, she was prompt and did a fabulous job. I received so many compliments. I truly felt she helped me to enhance my natural beauty on my wedding day. I can honestly say I would use her services again and recommend her to anyone..

Sent on 08/21/2015
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 11/15/2014

Ligia is an amazingly talented makeup artist! I highly recommend her to any bride to be looking for makeup on her wedding day. She provided makeup for me, my sister and mom and we never looked better. We opted for airbrush makeup and it made us look flaweless. I ended up going spray tanning the week of my wedding and Ligia was able to patch up a few places on my neck and chest too!

I wanted a dramatic eye and neutral lip, my sister loves dramatic makeup and my mom wanted natural. Ligia delivered on each of our looks!

Thank you again Ligia for making me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Ligia was great! She was able to make room for me in her busy schedule only 3 weeks before my wedding when my previous makeup artist fell through. She was personable and very talented and I really loved how my wedding makeup looked. She recommended the airbrush makeup and I'm so glad I did it because it looked so great in photographs!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Lindsay · Married on 09/20/2014

Ligia was amazing as my makes up artist for my wedding. After a great trial she offered a second trial for free because I was unsure on lip color. My makeup on the big day, and my 10 bridesmaids, was beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. Go for the airbrush!

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • X

Xu · Married on 05/18/2014

Ligia is magical, she listens to and communicates with you of what you like and don't like during the trial, and she makes you into a stunningly and yet naturally-beautiful bride on the wedding day. She arrives on time and responsive to email. Very glad I had Ligia as makeup artist for my wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Janette · Married on 10/13/2013

Ligia was amazing! Very professional throughout and great communication. I had a large wedding party and she was able to accommodate all of them! She really takes pride in her work! The girls looked amazing and I felt so beautiful! I had recently had some health issues effect my appearance which took a toll on my self esteem but she was very gracious and kind and made sure I felt just as stunning as I did at my trial! I highly recommend Ligia, you will look and feel amazing for your big day! Thank u again!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Ligia was absolutely amazing!!!! I couldn't have chosen a more perfect makeup artist for my wedding!! Everyone's makeup looked phenomenal!! Ligia was incredibly professional, super friendly and very fair in her pricing! Her makeup style is very high-end quality; she gave me that runway model feel on a bride's budget. Simply the best!! Thanks Ligia!!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2013

Ligia did a wonderful job applying my make-up the day of my wedding. My bridesmaids also loved their make-up!!! She was on time and very professional. I would highly recommend Ligia to any bride in need of a make-up artist!!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/24/2013

After I got engaged, I knew of one vendor that I needed to book for my wedding. Having done the make-up for my brother's wedding and for my best friends, Ligia was must have on my wedding to-do list. Up to the big day, she was very responsive to my emails, answering all of my questions. On the morning of my big day, she was there bright and early and ready to get all 9 people beautified. She did an amazing job on everyone--taking her time with each person, making sure everyone looked fabulous. It got down to the wire having 9 people to do, but she was able to do it just in time. 7 of the 9 people got the air brush make-up which is amazing. It stayed on all day and I didn't worry about it at all. I also got fake eye lashes, which is a must have for any bride. They made my eyes pop in every photo. I highly recommend Ligia for all of your make-up needs. She does beautiful work and is very easy to work with. Thank you, Ligia!

Sent on 12/28/2013

anne · Married on 06/08/2013

Hiring Ligia to do our makeup was one of the best decisions we made in planning for our wedding. We were two brides, with several siblings, moms, and friends that needed their makeup done for the day, and didn't want to have to stray far from our comfy hotel room. We found Ligia online and loved her portfolio. And when we stressed about looking for a great hair stylist to also come to our hotel for the wedding day, she recommended Annie who was also the best! Listen future brides -- if you are looking to enjoy your wedding morning and day, hang out with family and friends in your hotel or wherever you're staying, and want to make sure you look flawless by go-time, hire this woman. Everyone's makeup was perfectly suited to their personality and color palette. I've never felt so beautiful than when I walked out of my room en route to the wedding venue from the hotel. Ligia is wonderful, professional, talented, and a no-brainer for your makeup choice on what will be the best day of your life.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Guissella · Married on 03/02/2013

Do yo want to look BEATIFUL on your wedding day or any other Event ??? Ligia is the answer.
    Ligia is the best, this was my first time working with her. She was very professional, understandable, and does a outstanding job. She really knows what she does. My make up was amazing. Since she did my make up I cant see myself without make up on anymore. I really felt like a spoiled princess. I definately recommend her. She is great . She deserves to be number one.

Sent on 03/13/2013