M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions Reviews

17 | Yosemite National Park, CA

17 Reviews for M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions

17 M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions Reviews

Holly · Married on 09/08/2018

My makeup trial with Mickie was such a great experience, and I look forward to my big day knowing that Mickie will be there! From the day I booked with her, spent time talking to her on the phone, and watched her youtube videos- I felt like so comfortable with her. She is such a warm friendly person that really listens to what you want for your wedding day and will talk through every little detail with you to make sure you are happy. Mickie and her husband Anthony make such a great team- the set up and photos and everything went so smoothly and I couldn't be happier that I will be seeing them again for my wedding!

Sent on 08/05/2018

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Thank you Holly, for not just leaving us one review but two! One for your Trial Session day and the other for your Wedding Day! You're an amazing person in every way, so kind, so thoughtful, so generous with your time to write two reviews! My assistant (wink) even commented on what an incredible person you are and I have to fully agree! You made a beautiful bride ...but that's easy to do when you're such a beautiful person! Thank you so much for your reviews of our beauty services!

Holly · Married on 09/08/2018

Mickie did a wonderful job on my hair & makeup for my wedding day, I felt so beautiful! Not only did she do my full glam, but 7 other ladies in the bridal party as well! What a marathon day of hair & makeup, but she successfully made each of us look and feel so beautiful! She is so talented with tailoring makeup/looks to each individual and making them look their very best. The whole process of booking, makeup trial, planning, payment with Mickie was so easy- this was the easiest part of wedding planning! And the most fun! Thank you Mickie!

Sent on 09/29/2018

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Holly, you are such a thoughtful bride! Thank you for such a shining review of not only our beauty services but of how we operate. I'm still in awe of the fact that you sent me an email the morning after your wedding day, just to thank me! You were a pure joy Holly! Congratulations!!

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

WOW! Where do I even start with Mickie? First of all, she knows her stuff. A sign of a fantastic artist is the ability to adjust his or her skills to fit the exact needs of the client, even when the client is not quite sure what they want in the first place! I noticed this right away when Mickie came to my future mother-in-law’s house for a bridal makeup and hair trial. Right from the start she and her wonderful husband-assistant, Anthony, not only worked with professionalism and finesse, but they also made us feel as though they were old friends. Mickie listened to what I was looking for, made helpful suggestions, and even went with some of my crazy ideas for a look that had been floating around in my head for the past year. This carried over into the wedding day, where Mickie made adjustments to my look and added so much fun, joy, and positivity to the dynamic of the bridal party. We could not have been more relaxed or excited for the evening. So thank you, THANK YOU, Mickie and Anthony for giving us so many memories for our wedding day- we all felt confident and absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 07/05/2018

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Thank you, Sarah, for your review! You and your bridal party of lovely ladies are amazing! It was my pleasure to provide the beauty services for your special day!

Samantha · Married on 06/12/2018

Mickie and her assistant, Anthony, were wonderful to work with. Mickie was very friendly and easy to work with throughout the entire process from booking her services to wedding day hair and make-up. I highly recommend working with Mickie! She is very talented and she will make sure that you look glamorous for your big day!

Sent on 07/03/2018

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Sam! Thank you for your sweet review of me, my assistant (wink), my work and the way we operate! Spending the morning with you was such a nice time! Your professional photos came out AMAZING! Congratulations to you both!!

Christine · Married on 05/18/2018

Mickie was a pleasure to work with. Having her do my make up for my wedding was one of the best and first decisions I made while wedding planning. Hair and Makeup was one thing I knew I was not going to want to worry about on my wedding day. I did tons of research, read reviews, looked through online portfolios/social media, and watched YouTube videos.

I contacted Mickie and within a couple hours we were on the phone getting to know one another. I knew right then I met my beauty consultant for my big day.

I scheduled a makeup trial, which I highly recommend if possible; especially if you are not accustomed to wearing makeup because it allows you to see what you may or may not like and adjust as needed before your big day.

Mickie has a great talent and passion for what she does. Her personality and kindness kept me calm and collected the entire morning of my wedding day. She has got an amazing system with her Husband and “Helpmate” Anthony. Setup, cleanup, and breakdown took little to no time allowing Mickie to focus entirely on me. I love how they were able to document my hair and makeup for the trial run and wedding day as my before, during and after. Teamwork Makes The Dream Work!

Just like Mickey Mouse says, “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Boy! Oh boy! did Mickie make my dream a reality. I have never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/19/2018

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Christine! You were a bridal client on my books for over a year! It was my pleasure to be there for you, to answer any questions that you had and to ultimately fulfill your dream wedding beauty look! You even threw me a curve-ball by changing up your make-up look close to the wedding day lol! ....I'm still getting tons of glowing comments on your wedding day make-up and hair! You're a true beauty, inside and out! Thank you for your review!

Dani · Married on 01/13/2018

The fun and laughter of our wedding day started the instant Mickie and her lovely assistant, Anthony, walked through the front door. Booking M by Mickie to do the hair and make-up for our wedding in Yosemite is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We came all the way from Australia and even though we’d been communicating via email for months, I didn’t get to meet Mickie until the wedding day so there was no time for a trial make-up session.

Mickie exceeded my expectations by a mile. My maid of honour and I were so thrilled with the look she created for us. When she finished, Mickie took the time to check every aspect of our make-up with us – eyes, brows, cheeks, lips – to make sure that we were absolutely happy with all of it before she started packing up. She brought the most sophisticated and professional set up, complete with portable lighting. The whole outfit was so impressive and, best of all, Mickie had the skills to match.

Aside from our fabulous hair and make-up, Mickie was an absolute delight to be around. She is warm and friendly and makes you feel relaxed instantly. She’s an excellent communicator, so professional and just a beautiful person. I simply cannot thank Mickie enough for being such an amazing part of our day. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sent on 02/04/2018
    M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions 1

M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions's reply:

Dani! Your wedding morning was so exciting and fun, we had the best time! I honestly didn't want it to end...but after all, you had to go get married LOL! You were on my books for almost a year! And it was a wonderful year of emails and getting to know you. I looked forward to your wedding day for so long...that when your wedding day came and gone, I missed you! I'm so glad that we have kept in touch via Instagram, I love seeing the both of you and your married life back home in Austrailia! Thank you for your review of my beauty services! Cheers!

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2017

I just had my hair and makeup trial with Mickie a few days ago. What a great experience! Let me tell you, I'm not really one to do well with getting really done up and not feeling (and looking!) like myself. But Mickie put me right at ease. First of all she had me provide her with hair and makeup looks that I liked and then she took the time to ask me about what I liked about the looks. She really listened to what I did and did not want and created a really lovely look for my upcoming wedding. The makeup application was beautiful. I feel like she was really able to accentuate my best features. She took time figuring out my thin, fine hair and was really able to get some body in there and make something beautiful and fun happen! Also, Mickie just has a really fun and welcoming personality which made me feel really comfortable. The worst part of the trial was at the end when I had to take my hair down and wash all that makeup off!

Also, my mom was present at the trial and is planning to have Mickie do her makeup on the wedding day. My mom can be a little...difficult, particular, blunt. Mickie handled her like a pro and took time to explain to her her makeup process and listened to my mom's concerns for the wedding day. After Mickie left my mom said "she was great!". Nice job Mickie! She's not an easy lady to win over :)

Joanna · Married on 09/09/2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Mickie and her husband Anthony, who assists Mickie. I have gone through hair and makeup two times with Mickie. First for my epic pre-wedding photoshoot (May 2017) and the second for my actual wedding (Sept 2017). Mickie is not only a trained artist (she was trained in LA doing celebrity makeup), but she is also very professional, understanding, and definitely will put the client's needs and desires first. She takes tremendous pride in her work and it's very important for her that the customer is happy with their looks after the session. Both times, my hair was perfect and my makeup was flawless. She knew when to apply heavier makeup (photoshoot day), and when to give me a more natural look (wedding day). She is excellent at color matching makeup against your natural tones, and she uses very high quality products on both makeup and hair styling. I was pleasantly stunned to see the outcome, she is a very talented artist!

I would recommend Mickie if you are looking for quality, highest levels of professionalism, and a stunning outcome. She will not disappoint! I look forward to working with Mickie again and will definitely recommend her to my friends.

Joy · Married on 09/14/2013

Mickie is a ray of sunshine! She did a great job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. Went by the pictures I sent, was willing to travel, & even stayed within my budget. Love her!!

Jenell · Married on 07/07/2013

Mickie did a wonderful job on my wedding make-up and hair. She is friendly and just fun to be around. She was prompt and and you could really tell that she loves her job. She made me feel beautiful for my special day and in all my pictures. I would recommend her to anyone who needs hair and make-up and would definitely use her again for any special occasion. Thank you Mickie!

Sara · Married on 05/11/2013

Mickie was not only on time but 10 mins early! I wanted to look outstanding for Prom. I wanted to feel and look beautiful for once and that is exactly what was achieved and much more all thanks to Mickie she is such a sweetheart and so professional. My hair and make-up stayed all night long and was so perfect. People were jaw-dropping when realizing "that really pretty" girl was ME! I even decided to hire Mickie again for Senior pictures, next prom, graduation, wedding, etc. Mickie is awesome, prices reasonable, make-up wonderful, so professionai felt like a celebrityl, and so sweet. THANK YOU MICKIE! :)

Runa · Married on 07/07/2012

We chose Yosemite Park as a destination wedding location and I was torn about what to do about my make-up. We kept the wedding small and intimate and part of me wanted to just do my own make-up, but my step-sister (and Maid-of-Honor) chastised me: “You say you don't care now, but if you don’t like your pictures, then you won't like looking at them for the rest of your life.” She was right – I was spending a lot of money on our photographer so I agreed to have her locate a make-up artist for our big day.

She found M by Mickie because her fees seemed reasonable (some others local artists were outrageous!) and I had no idea what to expect since there was no way I could fly across the country to meet Mickie before my big day.

But Mickie was fabulous! She was pleasant, cheerful, and very talented. She made me feel comfortable and the love she has for her job was immediately evident. She isn't doing this solely to make a living, but because she genuinely enjoys doing it.

She did a wonderful job on my make-up and it lasted the entire day, through our morning ceremony and evening reception. I also learned the joys of false lashes and other make-up tips from her.

I’d received so many compliments from strangers on the day of, telling me how beautiful I looked, and the photos all turned out amazing! I look like a model in them!

I would highly recommend M by Mickie for wedding make-up, but I can see how she can translate her skills to any type of make-up work.

Thanks again, Mickie, for helping make our big day flawless!

steven · Married on 01/15/2012

I Love Mickie. She is such a great make up artist, and a really good friend. Shes very personable, flexible, and very professional. I highly recommend Mickie due to her being all you could ask for in a artist. shes nice, and lets you decide what you want. shes also extremely energetic, in her personality, and in her work. she makes you feel like a princess; that you are the most important person in the world. Mickie is just great. Great in every aspect. and im sure that if i ever get married, i will ask HER to be my make up artist. shes fabulous. Not to mention beautiful from H2T(Head to toe). I highly recommend her services.

B · Married on 10/08/2011

Mickie did a lovely job on my hair and makeup for my wedding last year. She is very easy to work with and very professional. Mickie knew what would look good on camera, and my makeup lasted all day. I would confidently recommend Mickie for anyone's special occasion or photo session.

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2008

Mickie did my make-up on July 5th, 2008 for my wedding. She drove an hour and a half to meet me near the location of the wedding. She did a beautiful job, and I looked the way I had always hoped on my wedding day. I am very particular about my make-up. I rarely wear much make-up and am always wary that it will look unnatural. Mickie accentuated my features without using too much make-up that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Marnie · Married on 05/02/1998

Mickie did an awesome job. I felt completely relaxed and very comfortable with her doing my makeup. She was very professional and showed me a few tips. If you want to look and feel beautiful book M by Mickie.

Hang · Married on 10/14/2014

3.5

If you are lucky enough to get married in Yosemite National Park or any of the places nearby, do yourself a favor and book Mickie Hanson. She is phenomenal and so talented. I booked a consultation with her a few months before my wedding so we could plan my Wedding Day Look, and it was worth the time, effort, and pennies. We created a beautiful look for me, and because of that consult, she had more time to spend on my mom and MOH. Her positive energy before, during, and after our makeup session helped me feel so good that it carried me throughout the day. Mickie's hair and makeup held up despite the wind, the hugs and kisses, and all the running around with our photographer to capture beautiful pictures. Towards the evening, our guests all asked how was it possible that I still looked as fresh and beautiful as I did in the morning. I think that is one of the most wonderful compliments that any bride can have on her big day. I adore Mickie and thank my lucky star that she was part of my wedding day team.