Lush Cakery Reviews

Lush Cakery 6
Lush Cakery 7
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/03/2019

As delicious as it was beautiful!

Our beautiful wedding cake came from Lush Cakery and Kat made it everything we could have wanted! We sat down and told her everything we wanted in our wedding cake and she made our dreams come true! We ended up going with lemon and black tie (chocolate) and they were both so delicious! We would recommend Kat to everyone! Thank you for making our special day even more so!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 05/26/2019

Do I really have to wait a year for this delicious cake again??

So, I crave our wedding cake on a daily basis and really wish I didn't have to wait til our 1 year anniversary to dig in to the anniversary cake she so kindly boxed up for us beforehand (and we traveled with in our Uhaul from ATL to SLC, Utah because it's THAT good)! :) Kat is so incredibly talented!! We loved every flavor we got to try, and ended up selecting her (non-traditional) chocolate peanut butter flavor as our entire cake because it was just too delicious and we have received so many compliments! We were connected to Kat through the Wheeler House and we are so thankful!! Thank you, Kat!!! P.S. - follow her insta for all of her amazing cake inspo

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Lush Cakery 8

Hayley Brooks · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake

Kat made my wedding cake and it was both beautiful and delicious. At our first tasting, she allowed us to try a variety of flavors and we ended up selecting white chocolate raspberry amaretto and peanut butter chocolate. When we discussed the design I wanted for the cake, she knew exactly what I was talking about and had several examples of similar cakes she had done. Our wedding cake turned out to be beautiful, with moist layers and frosting that tasted amazing. We had many guests talk about how delicious our cake was and I couldn't agree more. I am so thrilled that I was able to work with Kat because her work is amazing and she was so easy to work with. I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Lush Cakery 9
    Lush Cakery 10
  • Alex

Alex Robertson · Married on 03/02/2019

Best cake!!

Our wedding cake was absolutely AMAZING! Kat is so easy to work with and knew exactly what I wanted after our initial appointment for the look of our cake. Not to mention it tastes even better!! I had so many guests ask me about who made our cake - we couldn't have asked for a better vendor!

Sent on 09/08/2019
    Lush Cakery 11
    Lush Cakery 12
    Lush Cakery 13

Kate Zeliff · Married on 01/20/2019

Lush Cakery and Satellite Cakes

I love cakes. Matthew, my husband, loves me. So, for our wedding we both wanted our guests to eat great cake! We chose to host our ceremony and reception at The Wheeler House and their packages include Lush Cakery for the wedding cake. A few months before our wedding, I emailed Kat asking if we could personalize the wedding cake package to include five cakes (all with different flavors and icings) representing four places that are special to Matthew and me as well as a traditional wedding cake. I sent her a list of the four places and our ideas for each cake's flavor profile. Kat replied within two days with her suggestions of batter, icing, filling, and look for each cake. And, some of the best news, that we would be able to have five cakes (all with two or more layers) for just a slight up charge to the package. On our wedding day, each cake looked beautiful and helped tell Matthew and my love story! Our flower girl said, "I just want to stuff my face in all of them!". Our guests enjoyed multiple slices and after the wedding my parents took the remaining six slices home finishing them before Matthew and I returned from our trip. The Wheeler House also snuck two slices in Matthew's and I get-away car and we enjoyed them on our first day of marriage after a hot power yoga class. Our favorite flavor was the blueberry lemon cake and the red raspberry amarillo white chocolate.

In short: Kat and Lush Cakery are creative, affordable, professional and make good cake that looks beautiful but tastes better.

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 01/12/2019

Wedding Cake Perfection

As an avid cake eater, my wedding cake was super important to me because I wanted it to be the most delicious cake ever. I can honestly say that it was! We didn't enjoy others cakes that we had tried at previous weddings we had been to so we reached out to Kat with Lush because she was recommended to us by our month of planner. Kat was very responsive and invited us for a free cake tasting at her ADORABLE shop in Marietta Square. We tried four amazing flavors that were her most popular and chose two. It was a tough choice because they were all so delicious. We ended up with salted caramel and hazelnut chocolate. They were by far the most moist, great-textured cakes we have ever had. The icing was amazing as well, not too sweet and a great texture. Our cake not only tasted amazing but it looked perfect as well and very reasonably priced. We planned to save the top of our cake for our one year anniversary but it was seriously too good that we ate it after our wedding. We will just have to order another cake from her for our anniversary!

Sent on 02/03/2019
    Lush Cakery 14
  • Amiee

Amiee · Married on 12/31/2018

Not just our wedding cake baker.....

Can not say enough about Kat. Along with making our wedding cake, she has become our go to for birthday cakes, events and anything else to which we can bring her delicious confections. She listened, offered wonderful ideas, worked with me with some of my crazy ideas- and drove our cake on New Years Eve from Georgia to North Carolina. She is wonderful, her cakes are wonderful, and we were so glad to have her on our team for many special days!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Lush Cakery 15

Jordan · Married on 12/15/2018

So delicious!

Our cake made by Lush Cakery was absolutely delicious! We have had the pleasure of tasting their cakes at parties and other weddings and knew we wanted a Lush Cakery cake . The cinnamon cake with the vanilla butter cream is our favorite by far. We met with Kat at her adorable shop in Marietta Square for a tasting and to discuss the details. The whole process was super easy and our cake was beautiful. The design matched the feel of our wedding and the guests raved about how delicious it was. She also offers an anniversary cake so that you don't have to save the top for a whole year. Would recommend Lush Cakery to any bride!

Sent on 02/28/2019
    Lush Cakery 16
    Lush Cakery 17
  • Alexa

Alexa Kwartin · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely delicious!

Kat made us a beautiful funfetti cake with two different flavors (salted caramel and a white chocolate amaretto raspberry) of fabulous frosting. It was, hands down, the most delicious wedding cake I've ever eaten. I have never seen a wedding cake get eaten so quickly! Everyone raved about how yummy the cake was. My only regret is that I didn't have more leftovers, as the entire cake was consumed minus two tiny slivers they saved for us. Guess we'll have to see if Kat can make us a tiny cake for our anniversary :)
    I would highly recommend Lush Cakery to anyone wanting a delicious cake for a special occasion!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing!

Lush was a preferred vendor via our venue and we couldn't be more pleased! We met Kat at our tasting and I knew we made the right decision, she is so sweet and truly cares about making your vision come to life! Not to mention the fact that her shop is ADORABLE! Our wedding day came and the cake was a work of art! It was exactly what we asked for and more. We picked salted caramel and vanilla cinnamon, our guests couldn't stop raving about the cake! It was honestly the best cake I've ever had! Lush has made lifetime customers out of us!! If you are looking for a cake look no further!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Lush Cakery 18
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/06/2018

Deliciously beautiful!

My husband and I had an atypical request for our cake, we wanted one of the layers to be funfetti, but we still wanted it to look like a normal naked cake on the outside. Kat was wonderful about trying this out and the cake was delicious and beautiful! She is very easy to talk to and get ahold of. We loved it!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Lush Cakery 19
    Lush Cakery 20
    Lush Cakery 21

KRIS · Married on 09/15/2018

We had a wonderful experience. Our wedding was up in the mountains. She helped answer all of my questions, let me come prior to store opening to pick up the cake and put it in a travel safe box. The cake was exactly how we wanted it to look. Also, the cake tasted amazing.

Sent on 09/22/2018
    Lush Cakery 22

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2018

I loved working with Kat! Her designs are beautiful, but more than that I wanted cake that was super yummy! My tasting was so fun and she answered all my questions about the options for a Groom's cake as well. My guests raved about how wonderful both cakes were!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Caity · Married on 07/29/2018

This is the cake you're looking for. We tried 3 different bakers, and Kat was the best by a mile. It was the only tasting we actually enjoyed, and it was the best wedding cake I've ever had. We had a four tier cake with chocolate filling in two tiers and salted caramel in the other two—they were both too delicious to choose just one! The cake itself was rich and moist, unlike so many dry, bland wedding cakes I've tasted. It looked as beautiful as it tasted.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Shannon · Married on 07/14/2018

My fiance and I had our fair share of underwhelming wedding cakes so wanted to find a baker with high standards. After our first bite at the tasting, we knew we had to go with Lush Cakery. Her cakes were moist and creative, and not too sweet. We had a TON of people coming up to us during and after the wedding raving about the cake! One guest even told us he started passing the cake out to guests because it was so good he wanted to make sure everyone had some. We wouldn't recommend going with anyone other than Lush!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Allison · Married on 06/16/2018

Initially, I thought picking out wedding cake would be the easiest part of the wedding planning process. Unfortunately, I realized finding a quality baker was very difficult. I was incredibly happy to find Kat from Lush Cakery. Not only were her cakes delicious and fresh, she was a pleasure to work with. She was incredibly professional and personable. I absolutely loved how she was able to listen to my ideas of what my wedding cake should look like, and was then able to transform my vision into a reality. Both the wedding and groom’s cake were absolutely perfect and delicious. All of our guests raved about how wonderful the cake was, and wanted to know if there were extra slices!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Aislinn · Married on 04/20/2018

I am so happy to have found Kat and Lush Cakery for my wedding cake! Kat was great to communicate with from the tasting to anything in between. At the testing I was blown away by how delicious her cakes were! The cakes themselves were so moist and perfect and the icings and fillings were decadent! I never knew wedding cake could taste that good! Kat was also very helpful in assisting us in the design we wanted. Our wedding cake was gorgeous and tasted amazing! It totally exceeded our expectations of what a wedding cake should be. I would highly recommend Lush Cakery to anyone needing a wedding cake!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Lush Cakery 23

Alex · Married on 04/14/2018

So we were so excited for the cake part of planning... until our first tasting (I'll keep that one nameless). We got worried that we wouldn't find a cake that would be up to our standards - which are high in the dessert world. We're total foodies, but dessert is especially our jam. Enter Kat, who sealed the deal with us on first bite. Seriously. They're that good. All the flavors are incredible, so it's tough to decide, but we went with White Chocolate Amaretto with raspberry and Triple Chocolate Nutella. Our guests are still talking about it - and we're bummed we didn't have more leftovers! And if all that wasn't enough, Kat is a quality person and her design and creative skills are also top notch. Also, if you go to a tasting there, there's a good chance you'll see me and my husband buying goodies - we're hooked!!

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

We were so please with our cake from Lush Cakery. Kat was very responsive to my emails, since I planned my wedding long-distance. She helped me pick out flavors that fit our needs...and of course the cake was SO delicious. Many of our guests pulled us aside during the reception just to tell us how great the cake tasted (and they took it out on the dance floor with them, see photo). Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Lush Cakery 24
    Lush Cakery 25

Gail · Married on 11/10/2017

My guests RAVED about Kat’s Cake. It was not only beautiful but delicious. The cake looked exactly as we wanted it to.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/21/2017

Our cake was delicious and gorgeous! Lush Cakery came with our wedding venue and I️ am so so glad that they had this partnership. Kat is super creative and made the whole process so easy. She wasn’t pushing for us to do more and was honest with us on how much was needed with the guest count we had. The only thing we would have liked would have been to try more than 3 flavors of the cake. It would have been nice to tell her the ones we were interested in and then tasted those. She did have cakes at open houses but typically it was all the top three verses the other flavors. Highly recommend Lush Cakery! She was one of our favorite vendors and things about our wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Lush Cakery 26
    Lush Cakery 27

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

Kat amde us the most beautiful and delicious cake we could have asked for. She is sweet, listens, and responds quickly when a question arises. Guests raved about our cake! I will be hiring Kat for all future cakes I need baked.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Patti · Married on 06/24/2017

Kat- I am so pleased to have met you and hired Lush Cakery for our daughter's wedding cake and groom's cake!! Kat was so easy to work with, brought delicious samples to our meeting. While we were deciding on cakes, she showed us a pic of a groom's cake with Auburn theme she created, which we also fell in love with and actually used for our reception!! We received SO many compliments on the taste and freshness of the cake!! Kat- you are amazing, a beautiful person inside and out, and we will definitely use you again for any future weddings in our family!! I just wish I had more cake to eat now!!

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Katy

Katy Willoughby · Married on 06/22/2017

Amazing!

Lush Cakery did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake! We went with the salted caramel and it was so yummy!!! Hands down the best cake that I have ever had and many of our guest told me the same thing. I highly recommend Kat at Lush Cakery!!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Marie · Married on 03/25/2017

Everything was absolutely great! Kat was very professional and made sure everything was exactly what we wanted. She was quick to respond to any questions I had and made the process easy. Not to mention the cake was delicious!! We are looking forward to enjoying our top tier a year from now (although we probably won't last the full year!). Thank you Kat!

Sent on 04/23/2017