Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video Reviews

Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 6
Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 7
  • Emily

Emily · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Mackenzie is amazing to work with! Me and my fiancé are super indecisive so she really took the reigns of our mini shoot and helped us with getting some amazing photos! We booked her already for our engagement photos and our wedding photos and video! I can’t wait to work with her again!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 8

Mollie · Getting married on 09/20/2019

The happiest moments of my life captured

Mackenzie is insanely talented. She makes you feel so comfortable in front of a camera and you start to feel like it’s not even there and that your just hanging out with a good friend.

I was so happy that she was available to do my small wedding in June. She got every special moment and memory of the ceremony. It was so special to be able to sit down with my family over coffee and go through each picture and be able to talk and share what we were thinking and the precious memory attached with each photo that Mackenzie took.

She is an amazing person and an amazing photographer. She will capture all the special and natural moments of your day or engagement shoot. I will treasure these photographs for years and be able to look back and feel what I was feeling just from looking at her pictures.

So incredibly happy to have Mackenzie as my photographer! :)

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 9
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 10
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 11
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 12
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/08/2019

Couldn't imagine better photographers

Mackenzie, Lex, and Zach were AMAZING. They traveled to Galena for our wedding. They were super friendly and professional. They are personal and spend time to get to know their clients, their interests and their personalities. They make sure you are comfortable all day, they make you laugh. I honestly CANNOT say better things about Mackenzie!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 19
  • Michal

Michal Overholts · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly Recommend Mackenzie!

I had the privilege of working with Mackenzie Maeder Photography at a beautiful wedding in June. The photos are absolutely gorgeous! Everything about the day is just perfect. She was prompt, professional, and super nice in our correspondence, answering all of my questions in a personable and approachable way. Her enthusiasm and talent for her craft shows in every one of her photos, from the posed and elegant portraits to more spontaneous candid shots. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Mark Pavlovcik · Married on 06/08/2019

Mackenzie went above and beyond expectations.

My wife Kaitlyn and I hired Mackenzie and her team to take photos and video of our wedding and I can not say enough good things about her, her husband Lex, and their team. Everyone was personable, polite, and friendly. They did a phenomenal job capturing all the special moments, and we LOVED the sneak peeks she posts to social media while editing the photos.

Neither Kaitlyn or I are very artistic so taking couples photos can be awkward at times. Where should I stand? Does my face look weird? What do I do with my hands? Mackenzie did an incredible job of guiding us through all of our painfully basic questions and made us feel extremely comfortable during our engagement and wedding photos.

It was soooooooo much fun working with them!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Mackenzie and her team to anyone who is looking for a fun, friendly, and highly professional photographer to capture any and all of the special moments in their life.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 20
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 21
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 22
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 23
  • Asif

Asif Khan · Married on 05/08/2019

Great work by this site

That is so amizing i like and best wishes

Sent on 07/02/2019

Laura · Married on 04/24/2019

Mackenzie is a phenomenal person and an extremely talented photographer! She truly loves her craft and you can really tell by her work. She puts so much of her personal time and energy into making everyone happy and that’s why she’s been a great person to work with! I did a bridal shoot with her (i was the hairstylist) and she was so accomading to the specific shots i wanted as well as coming up with ideas on how/where to shoot. She has done my personal portraits, photos of my salon, my dog and I, and my family. I will continue to use her as my photographer forever! She is so up to date and modern so if your looking for someone like that she’s your girl! Super caring, fun and gentle natured. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 24

Cierra Benckendorf · Married on 04/20/2019

Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video is a must have!

We could not have imagined our wedding without Mackenzie, Lex, and Zach. She makes you feel so comfortable during the day and is the perfect balance of fun and professionalism. Not to mention she emailed me back with lightning speed whenever I had a question! When she sent us our photos back we had the biggest smiles on our faces. You can quite literally feel and relive the day just through looking through all of the photos. They are so vivid and beautiful. I cannot wait to get our video footage back! I know it will be just as amazing. We received so many compliments on how great of a job she did. You cannot go wrong with Mackenzie Maeder and her team. Thank you SO much for being such a special part of our wedding day. ❤️ The Benckendorfs

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 29
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 30

Nina Barnes · Married on 01/01/2019

A m a z i n g

Mackenzie and her husband made our wedding day photography fun and easy. We can’t wait to have them photograph other big events!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 31

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

Book her for your wedding!

We hired Mackenzie to do both photo and video for our wedding in October and she was amazing! From the start, she was so responsive and helpful. My husband and I don't love taking pictures, but her and her husband made us feel so comfortable and listened to what we wanted during the whole process. The photos and videos turned out great and we got so many compliments from our friends and family.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Annemarie · Married on 09/29/2018

My Fiance & I hired Mackenzie for photos & videography for our wedding this coming September. She has been amazing since we first spoke, & we decided to take some engagement photos with her. In the snowstorm of Chicago she still tended to make our photos look amazing & she truly captures the love & expressions of the couple. In any type of weather she comes prepared. The way she brings out the colors in the photos are truly amazing. She made us feel so comfortable with our first photoshoot & we cannot wait to see what she captures on our wedding day. ♥️♥️♥️

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 32
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 33
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 34

Annemarie Barter · Married on 09/29/2018

Our September Wedding

Oh my gosh where do I begin with saying how much we are in LOVE with our photos and video from our wedding. From the start we knew we chose the right people for the job, Mackenzie & her husband Lex got to know us as friends and we built a friendship as we embarked in our photography journey together. You want her because she does ALL the candid shots, in the best moments. Of course you will get the best posed pictures but those candid moments you want on camera...it is all covered. I teared up when recieving the video and grinned ear to ear for days as my husband and I looked through our pictures. They are responsive and proffesional as well. You truly can’t go wrong. Thank you so much you guys. ♥️ The Barters

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 35
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 36
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 37
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 38
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 39

Anna · Married on 09/14/2018

Mackenzie has photographed several couples’ shoots for my boyfriend and I over the past two years and I LOVE them! She made us feel so comfortable and it shows in all our pictures. We were laughing and having fun the whole time so we were completely natural and being ourselves. She perfectly captured our relationship and the in-the-moment fun that we were having. She had great ideas for pictures and was open to our ideas as well. Over all she had so any great ideas and it never felt posed or that she was repeating what she’d done in other shoots because we were a unique relationship. She also had ideas for locations that were reflective of our relationship which I loved. I would recommend Mackenzie to anyone! She knows how to create amazing pictures that are authentic and reflective of each relationship. Also, she sends you sneak peeks so fast!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Marissa · Married on 07/01/2018

Mackenzie did an amazing job with taking my Illinois State graduation pictures. Her combination of clothing changes, champagne bottle toasts, and smoke bombs created the perfect photos that my friends and I will cherish forever. We ventured all around campus to get the best shots and had a great time doing it. What I liked the most about the shoot was that she did not try to make all of the photos posed and stiff. She captured real moments between my friends and I by making us laugh and having a great time during the photo shoot. Mackenzie was full of creative ideas that made the pictures unique and unlike any that my friend group had taken together. I know we will look back on those photos and be reminded of how great the 4 years were together at Illinois State and how much fun we had. I would highly recommend her for any type of photography you are looking for!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 40
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/30/2018

Mackenzie is AMAZING!! She listened to everything we wanted and how we wanted our day to go. She captured the most beautiful moments from our wedding day! She is so fun to work with, and has an amazing eye for a beautiful picture. The quality of her work is incredible. We were so pleased with our photos and video. I would definitely work with her again. She is worth every penny!! :)

Sent on 10/09/2018

Katie · Married on 04/07/2018

We had Mackenzie and her crew capture our whole wedding day. During the planning process, Mackenzie would respond to emails almost immediately, making planning a whole lot easier. She asked for a list of formal photos from us, so they wouldn't miss any important family/friends. She was very flexible in accommodating what we wanted and a price to go with it. The day of the wedding, the crew got there right on time and were even kind enough to let us ride in their cars to get to a park nearby to take photos. Even though we met them that day, it felt like we knew them all! They were so fun to work with, yet still very professional. Because of that, no one felt like they had a camera in their face, it just felt natural. The whole team kept the wedding party on track and aware of the time, which was quite helpful. Mackenzie had some creative and fun ideas for photos with the wedding party after the ceremony. After the wedding they still had the same response time and kept us updated with edited photos and when we'd get the finished products. The photos are absolutely beautiful! The whole team is very talented! We would highly recommend Mackenzie for a wedding, or any event worthy of excellent photos/videos!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Carol · Married on 04/06/2018

Where do I even begin? My husband and I hired Mackenzie as our wedding photographer & we're SO glad we did. She is a genuinely kind person & has such a talent for photography. Mackenzie, I can't thank you & your team enough for such amazing pictures! You guys are so awesome! I hope we get together again in the near future :)

-Carol I.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Abby · Married on 10/07/2017

Mackenzie is amazing! Not only was she professional, but her fun personality made the photoshoot go smoothly and made both my fiancé and I feel very comfortable. Her out of the box ideas and creativity make for amazing photographs. We are so thrilled that we chose Mackenzie to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Jillian · Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Mackenzie and Lex was absolutely awesome. Not only did they work with our crazy schedule (and our 3 crazy children) but they perfectly captured our love and family in their photos. They volunteered to include our girls in the engagement shoot, which I really appreciated. Our kids are our entire life and they were so great with them! The day of the wedding they were there to help everything run smoothly. They coordinated our bridal party, family and even guests to get the most awesome shots (again my favorites were the photos of our girls!) They are friendly, professional and SO helpful and easy going! It is hard to even come up with words to describe how in love I am with the video as well. The artfulness of it combined with the perfect music choice helps us re-live our magical day over and over. I would recommend Mackenzie (and her team and lovely fiancé) to anyone looking for a reliable, quality photographer/videographer!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 48
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 49
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 50

Dayna · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough good things about our session with Mackenzie. She made us so comfortable---we never felt "posed"; just happy and laughing and so natural. She has a wonderful understanding of lighting and "the perfect angle". We were overjoyed at our beautiful pictures. I'd recommend her again and again to everyone!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Ariel · Married on 07/22/2017

Mackenzie's work is flawless! She makes every picture look incredibly special through her unique perspective and editing skills! Mackenzie has captured every life changing event in mine and my husbands life together and we have loved and felt very comfortable during every session with her. Mackenzie is very down to earth, listens to what is most important to you, and brings such a fun energy to your special day! You will not be disappointed! :)

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 51
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 52
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 53
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 54
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 55
    Mackenzie Maeder Photo + Video 56

Abby · Married on 05/19/2017

My husband and I hired Mackenzie as the videographer for our wedding and we are SO HAPPY that we did! From what I understand, Mackenzie has been doing photography longer than videography, but I am telling you, it is a shock. The montage turnout out AMAZING, and we also ordered separate videos of the ceremony + speeches, and they were absolutely perfect. She and her brother, Zach (who was also a joy to work with), captured everything without ever being over-bearing or in-your-face. They were very professional and made us feel comfortable the entire time. I would like to reiterate that the montage was A-MA-ZING. I swear I have watched it every day since she sent it to us, and I just love it more and more every time. These videos are something that we will treasure for the rest of our lives and we are so thankful for the hard work that Mackenzie put into them. I will recommend Mackenzie in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a videographer/photographer for their wedding!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/13/2017

Mackenzie shot our wedding and it was amazing! She thinks out of the box and gets great shots. She is so kind and flexible. If you are having your wedding you need her!!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2016

Mackenzie is always a blast to work with for all my photo needs! From family shoots, couples photos, or just a fun mini session, Mackenzie always delivers a awesome product. She is personable and cares about her customers interests and ideas. Every shoot I've had with her is an adventure and I'm always excited to see the pictures! It's a photo experience unlike any other. I highly recommend Mackenzie for any event or special occasion. She's fantastic!

Sent on 06/23/2017