Magnolia Plantation and Gardens Reviews

Magnolia Plantation and Gardens 5
  • Cassandra

Cassandra Amundson · Getting married on 07/24/2019

So romantic!

Wow. Simply stunning. I love the mansion porch area to do cocktail hour & the pond, swamp area by the iconic bridge. An amazing place to get married

• Lauren

Lauren Schwartz · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing!

We had a such wonderful experience at Magnolia Plantation and Gardens! We were planning our wedding from Philadelphia, and couldn't ask for more a helpful team to work with throughout the planning process. From our initial tour of the entire plantation and venue space, we had a great experience on site and with the staff. The Magnolia team provided us with an amazing list of vendors who were familiar with the venue, and were there to provide more recommendations along the way. When we decided to book the Carriage House for our wedding, we were happy to find out that an outdoor ceremony site was also included, as well as use of the entire plantation for photos, and a bridal suite. We got married on the grounds of the Carriage House this past October and couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect day. The grounds provide such an AMAZING backdrop for photographs and a wedding ceremony! We are so overwhelmed thinking back to how beautiful our wedding was.

Nakia · Married on 08/16/2018

We eloped with just us and our two girls but the plantation staff still pulled out all the stops! Each spot is more beautiful than the next on the plantation so you can’t go wrong with location or pictures. Beautiful bridal suit also made getting ready convenient and fun!

Magnolia Plantation and Gardens 6

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2018

The Carriage House at Magnolia Plantation is an absolute dream! Leanza was great to work with and we highly recommend this venue and team!!

Kristen Mcmanness · Married on 05/27/2018

Loved our Carriage House wedding!

This venue was exactly what we envisioned for our wedding. The grounds are breathtaking and the carriage house is beautiful and homey at the same time. We had terrible storms on our wedding day and were so thankful to have chosen the carriage house. We had the options of moving the ceremony to the porch or inside, we chose inside and it was a beautiful, intimate ceremony. We had about 70 people at our wedding and the space was setup to feel intimate but not empty. We were still able to take advantage of the grounds and walked around in the rain for some fun and amazing pictures. Leanza was great to work with throughout the process, always responsive to our random questions.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2018

I had my wedding at Magnolia Plantation at their Veranda location and COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER! The location is one you won't get anywhere else. I was planning a destination wedding and immediately fell INLOVE with the venue upon visiting. Simply put, it's gorgeous, myself and my guests were blown away. Even with the rain, my day could not have been anymore perfect! Even when taking pictures Leanza helped drive us around on their trolley which I was not expecting! I don't think you can get a more beautiful venue in Charleston (and at a very reasonable price!)

Samantha · Married on 03/22/2018

Words can’t express how amazing our wedding was and how wonderful the experience was working with Magnolia Plantation and Gardens!!! Our wedding and photos look like we came out of a fairytale and the photos and ambiance you can’t get anywhere else! I am so overwhelmed thinking back to how beautiful our wedding was. We were lucky enough to have the Azaleas in bloom which was incredible, but what is so nice about this venue is that rain or shine the pictures will look incredible! I worked with Leanza a lot and she was amazing to work with and helped accommodate our wedding beyond what I could have imagined! I can’t recommend Magnolia Plantation enough!!!

Nicole · Married on 02/17/2018

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!! The Carriage House is absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing!

Hannah · Married on 07/22/2017

We couldn't have made a better selection for a venue! Magnolia Plantation was the most beautiful venue we toured and we knew we had to have it the moment we saw it. I was stressed about planning a destination wedding but everything turned out amazing!

Janet · Married on 07/22/2017

We had a great experience at Magnolia! They were very accommodating and great communication throughout our entire planning process. My guests were amazed by the beauty of the grounds, we even had peacocks show up for the reception :) . I loved everything about magnolia plantation!

Amber · Married on 07/16/2017

Edson and I just had our wedding at the Carriage house on Sunday! We LOVED THE VENUE! Our guests were in awe! We loved the interior of the Carriage House and being alongside the Ashley River with the torches lit at night! The venue itself is beautiful and a dream come true! We are so glad we chose this for our wedding! It was perfect!!! We can't wait to see pictures! Thanks to the amazing staff!

Emma · Married on 05/28/2017

Magnolia Plantation was exactly what I was looking for in a wedding venue - romantic, lush, and full of natural beauty. It was the first venue we visited, and it was an immediate decision. We chose the carriage house for the rustic feel of the indoor area and gorgeous lawn with the iconic oaks and spanish moss. We even had some peacocks join the party, which were a huge hit. The bridal suite was a great convenience, as well as being able to ride on the golf cart for different photo locations. Our guests also got to have free admission to the Gardens throughout the whole wedding weekend, which is nice for out of town guests. If you are considering the Carriage House, just know that you will have to bring in everything separately - tables, chairs, decorations, catering, day-of-coordinator - which took more coordination but for us was totally worth it! I am so happy that I went with my gut and had my perfect wedding at Magnolia Plantation.

Holly · Married on 04/02/2017

Amazing venue!! Breathtaking scenery and friendly staff! Our fairytale came to life when we chose Magnolia as our place to say "i do!" It truly is one of the most romantic places on earth! The azaleas and gorgeous mossy oaks make a picture perfect backdrop, not to mention the gorgeous bridges for photos! Thank you for the memories and a lifetime destination that we will visit annually!

Kristen · Married on 02/26/2017

Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is everything and more! When I got engaged I searched several venues but my heart always led me back to Magnolia Plantation. As soon as we were able to tour the different sites on Magnolia we were both sold. Both Cindy and Leanzea are so helpful and the grounds are simply gorgeous!! My fiancé and I cannot wait to get married under the beautiful oaks next to the Carriage House!

Meagan · Married on 02/24/2017

Beautiful place to get married just because of the amazing surroundings. The office staff were easy to work with and quick to respond to emails!

Katie · Married on 11/19/2016

My husband and I were married at the Carriage House last month. The setting could not have been more beautiful. It provides the feel of an intimate ceremony but has the space for over 100 people. We loved that our ceremony and reception was all in one place too! We had more time to spend with our guests this way. Awesome venue - highly recommend to anyone!

Campbell · Married on 11/18/2016

One of the most important decisions you make, and we couldn't have picked a better venue. They were so great to work with and it could not have been a more beautiful venue. Also made for great pictures. I would advise booking this venue right away as their availability is limited.

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/30/2016

The venue is as beautiful as you could possibly imagine. No additional services are included (catering/planning/lighting/etc) but as far as a beautiful scenery, you will never find anything better. It's reasonably priced (although I think prices are going up) and it's unique. I had my wedding in front of the white bridge and the reception was on the veranda. There is a tiny set up window so not much decorating can really be done. We couldn't start setting up until 3 with a wedding start time of 5. The mosquitoes were out of hand due to Hurricane Matthew but we had someone come spray the ground to help and brought tons of bug spray. Also, understandably there a quite a few rules about what you can use and not use at the wedding. (after all it is a historical sight and a public garden). Overall, the staff was helpful and very easy to work with. The pictures are beyond gorgeous and if I could do it again, I'd do it the same. We came all of the way from Arkansas to get married here and it was truly a fairy tale wedding.

• Samantha Ferguson

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2016

Magnolia's carriage house was the perfect venue for our out of town wedding. We visited in the spring to see a few venues in Charleston and Magnolia definitely stood out as our favorite. Choosing between the carriage house and the conservatory was tough because they are both gorgeous. In the end, the carriage house was the right choice. We had an al fresco reception under the big oak tree with twinkling string lights and it was absolutely magical. The venue is just so versatile! The staff was also great and super helpful.

Probably the most beautiful place in the Lowcountry. My daughters wedding was magical and breathtakingly gorgeous. Staff was friendly and super helpful. Everything went off without a problem.

Julie · Married on 09/13/2016

My husband and I eloped to Charleston, SC from Canada this past September and chose Magnolia Plantation and Gardens as our ceremony venue. The staff were SO accommodating and welcoming and the plantation is absolutely breathtaking, even in the pouring rain! We had a wonderful time exploring the beautiful grounds while having our photos taken here and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

Kayla · Married on 08/05/2016

I absolutely love this plantation! We were lucky and had the plantation to our selves the day of our wedding and were able to go to some beautiful locations on the property for pictures. Everyone kept talking about how beautiful the carriage house and surrounding area was and how much it added to the wedding. The staff made everything easy and really helped make our day special.

Margie · Married on 07/16/2016

What a magnificent venue for a wedding reception on the veranda. Thank you, Jessica Cruz. Our guests really enjoyed the tram tour of the beautiful gardens while the bridal pictures were being taken. Thank you for your help in planning my daughters wedding .

cathy · Married on 05/21/2016

My daughter's wedding was a destination held in May,2016. We looked at a lot of places and this was one of the most beautiful and breathtaking! Was held on the Veranda and was truly magnificent.