Mackey Photo & Video Reviews

58 | Stroudsburg, PA

58 Reviews for Mackey Photo & Video

58 Mackey Photo & Video Reviews

Kaitlyn · Getting married on 08/24/2019

From my first call with Pete, he answered my questions honestly, wasn’t pushy, and made sure he got to know me and my history all while sharing tidbits of his personal life & experience. My fiancé and I had an engagement photo session with Pete, and from the moment we met him we felt totally at ease. My fiancé and I were both a little anxious and worried about coming off as “awkward” in our photos. Pete made everything such a breeze- showing us exactly how to pose, taking candid shots, and ultimately making us feel at ease and have FUN! Our pictures turned out beautifully!! We have the classic engagement photos, but also some amazing artistic shots! The number one comment we get on our photos is how beautifully artistic and well composed each picture is. A++ to Pete Mackey, I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun, passionate, and down to earth photographer!

Brianne · Married on 11/11/2018

Out of all the vendors I had to speak with during the wedding planning process, Pete Mackey was by far my favorite, both as a person and as an artist. From our first call, I felt like we were old friends. Pete has a way of making you feel completely at ease, even if you have no idea what the heck you’re doing. He takes the time to get you know you and your story, and is truly interested in learning about it all. Overall, I found Pete to be personable, kind, energetic, positive, candid, and funny. On the business side, Pete was a consummate professional. He was supportive, informative, flexible, considerate, accommodating, and client-centric. Whether it was by email or phone, Pete was highly communicative and made himself available for any questions even after business hours. His portfolio speaks for itself. Pete has amazing creativity; he also has an extraordinary ability to tell a story and evoke real emotion with his work. Although I did not move forward with Pete due to extenuating circumstances, I highly encourage anyone looking for a photographer or videographer to look no further.

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2018

Pete is amazing!! We were so happy that we chose him to manage our wedding photos. We had such a fun day with him and his second shooter Adam. We cannot wait to get all of our photos back from the day but if our engagement photos are an indication they are going to fabulous. We cannot say anything more than book Pete as your photographer. You will not be sorry!!! You won't need to worry about anything and will have a great day --- even when he asks if you will climb over a railing and down on a waterfall for portrait shots! Totally worth it!

Mackey Photo & Video 1

Glenda Guardado · Married on 07/07/2018

Looking for the best Photo & Video out there? MackeyPhoto it is!

Mackey photo, is high quality professional work. We are so happy to we chose PETE for our wedding becasue everything went 100% perfectly. EXCELLENT WORK AND VERY NICE PERSONALITY. The videos, the photos, and the album are all the top of the line. If you want to have the best day ever and memories to look back on, have Pete and his team with you on your day.

Sean · Married on 06/02/2018

Giving Pete only 5 Stars feels like a sin... This guy is everything you could hope for in a photographer. Not only is his work amazing, but Pete himself is one of a kind. You can tell he genuinely cares about the people he works with. He got to know us before ever snapping a picture and you can feel that connection through the images he captures. Let him know how adventurous, goofy, or serious you want your pictures to turn out and he'll nail it every time. Through the stress of planning a wedding, Pete was one person that we never had to worry about. The greatest compliment I heard regarding his work was from one of our guests when they asked, "Who's your friend with the cameras?" That's how much he cares and gets to know you...strangers assume he's a long time friend. I can now say, he's definitely more of a friend than our wedding photographer and I would recommend his work to the Pope. You Rock Pete!

Mackey Photo & Video 2
    Mackey Photo & Video 8
    Mackey Photo & Video 9
  • Dominika

Dominika · Married on 04/28/2018

We had Peter Mackey of Mackey Photo as our wedding photographer in April of 2018. From our first meeting (through video chat, which was super convenient for us since we don't live in PA) we knew that Peter Mackey was the perfect photographer for us! He truly listened to what we wanted pictures of on our wedding day and asked us questions to truly capture our vibe. On the wedding day, Peter made us, as well as all of our family, friends, and guests, feel so unbelievably comfortable in front of the camera, and you can definitely see the results of this in our final photos! He gave just the right amount of direction to get the perfect shots without being demanding. This is even more impressive taking into account we had 21 people in our bridal party plus 8 kids! After our wedding day, several of our guests complimented how great our photographer was before the photos were even out (and repeated their praises when we posted the Wedding Gallery). Peter got our full gallery to us within 6 weeks and met with us on video chat to review the gorgeous wedding album he formatted for us, which we instantly fell in love with. He worked with us on price and was willing to stay within our budget without having to sacrifice the integrity of the finished product. We got our album within 3 weeks and greatly appreciate having such a high quality and beautiful memento of our special day! I'd recommend Mackey Photo to everyone and anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion and plan to hire him again in the future to capture our family memories to come

Krista · Married on 03/30/2018

Peter Mackey did a wonderful job with both our engagement photos and wedding photos. Before we even met, he called to discuss package options and we were on the phone for over an hour. I remember telling my husband that I felt like I knew him forever. His personality makes you feel so comfortable in front of a camera and allows him to truly do his best work. His creativity and eye for a photo are outstanding. And the photo album!!! I felt so confident in his ability to tell a story through our pictures and I was right. I cried when we went to his studio to review our wedding album. I couldn't have asked for a better connection with a someone who is such a crucial part of your most important day and even better pictures that will last me a lifetime.

Cassandra · Married on 10/21/2017

Not only is Pete an amazing professional, but he is a true artist! We were blown away by the photos he delivered. There really isn't any other choice - if you need a photographer, you need to choose this man. He will not disappoint you!

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Pete did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos -- they were absolutely stunning! Pete is a skilled photographer who captured our day perfectly, from the portraits of family and friends to the action shots at the reception. The editing for the photos was also really beautiful -- you can tell that he put a lot of care into making each picture a work of art. In addition to being a skilled photographer and editor, Pete is also dedicated to learning and experimenting with lighting effects, which produced a handful of photos that were a little more artsy and whimsical -- so in addition to our many wonderful wedding photos, we also have a few unique and cool shots that I don't think we would have gotten from another photographer. On top of all that, Pete is just a really great guy. He is enthusiastic, fun and easy to talk to without being cheesy or annoying, and you can tell that he really enjoys his work. Our entire wedding party and even some of the guests commented on how awesome he was! If you need a wedding photographer, hire Pete Mackey NOW -- he's already getting booked up for next year!!

Mackey Photo & Video 10
    Mackey Photo & Video 11
    Mackey Photo & Video 12
    Mackey Photo & Video 13

Briana · Married on 10/07/2017

I wish I could give Peter 10 stars. We met him through a good friend of ours and knew from our first meeting with him that he was the man for the job! His attention to detail and artistic vision is unmatched. I would recommend Peter's work to anyone, his pictures are absolutely beautiful and he perfectly captured our entire wedding night without missing a moment, you would have thought there were 3 of him!! Our album is absolutely breathtaking! It isn’t just a collection of pictures, his pictures tell a story of the whole night. From start to finish peter kept us informed and answered any questions we had along the way if you are looking for an excellent photographer look no further Peter is the man for the job!! Not to mention, he is honestly such a positive energy to have with you on such an important day. Couldn’t have done it without him!!!!!

Samantha · Married on 10/22/2016

My pictures came out 100x better than I could have even imagined! Everyone keeps raving about them! And we had such a fun time getting the shots! Would recommend to anyone in need of photography services in a heartbeat. 5 stars for sure.

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

Where to begin...we could rave for days about (our photos) and experience with Peter Mackey & his team!
    We heard about Mackey Photo and Video Services from a relative and friend. In the end, we could not be more thrilled we chose Pete and his team! From our initial contact with Pete, he was responsive and flexible. He took time to meet with us and explain his services. He is very energetic and laid back and took a sincere interest in getting to know us and our story. For our engagement session, he traveled to places that were meaningful to us and our relationship. Other photographers were not as responsive, put time limits on engagement sessions and it felt as though we were just a number to them.
    Then there is his creativity. We had a blast watching him climb trees, play with spotlights, and even lay down on the ground to stop traffic at a park- all to get that perfect photo!!! Each and every photo turned out amazing :) Intermixed with that creativity he also cared about capturing the photos WE wanted from our wedding day and willingly took all the photos we asked him to take.
    A wedding requires a ton of planning and the wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye. If it is important to you to have quality photos that are creative, capture your day, but also represent you and your relationship then Mackey Photo is the way to go!
    We are SOO happy we invested in quality photo and video services to capture the first day of our Ever After and will treasure these beautiful photos and memories for our lifetime ahead!

Kierra · Married on 09/24/2016

Pete Mackey of Mackey Photo and Video is unlike any other photographer. He really puts his heart and soul into everything he does. He not only gets you the expected wedding photos, but he goes above and beyond to get more artistic shots as well. I recommend him to anyone because he also is a pro at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. His friendliness and quick sense of humor is a big plus when you may be stressing about other things that day. Pete and his staff are true pro's from taking photos and videos, to the post production of editing. I'm just so happy with how all emotions and important events were captured in my photos. Once again, I highly recommend!

Seth · Married on 07/03/2016

If you've been debating who to trust with the photos on the biggest day of your life, you've found your match. Mackey Photo delivers high quality work with the utmost professionalism. Not only will you love the photos you receive, the communication is top of the line. Before you know it, Pete will become your newest friend!

Peter Mackey is such a personable photographer who we are now lucky to call a friend! We loved working with him on our big day!! Highly recommended!

Evan · Married on 05/21/2016

Pete was amazing, he fit in with our wedding seamlessly. Everyone loved our photos and his personality. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a quality photographer that gets unique shots of your special day.

Leslie · Married on 05/14/2016

When I started planning my wedding, I wasn't planning on having a videographer. After talking to several people who convinced me to look into it, I asked my photographer if she had any recommendations. She said to contact Pete, not knowing if he'd be available since it wasn't much notice before the wedding. From the minute I spoke with Pete on the phone for the consultation, I knew he'd be a great fit for our wedding. He was so much fun to work with, was very involved to make sure he got the best shots, and didn't get in the way yet captured every moment flawlessly. When we got the final wedding video, it brought tears to everyone's eyes because it was beautifully edited, the music choices were spot on, and it made us remember our special day. I would highly recommend him for any event, it's worth every penny!!

nicole · Married on 05/07/2016

Peter Mackey was awesome to work with and is incredibly talented. My pictures came out amazing. I would recommend him to anyone.

• I

Imani · Married on 03/26/2016

Where do I begin to talk about Peter, Adam and the rest of the Mackey photo family for our big day. He is literally a party of my family now. The quality of photos that we ended up with flawless and effortless. The endless and abundance of laughter that was shared is something that I will never forget. They made my fiancé, out family and friends feel like we were the most important people in the world. I highly recommend using their services. A+++++++++ from the Cormier's and Stallings crew! We love you Peter and Adam!

Meredith · Married on 01/01/2016

Pete Mackey was referred to us by a mutual friend after we decided to get married in just 6 weeks and were scrambling around trying to find vendors at the last minute. Enter Pete to the rescue. I sent him an email and we were on the phone discussing the wedding within an hour. I remember feeling like we were in good hands, and that no matter how hectic a last minute wedding day could be, we would have amazing photos.
    Our wedding vision was small, simple, and intimate and Peter absolutely captured that. We have all the traditional shots, but we also have all the tiny moments of a family enjoying a beautiful night on film (or whatever is the digital equivalent). That is what I wanted to take away from our wedding day and he nailed it. We only had 18 wedding guests and I never felt like we had a photographer, we just had another family member who happened to have a camera.
    We had an email the next day with every single shot. And he included us in the process of making our album right up until it was printed. We never doubted that we would love it.
    Peter gets our full recommendation, hands down, not only as a wedding photographer but as a pretty awesome guy.

Melody · Married on 12/12/2015

Peter Mackey is an incredible talent! We booked last minute with him and were referred to him by a friend of ours who knew him. I looked up his page and his work stood out among all other videographers we looked at! He was very responsive and communicating with him was easy and arranging payment was simple and fast! My husband and I do video and photo for weddings and even though we were pulling things together for our own wedding last minute having a quality video to remember the day by was very important to us! At the wedding he blended in wonderfully and was discreet during the ceremony and all the other events but was able to capture all our moments wonderfully without any awkwardness. We were absolutely floored when we got the video from Peter on the first day of our honeymoon which was about a week later! We didn't even remember our wedding being as spectacular as Peter was able to capture in the video. No sooner than we got it and posted it, our facebooks were blowing up and six months later we are still receiving compliments about how amazing the video is, from people all over the world, who don't even know us and have seen the video through friends or on a blog! If his sheer talent doesn't speak for him enough his personality and spirit can speak out! He got along wonderfully with our photographer and even if he wasn't the videographer we would have wanted him at the wedding as a guest because he is just a wonderful person, he is awesome at mingling with guests and capturing all of the most priceless moments! We struggle to find words to describe how incredibly blessed and delighted we were to have the honour of working with him! We, and all the other vendors and people who worked to make our wedding happen have not stopped raving about his talent. We 100% recommend him!

Brad · Married on 12/11/2015

Seriously look no further than Mackey Photo! My Wife and I are super detailed people but not in terms of picky and Pete and his crew exceeded every expectation! Pete's professionalism mixed with an artist eye is rare in the industry. He made our wedding photos feel very personal to him which makes you feel you are in great hands.

Even before we saw the album we have been recommending Mackey Photo to others. As you might guess the Album turned out awesome!

Soup to nuts, I can't imagine getting better value for capturing your Special Day!

Scott · Married on 10/31/2015

Hands down - the best photographer in the Lehigh Valley, PA....period. Pete and his staff are extremely professional, personal, and passionate about what they do. If you're comparing or searching for a photography/videography company to go with for any event, this is your guy. Everyone's had a stuffy or awkward photographer at some point in their lives - Mackey Photo is the complete opposite! Pete makes you laugh, genuinely cares about what his clients want, and delivers the highest quality pictures and videos.

Words can't express how happy my wife and I are with their execution from our wedding and the unbelievable personal touches they put into every single shot and video they did of us. Simply put - they rock! We were so blessed to have found them and can't thank them enough!!

Jill · Married on 08/06/2015

No cons! My husband was dreading taking wedding photos, and even he was happy with the result. Pete made everything very natural and easy going. We never felt awkward at any moment. He also was super creative in his photos and let us decide on some of the poses to do. He brings a really fun and positive energy, and the photos are AMAZING.

Christina · Married on 08/01/2015

Pete MacKey was a wonderful person to work with before, on, and after our wedding day. Lightning fast responses to phone calls, texts, and emails! Pete is very personable and listens to your wants and ideas for your pictures. My husband and I are not picture people and did not want to spend hours taking pictures. Pete was able to get all of our posed pictures done before the wedding ceremony which left us the entire time to enjoy the cocktail hour & reception. The pictures he took were simply breathtaking. I continue to get compliments on my pictures. After the wedding, the proofs were sent to us while we were on our honeymoon! Getting the photo album completed took little time and Pete hand delivered the album to us. In Pete we found a fantastic photographer with a marvelous artistic eye and we've also come away with a good friend! We will continue to use Pete in our future photography needs.