M.U.A.H. Makeup and Hair Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Amber
    Amber F. Married on 08/05/2022

Beauty at its finest

Bianca and Katie are a perfect duo. They did an amazing job on makeup and hair for my wedding, along with my bridesmaids and mothers. They have professional recommendations to ensure everyone would look their best in the photos and the mothers said they looked and felt so young and beautiful again too! I couldn’t recommend their team enough!!
  • Jordin
    Jordin Married on 07/08/2022

Amazing, Professional, and Talented

My experience with Muah Makeup and Hair was phenomenal. From the beginning, the ladies were professional, friendly, personable, knowledgeable, and very talented in their craft. The communication was excellent. On the wedding day, the ladies did a great job with my bridal party and myself. They didn’t just make me feel like a random customer, they made me feel like a friend. Thank you ladies!!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Experience with MUAH!!

Bianca and Katie hands down have the best makeup/hair service. These two women are absolutely incredible! During my trial and on the wedding day, I felt so comfortable and at ease which was a huge win for me! Even in the time frame we had, they both stayed completely calm. They are incredibly professional, experienced, and timely. I felt so lucky to have both Katie and Bianca there to help me feel soo confident. I felt like my makeup brought out the best features and this made the whole rest of the day so perfect. I highly recommend using MUAH for your special day!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Kellie
    Kellie H. Married on 04/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Top notch service and gorgeous makeup

MUAH Makeup and Hair was one of my venue’s preferred vendors, and I decided to go with them after seeing all the glowing reviews. I went to Bianca’s house for my makeup trial, and she was so nice and made me feel relaxed. While the results were not totally what I was looking for, Bianca graciously took all my feedback and told me the changes would be no problem. She imparted her knowledge as a longtime professional makeup artist, but has no ego and truly wants to make her clients happy.

On my wedding day, we had to deal with the logistics of the Big Sur Marathon running right in front of the venue. That meant our vendors and wedding party had to get on limited, timed caravans to be escorted through the race.

Bianca’s assistant was coming from the other direction so she arrived at the venue bright and early. Despite Bianca leaving very early to get to her caravan, a mishap with some other drivers in front of her sent her to the back of the waiting line, and she couldn’t leave until the next caravan two hours later. But Bianca’s assistant got to work and she did an amazing job with all my bridesmaids and the moms.

When Bianca finally arrived, she was so apologetic even though it absolutely wasn’t her fault at all. She even insisted on refunding the travel fee. She focused entirely on my makeup and I was blown away by the results. Not only did she listen to my changes, but she took my vision to another level, and I felt so incredibly beautiful. I absolutely 100% endorse MUAH Makeup and Hair, and if they didn’t live so far away, I would hire them for any special event I have in the future.
  • Kristen
    Kristen B. Married on 03/11/2022

They're the best!

The girls at MUAH were the best hair and makeup duo I could ask for! When looking for hair and makeup services for my wedding, I started looking at local businesses, and found them on instagram. I was immediately drawn to their work, as it is beautiful but not too overdone. They were quick to respond to my inquiries, so I booked hair and makeup for myself and makeup for my mom. I did a bridal trial a few months before my wedding, which turned out to be the day of my engagement shoot. I am so glad I did a trial because it was less stressful on the day of, and we had the time to really talk in detail about what I was looking for. My hair was curled in a “party pony” for the trial, so I just let the pony down and my hair was perfectly curled for the engagement shoot! The day of my wedding, they arrived on time and were such a fun presence to have while getting ready! They are so upbeat and really added to the excitement of my special day. My mom is very particular about her makeup, and when I saw her after, she looked incredible! She was so happy and she wishes Bianca could come to her house every day to do her makeup. My hair and makeup turned out to be perfect, and I felt and looked beautiful in both the photos and in person! The hair and makeup lasted all night, even with my crazy moves on the dance floor! Thank you to the MUAH team for your beautifying magic!
  • User2019651 Recently married
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I first discovered Muah when I got engaged, but thought it was a little too pricey. I had trial runs at other places and all were a disaster! By the time I decided to splurge with the makeup and hair, Bianca and Katie were already booked for another wedding on my date! I was so sad, but Bianca was able to fit me and my girls in their busy schedules. Let me tell you, Bianca is professional, dependable, and amazing! She made us all look gorgeous and she is worth every penny. We got so many compliments on our makeup. Do not even bother going anywhere else! Thank you so much Bianca and Araceli!
    Krystle G. Married on 12/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

M.U.A.H makes you look incredible!

Bianca and Katie are both SO talented and wonderful to work with! In my day to day, I tend to go very light on makeup and wanted an elegant and natural look on my day. But, I also wanted professional makeup and hair that would last throughout the day. The M.U.A.H team delivered in a big way! The makeup and hair was exactly what I wanted, still looked great at the end of the night, and all of my family/friends that got theirs done that day loved what they had done as well. Bianca and Katie made it easy to book, were very responsive, professional, kind, and really paid attention to what each person wanted. I did do the trial and recommend it. It meant no surprises on the wedding day, which meant no stress. I tend to look orange after I get my makeup done professionally and mentioned that to Bianca, who understood that meant my makeup oxidizes and she was able to ensure mine didn't. I couldn't be any happier and am so thankful I found Bianca and Katie. I highly recommend them!
    Melissa E. Married on 10/09/2021

Hair and Make Up Dream Team

Bianca & Katie made us feel as beautiful as can be! These two friends that have teamed up to do hair and make up are the dream team. I knew from the trial that on my wedding day I didn't have to worry about hair and make up. Bianca was easy to communicate with and quick to respond with any and all questions that I had. My hair and make up turned out stunning and so did my mom, sister-in-law and bridesmaids. The make up was not caked on and they recreated all the visions we had for ourselves. They are worth every dollar they quote you and will make a stressful day, easy since you know you have some pros at your side. Thank you for making us all feel so beautiful!
  • Q
    Quinn H. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best makeup services!!

I booked MUAH for their makeup services for my wedding party. Bianca and her assistant were incredible on the day of and for my trial! My bridal makeup trial went so smooth and Bianca helped me decide on which inspiration photos I brought would work best with dress and the vibe I was going for. We only had to make a few tiny alterations for the day of makeup! My makeup looked so beautiful the day of the wedding, and stayed literally ALL night?!? Additionally, all of my bridesmaids and the moms looked so beautiful as well. Bianca was beyond amazing to my mother who was nervous about getting her makeup done and looking overdone. Overall, I could not recommend their services enough!
  • Nicole
    Nicole R. Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, efficient and perfect :)

My MUAH team was BOMB. I had Kelsey do my hair and Bianca from MUAH do my makeup. These ladies have worked together for a while and you can tell. I call them my MUAH fairy godmothers 🧚🏼‍♀️🧚 because they truly worked MAGIC. I got my MUAH trial done a week or two before my wedding and they both nailed it. I brought hair extensions and pics for inspo for both my hair and makeup. They each listened and used their professional opinions to realize what I wanted and to make me look like a queen. They also were great about asking for feedback and being responsive to your needs- they are all about pleasing YOU! They are both so professional, timely, efficient, friendly, sociable, and BOSS BABES. If you are look for a dream team, look no further, these are your girls!
  • Haley
    Haley S. Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fabulous Makeup, Kind and Genuine MUAH!

We hired Bianca and Kelsey for our wedding hair and makeup on 9/5. We had 9 women for hair and makeup and the ladies did a fabulous job! They arrived right on time, got started fast, were very efficient, and were super friendly! My bridal party and the moms enjoyed chatting and LOVED their finished looks. Our hair and makeup looked great and lasted all night. Highly recommend!
    Ryan Married on 07/17/2021

True Beauty

Bianca and Katie was fabulous. Both were on time and made the ladies in my wedding look gorgeous. They were very professional and also did my hair and makeup for my rehearsal pictures. I looked beautiful. Would highly recommend.
  • Caterina
    Caterina A. Married on 07/17/2021

A great makeup team!

I can't say enough great things about Ashlee and her team - they are all incredibly talented and were a pleasure to work with! They were so professional the entire morning and my bridal makeup was perfect and all my bridesmaids + mom + MIL looked the best they've ever looked! I got airbrush and individual lashes and my makeup lasted all day in July heat and rain. I had originally booked Ashlee in 2019 and did my makeup trial for our engagement party which I loved. This was after having another trial that I didn't like. I'm so glad I picked Ashlee because makeup is something you want to get right for the wedding day. We had to postpone our wedding due to COVID and Ashlee was great and easy to work with the entire time. Ashlee and her team were very prompt the morning of and we got ready on time and never felt rushed. I highly recommend Muah Makeup to any bride
  • Arely
    Arely R. Married on 06/25/2021

Amazing service!

I hired Bianca and her team for my wedding, from the first time I reached out she was very responsive and professional. I had my trial a few months before the wedding and she did a phenomenal job with my make-up. Bianca is very knowledgeable and will work with you on what she thinks will look best on you and you will not be disappointed. I absolutely LOVED my make-up the day of my wedding and got so many compliments she truly made me look/feel like I was the prettiest girl in the room. Kelsey was also incredibly talented doing my hair, I have very straight hair and is sometimes hard for it to hold curls totally not Kelsey's fault but I just wish I could have gotten a lot more hairspray on so that my hair would last a little longer it was so beautiful but unfortunately didn't last long as it was pretty windy outside. Overall these girls are amazing and friendly you will have a great time with them while getting dolled up for your special day. Thank you all so much!
    Arely
  • Michaela
    Michaela C. Married on 05/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Hair for the Best Day of my Life!

MUAH was one of the recommended vendors that our venue had listed so I didn't know much about them but am SO glad I had Katie do my hair for my wedding! Most hair vendors I saw for the area I am in are $$$ but Bianca & Katie are super reasonably priced. Katie and Bianca went over and beyond for my special day and even with the stress of planning my wedding during covid, they made sure I had all my questions answered and their knowledge of what they do eased my stress! . Not only are they kind, and friendly, but they truly made me feel special and beautiful on my wedding day. I wouldn't have felt complete without their help!
  • F
    Felicia Married on 12/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing hair and makeup duo!

Bianca and Katie are highly professional and incredibly talented. They made the whole experience enjoyable and I felt relaxed the whole time. They knew exactly what would look good with my dress and they literally transformed me into a goddess! It was also raining and windy on my wedding day but my hair and makeup held up very well and photographed beautifully!
    Lauren T. Married on 12/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You need Bianca for your wedding

Bianca is hands down the best makeup artist I have ever had. She was so relaxed and did and amazing job! My trial and day of were AMAZING
  • Karlie
    Karlie W. Married on 10/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My experience was amazing! I would use them time and time again .

MUAH was absolutely amazing. I felt so confident and beautiful on my elopement day. I am not someone who ever wears makeup and is lucky to brush out my hair so I was super nervous about doing something outside my comfort zone. Bianca was so helpful and responsive . I was able to get a trial done of both hair and makeup which calmed my nerves completely. Kelsey was able to accommodate a last minute hair change and make me feel absolutely stunning. Bianca made me feel so gorgeous and make me feel comfortable wearing makeup . I would highly recommend them time and time again.
  • Allison
    Allison A. Married on 10/10/2020

Recommend!

Bianca was so communicative from the very beginning! I originally was supposed to get married in San Diego, but due to the pandemic we cancelled plans and decided to do an elopement in our backyard in Monterey. I had to find a whole new makeup/hair artists locally. So glad I chose MUAH. In October my parents got sick and we had to postpone again. Bianca was so understanding, flexible, empathetic and willing to push the deposit to a new date. Finally got married in the beginning of January, and Bianca and Kelsey made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day. They were efficient but detailed oriented. Thanks so much!
  • Mindy
    Mindy R. Married on 09/08/2020

Great Team!

MUAH was THE BEST!! Extremely responsive from start to finish, punctual, and so, so sweet. They listened to what I wanted and absolutely delivered! I had a destination wedding and they made me feel at ease that everything would be taken care of. They also practiced excellent safety and sanitation during the pandemic and wore masks while they did my hair and makeup. They were so sweet and put me totally at ease. 10/10, would recommend again, and again!
    Hannah B. Married on 08/08/2020

Obsessed!

Literally couldn’t have been more obsessed with my makeup. Bianca is seriously incredible and is the best in the biz. She is so thoughtful and thorough with her clients and makes sure you absolutely love your look before putting the final touches on it. Seriously couldn’t recommend someone more. Bianca is incredibly talented, organized, punctual and will make you feel like the most beautiful bride ever. So thankful for her!!
    Meredith H. Married on 07/25/2020

Best makeup and hair!

Bianca and Kelsey are amazing - so talented! They made me look more beautiful on my wedding day than I've ever looked before. They took the time to understand the look I was going for, and then did their magic. Plus, they are just awesome and kind women who are a pleasure to talk to! You won't regret hiring MUAH for your wedding makeup and hair!
  • Alexis
    Alexis K. Married on 07/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Flawless Hair, Makeup, Service, and Personalities!

Bianca and Katie were FANTASTIC! We had to cancel our 250 person wedding in July and quickly put together a small wedding of 20 people in August. I wasn't able to do a trial for hair or makeup, but that didn't matter! They took my dreams and made them a reality! My hair and makeup was flawless. They also did my 5 bridesmaids and I in around 4 hours! 6 girls for hair and makeup in 4 hours was amazing! Made the day less stressful and more relaxing. They are also FABULOUS women and so kind and fun! We had a great time with them and I STRONGLY recommend them to anyone who is looking for wedding hair and makeup in the Salinas/Monterey, CA area. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! - Alexis Fraley
  • KATELYN
    Katelyn B. Married on 07/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Flawless! The Best in the West!

MUAH is absolutely wonderful. They did my make-up for our engagement photos (phenomenal) and both hair and make-up for our wedding. I was so impressed with their work, responsiveness, cleanliness and professionalism. They really listened to what I wanted and also gave great feedback and tips as to what is going to look great for photos. Their response time is prompt, they have a fun and relaxed vibe, almost like they fit right into your wedding party. They were extremely aware of sanitation protocols (masks, hand sanitizer, hand washing and such).

Without a doubt I would recommend them for your wedding day hair and make-up, engagement photos, photoshoot. Whatever your beauty needs are, they are you go to girls!
  • Francesca
    Francesca Married on 06/28/2020

Wedding makeup & hair

I would definitely recommend MUAH Makeup and hair. They made me feel beautiful and confident on my wedding day! Bianca and Katharine worked really well together and knew exactly what I wanted. They worked efficiently and their talent showed through! Words cannot express how excited I was after they finished! Thank you again for making my day more than I had ever dreamed!
illustration stars