34 Reviews for Madonna Inn

Buffet (1)
Stations (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
34 Madonna Inn Reviews

I do think that the price I paid for my wedding was good. My wedding was great and we are all happy, but I would not say that is thanks to Madonna Inn’s staff. My other vendors and guests made all the difference, but I’d say Madonna overpromised and underdelivered in some aspects.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cake, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Madonna Inn was the perfect venue for our wedding reception! Nicole and Madison were very accommodating, professional, and super sweet! They worked with us when we wanted to customize one of the wedding banquet packages. Communicating via email was super easy since my husband and I do not live in the Central Coast. Many of our guests have never been to the Madonna Inn, so they had a good time at the reception, as well as, their respective hotel rooms. The banquet staff during the reception were some of the nicest people we've ever worked with. They were quick with service, and kept the communication open between us, the photographer, and the DJ! I'm so glad that we booked the Madonna Inn - it was the perfect choice.

Profile Picture Kathrine, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables

Amazing experience! Thank you Madison and the other ladies who answered all of my questions promptly during the "freak out" period 2-3 months before my wedding. The food was great, the venue was beautiful and ornate. I have no complaints, everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Ami, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor

I really enjoyed having both my wedding and reception at the Madonna Inn. I had a Disney themed wedding and it worked beautifully with the theme. My favorite aspects of the venue is that I was able to have my wedding outside in a beautiful grass courtyard in front of a pond and later having my reception inside in the Venetian room. The Madonna Inn does a great job of offering flexible and reasonable package options that you can customize to your budget. The staff was quick and worked like a well oiled machine. The online minor struggle is their policy on setting up prior to the event. Unfortunately, they do allow other events to book your space prior to the wedding. Meaning if someone wanted to book the room for a meeting from 10-12 the morning of your wedding they could. This leaves you only the time after they are done to set up. Luckily, I didn't have anything booked prior to my wedding so they let me set up in the morning; however, things would have been super stressful if there had been another event. This would be the only thing that I think this venue needs to reevaluate. Overall, I would recommend the Madonna for any wedding or large event.

Profile Picture Selyn, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The Madonna Inn proved to be a better venue than we could have ever hoped for! All our guests staying in one place, and the beautiful Secret Garden for our ceremony and reception. Madison and Nicole couldn't have been more helpful. I did not have a wedding planner and they were more than happy to work with me (someone who has never planned an event) and answer all my questions. The food & desserts were great and the service was impeccable. Everyone was so kind and accommodating to all our guests for both the wedding and a brunch the day after. I would highly recommend getting married at the Madonna Inn!

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Our daughter was married here on 4/1/17 and was a destination wedding. When calling around for a venue, believe it or not, The Madonna Inn was the best price for your buck and we couldn't have been happier. Our guests said the food was excellent. Our daughter is Vegan and I'm gluten free which they were very accommodating to us. I also have to give a shout out to Kristen Trevino (Banquet Department & Special Events Manager). She put up with my endless emails and always responded to them in a responsible time frame. Thank you again Kristen for all your time and assistance.

Profile Picture Connie, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor

I am getting married at this venue in October 2016. I chose the Madonna Inn because of the "all inclusive" option of the venue. Nicole and Caroline have both been very helpful and accommodating in the process. I have my wonderful mother who is pretty much my wedding planner/decorator. Anytime she needs to go into the venue to take a look around or do some brainstorming, Nicole and Caroline have been available to schedule appointments for her to come in and do her thing. This venue already has it's own charm to it with tons of ornate decor. Minimal decorating is needed here because it's already so beautiful.

Profile Picture Janei, 10/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Wine, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Cake, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables

The Madonna Inn was perfect!
The grounds and hotel are so beautiful. We stayed in a suite and we had our ceremony in the ballroom which was so gorgeous. The place is so classically (and whimsically) beautiful that we didn't need to have much decor. Our reception was downstairs and catered by their restaurant. Everyone told us how amazing the food was and how the cake was phenomenal. It was the best wedding ever.
We already loved the Madonna Inn and now its a very special place for both me and my husband.

Profile Picture Veronica, 1/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Parking, Bartender(s), House Wine, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Cake, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

Madonna Inn was a fairytale place to have a wedding. The staff was great and flexible especially with me trying to plan from out of town. The food was wonderful and came out in the time frame we asked. The cake was beautiful and so yummy. The hotel was great to stay and helped with anything we asked for ourselves our guests that stayed at the site.

Profile Picture Tricia, 9/12/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely no complaints. I did very little work and my wedding was amazing and the food was fantastic. The price was very reasonable, as well.

Profile Picture allison, 8/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the moment we called to secure the date, to checkin,all lead ins to date and then of course my daughters wedding. This was the best destination wedding weekend we could have asked for.
Accommodations were great, food was wonderful, staffers within the whole property were cheerful, respectful and all around terrific.

Thank you for making the weekend a special memory for not just my daughter and her new husband but for everyone who attended.

Thanks you Madonna Inn. I will look forward to visiting again.

Profile Picture Barbara, 3/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a last minute decision... while having lunch in SLO days before my wedding I still hadn't decided if I wanted to do cupcakes since we had smores and cookies at my wedding. Someone overheard our debate and mentioned the Madonna Inn had an amazing bakery at reasonable pricing. They were right! These were probably the best cupcakes I have ever had and the pricing was much less than any of the local bakeries. I will always make sure this stop is on my itinerary when I visit SLO.

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/20/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Disappointed. Preset menu was not served to our guests, wedding cake was not dedecorated. We had to set up our own tables. Servers were rude to our guests. Wedding coordinator did not show up day of our wedding, did not leave any instruction for their staff on our reception dinner. Overall very disappointed.

Profile Picture Anastacia, 2/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Madonna Inn in SLO is by far the best value for a wedding venue on the Central Coast. Years ago, Alex Madonna built a gorgeous, eclectic, funky, over-the-top resort hotel and wanted people to be able to enjoy it and so keeps the venue costs reasonable. The event staff is wonderful and very helpful, the hotel staff is very accommodating, and the restaurant (who caters the weddings) serves up some of the best the best prime rib and salmon to be found! The main ballroom, where our wedding ceremony was held, was stunningly elegant in a Walt Disney meets old-school glamor Hollywood way. Did I say eclectic? The Garden Room for the reception was beautiful. The hotel rooms are all themed, over-the-top and so much fun! Check out the Caveman Room for example. I can't wait to have another event so I can plan it at the Madonna Inn!

Profile Picture Margie, 10/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation

All I have to say is: Magical.
Perfect in every way.

Kristen and her team were great - always responded in a timely manner, answered my bajillion questions and concerns. We couldn't have had a better wedding ceremony and reception anywhere else.

Profile Picture Tamara, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We love the Madonna Inn!!!!! After planning for over a year and having high expectations we were not let down. Kristen is amazing!!! She worked with us every step of the way and was awesome at communicating and extremely organized.
Our wedding was flawless. Our guests had the time of their lives and loved the food, wine and cake of course! We couldn't have asked for more.
The whole staff was so helpful and organized, I was stress free and was able to enjoy every minute of our wedding.
Tova in reservations was also amazing! So helpful and accommodating.
Thank You to everyone at the Madonna Inn for helping us have our dream wedding!!!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beatiful, magical, and the staff were great! The Venetian Room was the perfect venue for our August wedding.
Thank you for the unforgetable experince and for making things so easy on such a special day.

Profile Picture Alma , 8/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Had my wedding in the Venetian room and it was so beautiful. More than I had ever imagined. This place is incredible. I had a blast and will always cherish these memories. Thank you to all the Madonna Inn staff for all of your help. You all did awesome!!!!

Profile Picture Yvette, 7/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The sparkly venue matches the service. I worked with Kristen, and she was amazing. We had the wedding in their new Secret Garden in January, and I was concerned about the weather, so Kristen helped orchestrate serving hot apple cider and tea for our approximately 175 guests. It ended up being a beautiful day, hovering a little under 70 degrees, but it's still a little chilly in the high 60s, and the small detail was truly appreciated by our guests. We had a Persian ceremony, and the Inn was extremely accommodating to every request to make the ceremony seamless. Our wedding was in the Garden Room, where the chandeliers sparkle in every photograph, and our rehearsal dinner was in the Gay 90s dining area, which fit our large family of 80 people. I wish for the rehearsal dinner I had ordered the steak instead of fish for guests, since it is a steak house, but I wanted to hold off until the reception (I highly recommend the rib eye.) I wasn't crazy about the chairs in the Garden Room, so Kristen helped organize bringing in chairs from an outside vendor. We also had a cocktail hour in the Venetian Room the day before. I love the versatility of the Inn, and that every space made every event have it's own unique vibe with it's carefully coordinated decor. We also opted to give our guests portraits as our wedding guest favor, and they found their way into the pages of the Huffington Post. Each room is stunningly special, and this venue will inspire your guests and is for a couple looking for something creative and a one-of-a-kind experience. Our wedding party moved over to the pool after the reception, and the Inn was super kind, leaving it open a little late. I highly recommend this location for the decor, versatility, food, cake (so delicious!), service and convenience. My only regret is having hired an outside coordinator. Kristen mentioned that it wasn't necessary and she was right. The Madonna Inn is a well-oiled machine and their service really made my wedding planner

Profile Picture Susan, 1/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful cake! Worth every penny.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/1/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Madonna Inn is awesome!! I chose this place to have my wedding ceremony & reception! I just have to say working with Kristen Trevino (Event Coordinator) was one of the easiest, stress free experiences I have ever come across. Everything was so prompt and professional and my guests absolutely LOVED the wedding! It was so beautiful and not at all gaudy or too "pink". My wedding was a blue and orange theme and it was gorgeous having it at the Madonna Inn. I was given so much room and freedom to work with that basically anything I could come up with, Kristen would work the magic. :) I can't even describe everything that I loved about this venue. I would highly suggest any business meetings, parties, and weddings to take place here! We also got to bring in a live band, do our own funky lighting, and set up wine tables! I would also suggest walking down the stair case for the ceremony if you are a bride :)

They have killer deals if you buy the dinner plan. Let's just say that I did not have to do a lot of things other brides would have to do. The wedding cake, linens, place settings, table & chair set up, portable screen for the slideshow, and so many other things were just tasks I did not have to worry about! I just told Kristen what I was thinking, and it happened! We also got our reception room fee waived for 4 hours!! Who does that?! Madonna Inn does! The food was phenomenal! I had 6 hor dourves, prime rib & teriyaki chicken, tons of salads and fruit, rolls, rice pilaf, jumbo shrimp, A FIVE TIER WEDDING CAKE!, champagne and house wine, and I have to say my guests were full and HAPPY! They also gave us a room block and gave us a discounted price! Tova is the lady that will be working with you on that and she was pretty awesome too!

Great service + great people + great venue = GREAT WEDDING!

Profile Picture Erica, 1/5/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alway delicious and beautiful!! We ordered there cakes right out of the bakery, 4 different cakes all spectacular! And guests loved them!!!

Profile Picture User1636076, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

On each of the tables at the wedding reception we used the Madonna Inn's famous cakes. What a treat for my guest. They were so excited to enjoy the wonderful flavors of the cakes. They are still talking about what a treat it was!

Profile Picture Barbara, 11/5/11, 5 Reviews

Wedding June 25th-2011
We Had are reception In the venetian room & It the set up was soooo beautiful! We did the santa maria style buffett & Everyone talked about how amazing the food was and the cake was! The only draw back is you can't take left overs home! Only the cake! Which atleast they let you do that! But everything was outstanding! We worked with Alexis & Kristen! They both were very professional and helpful! They worked with me very well considering I was out of state planning. The only thing that was really stressful was setting up the day of the wedding they wouldn't let us set up until 9am. & Being that I was a out of state bride and had to worry about all the set up was sooo stressful. Had to get there and set everything up in a hurry because I had my hair appointment to get to, I just had to trust that everyone else would have everything done. My only suggestion would be letting the bride set up the night before and just lock that room. That would of been soo amazing if I was able to do that. & With the $$ your spending you think they would let you. I would still say that I loved having my reception here! It was a beautiful venue! Thank you kristen & alexis for helping me with everything!

The Sutherlands- Derrick & Amanda

Profile Picture Amanda , 6/25/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Madonna Inn cake is a must have for not only your wedding, but any occasion. My husband and I met at Madonna Inn, so having their wedding cake was a must. It is the best in SLO County and their staff is wonderful to work with. Our guests were sooooo excited to learn that the cake was from Madonna Inn...everyone's favorite!!!

Profile Picture Mindy, 8/7/10, 5 Reviews