Maine Coast Wedding Photography Reviews

Maine Coast Wedding Photography 7
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful Photos!

Michael did an amazing job. My wedding photos are stunning. His use of light and scenery was absolutely beautiful. He also took so many amazing candids. I highly recommend!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/11/2018

Best day ever!!

Michael was the best choice we made for our wedding day! Not only was he very professional, easy to get in contact with, but our guests also loved him! He blended right in and seamlessly took the most amazing pictures. It poured rain while we got our wedding photos done outside, and they managed to come out so beautifully that we've actually been told to enter our photos in a magazine competition. And Michael didn't mind getting soaked at all! He powered through it just so we could get the best shot possible. I can't say enough about him and his work. You won't be disappointed with Michael!

Ann · Married on 07/07/2018

The best wedding photographer!

Michael was such a wonderful wedding photographer. Fom our first phone call it was clear he was the perfect choice for us. He traveled all the way to Philadelphia for our July wedding, scouted the best locations for our pictures, and was a warm and calming presence throughout the day. Michael is super accommodating to what you want for your wedding day and most importantly, our photos turned out so wonderfully. We can't recommend Michael enough for your wedding - you'll be in great hands!

Kerry · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I agreed photos are one item you cherish most after your big day so we really wanted great images and hiring Michael was one of the easiest and best decisions we made for our wedding. Michael kept everyone on time, looking beautiful and most importantly he kept me, the bride, calm and able to enjoy the whole day/night without having to keep track of anything besides enjoying the moment. Michael was very professional and communicated clearly and thoroughly before and during the wedding. He was quick to answer any questions and we loved that he had specific photographic ideas for our unique venue. After the wedding, he delivered preview photos to us within days and all our guests kept telling us how amazing and professional our photographer was. I will be recommending Michael to all of my engaged friends.

Matt · Married on 09/23/2017

Michael is a special kind of photographer. His combination of easy going charm and consummate professionalism will make him a trusted asset on your special day. He truly went above and beyond for us, wrangling relatives for group shots, scouting the locations ahead of time and providing us with clear directions to ensure we could get everything captured without feeling distracted from our celebration. And of course, the pictures are truly stunning. They are rich with emotion and staggeringly authentic. They paint a portrait of our wedding day so true that I find myself tearing up whenever I look at them. I’m so grateful to have such a powerful and beautiful record of our celebration. Thank you Michael!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Your wedding was one of the best weddings I have ever photographed! So many amazing pictures were made! Thank you both for making it such an amazing experience! Also, a quick heads up next I see you two I am going to have you both dress back up so we can capture that picture of you two on separate bulldozers!

Caitlin · Married on 09/09/2017

Michael is the kindest, calmest, most professional photographer. We loved every moment during our engagement shoot and our wedding. He made us feel so incredibly comfortable and at ease. Our photos are phenomenal and we couldn't be happier. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Such a fabulous day! Every single person at your wedding was a phenomenal guest! You and Chris are both so lucky to have so many great people in your lives. Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding day!

Allen · Married on 09/02/2017

I cannot speak highly enough about the interactions I had with Michael during the entire wedding process. From Day 1, Michael went out of his way to ensure that our special day was exactly that - OUR special day! He was extremely patient with us, taking the time to ask relevant questions while providing us with meaningful advice on what things could look like. What I appreciated most was how Michael was able to balance our vision/ “wish list” with his own style. The end result was a perfect representation of what my Bride and I are all about! On a personal note: Michael is a really really nice guy, professional, highly experienced, and accessible! He was able to make us feel like we were the only clients he had; everything was catered to us. Thank you Michael, I would recommend you’re services to everyone!

David · Married on 08/12/2017

Words can't describe how great Michael was. Truly, one of the nicest people you will meet and an absolute pleasure to work with. Most importantly, Michael and his 2nd photographer took amazing photos! We've received so many compliments on them and my wife looks at them with joy daily.

We didn't have a day of planner or coordinator, but Michael kept us on time and helped keep everything moving along. We were able to take all of the pictures we wanted including incredible sunset photos that will take up spaces in the walls of our home for our lifetime.

We've been married 5 months now and as we've looked back on the expenses of our wedding the one thing we both agree on was that Michael was worth every penny. If you have the opportunity to work with Michael/Maine Coast Wedding Photography you will be extremely happy you did.

Thanks Michael for helping make our day so wonderful!
    Dave

Sent on 01/06/2018

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Dave, the two of you and all your friends and family made is such a spectacular day! Some of my favorite pictures of 2017 are still the ones of you in the marsh grass at sunset, you two look like fashion models! Thank you again for having me on board!

Tabitha · Married on 08/12/2017

Michael was an amazing photographer! We could not be happier with our engagement shoot and wedding photos. Everything was perfect-every special moment was captured beautifully. Michael kept us on an organized schedule that was not intrusive of our celebration while focusing on capturing all the specific photos we wanted. You could not ask for a better, more personable photographer. -Dave & Tabi DeWolfe

• LemonadeSprings

Sarah · Married on 08/05/2017

Michael made our day really special! He was fantastic to work with- extremely responsive to questions. His presence actually made the day better rather than took away from it like some photographers.
    Our photos- both the engagement session and the day of- were gorgeous!

Gabriel · Married on 08/02/2017

Michael Wilson is the consummate wedding photographer. He made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process from initial contact to the actual wedding day.
    He is truly talented and a rare gem! The wedding photos we received were simply amazing and his dedication and craft showed through the quality. You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Gabriel! Thank you so much, it was such a pleasure working with you and Jessdine! I loved sharing stories from NYC together!

Keagan · Married on 07/08/2017

Michael was a fantastic photographer to work with from start to finish. We are thrilled with the beautiful photos from our wedding! Michael was incredibly responsive to all of our questions through the planning process, and his cheerful and friendly attitude put us completely at ease on the day of our wedding. Michael also went above and beyond, researching some of the detailed parts of our ceremony and location beforehand to ensure that the best photos were captured. Can't recommend Maine Coast Wedding Photography enough to anyone looking for a photographer in Maine!

Clare · Married on 10/29/2016

I first met Michael at my sister's wedding. He was from Maine but was shooting the wedding in New Orleans. We were so intrigued by his kind nature and enjoyed speaking with him. I appreciated how enthusiastic he was about the occasion and was very impressed with how quickly he sifted through the countless family and wedding party pictures. I also noticed that he did not miss a beat and was always a part of the action getting priceless beautiful and candid shots. I was further impressed when we received the wedding photos. The images were beautiful and I especially appreciated the candid shots he managed to capture during the dancing portion of the evening. When my husband proposed to me we knew that we wanted Michael to shoot our wedding. Michael traveled from Maine to Southeast Louisiana and captured the best day of our lives and for that we are forever grateful.

Brianna · Married on 10/08/2016

Michael was fabulous in every aspect of photographing our wedding. From our initial conversation with him up to the very last detail, Michael was professional, caring, and considerate. He really wanted to get to know our style and take that into thought while photographing both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. All of my guests were really impressed with his work, and I am so fortunate to have worked with such a talented photographer!

Morgan · Married on 09/10/2016

We were very fortunate to have met & booked Michael early on in our wedding planning process. He is nothing short of incredible! All of our wedding guests commented on his experience, energy and charisma. His positivity and flexibility really helped shape our day! He was able to capture the whole "feel" of the event, which was what was most important to us. We really can't say enough great things about Michael!

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

I am grateful that you choose to get married in the mountains of Maine! It's hard to imagine a wedding guest list dancing harder than the dancing I saw at your wedding! Plus, vintage VW's will always make an excellent additional to any wedding.
  • W

William · Married on 09/03/2016

Michael is the most incredible photographer I have ever met and we were beyond blown away by his work. Michael is beyond kind and a pleasure to work with, incredibly friendly and handled so much on the day of our wedding phenomenally without stress at all and everyone remarked at how great he was in taking their pictures. In terms of his work its unmatched by any photographer I have ever seen do a wedding. He took incredible photos of our engagement and our wedding that were beyond the quality of any I have seen with any other wedding. We have not stopped getting compliments on our photos at how much of the day and evening's joy was captured perfectly with his shots. I cannot recommend Michael enough.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Those are some pretty incredible words! Thank you so much for this review and for being so easy to work with! You're also forgetting that great pictures require a great couple and you and Whitney were nothing short of amazing to work with!

Alyssa · Married on 08/05/2016

Michael Wilson was the most perfect photographer for our wedding. Honestly, I cannot say enough amazing things about him. Not only is he the warmest and most sincerely kind person I've met, but he genuinely loves what he does and it translates beautifully into his photos.

Photography was the most important aspect I wanted for our wedding, and I spent hours researching photographers for the task. Michael was the perfect fit. He has this unique blend of journalistic and candid artistic vision, and was exactly what we were looking for (and not to mention LGBT friendly, which was something I was looking for, too). Not only that, but he was so accommodating and was always easy to reach if we had questions. We easily negotiated a price and our own special package that fit our needs (part of that package was hiring a second photographer friend of his for a shorter amount of time, to capture more of the reception and dancing fun!).

And then, on the day of our wedding, Michael was a ninja—I mean that in the best way possible. I don't know how he captured all the pictures he did, and every single one, even the outtakes, are gorgeous. Everyone at the wedding enjoyed his presence, as he has this wonderful, joyful aura that just makes you smile.

I would highly, highly recommend Michael Wilson to anyone and everyone for their wedding. Our photos are breathtaking and I haven't stopped looking at them since we received them.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

This is so sweet! You and Kelsey were beyond enjoyable to work with. You were both so patient and willing to break away from dancing for a quick "must have" picture! Thank you for that! I will no doubt remember your wedding forever!

Ayumi · Married on 07/30/2016

Professional, without being stuffy. At ease and hilarious, without being inappropriate. Dynamic, without being contrived. We couldn't have imagined a better person for our wedding. He managed to capture personal, sweet moments without being awkward and intrusive. His compositions and sense of fun made the event look like a movie, except there were no disasters, and in fact, we had many, many people compliment us on both his easy demeanor and the quality of his work. Michael was prompt with communication, punctual, organized and delivered images in a minimum amount of time. We also appreciated his honesty about what might be cheesy, plus he was practical and realistic about what was doable. He was easy to work with and best of all, he's a "Yes Man", a guy who's willing to brainstorm about every idea with positivity, making this important event personal and special. If you're getting married on Mars, it's worth flying him out for it! Hands down, the best photographer around!!

Jerrica · Married on 07/23/2016

Michael was such an amazing photographer, if I could give him ten stars I would. He had many challenges to overcome on our wedding day such as a hail storm, and two camera shy subjects. He made us feel so comfortable. Michael is dedicated, talented and flexible. Everyone from our wedding raved about him. Our photos are unlike any other wedding photos I've ever seen.

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

I have always said that hail makes pictures more dramatic! It should also be noted that you two picked the COOLEST venue ever!

Jim · Married on 06/12/2016

There could not be a more attentive, energetic, meticulous and kindly photographer to help you record a major event. Michael is colossally thoughtful and engaged and shines extra light on any wedding. We could not have been more thrilled with or grateful for his work.

Maine Coast Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you Jim! It was such a pleasure with with both of you!

megan · Married on 06/12/2016

It was an absolute pleasure to have Michael, with his laid-back vibe and friendly demeanor, there on our wedding day. And his work is sensational.

Devon · Married on 06/11/2016

Michael was laid back and listened to what we wanted in terms of style and timing. He was easy to work with and got our pictures back really fast. He also made a photo book for us, which came out great. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer.

Chris and Rachel · Married on 12/05/2015

When we got back from our honeymoon and started talking to our friends and family about our wedding, we weren't really expecting the reactions we got. The second thing out of people's mouths (after telling us they had a great time and such) was "I loved the photographer! He was so awesome!" Everybody raved about his boundless energy, positive attitude, and friendly demeanor. In particular, people who don't usually like being photographed commented that he put them at ease. And we can't blame them -- Michael is great and really knows how to shoot a wedding right.

When the group photos were happening, he happily took command, and when the focus was on us, he seemed to disappear -- exactly how it's supposed to work. We can't say enough about how awesome it was to have Michael do our wedding; we are so grateful to him for making everything better. He also did our engagement shoot as part of the package. Both sets of photos turned out so, so well. Truly a gentleman and an artist. Book him right now! Quick, before his schedule is full!

Scott · Married on 10/11/2015

As a person, Michael is warm and accommodating, easy-going and friendly. As a professional, he was above-and-beyond responsible and consistent - his price was fair and flexible, he came and checked out the venues with us well in advance of the wedding, and even walked the procession route again himself the day before. We worked out all the group and portrait shots ahead of time, which allowed us to not have to think about any of it in the chaos of the day. He's incredibly present and aware of how helpful it can be for him to take responsibility for capturing the day, instead of leaving it to the client.
    Artistically, we couldn't have hoped for a better photographer - the shots are natural and candid (even when posed), there are literally dozens of postcard-worthy photos, and he perfectly captured the magic we felt all day. The photos represent the people, the venues, and the emotions of the day, exactly as we remember them.
    I highly recommend Michael, without reservation.