Madres Kitchen Reviews

8 | Seattle, WA

8 Reviews for Madres Kitchen

Tareva · Married on 08/05/2017

Madres was the best. The food at my wedding was the most important part to me, and Madres delivered. I was very particular about the type of food I wanted to be served at my wedding, and Madres came up with a fantastic menu taking everything I wanted into consideration. We had a pre-wedding tea, a cocktail hour, a 3-course dinner, dessert bar, and late night snacks. Madres was able to accommodate all our food requests and even last minute menu changes. Their team is professional and exceptional. Most of all the food was beyond this world. People are still telling me how much the loved the food at my wedding. I can't talk them enough for making my day so special. If you're looking for a caterer who will take your wedding to the next level then use Madres Kitchen.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Madres Kitchen provided delicious, wonderful locally sourced food which was expertly displayed and served at both my wedding last fall, and at my daughter's wedding which was held at a private home. Regardless of venue, their service was fantastic. Everyone I had contact with was professional and personable. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/19/2016
  • User6196657 · 2+ years ago

Madres Kitchen is very creative and patient. They provided a lot of support helping us purchase our alcohol and general event management. At the last minute, the rental company changed and Madres spent extra time figuring out the switch. The day of, Madres was incredibly friendly to our guests and SO organized. The event (at the Center for Urban Horticulture) went off without a hitch. They know the venue incredibly well and helped us to make the space fit and feed 200 people comfortably.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Dr · Married on 05/24/2015

Madres kitchen catered our wedding reception at our church. They are amazing! It's impossible to imagine a better outcome, or reception -- as many of our guests have told us! Heather and Kristen worked closely with us in the weeks leading up to our wedding to plan venue, schedule, and menus. They also coordinated with the church reception staff, taking that responsibility off our shoulders. (And we had plenty of other wedding planning to do!) They gave us a clear, detailed price estimate, and worked with us to fit it in our budget. They stuck to that estimate -- no surprises! Before, during, and after the reception, Madres Kitchen ran everything like clockwork. Set-up ready on time; appetizers, buffet, and cake on schedule; clean up quick and thorough at the end. MOST IMPORTANT their food is FANTASTIC! High-quality, fresh, tasty, creative -- lots of the (150+) attendees have raved about the quality of food and service at our reception. And several have asked for a referral to our caterer, which we are more than happy to give out. We can't recommend Madres Kitchen highly enough. Choose them and your wedding day, like ours, will be perfect. :)

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • Zulander

Whitney · Married on 07/01/2017

Madre's does an amazing job! My husband is Colombian and we were hoping to incorporate his culture into our wedding, and we thought what better way than food. Since we were also hoping for organic and local food, we thought this might be a tall order. Madre's was one of the first places that I contacted and they were so excited to help with our Colombian inspired meal. Plus, local, organic, and woman owned? Yes please! At the tasting, we were blown away! They nailed every dish they made. And they did not disappoint on the wedding day. It was seriously some of the best food I've had, at either a wedding or restaurant. They also made our pies and mini strawberry shortcakes, since we didn't have a wedding cake. The strawberry rhubarb pie was to die for. My wedding guests couldn't stop raving all night about the food.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Tyler · Married on 09/04/2016

We took a long time - a few months and 4 tastings – to decide on our caterer. In the end, the decision was easy, and we never had cause to regret it. We worked with Osiris long-distance – we live in Portland and got married in Seattle – and she was patient, pleasant, and thorough, with great communication via both email and phone.

We wanted salmon. We didn’t want dessert. We wanted more appetizers and vegan appetizers. Frankly, we couldn’t have been the easiest couple! But Osiris and team made us feel accommodated and listened to every step of the way.

On the day of, Madres brought refreshments – water and a delicious rosemary lemonade – several blocks from our reception venue to the ceremony site. Thus began the “ooh”s and “ahh”s that wouldn’t end for weeks after the wedding. We made sure to get a taste of everything during the night and were completely satisfied. So were our guests. Clean plates abounded, even at the kids’ table. (They made mac and cheese.) Lines at the bar didn’t get too long, our family-style service was prompt (one table was briefly left out, but those guests made a quick fuss and were immediately served), and the distribution of food was great.

If we were to ever get married again, we’d go right back to Madres. We recommend them without reservation. If you want to know more, feel free to message us.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Sara · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I had a very good experience working with Madres Kitchen's manager, coordinators and catering staff. The dishes prepared by the chef(s) were so flavorful, unique and seasonally fresh. We received a great deal of positive feedback from our wedding guests. We loved the originality in the reception dishes they offered (not the typical fare, which sets them apart). Also, the catering staff was top notch and professional and quite accommodating. Kristen and Osiris were terrific to work with in the planning and tailoring of our menu. Do yourself a favor and check out this company! Better yet, choose them for your special event--you won't be sorry. --SO

Sent on 10/09/2016
  • Tamara

Tamara · Married on 08/27/2016

3.5

Excellent food and servers but the price of catering seemed inflated! The sales rep who drafted our proposal(s) for a heavy apps menu and our main point of contact was the main frustration for us. We were unsatisfied with the length of time it took her to respond to our questions and she didn't seem to take our concerns very seriously. Also, one of the dishes at our wedding wasn't served as it was agreed upon in our contract. Ultimately, great food but not great customer service by any means.

Sent on 09/27/2016