Maile Lani Photography Reviews

31 | New Orleans, LA

31 Reviews for Maile Lani Photography

• User4980484 ·

Beautiful photography, great artist!

Monica · Married on 04/23/2018

Maile did our elopement photography in April and I couldn’t have been more pleased. She is so kind and very easy to talk to. The courthouse was running late for our appointment and she was so understanding and stayed a bit longer than our one hour session. She is also quick to reply back to e-mails and messages. We got all of our photos back a few weeks after our wedding and they were stunning! She captured the day beautifully and I would highly recommend her!

Juls · Married on 01/20/2018

Maile is AWESOME! She captured the best photos & has been so quick with getting everything back to me! I would 100% recommend using her for your wedding!!!!!!

Leah · Married on 10/06/2017

Maile is really amazing! With less than 28 hours notice, I had to shift my wedding 24 hours, and Maile made it work. She was in Nashville when I called her from New Orleans, and she just told me to let her know when I make the call to move the wedding, and she would hop in the car. Maile also helped me think through rain plans and even reached out to her wedding planning friend for ideas. Maile is so considerate and talented. She also took our engagement photos, and they are so beautiful, and we got them back within like a week and a half! I'm not sure what kind of expectations the people had on here that wrote the negative reviews, but I'm here to tell you as a type A bride who had to switch a wedding in 28 hours that Maile was super responsive, professional, and went above and beyond her role as a photographer.

Aoife · Married on 12/04/2015

Maile was fun, energetic and completely on top of things. She was neither intrusive nor did she miss a single moment. On the morning, she even helped get me into my dress, side stepping a stressful moment caused by a lace up bodice! Her photos are spectacular!

Cassi · Married on 06/11/2014

This woman knows her stuff!!! Highly recommend Maile for any type of photography needed. She made our experience the most previous we have ever had, completely turned it into an adventure we will never forget. Her creativity is brilliant and her personality is top notch. There is no way she will not make you smile!!

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2014

Working with Maile for our elopement photos was such a joy!

My husband and I traveled from Cleveland to New Orleans to elope on memorial day weekend and after VERY much research, we chose Maile as our photographer. She was absolutely fantastic through the entire process, from our first contact through the planning and especially on our elopement day. We both really enjoyed working with her.

Our pictures came out breathtaking. I was very worried after browsing the internet for wedding photographers that we would end up with the same old posed, wedding-y pictures that you see everywhere and, thanks to Maile, they were exactly the "different" feel we were looking for. She made the whole experience so comfortable (much more comfortable than I had anticipated).

To anyone who might be considering Maile for any kind of photos, take my advice that you will not be disappointed in your experience.

• W

Whitney · Married on 03/22/2013

Maile was a dream to work with! She is super creative and fun. I didn't want very posed photos. So, we were able to get the family photos done quickly and the rest of the night she took candids and I enjoyed my wedding. The photos are gorgeous and tell the story of my wedding. I couldn't be happier with them. I HIGHLY recommend Maile for any of your photography needs!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2011

Maile did both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photography, and she is amazing! She has a wonderful warm personality that makes taking photos easy for those like myself, which aren't the most comfy in front of a camera. Beyond that, her photographs are absolutely beautiful. There is no other photographer in the area that does wedding photojournalism in the style that she does. She is great, and probably the best investment we made in all of our wedding planning! You won't regret having Maile photograph your wedding!

Courtenay · Married on 04/16/2011

One of the most important things I wanted for our wedding was great photography, it is the best investment you can make for your wedding. I was searching tirelessly for the perfect wedding photographer that wasn't your run of the mill wedding photographer and came across Maile Lani's work. One word: Incredible! Her work is very different from most wedding photographers and if you are looking for something more artistic than posed and unnatural photos then Maile is your gal! She arrived right on time to our hotel and shot the most beautiful photos without people even noticing she was there. She even got amazing shots of our second line parade which I thought would be very difficult but she and her assistant were running along with the parade firing away amazing pics! Throughout the whole process she was very professional and friendly and her prices are very reasonable for the quality you get with her photos. Definitely suggest Maile Lani if you are looking for something more artistic and memorable than regular wedding photographer!

Kristen · Married on 03/12/2011

We loved our photographer from the time we met her! (She reminded me of one of my aunts). She has a very unique style and technical knowledge that put me at ease; I knew she would produce amazing photos that we would love. The pictures are amazing and beautiful, and the presentation was very thoughtful and cute!

Jill · Married on 11/10/2010

Maile made the whole experience wonderful! She was very easy to talk to and she knew all of the amazing things I would want to have pictures of and didn't realize it. I loved her personality and how well she was able to make the whole wedding party and all of the guest feel comfortable. I also love that after the wedding and after we received our photos my mom said that she didn't even see her during the service taking the pictures!! That's how well she blended in!! The photos themselves are amazing! I couldn't ask for better pictures of the most important day of my life!! I truly hope to find another occasion to have Maile take pictures for me again!!

Maile has a natural talent for seeing wonderful shots and taking amazing pictures!! I would suggest that anyone who wants great photos of their special day and to have a wonderful experience with their photographer use Maile Lani!!!! We absolutely LOVE her!!!

Michael · Married on 10/10/2010

We were looking for a photographer who would take pictures that didn't look like every other wedding pictures you've ever seen. We were really happy we went with Maile. Great pictures, that showed real personality. She was great to work with, very responsive and easy to talk to on the phone.

Also, and this was a big plus, her website didn't clober us with sappy music and slow loading Flash plugins. That was proof to us that she had a good idea of what people are looking for.

David · Married on 06/05/2010

Maile was FANTASTIC! When we first saw her work, we knew that we had found the photographer we were looking for. She has a wonderful style that really reflected the unique qualities of our event. We went with her digital + film package (we are huge fans of polaroid/holga photography) and the resulting collection of images really captures the textures, colors, emotions of being there. We HIGHLY recommend Maile!

brandy · Married on 05/29/2010

Maile is truly a WONDERFUL photographer. She's so much fun to work with, super easy to get in touch with, and she takes amazing pictures. I especially love how candid and natural our pictures turned out. She did a fantastic job of telling the story of our wedding day from start to finish. In all honesty, choosing Maile as our photographer was the very best wedding planning decision we made.

• O

Oscar · Married on 04/03/2010

When me and my bride to be began looking for a wedding photographer we quickly became frustrate at the absolute abysmal quality of photographers in our area.. Contrived posses, grainy resolutions, laughable editing, and not to mention ludicrously over priced for what your getting. What you getting being images that my uncle Sal can take with a 6 megapixel point and shoot..

But then we found Maile, a God send to say the absolute least. In a field were most "photographers" are amateurs who invested in a pricey SLR to make money of your big day, Maile is the real deal. As if her ability to take breathtaking, colorful, sharp and lush images with every "click" weren't enough. Ms. Maile Lani true talent is the ability to capture who you both (Bride and Groom) really are in a photo. You won’t find and uncomfortable face/expression, nor will you in any of your pictures an image where you'd say "That really doesn't look like us".

If you want a generic set of engagement/wedding pictures seek it elsewhere.. But if you desire is to have an album of photos that will tug your heart strings right back to the moment you said "I do", you will not find a better photographer than Maile Lani.

Oh and a side note for the grooms.. It's an awesome feeling to know that your best man's wedding pics couldn't hold a candle to yours.

Monica · Married on 01/15/2010

Maile was so amazing! Her creativity was inspiring it made the shoot cool and different but still classic as well. She is up for anything, even standing in the middle of a railroad track just for a great picture. Her passion and knowledge of wedding makes her really fun and easy to work with! She is a true romantic! I hope she moves to Chicago so I can use her talent for years to come.

Tricia · Married on 12/05/2009

Maile is fabulous! Not only was she flexible and extra pleasant to work with, she delivered breathtaking photos of our intimate wedding. Her skills and personality make her the total package for a creative wedding photographer.

Jaime · Married on 06/20/2009

Maile, you were awesome! I love my pictures.

Rebecca · Married on 03/26/2016

I am in love with our wedding pictures! I admit my search came from google, and her site was at the top of the list. I researched awhile longer and kept coming back to her aesthetic. I don't prefer brightly lit, flashy bridal pictures and with our outdoor ceremony and reception, I was drawn to her photographs of similar ceremony's. She has a softer, more romantic style which appealed most to me. She was very helpful and easy to get along with. I would make two suggestions, have specific photos you'd like to have taken discussed - I didn't do this and thus didn't get a couple photos with guests that I had ran out of time to visit with. Also, use her talents to your benefit - get more time with her! I figured that being an older bride with a very small wedding party, we didn't need "getting ready" shots, or keep her past our scheduled reception time thought the party continued for hours after. I am at fault for little communication and not booking her longer. We got a set of teaser pictures to ogle over until the whole wedding was ready and I'm looking forward to gifting photos for the holidays to family. She was a lot of fun :)

Emily · Married on 07/15/2010

Maile was so good at making us comfortable! She kept us laughing the entire time and our photos came out great as a result. So many smiles! Taking photos with her was one of the highlights of our wedding. :)

Megan · Married on 04/25/2015

I met Maile at the Knot Wedding and instantly fell in love with the soft, vintage look of her photos. We met with and booked a short time later. I had a bridal shoot a couple months before the wedding, and the day of she spent 7 hours with us. She was fun, energetic and a dream to work with. She captured our day perfectly and we have the most beautiful photos! Thank you Maile!!

Rebekah · Married on 06/26/2010

Working with Maile is super fun. She's creative and willing to do whatever to get the shot. She is artistic and perfect if you're looking for something interesting in your wedding pictures. She did a great job capturing moments - and I just wish we'd had her for longer!!

Her turn-around time for the photo CD was GREAT and the sneak-peek that she does the same day was amazing. I'd recommend her in a heartbeat.

Rachel · Married on 02/20/2016

I loved her! My friends and family loved her! My now husband (who is not a picture person) loved her! Maile was a joy to work with during our engagements, my bridals, and especially our wedding. She was great a making everyone feel comfortable in front of her lens and was amazing at getting our pictures to us in a very timely manner! (like within the next week fast!!) I would also like to point out that I had many people tell me they loved how she got such AMAZING shots of the wedding but it never felt like she was in your way! She does travel a lot and so it was a bit difficult to set dates for some of our sessions because we were often out of town as well, but in the end it all worked out really well with the weather so I'm not complaining! :D Overall Maile was amazing to work with and her work is TO. DIE. FOR!! If you want someone to capture the big and little moments of your love shes the girl to get it done!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/15/2011

Maile is amazing! Her photos are beautiful. If you want to move past the cookie cutter, posed photos she is definitely the photographer for you. I love all of our photos. She is very fun to work with and was super efficient on the day of our wedding. The finished products are gorgeous. I love them.