Maggie Speaks Reviews

Maggie Speaks 6
Maggie Speaks 7

Carolyn Bayens-Mckee · Married on 07/27/2019

Maggie Speaks ROCKS!!!

Maggie Speaks was INCREDIBLE. We were absolutely blown away by the talent, kindness, and energy these guys and gals brought to our wedding reception. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. You have to hire them. They are worth every penny and you will NOT regret it!!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Maggie Speaks's reply:

Carolyn, First let me say...playing at Thalia Hall...AMAZING. What a great venue for a wedding and what a way to do something different for your guests. It felt like a great concert feel the entire night and your guests danced the night away, which made us feel great. Glad we could get a couple of special moments in there for Matt's parents as well. It was truly an honor to play for you both and we hope to see you again soon at a show.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2019

Unbelievable.

Enough Said was organized, professional and responsive. They were extremely easy to work with and most of all, provided us with a lot of comfort that they knew what they were doing.

On the night of the weddding, their performance was unbelievable. Every single guest was dancing - the floor was packed all night! We had multiple people tell us the band was the best they had ever heard. They were energetic, incredible singers and musicians and kept the crowd engaged all night.

I would HIGHLY recommend Enough Said. We were thrilled with their performance. They made our entire wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Carol Keegan · Married on 07/19/2019

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Enough Said. Hire them. They are fantastic! Definitely the wild card worry for our wedding day (because we had never heard them play before), but the hands-down greatest surprise. Did I say? They are FANTASTIC! The dance floor was full all night long. Their breaks were so few and so short I didn't even notice that they took any; and we received many, many comments on how great they are. They definitely set the tone for an incredible wedding atmosphere. And bonus: James is so easy to work with and incredibly responsive. Our wedding worry turned into wedding wonder! Enough Said!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Carol,

Thanks so much for your kind words. It was really an honor to be part of your big day! Please don't be a stranger and come out and see us again if you have the opportunity!
  • Ally

Ally Nicol · Married on 06/08/2019

Best Night of Our Lives

Maggie Speaks made our wedding the best night of our lives. I was on "team DJ" all through planning our wedding, but I said that if we could find a band that could do justice to my favorite female popstars, that we could hire them. Maggie Speaks knocked it out of the park. Everyone we've talked to after our wedding has said that Maggie Speaks was the best wedding band they've ever seen. We had around 180 guests attend our wedding at the Adler Planetarium, and I swear everyone was up dancing the entire night. The band even learned two of my favorite songs that weren't already on their set list. This is the easiest review I'll write. Thank you, Maggie Speaks!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Maggie Speaks's reply:

Thanks Ally - you and your friends and family made it super fun for us too! Wishing you all the best!
  • Dave

Dave Lewis · Married on 05/26/2019

Final Say ROCKS!!!

We are so glad we chose Final Say for our wedding. Robby and the band did a fantastic job and were a joy to work with throughout, from the pre-wedding planning through the entire wedding weekend experience. They even learned an off-setlist song that we requested and let me (the groom) play drums with the band on that song, AND they provided backup percussion for a rap that the bride's father did as his wedding speech. Robby was an excellent MC; super flexible, tuned into the mood of the crowd, and accommodating of all our requests. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, their performance was AMAZING - high energy, fun, and a blast to dance to. We got rave reviews from all our wedding guests and everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. If you're considering other bands, stop, and go with Final Say or another Mag Events group. You won't be sorry. :)

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Miller · Married on 05/25/2019

Highlight of the Reception!

Hiring Maggie Speaks for our wedding reception was the best decision we made! They kept our friends and family on the dance floor all night long. We had an East Coast Style wedding with short dance sets between dinner courses. We were a little nervous about how our guests would react to this non-traditional flow, but thanks to Maggie Speaks it was a hit! They read the crowd and knew exactly what to play to get everyone out of their seats (even our grandparents :) ) My husband surprised our guests by playing a song on guitar with the band. Maggie Speaks was so flexible and accommodating with this special request. They truly helped make our wedding the best day ever! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Maggie Speaks 8
    Maggie Speaks 9
    Maggie Speaks 10
    Maggie Speaks 11
    Maggie Speaks 12

Brian C · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Wedding Band!

Words don’t do it justice. Spoken Four was incredible! They made our wedding so much fun. The dance floor was packed all night. Between all of our friends and family, we heard nothing but positive reviews and stories of just how much fun and great the band was. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kim

Kim Oremus Hanson · Married on 05/11/2019

Kim Hanson

There are no words to adequately sum up the amazing performances of Maggie Speaks and David Calzaretta during the entire weekend of my daughter’s May wedding ! From the rehearsal dinner, to the evening of the wedding and on to the brunch the morning after the wedding, Dave and his band provided a custom mix of truly powerful, non stop music - no performance was the same, all unique and equally spectacular. The rehearsal dinner gave a glimpse into what was to come at the wedding itself- the dance floor at the Drake was packed all night. The brunch music was perfect - a lovely acoustic performance that was just what we all needed. I can honestly say that it was a weekend our guests are still talking about, an unforgettable experience. David Calzaretta is a true professional, he leaves nothing to chance. Maggie Speaks has been our family’s “ go to” band for many memorable occasions, and Dave really holds a special
    place in the hearts of all he meets !

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel Cummings · Married on 05/11/2019

The Perfect Soundtrack to Our Big Day!

We cannot say enough about how much we loved working with Maggie Speaks! They wedding would not have been nearly as special or memorable without their music - they provided different arrangements to fit the different moods of the event (from lighter mood music during cocktails to classic and elegant at the reception to throwing an epic dance party for the later hours). Dave provided unparalleled direction and customization with our playlist, ensuring we heard the songs special to us and our family and was sure to avoid any songs or artists we didn't want to hear. They coordinated with our other vendors and kept the night on schedule through so many moving parts. More than one guest in attendance said they wanted to throw parties in the near future, simply to have an excuse to work with Maggie Speaks. And every musician we spoke with was incredibly gracious and kind, we enjoyed just having them in attendance as people, let alone the fantastic musicianship. I cannot speak highly enough about their professionalism and the quality they bring - no matter the size or style of the wedding, they will far exceed your needs and expectations.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Jackie · Married on 12/15/2018

Best band ever

Unbelievable. There are no words to describe how perfect Enough Said was for our wedding night this past December. Working with James was a breeze, as he responded quickly to my e-mails, took my recommendations for playing songs we wanted to hear, and even let mine and my husbands dad come on stage for a special performance of "Soul Man." Seriously, we still have people texting and calling us saying it was the best wedding band they have ever seen. Hiring Enough Said was the best choice we made for our wedding, hands down. I wish we could dance over and over with them. Thank you, Enough Said. You guys are truly incredible.

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Brielle

Brielle · Married on 11/03/2018

FInal Say- Phenomenal Performance- Dance Floor Packed All Night

Final Say performed at my wedding- we had the 10 piece band. They were absolutely phenomenal!!!! I have been to a number of weddings with bands who had good voices, but their energy wasn’t there.
    I wanted a band with outstanding vocals and high high energy. This is Final Say. The lead singers, Robby and Morgen, are beyond amazing. Their vocals, dance moves and energy in unmatchable. My dance floor was packed all night and they really know how to read the audience. This
    Was a Jewish wedding and they did a phenomenal Hora. Guests said it was the best hora they have experienced. I asked for three singers and I was nervous that the third singer may not match Morgen and Robby’s energy and vocals and boy I was wrong! She was absolutely phenomenal and fit right in. After the wedding I received emails and texts with guests saying how wonderful the band was, and requesting their information. Additionally, it was wonderful to work the Robby before the wedding. My mother and I had many questions and requests, and he was patient, helpful and brought up great ideas we never considered. He took the time to take multiple calls with us to ensure we were happy. We did an East Coast Style wedding which is when the band plays throughout the evening and for
    More time and I absolutely recommend it. While it is more expensive it is worth it and Final Say nailed it. I could go on and on. But final point- BOOK THEM! You won’t regret it.

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Carolanne

Carolanne · Married on 10/13/2018

We just got married last night - I loved Spoken Four so much (and I've gotten so many compliments from guests about them) that I wanted to write this review ASAP.

Working with Spoken Four before the wedding was a breeze. Domingo is so quick to respond to emails, answers questions, clarifies concerns, it's very stress-free (which is exactly what you want for a wedding vendor). He was fantastic about special requests for dinner music and breaks between sets, both pre-planned and last minute additions.

On the day-of, things went so smoothly from cocktail hour to the last song. When the band was playing, the dance floor was absolutely packed. Aside from the obvious phenomenal talent of the band, my guests loved how interactive the band members were with everyone on the dance floor. It made the whole night feel more personal and intimate. I can't recommend Spoken Four enough, they added an element to our wedding that was leagues above your average wedding band.

Sent on 10/14/2018

Eemahn Haralelli · Married on 10/13/2018

Maggie Speaks - University Club of Chicago Wedding 10/13

Maggie Speaks came and performed at our wedding on October 13th at the University Club in Chicago and it's all anyone has talked about since that night! They played a wide variety of songs and had the dance floor PACKED from start to finish. We've been to a ton of weddings and usually the dance floor clears out because people can lose interest after a while, but this literally never happened even once at our wedding. Dave, Nicole, Antar, Shawn and the rest of the band absolutely killed it. They played something for just about everyone and catered their set completely for us. Whether it was the older people who wanted to hear classics or the younger crowd that wanted to hear rap and current pop songs, they played it all and I can honestly say that we still have people telling us about how amazing of a time they had.

Despite the band being on the road and performing shows constantly every week, they still made time for us to not only hear out all of our questions and concerns via phone/email, but they were incredibly responsive as well. That made us feel very good and solidified our choice to go with them. Shawn took the time to work with us and made us feel incredibly comfortable about any potential issues or questions that would come up at any given moment. I think when you're planning a wedding it's important to not only hire talented vendors that put great work together, but also to hire vendors that have a professional work ethic and work with you every step of the way. We definitely feel that we had that.

For these two reasons I strongly recommend going with Maggie Speaks for your wedding. Not only will they keep you dancing the ENTIRE night, but they are so nice and wonderful to work with. When I think back on our special night I can't help but smile thinking about all of our friends and family on the same dance floor having the time of their lives. We definitely have them to thank for that!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Claire · Married on 08/11/2018

Danced All Night At Our Own Wedding

Maggie Speaks played at our wedding (Notre Dame, IN). Coordinating with them was easy and seamless. I am an engineer and asked many questions, and not once were they annoyed. They catered to our personal requests for our first dance and calmed any lingering fears I had before the wedding. They have done this many times before, and that shows. They were fun to work with! Not only are they amazing musicians, but they bring a lot of energy to their music and clearly love what they do. They are skilled at keeping everyone on their feet (all ages). We wanted a band that could connect with all ages, and they delivered! We danced the whole night and our guests did too! They are everything they say they are and more!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Alex · Married on 07/20/2018

Enough Said performed at my wedding on 7/20 and it was everything we were hoping for and more! Our goal from the beginning was to have a packed dance floor and that's exactly what happened. Absolutely the best part of our wedding night was the band!

Everything from the very first contact all the way through the performance was professional and impressive! We are STILL getting compliments on how great the band was. I know a band is more expensive than a DJ but trust me, if you are looking to have a full dance floor and dancing guests, Enough Said is the way to go!!

Thank you guys for everything!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Steve/Debbie · Married on 06/29/2018

Final Say had our wedding reception dancing the night away with their dynamic vocals and excellent sounds. The bride and groom gave them a play list of desired music, and they played every song so well that the dance floor never cleared all night. From the assistance with the sound for the ceremony, through the MC for the early events in the reception, to the fabulous music, Final Say did it all very successfully! It was a thrill to have this live band of professional entertainers as a part of the wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2018

Final Say performed at our wedding on June 29, 2018 and they were ON FIRE!!!! So many guests remarked that they were the best wedding band they had ever seen, and we agreed! There were people on the dance floor literally all night. Their music unites generations, and they know how to keep things saucy without making anyone uncomfortable. They bring so much energy and passion to their work, and are incredibly versatile. We were truly blown away. Robby MC'd our wedding reception, and did a stellar job. He kept things rolling and on track. The band was extremely professional and able to navigate unexpected hick-ups, like when our meal ran longer than expected and threw our wedding schedule off. We felt comforted that Robby and his team had it covered. I cannot recommend them enough for your event. They were truly amazing. Thanks, Final Say!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Charlotte · Married on 06/16/2018

Final Say was the absolute right choice for our wedding. We went to see a good handful of bands, even dropping in on some weddings, and left them feeling disappointed. With Final Say, we saw immediately how their vocals, energy, and overall musical talent got everyone up and dancing. We wanted a great party for our wedding and they delivered. After the wedding it seemed everyone would not stop talking about how great of a job the band did, and that it was the best wedding they had been to. Robby was the point of contact for getting everything organized for the day of the wedding and the MC. We had all our questions answered before the wedding and felt that he kept the reception moving on time with the introductions, speeches, and first dances. They are entertaining, fun, and professional. HIRE THEM!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Ronda Rotnicki · Married on 06/09/2018

Maggie Speaks with The Talk of the Town 6/9/18

We couldn't have had a better band than, Maggie Speaks! We had the full 15 piece band (Maggie Speaks w/ the Talk of the Town)! AMAZING!!!!
    The dance floor was packed the entire night. They were professional and so fun!!! All of our family and friends kept asking us where we found them. We were so fortunate to have them!!! Everyone was talking about our reception for weeks! They made our night so memorable.
    We worked with Shawn, corresponding through emails, choosing our 'must have' songs and our, 'please don't play these' songs. It was a pleasure working with him!
    We highly recommend Maggie Speaks with Talk of the Town!!!!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Jackie · Married on 06/01/2018

Spoken Four was the perfect band for our wedding!! They were beyond professional, fun, and played AMAZING music. Thank you so much Spoken Four! Everyone raved about the music all night! We had a perfect night thanks to you all! I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

We worked with Spoken Four, one of the groups within Maggie Speaks for our wedding this past April. They truly exceeded our expectations! Domingo worked with me before the wedding to come up with our music preferences, schedule for the evening, and announcements. The group was so talented, and kept people on the dance floor the entire night! They had fun with the crowd, and made sure there was good variety of music for all ages. We got many compliments from our friends and family about how great they were. I would highly recommend them and plan to go see another one of their shows in the future!

Sent on 05/04/2018
  • User3379326 · 1+ year ago

I originally heard Maggie Speaks at a bar in Naperville and could not get them out of my head. Two years later, they were my first pick for the band for my wedding. Everyone loved them. They are so fun; extraordinarily talented; and keep you and your guests partying all night long. I would recommend them for any big event.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Vicky · Married on 11/18/2017

I just wanted to thank Spoken Four for an amazing performance! Everyone at our wedding could not stop raving about you guys, including Doug and I. We couldn't have had a more perfect day. :)

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/01/2017

Maggie Speaks performed at our wedding and it was perfect. I really honestly mean perfect. Having them took our wedding to a whole new level and got everyone on the dance floor! We continue to get compliments to this day. I would suggest them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Maggie Speaks's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! It was our pleasure and honor to be part of your celebration.