Lyceum of Galveston Island Reviews

Lyceum of Galveston Island 4
  • Carmelita

Carmelita Margarita · Married on 04/20/2019

Stunning location

I FELL IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. BUILT IN 1850 AND FLOOR TO CEILING STAINED GLASS WINDOWS WILL DRAW YOU IN. SO HAPPY TO BE WORKING WITH CYNTHIA WHO HAS SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE ON THE HISTORY OF THE LYCEUM AND HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY A DREAM TO WORK WITH, VERY KIND AND RESPONDS QUICKLY.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Shelley · Married on 12/01/2018

Excellent Service

Wonderful people, wonderful service and a beautiful facility! They work endlessly to provide you with the best service possible.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Mack

MacKinsey · Married on 10/20/2018

Best venue in Galveston

If you are looking for a beautiful, budget-friendly venue in the Houston/Galveston area...look no further!! Both Cynthia and Brenda are responsive, helpful, and easy to work with. Brenda helped our rehearsal and wedding run smoothly. My husband and I fell in love with the floor-to-ceiling stained glass windows the moment we walked in. The place is full of romantic style and historic charm!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Eryn · Married on 09/29/2018

This venue is breath taking! From th eminent we walked in we knew this was it. Cynthia and Brenda are amazing and helpful. They answered all questions and emails promptly and were available when we wanted to do my bridals and the rehearsal. The day of Brenda was there to open the doors and helped with setup and take down. We received so many comments on how beautiful the venue was. The pictures turn out so well with all the stained glass. Can’t recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/26/2018

Beautiful Venue! My son and his husband had their wedding at the Lyceum in June and everything about this venue was perfect. The inside is gorgeous with all of the stained glass. The outside is great with the gazebo. We just loved Cynthia from the beginning. She was so nice and was always helpful and replied fast to every question. She worked very hard to make sure the lights outside were set up for the wedding and they were perfect. Brenda was so helpful on the day of the ceremony. She was really nice and helped us make sure all was perfect before, during, and after the wedding. I highly recommend The Lyceum!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Lyceum of Galveston Island 5
    Lyceum of Galveston Island 6
    Lyceum of Galveston Island 7
  • Jami

Jami · Married on 06/10/2017

We booked the Lyceum for our wedding in July and the venue is absolutely gorgeous! It is perfect for having your wedding and reception all in one place and Cynthia is so flexible and great about responding to emails, answering questions, and helping you along the way. The beautifully restored hardwood floors, ceiling and stained glass windows are gorgeous. Could not have found a better place for our special day than The Lyceum

Sent on 03/08/2016

Stacey · Married on 11/20/2016

What a wonderful place that holds so much history and charm. Our night was certainly a fairy tale and this building just comes alive at night! The picture opportunities are amazing here! Cynthia and Brenda knew exactly what to do to make sure our special night was perfect. Huge shout out to Brenda for going above and beyond to organize in our last minute slight hiccup in plans. Our wedding was in November, and we couldn't have been happier with sharing our special night with the Lyceum! Affordable and beautiful!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Lyceum of Galveston Island 8

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2016

Top notch service and the value is amazing! Cynthia and her staff were very accommodating in regards to the payment plan and deposit along with any questions or concerns that I had. The venue is absolutely GORGEOUS and our wedding day was amazing. One of my really good friends got married here 3 years ago and I absolutely fell in love with the venue as it is seriously stunning! The only downside is that the bridal suite is really small, but it's a small price to pay for the cost and scenery of the venue. Overall five stars hands down!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Ashlyn · Married on 05/14/2016

The Lyceum is so gorgeous, inside and out! Cynthia, Linda and Brenda were so helpful. I attended an open house in January and got to see the beautiful architecture and stained glass windows. The venue itself can be set up in several different ways. We rented both sides of the venue Lyceta and the Lyceum, to have a ceremony side and a reception side. It worked out fabulous. There's a small bridal suite where you can get ready in, but I recommend bringing a little fan (We got married in My and it was a little warm). There's also an elevator for those guests who need accommodations. Brenda was there the day of the wedding and she was just amazing. She even helped cut our cake. If you want a classic, beautiful venue that has a "church feel" without being restricted on certain vendors, then this is the place for you!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Erin · Married on 03/05/2016

Cynthia and her staff were awesome, especially Brenda! We did engagement and bridal photoshoots, as well our reception. They were so flexible about everything, especially the photoshoots.Brenda brought us wine and appetizers in the waiting room prior to our grand entrance. It was greatly appreciated by husband and me, as well as our attendants! beautiful venue and amazing staff!

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • Audrie

Audrie · Married on 01/16/2016

We fell in love with the Lyceum when we went to view it. The architecture, old wooden floors and walls, and the stained glass windows were so romantic! Cynthia, Linda and Brenda were all very helpful. Cynthia responded to my emails and phone calls within a reasonable time answering all my questions throughout the months of preparation (and I had a lot!). She was flexible in helping me prepare for the big day. Linda helped out with explaining how the floor plan could be set up best and helped with our lighting and sound checks. Brenda was the coordinator on the day-of and she kept everything and everyone in line. All of them were great in answering the million questions we had because I was so nervous. The Lyceum provided the tables and chairs set-up and break-down which was a GREAT help! On the day-of when we would have a guest come up to congratulate us, each and every one commented about how much the loved the venue and asked how we found it! It is a great deal, lovely place and will definitely make your big day feel like a romantic fairy tale. It's charm can go with any theme and it was absolutely PERFECT for ours!

Sent on 02/04/2016

They were absolutely amazing. From the beginning Cynthia was so quick to respond and so patient with all of my questions. I'm a naturally anxious/perfectionist so of course I had about 30 questions in my very first email. They were so accommodating. I had a destination wedding and they were willing to open early on a Saturday so we could make some other appointments that day. It's absolutely gorgeous. Our pictures with the stained glass are gorgeous and it really set the mood of our wedding. The woodwork is breathtaking. On the day of the wedding the caretaker made sure we knew where to go and even helped carry my train she was so, so sweet. Can't give them enough high praise.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Nancy · Married on 02/19/2011

(I think I left a review for The Lyceum, but my daughter's wedding date was WAYmessed up - wanted the readers to know that this review was for a wedding that took place 02/19/2011...........) So, once again: The Lyceum (in Glaveston) is a wonderful place for any wedding and/or reception. The historical look & feel of the church helps to create a perfect place for any wedding. The wooden floors, the stained glass windows, the stairs leading into The Lyceum - it really is a beautiful venue. The coordinator, Cynthia, is incredibly easy to work with and returns phone calls in a prompt manner. Galveston is a great place to host a wedding and The Lyceum is a must-see venue. My daughter actually found The Lyceum while looking in Galveston for a church - we couldn't believe how reasonably priced it was and how easy Cynthia was to work with. A great facility at a great price -- just wonderful. Thanks Cynthia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2011

Kim · Married on 02/19/2011

Cynthia and her staff are amazing to work with! They made everything run so smoothly. The Lyceum is GORGEOUS and I would recommend it to any bride!

Sent on 05/06/2011

Heather · Married on 04/24/2015

Beautiful place, so helpful when i needed it . Everything turned out amazing :-)

Sent on 05/19/2015

Deena · Married on 10/21/2017

3.0

This is a beautiful and affordable venue and the staff is excellent. We have booked this venue for October 2017 and can't wait to start planning the day.

Sent on 04/12/2016