M&M Plantation Reviews

5 Reviews for M&M Plantation

• Joshua

Joshua Rendon · Married on 03/24/2018

Memorable Wedding Day

Our wedding was such an amazing day. We were able to share the day with our family and friends. M&M was amazing. I highly recommend some of the features like up lighting, dj, and photographer. The venue was beautiful but the people were even better. Monica was great throughout the process and helped in so many ways. Thank you Mark, Monica, Ali, Aaron, Austin, Bonnie, Jenny, Desiree, and everyone else I am forgetting for making it a memorable day.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Theresa · Married on 11/19/2016

If you want a beautiful setting and you would like to work with the most calming and accommodating venue owner then look no further than M & M Plantation.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Julie · Married on 08/11/2018

We were married on 10/6/18 but booked with M&M plantation 2 years in advanced. When initially meeting with them, Mark & Monica were very professional & knowledgeable in the wedding rundown. We decided to book with them almost instantly after seeing the venue & meeting with them. We ended up booking our photography, DJ, bartenders & security through them, they offered us a very reasonable package compared to other venues we were looking into. Over the 2 years, we kept in contact when needed via text messages & emails. They took our engagement photos 6 months before our wedding & we were very impressed with the results. Three weeks before the wedding we met with Monica to finalize details for the day of. Again, she offered insight & opinions on what has worked well in the past but always reminded me it was our wedding & we make the final decision, but we were grateful for her opinions since neither of us had done this before. Come the day of, my only complaint would be that our day of pictures didn’t start until almost right before our ceremony. Our hair & makeup (not booked through them) ran later that I scheduled & was unable to get any pictures with my bridesmaids beforehand. The ceremony went off without a hitch & the reception exceeded our expectations. They stuck to our song list for the ceremony & offered microphone services for our officiant. Due to our large guest count (320) our caterer did have to set up on the patio, but the staff ensured that our guests lined up correctly. The bartenders were fast & professional. The DJ did not stick to our song list that we created, however they sure did read our guests perfectly & kept the dance floor full at all times. The MC checked with us before hand on all pronunciations of our names. Cake cutting, garter & bouquet tossed were scheduled, but due to how fast the evening went by were pushed back but still done & turned out great. Our guests had nothing but rave reviews on the staff, bartenders & venue in general.

Sent on 10/13/2018

M&M Plantation's reply:

Thank you so much Julie! We were very honored to host your wedding and hope all the best for you and Adrian! In you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to ask :)

Ariel · Married on 10/06/2017

2.5
      0.5

I had my wedding here on 10/06/17 and I am going to give the most honest review to help out the other brides and grooms looking at M&M Plantation. We booked about a year and a half in advance and these were the services we booked from them on a Friday night:
    Reception for 150 ppl
    Ceremony outside
    Tableware (plates and silverware)
    Dj (for ceremony and reception)
    We had to book 2 security guards
    * All of these services came out to about $6500.00*
    First, I'm going to start with the pros. The place itself is beautiful, with huge oak trees.

Two weeks prior to my wedding it showed we had a $110.00 balance in which I figured out they were charging us more than what was quoted (I have the email to show) for the 2 security guards. Also, it showed we had a $40 bar tending charge, when we didn't even hire the bartenders from them. The day before my wedding Monica emails me that I now owe $150.00? When I went back on the website the bar tending charge was taken off and they added a RANDOM $150.00 charge, mind you the DAY before my wedding. I have already paid them $6500 and they add a random $150.00 fee!
    Honestly the worst part for me was the DJ. We payed them $1000.00 to literally just play songs off of a computer. I could have done that myself. Marc (who is the husband) was supposed to DJ and the day before and the day of my wedding, he wasn't there. Monica literally didn't do anything. They announced my bridal party incorrectly and even my NAME wrong. They played random songs like the chicken dance mixed with a 50 cent song.Monica's brother was there for some reason and he was so inappropriate and unprofessional. The list of issues doesn't stop there.I loved my wedding but I was very disappointed by M&M. Please take into account my experience when booking!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Kellie · Married on 11/04/2017

0.4
      0.5

To first start off the service is horrible. Monica and her husband are nice at first but after they get your money they show their true colors. They were rude before and during the wedding. Our groomsmen, guest and family asked us why they were rude. For example when my fiancé asked if they provide ice or We should bring our own she said in a non playful ugly tone “what do we look like and ice maker” and she walked off after saying it. mark told my husband day of wedding that I was the hardest woman to work for because I changed my song list 4 times and I kept complaining about only having 50 songs to choose for reception and I didn’t need more than 50. Which brings me to my second plaint the DJ was supposed to be mark but instead was someone else who is apparently their oldest son. I never got any of my songs that I selected played. They only played what they wanted which was a lot of old songs remixed. Hardly anyone was dancing and many left early. We asked for other songs and the music still did not play. We also had to beg them to finally do our first dance which most of the guest were gone by the time they finally let us dance and announced it. We also did not get to do the garter toss or throw my bouquet. We had my mom ask them when can we do it they said later, my maid of honor asked, and guest asked as well but they just said later and it was never done. My top layer of cake was also not saved for me by mark or Monica. When I called my mom the next day to see if she put my cake in our freezer since we went off to our honeymoon she told me that Monica said the bride said she didn’t want to keep it. Which was 100% not true, I cried because never did I ever once tell her not to save my cake. I also cried when I received my photos that they took. Our first meeting they showed us amazing photos. But when we received our photos they were nothing like what was shown. Because of my bad review they blocked me from viewing my photos that we paid $2,000 to be taken.

Sent on 11/18/2017