Lyman Estate Reviews

44 | Waltham, MA

44 Reviews for Lyman Estate

44 Lyman Estate Reviews

Laura · Married on 08/18/2018

We chose the Lyman Estate for our wedding because the inside of the house was just as beautiful and unique as the grounds outside so we knew we would be just as happy with Plan B (having the ceremony inside) as we would outside (Plan A). Lucky for us - it rained :)

We feel truly lucky to have been at the Lyman for our wedding. The ballroom provided an intimate setting for our ceremony that we could not have replicated outdoors. The house itself is so beautiful and interesting that it kept our guests entertained as they moved from one room to the next. We also loved that there was a bride’s suite and a groom’s suite for getting ready. Once the rain passed, we were able to be outside for pictures and use the grounds for lawn games. We also got some amazing photos in the greenhouse. Our wedding was exactly how we were hoping it would be and our guests have all been raving about the Lyman as a unique and fun venue. On top of the beautiful venue, the Lyman Estate has a great staff that is present and helpful both during the planning process and on the day of the wedding. They ensured that the day went off without a hitch and that we didn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. Thanks Nicole! We highly recommend the Lyman Estate!

• Nat

Carol · Married on 03/10/2018

We spent a long time looking for a venue and the Lyman Estate had everything we wanted. The house and grounds are beautiful and required minimal additional decorating and the staff are fantastic and super responsive. No matter how small the question I emailed about, they were always happy to answer it. On the day of, everything was executed perfectly as well. I couldn't be happier about the choice to pick the Lyman Estate!

Paula · Married on 11/10/2017

The Lyman mansion and grounds are breathtaking and make a stunning backdrop for any wedding. My husband and I fell in love with the Lyman Estate and had an off-season reception there. Though we got unlucky with unseasonably cold weather, we were able to have an indoor reception in November for 129 people after our off-site ceremony. Our guests complimented our venue all night, and the "flipping" of the spaces was no trouble at all. We also loved the opportunity to get dressed and take pre-ceremony photos at Lyman. As a warning, the Greenhouse is unfortunately closed on holidays, so we missed out on those pictures.

Nicole was a joy to work with, and such a professional. We felt confident that our reception would run smoothly because of her, and it did. The day-of, Nicole made sure that we stayed on schedule and worked with the caterers to successfully execute our party. Leading up to the wedding, Nicole checked in to make sure our plans were good to go, and that we were all on the same page. My husband and I planned our wedding on our own and were so grateful for Nicole's expertise.

We love Lyman and so recommend it!

Lyman Estate 1
    Lyman Estate 8
    Lyman Estate 9
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 11/03/2017

This was my dream venue. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and was perfect for the size and style wedding that I wanted. Because we chose a Friday right at the start of the off-season, it was very affordable. One of the best things about this venue, besides how stunning it it, is it’s versatility. It was no problem to change our plans the morning of the wedding to move things outside when the weather worked in our favor, and it was nice to have multiple rooms for the guests to roam through.

Nicole was so helpful from when she gave us our first tour to our wedding day. She was so friendly and always ready to answer my questions. And on our wedding day, she and Melissa were just wonderful in making everything happen. They’d worked with our other vendors before, and they knew just how to make things fall into place. I would rent the Lyman Estate again in a heartbeat!

samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

The Lyman Estate's was an amazing location for our wedding in October 2017. The second my husband and I saw Lyman Estate we fell in love with the mansion, the greenhouse and the grounds. We loved the ability to be able to have our ceremony and reception outside but have our guests have the ability to be able to utilize the mansion throughout the night. On the day of our wedding we got lucky and had unseasonably warm weather and were able to utilize all areas of Lyman. Our guests were blown away with the venue.

Nicole was amazing to work with from the first time we met to the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding she made sure everything was on schedule and everything I had brought the day before was set up perfectly. She came into the bridal suite to check on me on numerous occasions and to see if there was anything that she could do. Nicole stayed with us to the very end and made sure we had the most wonderful day.

I can not say enough wonderful things about the Lyman Estate. Nicole made us feel special and have a backdrop as the Lyman was truly magical!

Samantha and Eric

Taasi · Married on 09/22/2017

Nicole at Lyman is the BEST. She was an allstar leading up to our wedding and especially on wedding day. She was always willing to answer my 57869382 questions when they came to my mind. We used Tastings Catering on our big day and the partnership between the caterer and Nicole was fantastic. Everything ran smoothly, and Nicole did everything in her power to keep the day of drama away from us! (not that there was much, but I appriciated the effort regardless of issue) If you are considering the Lyman, I 100% think it is worth it. She is sweet and the venue is absolutely stunning.

Jullieanne · Married on 09/15/2017

Not only can we speak to this venue as one bride... but we are a TWO bride wedding party. And we can firmly say, we give Lyman Estate and onsite Wedding and Event Coordinator Nicole Marie FOUR thumbs ups. I cannot begin to say enough great things about Lyman Estate and Nicole. From the moment my wife and I first viewed the estate with Nicole, through our booking experience, throughout our planning and countdown, to the day of our wedding has been an amazing experience.

After attending site and grounds visits with well over 10 different venues, we viewed the Lyman Estate last, and immediately fell in love. Their ballroom is stunning and the neutral colors go with everything. Nicole told us everything we needed to know on this initial visit and walked through our general feel and vision as to if the Lyman would fit in with our dream wedding thoughts. And it did. But it was having Nicole by our side as a couple every step of the way, that really sealed the deal with our booking the Lyman.

Nicole's quick and thoughtful response time was not only the best service I've ever experienced, she went above and beyond each time. Her attention to detail, professionalism and efforts the day-of our wedding not only gave us full and complete peace of mind, she made us truly experience the warmth of this historical place and feel like for this one special day, we shared this home with all who help upkeep it on a daily bases. Any client of Nicole's can easily tell how much she loves her job, and what she does for couples. Day of worries or questions, she took care of us fully and completely... triggering our shining 5 star review of this venue, and recommending all our friends and family to consider the Lyman for their upcoming weddings and special events.

After our wedding, I can honestly say that booking Lyman with Nicole was one of the best decisions that we made. Believe us when we say... check out Lyman Estate with Nicole Marie, I promise you that you won't regret it!

Lyman Estate 10
    Lyman Estate 11

Nell · Married on 07/07/2017

This place is a dream. We got married July 7th and couldnt have been happier with choosing the Lyman Estate. I was blown away by Nicole's welcome on the day we went to see the venue - she clearly loves her job, and she is VERY good at it. We felt so taken care of from the start. She was very professional and answered all of our questions promptly. We had planned our ceremony and dinner outside, but it rained the day of the wedding up until 30 minutes before the ceremony. The staff at Lyman (Melissa, Maura, and Nicole) were excellent at coordinating the last minute decision to hold the ceremony outdoors. Melissa and Maura were so attentive and kind, and Maura even carried my train until I reached the grass so that it wouldn't get muddy. Our dinner was indoors which was an absolutely gorgeous setting. Many of our guests commented on how amazing the venue was. This place truly is a gem and we are so happy we were married there. Thank you Lyman!

Sadye · Married on 07/02/2017

My husband and I got married at the Lyman Estate earlier this month. We were very happy with our venue choice! We had originally planned to get married in our friend’s magical garden in Maine, but had to change plans when our guest list landed around 80 people. We searched lots of Boston-area venues for a similar romantic secret garden feel. We selected Lyman because of its spacious and well-maintained outside space – a greenhouse, giant trees with soft sweeping branches, secluded forested spots with sunlight streaming in from above, brick walls coated with ivy. It was beautiful! Our ceremony was outside and we rented a tent for the reception. We personally didn’t want to use the inside of the Estate, but it’s also gorgeous and includes a study, ballroom, and several other rooms lined with floral wallpaper and old details. We did use two charming pink and blue rooms upstairs to put on our dresses and suits. Lyman included all of our white garden chairs and tables within their very reasonable price.
    The onsite coordinator Nicole was an absolutely crucial part of our wedding day. She was incredibly responsive to emails (usually within just 10 minutes!) and never made me feel silly for asking a million questions. From the big coordination tasks to the smallest details she helped our wedding day run smoothly. If there were any problems with other vendors or guests I never knew, which helped me to fully celebrate the day!

Brendan · Married on 06/23/2017

The venue and wedding coordinator are two of the biggest decisions you have to make, just above caterer and just below your future spouse. The venue sets the stage for everything you want your day to be, and your coordinator is the stage manager. It is easy to get stressed out by all the things you need to consider - price, capacity, floor plan, flow, will Aunt Jeanine approve? - and feel overwhelmed. Put simply: the Lyman Estate and Nicole Skarbek are all you need to make your wedding the perfect day you hope for.

The Lyman Estate is elegant and versatile. It is great for intimate and grand celebrations alike. We decided to have a free-flowing party for our 140 guests with passed hors d'oeuvres, multiple food stations, and a bar in the library. This allowed our guests to explore the mansion which, we felt, was part of the fun. The space can be just as easily set up for a more formal sit-down dinner, or with a tent on the lawn. Any setup will allow you to feel fancy for a night. AND, perhaps best of all, because the Lyman Estate is part of Historic New England, the cost to rent the venue is almost unbelievably affordable. If you're on a tighter budget but would still like a grand venue, the Lyman Estate is the perfect combination.

The venue may hark back to days of landed gentry and lawn parties of the aristocracy, but Nicole hasn't a sliver of arrogance or attitude. She is hard-working, detail oriented, maintains good relationships with all vendors, is ready to answer any questions and talk you down from every ledge, and she does it all with a buoyant and contagious positivity. Every idea we had was met with enthusiasm, any concern with assured thoughtfulness, and any problem (of which there were very few because Nicole was on top of it all) with experienced calm and practical solutions.

We are thrilled to recommend the Lyman Estate and Nicole! Even Aunt Jeanine will love it!

• User4880311 · 1+ year ago

Gorgeous venue! The cost was the best BY FAR than anything I had seen (I went to five or six places and was in contact with several others). Their function coordinator Nicole is funny, laid-back and extremely helpful. I feel lucky to have found this place.

Keelin · Married on 06/10/2017

As one of the first choices to make in a wedding planning process, it was stressful to wade into the choices and to pick a venue that would set the stage for the rest of the celebration. When we visited the Lyman Estate, it really started to click together and it ended up being such a perfect place to get married. Weddings are expensive, but in our area this was one of the less expensive choices, and it felt good to be supporting a nonprofit through our wedding. The estate has so many great amenities; multiple bathrooms, AC and heat for all weather conditions, great choices for the ceremony, and so many beautiful spaces. We particularly enjoy the grumpy portraits and model ship. It was private; guests loved it and we set up games on the lawn for those that wanted to linger outside. We were a little worried about splitting guests up between several rooms for dinner, but it worked out very well. Nicole was very responsive and answered all questions at all hours leading up to the event. Melissa the day of was professional, kind and there whenever we needed her. Overall, a dream venue.

Stacia · Married on 06/09/2017

My husband and I ran into some issues with our original venue and needed to look elsewhere. We came across The Lyman Estate and got paired with Nicole! It was meant to be. We pulled a wedding together in 5 weeks. The Estate is incredibly stunning. Our wedding was amazing! Nicole was incredible. She was so accommodating, friendly, stress free everything you need her to be when you’re planning an event. She was stress free and that was just what I needed. She took control where she needed to. I would recommend this venue and Nicole to anyone and everyone! It’s without a doubt an amazing venue and the staff is the best!

Lyman Estate 12

Jamal · Married on 04/28/2017

Nicole and the staff at Lyman Estate were absolutely the greatest! We couldn’t have asked for anything more. Nicole went above and beyond to make sure everything went off without a hitch.

Lyman Estate 13
    Lyman Estate 20
    Lyman Estate 21
    Lyman Estate 22

Audrey · Married on 10/22/2016

We got married at the Lyman Estate in October 2016 and it was a fantastic experience! Nicole was the coordinator and she was beyond helpful and professional. I worked with Nicole for about a year planning the wedding and at every step of the way, she was knowledgeable, supportive, responsive, and answered all my questions. I felt very relaxed on the wedding day knowing that Nicole was taking care of every little detail! Our wedding went off flawlessly. It ended up being a rainy day so the wedding was all inside but the venue is so beautiful that it worked out great. There are so many spots to take amazing photographs on the grounds and inside the house. You really can't find a more beautiful location. I would highly recommend Lyman Estate and Nicole for a memorable wedding day!

Grace · Married on 10/07/2016

We have been working with the Lyman Estate for the last several months for our October 2016 wedding, and we could not be happier! The house is absolutely beautiful, and Nicole has been amazing as our coordinator -- she has answered every question we've thrown her way, including recommendations on our caterer, DJ and a salon for my hair and makeup on the big day. I had no idea what our ideal venue would be until we saw the Lyman -- it's perfection!

Leeann · Married on 09/27/2015

We knew from the moment we visited the Lyman Estate that it would be perfect for our wedding in September 2015. The house and grounds are beautiful, and it meant a lot to us to have such a special and unique venue: a historic house whose event fees help keep it and the other historic properties of Historic New England going. Its layout was perfect for the kind of event we wanted, an elegant but laid-back cocktail-party type affair with passed hors d'oeuvres and small plates, rather than a sit down dinner. Our guests loved being able to wander the grounds, socialize in the various rooms and sit on the furniture, dance in the ballroom, and get some fresh air out on the veranda. We had gorgeous weather, so we were able to take advantage of the beautiful grounds for our ceremony and photos. Their trusted vendor list of fantastic vendors who know the place inside and out, as well their included tables and chairs, made everything so incredibly easy. We can't recommend the Lyman Estate enough.

Lydia · Married on 06/05/2015

I got married at the Lyman Estate this past Friday, and I have to say, I would choose to get married there again 100 times over. Not only is the backyard garden and peach wall an absolutely perfect ceremony location, but the inside of the building is stunning as well – beautiful cheery wallpaper, HUGE windows, gorgeous hardwood floors and décor. It made for an amazing venue through and through. Even if it had rained, our ceremony would have been gorgeous indoors. You can’t beat it. The staff was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process.

Betty Jeanne · Married on 05/24/2015

Absolutely dream wedding venue - I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and our guests were blown away by it. What I found especially helpful is that Lyman works with particular vendors (i.e. caterers) who are extensively familiar with the venue and how to make the most of it. We worked with Boston Catering & Events, who made a fantastic team with the Lyman staff. I learned that Lyman is used for all kinds of events - from quite small, to quite large as our wedding was - and I can see how it's a very flexible space for that range. Another tip: check out one of their tours on the weekend to learn about the history of the estate. It made me even more excited for my wedding to happen there.

The Lyman Estate is the perfect venue for a wedding. Our wedding was on a cold, rainy day, and the Lyman Estate was breathtaking in spite of the less-than-ideal weather. The ballroom is a beautiful spot for a ceremony (we had 85 guests...might have been a bit crowded with more than that). The library is such an awesome room, and it makes for a very classy bar. Some of our older guests enjoyed chatting in the library away from the noisy dance floor, and the young and young-at-heart danced the night away in the ballroom. Demi and Mike are very professional and make everything easy.

Courtney · Married on 09/05/2014

We had our reception at the Lyman Estate and it was just lovely! The grounds and house are gorgeous and you do not need to worry about going crazy with decorations. Mike and Demi are two of the nicest people who were so helpful! The vendors they work with know them really well which means they were knowledgeable about every aspect of our wedding. The site was amazing but they people who work there made it that much more special

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2014

The Lyman Estate was a beautiful selection for our wedding. We had a 136 quests, and choose the location because we wanted to love where we were getting married even if it rained!

One element that we enjoyed about the Lyman Estate is that guests ate dinner in separate rooms. After dinner, this allowed guests to move through the house and find spaces to sit and talk together - or move to the ballroom if they wanted to dance. This isn't the ideal situation for everyone - but it was perfect for us!

Our contacts at the historic house were prompt and professional in their responses, clear with the policies of the house, but also flexible with allowing us to bring decorations (we created paper cranes which we hung up in the house). During the wedding, someone was on hand to help answer questions and make sure that the evening flowed smoothly.

Dave · Married on 09/14/2013

Demi and Michael, cannot thank you enough.

The Lyman Estate was a dream come true. Not only is this estate spectacularly beautiful, the staff and coordinators did nothing but absolutely exceed everything we could've wanted.

Demi and Michael were professional, courteous, and so caring, that planning never really felt like "planning." They were gracious and helpful, even helped us choose some of our other vendors. From the moment the bride and bridesmaids arrived, til the late night hours packing up with the other vendors, Michael and Demi were there for us. I know it mustn't be an easy task, but our wedding simply wouldn't have been the same without them.

Thank you Demi and Michael, for truly making a difference on our day.

Laura · Married on 06/21/2013

My wedding was amazing. From the moment I met Demi the wedding coordinator, I felt comfortable. She was pleasant and knowledgeable. She recommended the caterers and the food was amazing. The setting is perfect for a wedding and reception. The grounds are beautiful and we were lucky to have a nice day, but the inside is gorgeous too. Guests have the luxury of gathering indoors and out. The veranda is the perfect setting for pictures and for all your toasts. I am so happy that I chose the Lyman Estate for our wedding.