Mac & B. Events Reviews

36 | Charleston, SC

36 Reviews for Mac & B. Events

King S. · Married on 01/01/2020

One of our favorites!

As a venue + catering company, working with Amy at Mac + B is ALWAYS a wonderful experience! Amy is a true professional - knowledgeable, personable + proactive.

Amy has a strong sense of design which translates into breathtaking events full of beauty. Whether classic + traditional or modern + bright, each design is representative of the couple’s personality. We love seeing how she converts our blank slate venue into a masterpiece!

Amy’s energetic drive coupled with her naturally calming demeanor ensures an efficient + stress free planning process. She offers our clients the advice + guidance needed to turn their dreams into a reality.

Day-of, Amy is accommodating, proactive + caring. She works right along side our team to ensure that both clients + guests have an unforgettable experience. We highly recommend her as a wedding planner!

Sent on 05/03/2020
  • Dori

Dori C. · Married on 11/23/2019

Best Decision!!

Amy at Mac & B is the best thing to happen to our wedding! Now that it is over I miss her and her great spirit, organizational skills, and just overall kindness and coolness. We did not worry about ONE thing during our wedding. I'm not even sure what happened behind the scenes, but I finished getting ready and walked into a fairy tale. She guides you through the whole process seamlessly, keeps you on track, and responds IMMEDIATELY to any questions you have. Amy is that spirit you want in your life, and my husband and I consider her a friend now. Can't recommend enough!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/27/2019

We couldn't have done it without you!!

Having Mac and B. Events and Amy DeVito as our wedding planner was an absolute blessing! From our first meeting to the wedding day, Amy was super organized and helped make every step along the way stress free and a lot of fun. Her passion for weddings and spectacular events combined with her organization and attention to detail gave us confidence throughout the process that we weren’t missing anything or second guessing decisions. She has an amazing vision for how things will come together and does a fantastic job of knowing when to provide input based on her many experiences. On the day of our wedding, Amy floated between setting up the venue and the groups of girls and guys getting ready to make sure everything went off without a hitch. We are so glad and thankful to have found Amy! There’s no way our day would have come together so perfectly without her! Amy, thank you for helping us make our dream weeding come true!!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jessica B. · Married on 04/06/2019

The Absolute Greatest Team

Working with Mac and B was easily the best decision we made in our entire wedding planning process. We were planning our wedding from out-of-state and were only able to make it down to Charleston once before our wedding. We spoke to many event planning companies to select our own wedding planner and Amy immediately stood out as the absolute best option.

Amy is super creative, optimistic, kind, and truly hears her clients. From start to finish she was clear in communicating what we could expect throughout the process. She was realistic in giving us options that would fit in our budget and went above and beyond to make sure our vision for our wedding was realized. Amy was also incredibly responsive throughout the year leading up to the wedding. I don't think she ever took longer than an hour to respond to an email or a question. Truly incredible. We felt so at peace going into the wedding weekend because we knew she had everything covered.

As far as décor goes, Amy took every vague idea we had and brought it to life, only ten times better than what we could have imagined. When we walked in the room on our wedding day, before the ceremony, our jaws literally dropped. We knew it would be amazing because Amy had created renderings, but we didn't know just how stunning it was all going to look. Every last detail was perfect. She truly transformed the space into something from a magazine! I can't tell you how incredible it looked!

Beyond just the décor, Amy made sure that everything ran smoothly throughout the day. In fact, a few of our guests even pointed out how "on it" she was and how impressed they were with the team. At one point, we went to the rooftop to take some photos and one clasp on my dress snapped! Someone texted Amy and she was waiting for us at the elevator when we got downstairs with several pin options to fix the clasp before I went back out. I mean COME ON!!!!!!

We could not recommend the Mac and B team and Amy more. She made everything so easy and beautiful but also made the year of planning leading up to the wedding so enjoyable, which is so so so important. We are SO grateful!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Slayton C. · Married on 03/02/2019

Do yourself a favor and hire the best planning team in CHS

Mac and B. Event is best in Class. USE THIS TEAM. They exceeded all expectations with creating the best day of my entire life.

Amy and Carrie are extremely responsive as well as creative! They have great experience and exposure with the top venues and vendors in CHS.

Easiest and Best decision I made by hiring them. Amy is so creative and listens/understands your vision-by doing so she creates your ultimate dream day.

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah G. · Married on 11/10/2018

Made destination wedding planning easy!

We worked with Amy with Mac and B and had month of/day of planning services. We planned our Charleston wedding from afar, and Amy made it so easy. She was responsive and went above and beyond to help answer questions and coordinate our vendors. Our wedding day ran so smoothly and I didn’t have to worry about anything that day except enjoying every minute! I highly recommend Amy and the rest of the Mac and B team.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply amazing!

I would HIGHLY recommended anyone who wants to have a gorgeous and fun wedding to work with Christine from Mac & B. There are so many reasons why it’s a great decision, but here are just a few reasons why I had such an amazing experience working with her:
    1) She is organized! I’m a consultant in Finance in NYC so I feel really strongly about people who are efficient and have a great process (ahem, Christine!). For example, she clearly lays out all of the to-do’s (over a full year) in a list and provides you with tons of extra helpful tips and guides for everything from putting together guest lists to getting a marriage license in Charleston all in one place for you to reference. She’s really on top of her stuff!
    2) She has a great eye, is creative and knows how to make things beautiful. Christine offered us great suggestions on things to incorporate into our wedding to make it more personal. For example, my husband requested an area to smoke cigars and Christine suggests we create an adorable outdoor cigar bar / seating area which ALL of my guests absolutely loved. Handing out confetti poppers at the reception was also her idea - so much fun!
    3) She is a genuinely nice person and works hard! Christine really cares about her clients and is dedicated to making sure that your day is special. She works amazingly well with vendors and does a phenomenal job managing all the logistics leading up to the wedding (so you don’t have to) and she is the ultimate “quarterback” on the day-of ensuring that plans are being followed, and that everyone is where they need to be and everything is in its place. I did a first look, had my ceremony at the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist downtown, transported all of my guests to Middleton Place for an outdoor cocktail hour, inside for the reception, did a sparkler send-off, and more! I’m still so thankful that she was on my team to help us coordinate everything.

To sum it up - the best wedding decision I made was working with Mac & B! Planning and executing a beautiful wedding is involved and will inevitably become stressful even for the most “chill” bride, but Christine is an absolute pro who makes it as easy as possible for a bride to have the best day! Thank you so much Christine!

Photo Credit: Aaron & Jillian Photography

Sent on 12/14/2018

Elyse C. · Married on 05/19/2018

Highly recommend!

It was truly a pleasure working with Mac & B. I mainly worked with Amy, who I can't say enough great things about! Amy was incredibly organized and responsive, and was always ready with a helpful suggestion or solution. She has great taste and a wealth of knowledge and experience related to all aspects of wedding planning. It was such a relief to know that every detail would be taken care of; all we had to do was enjoy our wonderful wedding day. In addition to being a fantastic wedding planner, Amy is also a joy to be around! Working with Amy and Mac & B was one of my absolute favorite parts of wedding planning - I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Sam G. · Married on 04/28/2018

Get Mac & B Events to help you!

When my husband and I decided to get married in Charleston, we were confronted with a couple of big obstacles. We don't live in Charleston, and we didn't know what all needed to be done to organize such a big and important event. Mac and B. Events made our wedding dreams come to life. They were organized, communicative, and knowledgeable about the city and weddings. They guided us through all the choices leading up to the big day and designed the most beautiful celebration based on our preferences. On our wedding day, Mac and B. Events executed all the plans we'd made perfectly. My husband and I got to enjoy the day with our favorite people at a gorgeous party. If you're looking to get married in Charleston, have Mac and B. Events help you!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Anna

Anna B. · Married on 04/07/2018

Met every expectation and beyond!

Choosing Mac and B for our wedding was so easy because the moment you meet them you begin to see instantly their attention to detail and thoughtfulness. Planning a destination wedding isn't easy but Carri and Amy made it seamless. Everything is organized, detailed and fun! I had a picture in my head of what I wanted the day to look like and they not only made it happen but exceeded what I even dreamt of. You will not be disappointed in choosing them to help you with your special day.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Joanne · Married on 10/14/2017

As mother of the bride, my number one priority was to be able to enjoy my daughter's wedding. I was able to do just that, thanks to Mac & B's, Cari and Erica. They are professional, organized, took, and gave direction well, were genuinely caring that my daughter and I were happy with all the decisions, readily offered advice when needed, listened to ideas, hopes and dreams and turned them in to a reality. The day was perfect! There was not a thing that we would have changed.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Cara · Married on 08/23/2017

Look no further, Mac & B Events is everything you want and need in a wedding planner!!!

We truly wish we could give Mac & B Events more than 5 stars. We cannot speak more highly of Amy and Carri. From the time we first reached out to Mac & B Events and our first phone call with Carri we knew it was the perfect choice for us! Throughout the planning process, Mac & B always connected us with the best vendors and used their many years of experience to provide us with several options to choose from. When the time came, Amy accompanied us to all of our vendor visits and helped us to feel at ease and not become overwhelmed by all of the details and decisions being thrown our way. It was amazing to have her there with us to help guide us through the process. In addition, both Amy and Carri were more than available when we had any questions or needed advice leading up to our wedding. There were even times when Amy would reach out to check-in and make sure we were aware of upcoming milestones, or just to chat with us to ensure we were in a good place. And when the big day finally came, Mac & B did not disappoint! Amy had everything covered that we threw at her and then some. The little details that she helped us with throughout the process and the timing of everything went perfectly. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the design was and how well organized our event was- and it was all because of Amy. Our guests are still raving about Amy both personally and professionally. We HIGHLY recommend anyone who is contemplating getting a wedding planner to go with Mac & B Events. Their years of experience and expertise goes so far, and they will help you to plan your perfect wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Cindy · Married on 06/17/2017

As the Mother of the Bride and with less than 3 months to plan a destination wedding I knew I needed help. I chose Mac and B Events the moment my daughter got engaged. After speaking with Carri on the phone I knew I made the right decision. She was honest with me about wedding expenses and answered all of my questions. When we met with Erica for a venue walk through and design proposal my daughter felt instantly at ease. The wedding was beautiful and thanks to Erica and the Mac and B Events team, I spent my time enjoying the day with my daughter, her new husband and our families. Erica did an amazing job! Overheard guest comments: "It was like a dream!" and "this is the best wedding ever!"

Sent on 07/06/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 06/10/2017

I could go on and on about how wonderful it was to work with Mac and B. Events. We started working with Carri and when she and her husband found out they were expecting, we started working with Erica. I can't say enough about how professional their transition was as Erica started taking over Carri's weddings. Carri told us right away and we trusted we were in good hands with Erica. I know for sure I could not have planned our destination wedding without Mac and B. Events. Erica did everything possible to make sure the whole day ran smoothly - it was perfect. At some point in the evening, my cousin nervously approached Erica because she had lost our wedding card with money in it. Erica told her no problem - and searched high and low for it, even digging in the trash. If that's not going above and beyond, I'm not sure what is. Not to mention - she made our whole vision COME TO LIFE. The decor was beautiful and I owe that all to her. I highly recommend Mac and B. Event's services - especially if you are planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/13/2017

If Wedding Wire would let me give Mac & B. Events and Erica Cain more than 5 stars, I would. When I first got engaged and needed to find a wedding planner, I spoke with a few different candidates. There was no question from the start that Mac & B was the choice for me. Christine was so genuine on our first phone call - I loved that she took the time to ask questions about myself that were more than just about my wedding. That extremely personal touch was consistent throughout my whole wedding planning process. I opted for the "Day Of" planning, but Erica accompanied me to a number of vendor appointments in the months leading up to my wedding and we had regular contact for about 6 months beforehand. She was ALWAYS available for questions and to help guide me in the right direction, all while staying true to my vision. Planning a destination wedding is not an easy feat, but Erica made sure all of the details were covered! She not only was my wedding planner, but she also became my confidant and I could not have gotten through the wedding without her. I was 150% confident letting her make decisions on my behalf when it was needed. We got married in May. No rain two weeks before the wedding, no rain 2 weeks after the wedding, but somehow it poured that day and because I knew I had Erica in my corner I did not have to worry about how things would go. Erica was sweet and easy to work with, she is incredibly talented at what she does and I am sad that now that my wedding is over I don't get to talk to her every day! Do yourself a favor and hire Mac & B. You will not be sorry!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Sydney · Married on 03/17/2017

Our wedding was absolutely perfect- all thanks to Erica Cain. We were planning a destination wedding in only 6 months and while that could have been incredibly stressful, she made everything so easy. She created a gorgeous design proposal and helped us find vendors to bring that proposal to life and stay within our budget. When we came to Charleston for a one-day planning visit, she set up all of our vendor appointments and personally drove us to all of them. And when I wasn’t in Charleston, she was easy to get in touch with and SO patient with all of my questions and concerns.

The week of our wedding, there was a snowstorm in the Northeast that prevented shipments of some of our wedding décor from arriving. I was prepared to forgo the items completely, but Erica went out the night before the wedding to buy replacements. She also spent the days before our wedding creating our escort card display, which was a really time intensive undertaking. I know she had a million other things going on that week, so I don’t even know how she managed to do it, but the finished product was incredible. Her attention to detail is amazing, and she made sure that every single design element was perfect.

On the day of the wedding, everything ran SO smoothly. Erica created a detailed timeline for our bridal party and family members which kept everyone informed and on schedule. And despite only having a 2 hour set-up window at our venue, Erica was able to completely transform the space into something better than we ever could have imagined. I cannot get over how beautiful everything looked! She was calm and cheerful the whole night and worked with all our vendors to ensure that everything was flawless. If there were any problems, we didn’t know about them! All our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and that is without a doubt thanks to Erica. You will not regret working with her!!!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Debbie · Married on 03/04/2017

Mac & B are wonderful to work with for your wedding. They capture every detail with you as you plan and have it organized in an easy to use web program. Their favorite vendors are experienced and professional. We worked with Carri Tanner and then Erica Cain for the wedding weekend. Erica is on top of every detail and the bride, groom and their families can just enjoy the big day. We had a great experience and highly recommend this group.

Sent on 03/13/2017

J · Married on 02/04/2017

Carri helped us plan a corporate event for 130 people at The American Theater. It was absolutely amazing. She helped design the floorplan to make the venue look magical. We were 3 hours away and didn't have the time to dedicate to vendors so she stepped in and took the load off of us. She took an empty venue with nothing in it and created something so stunning that all of our guests were speechless. Erica was also amazing. She helped with the final details a month out and the day of to make it seamless and stress-free. They are an incredible team and we would definitely use them again for our corporate events. I highly recommend them. It's worth it!

Sent on 02/15/2017
  • Virginia

Virginia · Married on 11/20/2016

Mac & B couldn't have done a more perfect job with our wedding! We chose the day of package which really starts one month before the wedding date. Erica helped us stay organized, met with us at our venue and did a complete walk through and ran our entire wedding rehearsal and wedding day! She helped us stay calm and she made everything flow!! I especially loved the detailed wedding rehearsal and day of itineraries that Mac & B handed out to not only the groom and I, but the entire wedding party, the flower girl and our parents!

Amazing job by amazing people! Well worth the investment!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 07/04/2016

Best decision we made for our wedding

I can confidently say that we would not of had the wedding we did without Amy’s help. Our day was magical, romantic and everything we asked for. And we asked for a vision that was, “if Anthropologie and Restoration Hardware had a baby in a secret garden”. So no easy task.

From the start Amy had it all laid out for us; when to start looking for something, and when to make a decisions by. We were not from the area, which made this a destination wedding for us. What we loved is that she didn’t take over the process, but more so helped us bring our vision to life. We’re the type of couple that enjoys researching an area, and finding the best deals. Amy helped us by guiding us to the right vendors in our budget, and to who she knew would do the best job executing our design requests (aka florals, rentals, photography etc).

The day of Amy was a godsend/boss lady fairy-godmother. She handled all the little, and big things the day of that would of completely taken us away from the moment. I can not stress this enough, that we did not have one thing to do the day of other than show up for our first look. Which we did at precisely 2:15pm thanks to our detailed timeline created by Amy. We were able to be completely in the moment, and that’s priceless.

More than once I was asked why I was such a chill bride, and why wasn’t I freaking out more. It was because we had so much trust in Amy. And here’s a true example as to why. The week of the wedding, we arrived to Charleston and that’s when the Corona Virus news started to escalate. 48 hours prior to the wedding around 30 people canceled. We called Amy and she told us to not worry about a thing, so we didn’t. Alone, we would of spiraled and lost sight of the day. With Amy, she told us not to worry, so we didn’t. That’s how much we trusted her.

If you are looking for a creative, organized, honest, and trustworthy professional to help make your day the most special day ever, give MacandB a call and ask for Amy.

Sent on 03/24/2020

Husband Approved!

Carri and Erica make magic happen! We used Mac & B for our day of coordinators and our day went off without a hitch! Our friends, family, and bridal party were able to enjoy the day without having to run around to stress about details, the girls did EVERYTHING! My husband admitted after the wedding that investing in coordinators was worth every penny (and he fought me on this expenditure in the beginning- WIn!) ! Even in the months leading up to the wedding, they were always available to advise me before we made decisions on purchases and vendors. I can't say enough great things about this awesome group!

They are sweet, organized, thoughtful, CALM, and so knowledgeable. We'd love to relive the evening and hire them all over again!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Mandy · Married on 10/24/2015

Originally, I signed a contract with Ooh! Events for wedding planning services. 60 days from my wedding they notified me that they had subcontracted my event out to Mac & B Events. It was such a blessing!!

I had the pleasure of working with Carri for my wedding last weekend. She did a wonderful job! Carri kept everything flowing flawlessly. There was an issue with the bridal and bridesmaid's bouquets being delivered to the wrong location and Carri picked them up and delivered them to the correct location for us with a smile on her face. She was so sweet and professional.

She thought of details that I never would have thought of on my own. There is so much involved with planning a wedding that having an extra set of eyes really helped the process. She was able to give suggestions without being pushy and ultimately left the final decision up to me. She makes very detailed timelines (which I love!), floor plans, and wedding party ceremony visuals. I really don't know what I would have done without her.

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/17/2015

Mac & B. is simply a dream team! I was new to the Charleston area and would never have been able to plan the spectacular wedding I had without these ladies. They know everyone in the industry and have amazing vendor relationships. Carri is just an absolute sweetheart and such a joy to work with. My advice? HIRE THEM.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Lacy · Married on 09/27/2015

Carri MacGregor you are a life and sanity saver. Initially when you get engaged you think to yourself, " I got this" and will be able to plan everything myself. Well I am hear to testify for the sanity of your relationship with your fiance don't do it. Carri took away any fear or concern I had on my wedding day. As I was getting ready with my girlfriends before going to the wedding ceremony they remarked how calm I was. I was calm because I knew Carri could handle any curve ball and I had to trust her. That is a big key to hiring a wedding planner, Trust. I initially contacted Carri over the phone we had an hour conversation and she made me feel very comfortable with my timeline of 6 months to plan a wedding. She helped with many steps along the way and made sure that the wedding planning aligned with my overall theme and decor. When I met Carri I felt instantly happy that she was indeed the right woman for the job. Let's just say not one ounce of worry was spent on my decor, vendors, planning, or silly details the day of the wedding. Carri is Wonder Woman! She and Erica moved with ease quietly working behind the scenes at our wedding making it a success. Hire Mac & B. Events and your wedding will be amazing...

Sent on 10/22/2015

Kira · Married on 04/25/2015

The ladies at Mac & B are simply incredible. When my husband and I set out to plan our Charleston wedding, we debated whether or not we needed wedding planners to assist us. Second only to choosing each other (!), this was the best decision we made throughout the entire process! Not only did we get the best service in all of Charleston, we also gained new friendships. What impressed us most about working with Mac & B was that every time we communicated they had such incredible awareness and understanding of our vision which allowed us to explore designs & ideas we hadn’t even considered. They are truly great at what they do, knowing exactly when and where to add feedback & guidance and making an otherwise stressful process so much smoother. We never imagined that the actual wedding day could be as stress-free as what we experienced. We both knew that everything was taken care of and everyone was where they needed to be and it allowed us to focus on each other and the incredible moment we were about to share.

Several months later, my husband and I are still amazed at how absolutely perfect our wedding day was. It’s something we’ll never forget and we’re so grateful to the ladies at Mac & B for everything they did to make it possible.

Sent on 07/09/2015