Maira Ortiz Makeup And Hair Artist Reviews

89 | New York, NY

89 Reviews for Maira Ortiz Makeup And Hair Artist

89 Maira Ortiz Makeup And Hair Artist Reviews

Kassandra · Married on 08/09/2018

Working with Maira was such a wonderful experience. She was very professional and a lot of fun to be around. She was very accommodating and willing to work around your schedule. If you give her wiggle room to add her touch and ideas to your hair & makeup style, I promise you will be amazed and walk away with a style better than what you expected. The best part is that she is has on location service. Coming from LA and barely knowing how to move around NYC, it was one less thing for me to worry about. I guarantee she will deliver pure quality. I received lots of compliments for my hairdo and makeup. Lastly she is very friendly and makes the whole process very fun. I promise you, you will be glad you chose her, so just go ahead and call her up! Trust me she will blow your mind away!!!

Jenny · Married on 09/10/2017

Maira did a great job making my bridesmaids look amazing. She and hair teammate Esther did hair and makeup for 4 bridesmaids plus the mother of the bride. Correspondence beforehand was clear. They arrived a few minutes early, and finished everyone on time. Everyone had a pretty, amplified natural look with gorgeous false lashes that photographed beautifully and lasted a very long day. (Still waiting on my professional photos to post with this review!)

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

Maira is as talented as she is lovely! She gave me the perfect haircut. I just put myself in her more than capable hands and she immediately knew the perfect length and cut and went to work. Magic! She's a star.

Milena · Married on 03/21/2017

It was the best decision ever to decide to book Maira for the wedding. She made an awesome work but more than this she always made me feel comfortable and relaxed. So also because of her it became one of the most beautiful days in my life. Thank you very much, Maira. You're great! Keep going! :)

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

I had a great experience with Maira for my wedding. First she came to my home for a hair and makeup trial. After doing my makeup and adjusted it till I was really happy with it we tried two different hairstyles; one up and one down. After each hairstyle, Maira took professional grade photos of me so I could take my time deciding which look I preferred and we could used the photos as a reference for my wedding day. My wedding was small and I was the only one getting hair and makeup done and she was accommodating of that. I’m sure she would also have been able to handle a much larger wedding with an assistant as she is very organized. I highly recommend her!

• Margarita

Margarita · Married on 09/03/2016

I wanted to gift hair and makeup to my future mother-in-law the morning of my wedding but had a hard time finding someone who would travel to Queens (many companies only worked within Manhattan or Brooklyn). I found Maira Ortiz on Wedding Wire and was so thrilled that she was available to travel to my mother-in-law's house and do her hair and makeup. She answered me immediately and was kind and professional. I know things must have been very hectic at my in-laws' house, but my husband said everything went smoothly. My mother-in-law's hair and makeup turned out absolutely stunning! She looked elegant, sophisticated, and natural. Many thanks to Maira for giving my mother-in-law some much-needed pampering!

Jenny · Married on 09/12/2015

I really have no better way to describe Maira than to say she was amazing! Maira actually did the hair and makeup for one of my bridesmaids when she got married 2 years ago. I remember how great her makeup looked and she also highly recommended Maira's services (biggest selling point: the promise that my make up would never run or fade regardless of the amount of sweat/tears). During the vetting process, Maira was extremely responsive without being too pushy or putting an arbitrary timeline on my decision making like some of the other vendors did. Her approach and confidence (plus one of my closest friends vouching for her) made my selection a no brainer. My work schedule made it challenging to schedule the trial but Maira offered to come to my apt later in the afternoon to accomodate my schedule. During the trial, I felt extremely comfortable and instantly loved her upbeat energy. Knowing that i did not have much of a 'vision' for what i wanted exactly, she asked all the right questions to narrow down the looks. By the time my wedding day rolled around, I had not a single concern. Maira and her team were nothing but professional and helped me and my bridesmaids feel beautiful. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup throughout the night, and despite some crying and lots of dancing, my makeup survived well past the reception. From the beginning to end, Maira exceeded my expectations and I am very happy that I was referred to her by my bridesmaid!

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2015

I am SO lucky to have found Maira Ortiz to do my makeup and hair for my wedding! I have never felt as beautiful as I did the day I got married! She also put together a whole amazing team for my bridal party of 14 people - each person was so talented and I have never seen my friends or family members look as gorgeous as they did on the day of the wedding. It was a pleasure working with Maira leading up to the wedding as well! I recommend Maira to anyone who wants to look beautiful on their wedding day! Thank you Maira!!!

Maira came highly recommended to me from several friends and far surpassed my expectations!! After a lengthy trial and still not being sure how I wanted my hair done on the big day, Maira kept me calm and confident on the morning of and listened to what I was really looking for. I could not have been happier with how my hair and makeup came out!! I felt sso beautiful and yet I also felt comfortable and like myself. The makeup and hair lasted all night, throughout lots of dancing and some tears!!! I am SO happy I went with Maira -- she really is the best!!! thank you thank you thank you!!

Christen · Married on 06/19/2015

Maira is the absolute best!! She is incredibly helpful, and friendly and an expert at what she does. She made our day so much fun and so stress free. It was a pleasure working with her. My hair and makeup, as well as, my bridesmaids hair and makeup was absolutely stunning and lasted ALL night with no touch ups. We couldn't have been happier!

If you don't want to worry and want professionalism and expertise work with Maira. (She even brings her own professional camera and professional lighting so she can photograph you and you will know exactly how you will look for pictures!!)

Maira did a great job on my wedding hair and makeup. She arrived on time and was a pleasure to be around. The first day we met in person was my wedding day, which made me nervous that we only had one shot to get things right. She made my hair look amazing and matched the makeup look I was aiming for. I would highly recommend Maira as a one stop shop for all your wedding day beauty needs.

Emily · Married on 07/26/2014

I used Maira for my wedding hair and makeup, and for my bridal party. She was a dream to work with. She has a very good energy and put me at ease. My bridal hair and makeup looked even better than our trial run, which I didn't think was possible. I would highly recommend airbrush makeup. She blends the tones and makes it look very natural. There were a few times during the trial that I was picky about my hair, but we re-worked it and her patience was amazing and the end product was great. She was very responsive and easy to work with. I would highly recommend using Maira and her team.

• Yu

Yu · Married on 11/16/2013

Maira and her assistant were both very professional and personable. They know their craft well and they made me (the bride), my mom, my mom-in-law, and 3 bridesmaids look absolutely stunning! They were required to travel and do all of our hair/make-up in less than 4 hours and they did just that and what a great job they did. Maira is very attentive to details and she knows what looks good and what doesn't (even if you don't really know what looks good on you). I just told her what type of look I was going for roughly and we figured it out during our trial and on the day of the wedding, I didn't have to stress at all over hair/make-up since I had so much other things to worry about! She played awesome music, too, and kept our nerves calm. She's fun and super personable, you will feel very comfortable with her. I was really happy with her services and would recommend her to anyone. Wish her the best.

• daniela

daniela · Married on 09/21/2013

Maira is the best! Not only did she make me feel like a princess the day of my wedding but my make-up and hair lasted all day. She did hair and make-up for my sister's wedding back in 2009 and I knew right away I wanted her to be a part of my special day. She is kind, patient and has a heart of gold. If you chose Maria, you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Charlotte · Married on 05/04/2013

Selecting a hair and make up artist was a hard process for me, as we were coming from the UK to New York for our wedding.

On finding Maira's website I contacted her and had a good feeling from the start!

Even before meeting her on my wedding day we were in regular communication and she was always there to advise. By the day I had a vague idea of what I wanted and Maira made it better - discussing the process and ideas while doing my make up and hair, she made me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt.

I'm now trying to work out how I can get to New York so I can use her services again!

Ana · Married on 08/31/2012

Words cannot quite capture Maira's work! She is not only a very sweet person, but she's understanding and works with you, as the bride, to make sure everyone in your wedding party looks amazing. She made everyone from my youngest flower girl (age 6) to the moms feel very comfortable and most importantly, beautiful. I think the fact that my maid of honor is thinking of hiring Maira for her big day captures what an incredible job she did. There really is no one better out there. She is AMAZING!!!

Andrea · Married on 06/22/2012

Maira is the BEST person to have you look beautiful for your wedding day! She was so much fun and relaxed on my wedding day and was able to make all of my girls and I look better than our best! I would recommend Maira to anyone who wants to look beautiful on their wedding day. Her professionalism and relaxed personality was a pleasure on such an important day. I have never looked so beautiful in my life!! Thank you thank you thank you Maira!

Lirizell · Married on 04/07/2012

Maira did a great job on my wedding date. She arrived on time, with a smile and great energy. She made me look like never before, great makeup and an amazing hair style. Maira is professional and does exactly what costumers want. She gives suggestions, takes her time, and does not criticize one hair. I will continue working with Maira on special events.

Girlie · Married on 11/19/2011

Maira was amazing!!! We had instant connection the first day we met for my trial... She is a great talent.. My hair and make up were what I have envisioned for my Big Day! She is on time and ready to work all the time... Maira made me feel like a million bucks! She is the stylist you want to have for your Big Day... Thank you Maira!

• User1686741 · event on: 09/26/2015

Maira was amazing. Dependable, upbeat and extremely skilled. The hair and makeup was beyond what we hoped for and made the Bat Mitzvah girl look spectacular and feel very special. And as for me, the mom, I have never had such a good makeup job!

Leslie · Married on 10/16/2011

Maira's services met ALL my needs. My hair and make-up looked flawless the entire day into the night. My husband snapped a photo of me at 1am and if you compare it to photos of when Maira finished in the morning I look exactly the same! And that's after hours of running around, dancing, and eating. One thing a bride should never have to worry about is, "how does my hair/make-up look?" Maira uses the best products to ensure that the bride never even wonders about that.

The best part of getting ready for my wedding is that Maira put me at total ease. She worked diligently to make sure she finished the look we created at the trial and brought the photos with her to ensure she didn't miss any details. Another added plus was that she is punctual! I didnt have to worry about the time b/c Maira made she she was on top of that.

Maira is extremely professional and I have no doubt she will make any bride look amazing. I not only found a wonderful makeup & hari artist but I also feel like I made a friend. Every bride should be lucky enough to have Maira!

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2011

Maira and her company are a step above the rest!!!! She has the ability to make ANY bride look EXACTLY how she wants on her wedding day. From 6am Maira arrives on scene energetic and raring to go. The individualized attention and obvious dedication are amazing!!! I am so pleased with Maira's service and would recommend it to ANYONE. Thank you Maira!

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2011

Maira did hair and makeup for me my sister and my niece for my small wedding. She was fantastic! Punctual and professional, fun and her work was wonderful. We all felt amazingly beautiful on the day!

• W

Meghan · Married on 10/08/2011

Maira was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the wedding process. I found her through recommendations on websites, like this, and was impressed with what other brides were saying. I was looking for someone who was able and willing to travel to a hotel with their team to do both hair and makeup for a group of 9 plus me. Maira responded that day to my email - which impressed me, and rather than lock in the date immediately with me, she asked me to come in for a trail. She would not let me sign a contract until i was able to see her work (this impressed me, as most people wanted me to sign a contract and not do my trail until a few weeks before hte wedding). From my first meeting and trail, Maira was extremely professional and fun. She took the time to get to know me, I never felt rushed or just as if i was another client. After the first trial, she kept in contact with me through the engagement, answered any questions i had along the way, and provided me with first rate service the day of my wedding. Along with her team, she ensured that her image was maintained for the day - my girls werent just farmed out to someone of lesser expereience than Maira. She oversaw the entire process for every girl and the end results were amazing. Never in my life have i felt so beautiful - she listens to what you say and provides recommendations of what would work based on your personality and style. I would recommend Maira to anyone looking to have a day where you can truly sit back, relax and walk out of the room feeling and looking like a princess.