MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian Reviews

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 4
MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 5

Melanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful service!

We had Jess from the team do our hair, and my girls and I all looked amazing!! She is so friendly and down to earth, and amazing at what she does! I did a trial with her a few months back and she took what I said I liked based on pictures and worked with me to come up with my look! She kept apologizing for being a perfectionist about everything, but isn’t that what you want on your wedding day?? Someone who’s double checking every detail and every whisp of hair! My curls did fall by the end of the night (my hair just doesn’t want to curl, it’s always been like that.. and I danced pretty hard all night!) but Jess made sure they looked perfect and would hold long enough for my ceremony and pictures!! (Which is of course when I cared most about my hair). I’m so happy she did my hair for my wedding!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Kiana

Kiana VanderStaay · Married on 09/27/2019

The best there is!

When it comes to hair and makeup for your big day, you want nothing but the best and Christina and her team are it! I had 4 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 2 flower girls and everyone looked perfect! My bridesmaids and I all wanted natural makeup and everyone was so happy with Christina's work. Her makeup is flawless and not cakey whatsoever! Her hair team is equally amazing and were able to do everything my girls were looking for. I wont use anyone else going forward!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Francer · Married on 09/20/2019

Best hair and makeup artists around!

Christina and her team were absolutely amazing! I had 8 ladies in my bridal party, plus my mom and mother-in-law. Because we had so many people needing their services, we hired 2 makeup artists and 2 hair stylists to help speed things up. Some people got both hair and makeup done, some got just hair, some just makeup, some got fake lashes, and some didn’t. With all these different combinations, I was stressing about how to organize everything; but much to my surprise, Christina created an organized sheet listing each time slot for every artist, and who would be in that time slot. I thought I’d have to create this myself, so I was so happy when I saw she did it for me! She was always very response with any questions I emailed her with leading up to the wedding, and on the wedding day everyone arrived on-time and got right to work. My hair and makeup lasted all night, and everyone looked and felt BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much Christina, Alex, Angie, and Bianca. I’ll be recommending you to every engaged couple I know!

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 6
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 7
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 8
    Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Estelle

Estelle Hatem · Married on 09/19/2019

Highly recommend

After having hair and makeup trial with 3 different stylists, I came across “makemeupri” only 2 months before our wedding and decided to give Christina a call. From the first moment I reached out to her, I knew that I would be hiring her and her team. Christina was very professional and quick to respond. Christina and her team can give you any look that you desire, wether it’s a Smokey eye or a natural look. I highly recommend Makemeupri for your next event 😊

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 9
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 10
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 11
    Sent on 10/19/2019

Laura · Married on 08/23/2019

Christina & Team are Wonderful!

I am not even sure where to start - but my experience with this team was beyond spectacular. I reached out to Christina a LONG time ago to ensure I'd be able to book her for my wedding. From the initial trial, she was SO sweet and SO funny - yet super professional at what she does and was such an educator. The day of the wedding, she showed up super early and everyone's makeup looked absolutely stunning & lasted ALL day - I loved the airbrush! Kauri did the girls' hair and it was perfect. Both girls were amazing and I can't wait to book Makemeup for my future endeavors!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • W

whitney · Married on 08/11/2019

Stunningly Beautiful Work!

Christina and her team were the best hair and make-up team I could have found for my wedding day. They knew exactly how to work with each of our requests and the outcomes were stunning! I could not have asked for a better day. They were fun and easy going and what an amazing experience!! Thank you all again!!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/10/2019

The absolute best

I choose Christina and team after being a bridesmaid in a wedding where they did the hair and makeup. Firstly, Christina and her team are beyond talented. Secondly, Christina makes sure to work with your schedule and give plenty of buffer time, so I was never worried about hair and makeup running over and being late for anything. Third, they are absolute perfectionists. Christina wouldn't leave until all of my lashes were placed exactly perfectly. You can see from my photos that I never felt more beautiful. Book them now, you won't regret it.

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 12
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 13
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 14
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 15
    Sent on 09/05/2019

Danielle · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding July 27

Christina was amazing! She made me feel beautiful. She did an amazing job on my girls. I did not give her any ideas when it came to my bridal party but she did an amazing job. Christina even helped me calm my nerves l was pacing around the house all morning and she took me second to last to ease my nerves. Christina is prompt and puts a lot of effort into her work. You won’t be disappointed! Thank you again for your service ❤️

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah M · Married on 07/19/2019

The best glam squad!

Christina and the MakeMeUpRI team did an incredible job making me and my wedding party feel beautiful on our big day. I’d consider myself a highly informed beauty consumer, and the minute I found Christina on Instagram (@makemeupri), I hired her. She is the MASTER of soft glam looks and truly enhances everyone’s natural beauty. Multiple people in my wedding party said this was the most beautiful they’ve ever felt, and I completely agree. She uses high end makeup that lasts all day & night, we started my makeup at 10 AM and it was still looking fresh by midnight. I learned so much from her during my trial and on my big day, it was a fun, creative, and collaborative experience. Ashlee did my hair and it was stunning, exactly what I wanted. My hair generally does not hold a curl, but it lasted all day and night. As evidenced by all of the wonderful reviews, this is the best glam squad in the area! I highly recommend them and will definitely use again in the future for all of my beauty needs.

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 16
    Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Hall · Married on 05/26/2019

Felt like a princess!

Christina and her team are the absolute best! I met Christina when she did my makeup for my best friend's wedding and I knew I would call her for my wedding :) She was easy to contact and answered all my questions in a timely manner. Fatima made all of my girls feel so beautiful the day of. I felt like a princess! Call Christina for all your makeup needs!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/04/2019

Best decision ever!

Where do I begin?! Christina and her team are absolutely amazing!!
    Christina first did my makeup when I was a bridesmaid a couple of years ago. I'm pretty picky about my makeup - coverage, color, taste, etc. I LOVED everything about my makeup that day. So when it came time to find my own wedding vendors, Christina was one of the first I booked. Without a doubt, best decision ever!
    She is beyond sweet & incredibly talented. At my trial, she took the time to listen to my thoughts, likes & dislikes, and was patient with my questions & changes. She genuinely wants to make you happy, and works with you until you 100% are!
    Her team is equally as talented and kind! I ended up having 2 hair trials with Shelby, after spiraling out of control & completely changing my mind on the type of updo I wanted. Shelby was a total rockstar and nailed both inspo pictures at the trials. I ended up going with the 2nd updo, and I swear it looked even more gorgeous the day of the wedding (if that's even possible)!
    The wedding day was perfect. Christina, Shelby, and the rest of her team showed up right on time, full of smiles and bubbly personalities. Totally put me at ease!! I couldn't be happier with how beautiful my ladies (and me!) looked, and I would 110% recommend Christina and her team to ANY bride looking!

Sent on 06/10/2019

suhaida · Married on 09/02/2018

Beautiful job...everyone looked flawless!

Christina was recommended to me by a friend that had her makeup done for a modeling shoot several years ago. From the moment I contacted Christina, she was extremely professional and very responsive. Knowing that Christina herself would not be able to do my makeup, as she was already booked, I still decided to meet with her in person to discuss the look I wanted for hair and makeup on my wedding day. I instantly clicked with Christina. She was very thorough and understood the look I was trying to achieve; I knew from that moment that her team would be to her standards and I knew that whoever Chrstina assigned to my big day would be great! Over the months leading up to my wedding I was in contact with Christina regarding all my hair and makeup questions, which were always answered promptly. I scheduled a trial with Fatima who was assigned to do my makeup and Alex who did my hair. I’m so happy I did a trial because not only did I get to meet the lovely ladies who would be working on me on my big day, but I got to talk through my likes and dislikes which provided for an absolutely flawless wedding day. I could not be happier with all the ladies (Fatima, Alex, Jenna and Caitlin) that worked on myself, the MOB, MOG and my bridal party. Everyone looked absolutely stunning. Both hair and makeup looked natural and stayed in place all day for all the ladies. A special shout out to the very talented makeup artist Fatima and hairstylist Alex. Fatima made sure I felt comfortable with my look (I’ve never really worn lashes). My look was flawless: I looked both natural and glamorous all at the same time. Alex did a beautiful job with my hair and incorporated my requested changes from my trial. I could not be happier with the way I looked. I’m so happy I booked with Christina and her team!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Lillian · Married on 07/14/2018

I discovered Christina through Instagram and so glad I did! The only time I'd had my make up done by a professional was for my prom and it was disastrous so understandably, choosing the right make up artist for my wedding day was a HUGE deal for me. I also don't wear much makeup so I wanted to find someone that actually understood the concept of "natural" makeup and wouldn't give me purple eye shadow and pounds of mascara. During my trial, Christina understood exactly the look I was going for and I loved that she would hand me the mirror every once in a while to get my ok or ask if I wanted more or less makeup. After booking with her for both hair and makeup, she was very easy to communicate with and she emailed a schedule for my bridal party which was so helpful! The day of the wedding, her girls arrived on time and were super patient with a chaotic scene in my hotel suite filled with loud females ranging from ages 3-78!
    Christina did the most amazing job on my make up and I couldn't have been happier! My hubby later told me that my makeup "was on point"! My bridal party's hair and makeup also looked stunning.
    I would recommend Christina to everyone! I actually wish I could redo my wedding so she could do my makeup again LOL! Thank you Christina & team for making us look so good on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Carissa · Married on 07/06/2018

Christina is so talented and she was so incredible to work with! I knew I loved her work just from her photos alone! I scheduled a trial before my engagement photos and she more than exceeded my expectations! She is so sweet and truly understands what your makeup vision is, showing you every step of the way and consulting with you to insure the final application is exactly what you want. On the wedding morning there were bridesmaid like me who LOVE makeup and others who never wear any; she insured that everyone felt comfortable, confidant and beautiful with their final look! Beyond her talent, Christina is a true professional! She responds immediately and was always on time/early! I can’t recommend her enough!

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 22
    Sent on 07/25/2018

Laurie · Married on 06/30/2018

Christina and Shelby were AMAZING!!! I could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day. My bridal party and mom LOVED their hair & makeup and we all received so many compliments throughout the night! Not to mention it was 95 and humid out and our hair & makeup still looked perfect at the end of the night!
    I HIGHLY recommend Christina & her team. She was so easy to get in touch with and answered all of my questions from day one. They showed up early, and made getting ready so easy and effortless. Thank you guys SO much!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Kayla · Married on 06/22/2018

Christina is absolutely amazing! Hands down, she is by far the best make up artist around. Her work is flawless, and it lasted all night! I had researched so many different makeup artists in the Newport area and was so disheartened until I found Christina. From the moment I contacted her so was so professional, knowledgeable, and responsive. Her photos drew me in, but her kindness is what really sold me! She is such a sweet person, and really wants every bride to feel as beautiful as possible. Her work the day of the wedding was flawless, and everyone adored her! I knew I had nothing to worry about, but yet she still exceeded all my expectations! It was the best feeling to feel so beautiful, but also so myself the day of the wedding. I have seen so many brides who either look like they have no make up on, or look like a totally different person. Christina knows how to bring inner beauty out, and to enhance that any person already has. I would recommend her to anyone!

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 23
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 32
    Sent on 10/10/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/08/2018

Christina was amazing!!!
    We had pleasure of having her do our makeup for my wedding June 8, 2018!
    She did my makeup, 3 mother’s and 3 bridesmaids all while staying exactly on schedule!
    She made sure all of us were completely happy with our makeup before she was done.
    Christina is so professional, organized, down to earth, sweet and so good at what she does!
    I’m so glad I found her! You will NOT be disappointed!
    Thank you for making all of us beautiful!
    Love
    Rebecca

Sent on 06/12/2018

christina · Married on 05/19/2018

Christina and her team are so wonderful to work with. I went for my hair and makeup trial a few months back and was blown away by the entire process. They are friendly and just know how to make you feel comfortable and relaxed while there. In my case, Christina and her girls really went above and beyond for us. Christina created a schedule for myself and my bridal party as well as my future wife who will be in a different location. She will have her team travel to 2 locations to accommodate our needs and is happy to do it without hesitation. Like every bride- we only want the best and I am happy to say we are getting that and more! I am now relaxed and able to wait for our big day knowing that everything will be perfect! Thanks Christina!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 05/18/2018

Christina and her team were amazing to work with! She was so responsive and answered any and all questions I had. On the morning of my wedding, her team showed up early (huge plus!!) and were so accommodating. Jenna did an amazing job on my makeup and Alex made my hair look exactly like it did during the trial! I couldn’t be more thankful for you and your team!

Sent on 05/29/2018

jaime · Married on 05/04/2018

Christina is amazing! She did my makeup for my wedding and my bridal party!! She did an incredible job and was so caring to make me look exactly how I wanted!! Her and her team are the best! I felt the prettiest ever for my wedding day! Ashley did an amazing job on my hair. Christina is a beautiful person inside and out so is Ashley and also the team! Every girl in my bridal party , my sisters, my mom,and me felt gorgeous that day! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 04/28/2018

Christina and her team were amazing to work with! From the trial a few months before the wedding to the morning of! Christina is easy to get in touch with, easy to pay, and her and her team do a fabulous job! The team which was 2 make-up artists me one hair stylist arrived early (both timely and the crack of dawn!) to set up, they were enthusiastic, and set up a great on-site space. Myself, my bridal party, and my mom, all got exactly what we wanted! My mom was afraid to look like a “clown” as she doesn’t usually wear make-up, and I can assure you she looked naturally beautiful! Christina and her team are easy going, and get everyone done in a quick organized manner!

Thank you Christina and your awesome team!

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 33
    MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian 38
    Sent on 05/28/2018
  • Roxanne

Roxanne · Married on 09/09/2017

MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian was professional, efficient and excellent value! All of the staff was so accommodating, and talented. The first aspect that I loved about MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian is that they offer to come to you wherever you are located. They came to our hotel the morning of our wedding, which was super convenient and so much less stressful! I had 10 women and 1 flower girl that they had to do both hair and make-up for in preparation of a 4PM wedding ceremony with a 2:30PM first look. They set up a schedule 2 weeks prior to the wedding day, and miraculously stuck to it. They completed all of our make overs with plenty of time for pictures prior to the ceremony.

I do not wear a lot of make-up typically, and did not want to look unlike myself on my wedding day. The make-up artist did a truly wonderful job of balancing increased glam for my wedding day with looking natural. The hairstylist worked with me to make sure my hair came out just the way I imagined it would (pintrest inspired obviously). She also took the time to not only place my veil, but to also show my Maid of Honor the best way to remove it when I wanted to do so. All of my girls and I looked absolutely gorgeous when they were through with us! Overall, MakeMeUp by Christina Kaian made getting ready for a very important and often stressful day an extremely pleasant and laid back experience! I highly recommend this company for your wedding day needs!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Natasha · Married on 09/09/2017

WOW. I do not have enough wonderful things to say about working with Christina and her team member Jen. From the minute I reached out for a bridal hair and make up trial, Christina was amazing and so responsive. The morning of the wedding was perfect, largely in part to Christina and Jen. Honestly it was so fun working with them - it felt like having family around getting ready together. Not only were they great to be around and work with, they made everyone look and feel absolutely stunning. Everyone's makeup was flawless, and lasted well into the night, even through the after party. All of my girls felt and looked beautiful! Jen is unbelievable when it comes to hair styling. I don't have the thickest hair, and with just a few extensions, she was able to make me look like I borrowed Pocahontas's hair, in a very natural way!The styles she did on all of my girls were simply stunning. Some of the styles were so intricate and she not only did it very quickly, but just so beautifully. They were both such a joy to be around. They are masters at what they do - they work with such ease, and ended up with a masterpiece on each and every one of us. I can't thank Christina and Jen enough for making me feel like the most beautiful bride. I will certainly be reaching out for other events to work with Christina and her team! xoxo

Sent on 11/06/2017

Kerri · Married on 08/19/2017

Christina and Fatima did the makeup for my wedding day for nine girls total! They were wonderful and everyone looked so gorgeous! Christina is extremely efficient and professional! It was a hot and humid day and my makeup looked perfect all day and night! All the girls were finished on time and looked stunning! Highly recommend Make Me Up by Christina Kaian she is amazing at what she does!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Jazmin · Married on 08/12/2017

If you are looking for professionalism and unreal makeup/hair styling skills you MUST go with MakeMeUp. Christina and her team at MakeMeUp are absolutely phenomenal. The professionalism she exhibits from start to finish is beyond anything I've ever experienced. On the morning of my wedding we had an issue with our bridal lounge, not only was she understanding but she took charge and made me feel like everything would work out in a really stressful situation. Shelby was also UNREAL amazing with the hair. She literally had myself and all my bridesmaids SLAYING at the wedding! I absolutely LOVED MakeMeUp and would definitely use them in the future for any special occasions. I promise you will NOT be disappointed, Christina and her team are the absolute best out there.

Sent on 09/13/2017