Maderas Golf Club Reviews

20 | Poway, CA

20 Reviews for Maderas Golf Club

20 Maderas Golf Club Reviews

Christina · Married on 05/05/2018

Cannot say enough good things about our experience working with Chelsea at Maderas!! She was a professional and truly genuine at the same time. She's amazing at her job, and she went above and beyond her responsibilities to ensure that our wedding was perfect! The premises are exactly what we were looking for- private, outdoors, natural, and special. The twinkle lights on the trees, the fire pit on the patio, and the fountain out front all add to the great ambience of Maderas. The food was delicious and plentiful, and our guests kept telling us what a great venue it was. The staff the night of was professional, and friendly. The bridal house for me to get ready in was perfect too! So relaxing... at least until all the flower girls showed up :) and it had everything we needed including champagne & fruit! Seriously, not even one less than stellar thing to say about our whole experience working with Chelsea and having our unforgettable wedding at Maderas! Thank you to Chelsea and to the staff at Maderas for making our wedding so special!

Sara · Married on 09/16/2017

So happy I chose Maderas!!! Chelsea was such a joy to work with and made the wedding planning process so easy and fun!!! The food was great and it's a beautiful venue!!!

Lora · Married on 12/29/2016

I love Maderas for many reasons. I've used this venue for professional events. This is the first time I've used them for a private event - Bridal Shower. The room was large enough to hold our 30 guest but small enough to feel intimate. There is also a patio of the room so there was an easy flow of movement for our guest. Niki Ellis was a dream to work with. Niki was open to menu suggestions and had some awesome ideas she shared. Andy had a calming effect, being professional and offering decorating ideas as we were setting up. I can't say enough about the chef and the food he provided. Delectable! Mini strawberry pancake skewers, waffle and syrup shots, mini quiches...on and on. All great tasting. The golf course background made for some delightful photos. Highly, highly recommend this venue for any private event!

Alexis · Married on 08/06/2016

We cannot say enough about working with the Maderas team, and specifically Laura. We fell in love with the property when we first visited, of course because of its natural beauty, but also because it was so evident that every bit was well maintained. Matt and I worked closely with Laura throughout the planning process and she was responsive, efficient and honest regardless of the topic. She also remembers everything, all of the little details and definitely helped us bring our vision to life. We planned from afar (Minneapolis), so this was a big deal!

My husband golfed with family and friends all week leading up to the wedding and said the course was amazing. The Maderas also gave him a couple free rounds and let our guests golf at the member rate which was great! One of my favorite parts of the process was the bridal suite with my ladies beforehand. This place is like a fairytale and we were greeted with fresh fruit and champagne to kick off the day. The 8 hours leading up to say "I do" flew by, everyone was having the BEST time!

Before the ceremony our wedding party was treated to beers and champagne as well as refreshments ... and after, we were greeted with more beers and my favorite cocktail before pictures. The little gestures were so thoughtful and certainly didn't go unnoticed. They even joined our photographer / Videographer for pictures to ensure we knew where to go.

Since the wedding has ended, we have received so many compliments on the venue from our guests. We have heard everything from how beautiful the views were, to how nice it was to have the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception in three separate areas on the same property allowing a different view/experience. BUT, the biggest one was the food... people LOVED the food!!! AH it really was so amazing, and we could not be more thankful to Laura and the entire Maderas team.

-- The Risingers

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2016

Maderas was spectacular to work with! We hired them for catering at a private outside venue, and they went above and beyond our expectations. Adam and Brandon were there for everything and anything that I needed, and basically took on the role as my wedding planners when it wasn't expected. I would do it a million times over, but only if I had the two of them by my side again. They made everything easier and I cannot say enough good things about them; professional, thoughtful, and just a joy to work with. You name it, they are on top of it! For example, I purchased my sweetheart table linen and it wasn't set to come in until the week of my wedding. Without even asking or thinking I needed it, Adam had a backup plan and linens set aside in case it didn't come in. And sure enough, we needed that backup plan – lifesavers! Not to mention, Chef Earl is an AMAZING chef! We ended up having our rehearsal dinner at Maderas as well just because of how great they are. Adam and Brandon made my special day a breeze & my guests absolutely loved Chef Earl's food. Maderas made us feel like family and that was the best gift ever!

Charlene · Married on 03/26/2016

My husband and I had our reception there a few weekends ago. We started looking for wedding venues shortly after we got engaged. I honestly didn't know about Maderas Golf Club until I saw their profile on Wedding Wire. We went to check out the place and I instantly fell in love. It's a little gem tucked away in the foothills of Poway (Inland San Diego) and the view is amazing. This was the first venue we saw, so of course we didn't make the decision to have our reception here until we saw other places. We visited another country club and a few hotels, but my mind was already made up. I just had to twist my husband's arm :)
    We worked closely with Laura Magid and Niki Ellis in the months leading up to the wedding. They were so helpful and responsive when we had questions.
    The event went very smoothly and we had a blast. I can't thank Laura and her staff enough for the great experience and awesome service!!

Chtoya · Married on 03/25/2016

We got married and had our reception at Maderas on 3-25-16. from our first meeting with Laura Magid to the very end, they were a first class team that ensured our wedding and reception were magical. The entire team was top notch, the grounds were beautiful and perfectly manicured, all of the vendors they recommended that we used, were all first class as well. We also looked around and visited many venues in San Diego and Maderas was actually cheaper than some venues that were less appealing, so we felt like on top of everything else we got a great deal. We can't say enough good things about Maderas and especially Laura, she held our hands through the whole process and made us feel welcome, at ease, and like the only wedding on her calendar. Simply perfect!

Victoria · Married on 12/12/2015

We had our wedding at Maderas and absolutely LOVED it. They had great packages that they let you edit to exactly what you want and helped with all the details. Not to mention the food was amazing, especially for a 200+ person event. Laura and the staff were amazing. So glad we came across this place it's a truly beautiful venue with a great staff and made everything turn out so perfect!

Samuel · Married on 06/19/2015

Great service! Loved the location and atmosphere and view. The foods were one of a kind. Tasteful. Very friendly servers. Will definitely recommend this with our friends! Thank you so much!

Yes, yes, yes. We just had our wedding at Maderas and it was everything we could have hoped for! The catering team was great to work with. Whenever I would email with questions, their reply never made me feel like I was being a pest and no request seemed bothersome. We had compliments from our guests on how the food taste amazing and like a normal not-mass-produced meal. The venue itself is spectacular. The views alone are worth having your event there. There is a bridal suite that the venue lets brides use to get ready. It is a stand alone building up the road from the main property and has a kitchen, bathroom, couch area, spectacular views, and they give you champagne and fruit. It made getting ready with my bridesmaids that much more special. Don't worry, grooms get their own getting ready area too.

Skyla · Married on 05/10/2014

I planned my entire wedding by myself from a different state and only got to visit Maderas once prior to the wedding before I moved out here, then one other time for a tasting (after I decided on the meals). Truly amazing place to have had my wedding out. It was absolutely perfect, with perfect views and a terrific staff! Katy Arrington is a wonderful, personable lady to work with and will do everything to make your day perfect. The food was delicious as well! I definitely recommend this place for anyone's wedding!

Edda · Married on 11/12/2013

Maderas Golf Club is an amazingly beautiful place to have a wedding. The staff was kind, professional, responsive, they worked with my needs. Both Wedding Coordinators, Kathy & April, were very helpful, patient and provided great customer service. They went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect!!!!! I will never forget my wedding at Maderas!!! I highly recommend it to others.

veronica · Married on 11/08/2013

beautiful beautiful beautiful. I couldn't have picked a better place for my wedding, it was gorgeous. The food was just plain awesome, liquor was included in the package, its cheap and affordable. Perfect location for a small or big wedding. Katy was so nice and helpful throughout the entire process.

Brandon · Married on 06/11/2011

This was the most perfect venue we could have chosen. the staff was attentive, the scenery was gorgeous. it was the perfect place for us

Rachel · Married on 02/20/2011

Working with Susan was a breeze. The team at Maderas are extremely responsive and professional. The venue is by far the best you can get for your money in the Southern California area (IMO). Truly a hidden gem.

Briana · Married on 04/05/2014

We absolutely loved this venue. All our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful it was. The pictures turned out great and we even saw deer strolling through the grounds during photographs. Katy did an amazing job coordinating everything and she was so easy to work with.

Clarissa · Married on 07/28/2013

Maderas Golf Club is absolutely a hidden gem in Poway. The course is well kept, the staff are nice, and the rolling hills during sunset was a perfect site to see. Katy the catering coordinator was such a sweetheart and so easy to work with. She was prompt with her replies, and even helped me out on how to coordinate my wedding since I did not have a wedding coordinator. My mom also called Katy less than a week before my wedding and told her she wanted to upgrade my chairs, and she got it done.

The day of my wedding, the food was delicious, the staff were prompt, except for when it was time for us to cut the cake. There was no knife and no one was to be found. My photographer had to run into the kitchen and get one. That was the only set back.

Overall, the prices per plate ranged depending on your budget, the food was great, the location is beautiful. And the staff were very helpful.

Maderas was such a great place to have our ceremony & reception. The price was right for our small wedding and the location was amazing. Everyone commented on how great it was. One thing that's sad is their amazing coordinator Katy left, and the new coordinator is very uninvolved and nowhere near as great at Katy. She was moderately helpful before my event with questions I had and mostly absent at the event, The only time we saw her during our event was for her to let us know that we cannot take more than 1 golf cart on the course for photos. Other times when she could have been useful, she was nowhere to be found. I'm very glad I hired a day of coordinator b/c Laura was no help. All the other staff were amazing and the little getting ready house for the bride is a rare treat. The food was excellent and views are pristine.

Candace · Married on 05/16/2014

Maderas is a beautiful venue that captures the Spanish influence in SD perfectly without being tacky. The canyon views are gorgeous and the golf course is an amazing backdrop for photos. They allow the bride and groom to go out on the course with the photographer for about an hour. There are a couple bridges, creeks and beautiful old trees, not to mention the rolling hills on the course that make the pics so unique. Katy the coordinator was super helpful and gave direction without being a bossy planner. On top of all of this it was affordable. Most venues nickle and dime you for each thing you want to add or do; Maderas is upfront with all pricing and doesn't try to hid or deceive you. You can customize each package to your licking and budget. Our wedding was a dream come true and I HIGHLY recommend Maderas.