Makeover Artistry Reviews

Makeover Artistry 7
  • Fawn

Fawn Allard · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Highly recommend!

Found Donna rather last minute as our wedding planning was four weeks from start to I Do. Her bio mentioned a love for working with brides of all ages, including more senior women. Donna responded quickly, fit me into her schedule, and did an amazing job with hair and makeup for both myself and the mother-of-the-bride. I was so pleased with the results that i remain a client today. Highly recommend.

Leslie · Getting married on 04/21/2020

I can't say enough good things about Donna Sousa and her Makeover Artistry team! I recently had the opportunity to participate in my sister-in-law's wedding, where they took care of hair & makeup for seven of us, ranging in age from 25 to 75 and everyone looked fabulous! Everyone looked beautiful for pictures, hairstyles withstood the humidity often associated with an outdoor summer venue, as well as a night of dancing, and the makeup was natural and survived the occasional tear. They are consummate professionals and highly recommended for anyone looking for personalized service! My husband & I will be renewing our vows on our 25th anniversary, and I wouldn't consider booking with anyone but Donna!!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Salam · Married on 11/02/2019

the best of the best

asome job beautiful job well done she make me loock like a queen

Ann Marie Vuocolo · Married on 10/30/2019

The Best!!!

I’m a senior now...lol...Donna took more than a decade off my look!

Marla Angermeier · Married on 10/19/2019

Fabulous. Attentive. Highly skillef

Donna has skill, compassion, experience, and a wonderful sense of what people need. She has a true artist’s eye

Kathy Fein · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing !! Donna does a beautiful job.

Donna does a wonderful job hair and makeup. She’s so professional and kind. I couldn’t imagine having anyone else. Thank you Donna for making my day amazing!!

Ruth Stearns Mandel · Married on 10/12/2019

Donna Sousa

Donna was professional and kind and even calming and assuring when our wedding had to be moved due to poor weather. Her hair and makeup artists were professional and listened to what we wanted and delivered it.

I am grateful for their contribution to the success and beauty of our wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2019
    Makeover Artistry 8
    Makeover Artistry 9

Alysha Golomboski · Married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommend

Donna made me look absolutely perfect on my wedding day. Could not reccomend her and her team enough.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Jmd · Married on 07/25/2019

Makeover Artistry by Donna Sousa is talented and always professional

I would have to say that if you want your special day to be pristine, magical and memorable you can count on Makeover Artistry to make it happen without question.

• flowerchylde

Bri · Married on 07/13/2019

Donna is an amazing make up artist and she has a gentle soul : )

I would like to thank Donna Sousa for the fantastic job of making my bridal party look gorgeous for our wedding this past weekend! She did all of our hair and make up flawlessly. It was more than I could have ever hoped for! Not only does Donna know her way around hair and makeup, she is a pro at dealing with difficult mothers and maid of honors with sensitive skin types. I was so anxious and nervous on my wedding day and it was Donna’s caring and calm demeanor that soothed my nerves. We could not have looked this good without you! Thank you Donna! 😘

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Makeover Artistry 10

Makeover Artistry's reply:

Thank you !! It was amazing doing your wedding! You are the most beautiful venue with the most gorgeous ocean views. And every aspect was so whimsical and beautiful!💋👍🏻🌹💄

Ellen · Married on 06/28/2019

Donna is an artist that works that works with you to create your perfect look

Very accommodating, professional and an artist

Pamela Olszyk · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing experience

Donna and her team were absolutely incredible. I couldn’t have asked for a better team to do my hair and make up! Very professional and lovely and made sure everyone liked how they looked before leaving the chair! Thank you Donna and Odessa for the amazing job!

Makeover Artistry 11
    Makeover Artistry 12

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2019

Sister’s Wedding!

Donna and team kept my sister calm and happy the entire morning. Each bridesmaid got the look they wanted while all complimenting each other. An enjoyable, easy, and gorgeous experience. Highly recommend for any function.

Makeover Artistry 13
    Makeover Artistry 14
    Makeover Artistry 15
    Makeover Artistry 16
    Makeover Artistry 17

Rachel · Married on 05/07/2019

Donna and Odessa were both phenomenal. I would recommend both of them to anyone and everyone. As the maid of honor, it was difficult to decide whom to choose, but they both made it so easy. Not only did they make us look beautiful, but they also made us feel beautiful!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Donna and her team did an amazing job at my wedding this past September! I live in the New York area and got married in Newport, RI, so I had to travel for my trial and work with Donna long-distance to prepare for the big day. She always made our calls a priority, and stayed in close contact with me leading up to the wedding which helped a lot.

On the actual wedding weekend, I had my hair and makeup done for the rehearsal dinner, along with 8 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself for the wedding day. Additionally, I had two hair styles for my wedding day (one for first-look and pictures, one for ceremony and reception), and touch-ups for the bridesmaids/moms before the ceremony. Donna did a fantastic job keeping us on schedule; she and her team were prompt, professional, and a lot of fun to work with. The hair and makeup was beautiful, and I really appreciated that they were willing to go the extra mile and wait for us to finish photos before doing touch-ups and the second hairstyle for the ceremony and reception. I highly recommend working with Donna and her team for your wedding!

Brandon · Married on 09/02/2018

Donna and her team did a fantastic job for our wedding in Newport, RI this summer. My wife had 8 bridesmaids plus our moms, so there were a lot of people of different ages and looks. Donna kept everyone on schedule, and even stayed late to touch everyone up after pictures while Odessa did a second hairstyle for my wife. Fun, professional team, great experience for our wedding day, and everyone (especially the bride!) looked absolutely beautiful.

Monica · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend Makeover Artistry to anyone! Donna and her team did an absolutely amazing job! They did hair and makeup for myself and family. Everyone came out absolutely gorgeous and they did such a great job of turning our own personal visions of what we hoped to look like into beautiful realities. I was so happy that Donna was able to do my makeup so that I still looked like myself but also felt absolutely stunning. Her hair stylist was absolutely excellent. We were all so very happy with the styles. I am so grateful that I chose Makeover Artistry for my wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Vivian · Married on 08/04/2018

As the mother of the bride, I felt so taken care of with Donna and Odessa. They talked to us about what we wanted and also provided helpful ideas for makeup/hair. I would recommend Donna and Odessa to everyone.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Natalie · Married on 07/21/2018

First off this is absolutely A+ quality! I encourage any future bride to 100% choose Makeover Artistry, you'll be glad you did! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Donna. Finding Donna was the highlight of my vendor search. I’m a woman of color (AA), recently married (2 weeks ago) on Block Island. Donna was willing to travel out to the island (hallelujah) and did absolutely beautiful work on hair/makeup for myself as well as for my mother and mother in law. She is incredibly skilled and was able to work with various skin tones. As a woman of color with medium to deep skin tone, my mother has lighter skin tone and my mother-in-law is Caucasian (with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes). Donna was able to work with all of us using airbrush makeup to create a flawless complexion! Despite only having done a makeup trial and no actual hair trial, she was effortlessly able to create beautiful and elegant hairdos that were exactly what we wanted. Everyone offered such beautiful compliments! Donna is also a joy to work with. She is personable, calm, funny and professional! Even further she went out of her way to help me get dressed and out the door to be married! I followed up with her in person and was greeted with hugs and kisses! At this point Donna seems more like a friend than a vendor. I am so glad I found her, as I was losing hope after doing trials with a few other cosmetologists- one that made me look like a corpse and the other who made me look like a pole dancer. You will absolutely be happy if you choose to work with her, as she is incredibly skilled and experienced working with various skin tones and colors, is reliable, professional, reasonably priced and has a fantastic personality! Importantly, she knows how to create beautiful wedding makeup (and hairstyling). Not all vendors who can even apply makeup, know what an appropriate look is for a wedding. Bridal makeup should be soft, beautiful & elegant in my opinion. Trust me, she is the BEST!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Ryan · Married on 05/27/2018

Donna Sousa and her team did such a great job!! We are a gay-male couple and were hesitant having our makeup done, but Donna made sure our faces looked perfect and very natural in photos. Our mothers and the women in our wedding party also looks flawless. The speed in which her team did hair and makeup was so impressive and the quality for the price was unbelievable.

HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Abbey · Married on 05/12/2018

Makeover Artistry is the perfect choice!

Donna is so fun and so talented! Makeover artistry provided hair and make up for my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. She made sure to have enough stylists there to make sure that we were able to stick to the time schedule. Everyone looked great, we were ready on time, and had a great time with makeover artistry. :)

Sent on 10/30/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/28/2018

The Makeover Artistry team does an amazing job of making everyone in your bridal party look stunning for your special day. They truly listen to all of your requests and can give you any look you want! The team members' combined years of experience in the business are evident through their professionalism and skill level. You will not be disappointed with your wedding day look if you choose to work with Makeover Artistry!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Catherine · Married on 04/28/2018

I’m the mother of the bride and Makeover Artistry , Donna, did a wonderful job for my daughters wedding day! Flawless makeup and gorgeous hair were done to perfection. ❤️

Crystal · Married on 02/25/2018

Donna and her crew did an amazing job for my wedding. They had everyone looking their absolute best. They were professional, punctual, and accommodated everything we requested. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/31/2018
  • Violette

Violette · Married on 01/06/2018

Donna made us all look so beautiful, we are flawless in every picture. If you've never had your makeup done before, its pretty fun. Also, fake lashes are a blast. As a bride I did a pretty traditional look, and Donna knew exactly what to do to accentuate to my features. Thanks for everything, Donna!

Ann was our primary hair stylist, and I loved working with her. I didn't have a specific style in mind, but after seeing 1 picture Ann was able to understand the style I was going for. My hair looked exactly as I wanted it to! Thank Ann, we loved meeting and working with you!

I have never felt more beautiful than I did after working with this team! Also, credit to Donna on this stunning fur coat!

Sent on 02/25/2018