Luniks Entertainment Reviews

207 | Chicago, IL

207 Reviews for Luniks Entertainment

Nikki · Married on 06/24/2017

DJ Luniks was AMAZING. I would chose him to be our wedding DJ over and over again. He was present and helpful from the first day of our meeting. He actually turned out to be more helpful in setting up my wedding day timeline than my venue was. He was the vendor who made me feel most calm and at ease during planning. His online portal is so great because it's so easy to submit information, make changes, requests a bunch of songs and more! My wedding guests are STILL raving about my DJ 2 weeks after my wedding. They loved what he played and how he mixed different cultures in. We had a Cuban-American wedding with several different age groups so it was a lot for him to work with but he managed to get every person on the dance floor, no matter the culture or the age. I highly highly highly recommend DJ Luniks for your weddings!!!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Luniks Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback Nikki. It was a pleasure working with you and Steve! It was also great seeing so many faces from U of I!

Aldo · Married on 06/10/2017

No words can describe how Luniks Entertainment made our special day, the best. Luniks made two different cultures, languages and styles have party all night long. The only thing that we had to worry was to dance, enjoy our day and party with friends and family. We, highly recommend Daniel (Luniks Entertainment). Thanks again for made our day the best.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kimberlyn · Married on 06/03/2017

DJ Luniks is the best!! Every penny was worth it. The dance floor filled up as soon as the floor opened up and remain full all throughout. I received so many comments about how great the music was after the wedding from both families. I have a large Hispanic family and so it was important for me for them to be able to dance while everyone else was included and literally EVERYONE danced. DJ Luniks did the best job and helping everyone have a great time!! Also, thought out the planning he was always helpful and avaialable. Plus he did a great job at the wedding guiding everyone through it all!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Becky · Married on 05/28/2017

Daniel is extremely well spoken and such a professional. He is the perfect DJ for any wedding. He put together a great set, based on our preferences (mostly Indie rock and Country), and our guests had a blast! He spent time customizing the whole experience based on our musical preferences, and he goes by the feel of the dance floor when he's spinning those tunes. He has a great website which helped us tremendously when it came to picking songs at our convenience. He was also able to work in requests from our guests during the night and didn't feel he had to stick to his play list. Not only can he DJ, but he also provided ideas for the reception and help coordinate it. We had a wedding planner who helped us come up with the timeline, but Daniel helped run the show the day of. He helped line everyone up for the introductions, made sure he could pronounce everyone's name right, helped keep us on track for the next event, and even suggested the oldest couples dance. Highly highly recommended. You can't go wrong with DJ Luniks for your wedding!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Luniks Entertainment's reply:

Becky, I loved all the music that you picked. You and Jon were great to work with and I am honored that you put your trust in me for all the music for your reception. Thank you for this wonderful review and any referrals you send our way in the future!

Bella · Married on 05/22/2017

Daniel was FANTASTIC to work with! He was organized and really helped to keep everything moving and most importantly he kept the dance floor packed! All of the guest loved the music and really enjoyed dancing all night! I would highly recommend him! From the beginning of the process he was very responsive and accommodating and is very willing to take the time to meet and talk about the details of the day. I also really love his online system of selecting songs and laying out the timeline to keep the day organized. He was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • Lizeth & Chris

Lizeth · Married on 05/20/2017

Daniel was absolutely amazing from the start! When we first met him, I had 2 other appts to meet with other DJs but Daniel just rocked it from the start that I cancelled the other appts. He is very professional, organized and reliable from all my wedding vendors! From your inital consutlation with him, he's very detailed and lays it all out for you and makes you feel at ease and you walk away knowing that if you go with him you will not have to worry about anything. He made a mix for our first dance, and it turned out great. He is also highly responsive with emails or texts. He ensures to reach out to you a month before your wedding to have a final meeting with him and go over all details. He then also does a follow up before your wedding just to let you know that he is all set and ready to go the day of. And I have to say I appreciated this more than anytihng because of all my other vendors, I either had to reach out to them myself or they didnt contact me until the day before my wedding.

As for the day of the reception, he keeps all your vendors on track, and he makes the flow of the day go smoothly. Now for the part that is by far the most important, the actual Djing LOL! He did AMAZING!! I wanted a lot of latin music along with top 40/hip hop in there and he did awesome fulfilling my request. He transitions the music well, he played all the right music, kept everyone dancing all night long! He did a TERRIFIC job!!

I HIGHLY recommend him. You wouldnt regret it. Its honeslty one of the best deicisons I made from the start from the wedding. Thank you Daniel for making our day awesome!

-From The Lebrons

Sent on 05/31/2017

Alex · Married on 04/01/2017

Daniel is a professional DJ that knows what he is doing. He is a person that can give you the music that will make sure all of your guest are on their feet and singing. Very professional with the consultation also.

Sent on 04/02/2017

Joseph · Married on 03/11/2017

Daniel the owner and a DJ for Luniks has done 3 family weddings, and a few friend weddings as well. He does an incredible job before the wedding helping to give the couple an idea of what they are in for and what they may need, while being fair and not overcharging or over-recommending. He does an excellent job of keeping folks on the dance floor too by carefully fading songs when needed and creating the correct mix of songs to keep it fun. Well worth every cent.

Sent on 03/18/2017

Luniks Entertainment's reply:

Joseph and David, it was a true honor being your DJ, and being the DJ for the third wedding in your family. You guys were awesome to work with, and your guests and family were so much fun! I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Kristina · Married on 01/13/2017

Daniel Luniks was an amazing DJ at our wedding. He was always super responsive and willing to meet closer to my work so I could meet him before the wedding to go through any music questions I had. He was always available by email and the most responsive of my vendors. His website is super easy to select songs on or research songs. His services were also very well priced for my wedding. Honestly, I couldn't be happier that my husband and I went with Daniel. He had a very high level of professionalism and really committed to making my day very special. All the services from him were great. If anyone asks me about any recommendations I would always recommend Daniel to them.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Luniks Entertainment's reply:

Kristina, I am very happy to know that we helped you make this process easier for you. I really enjoyed working with you and Marcus. I want to thank you again for putting your trust in Officiant Jeannie Walton and myself.

Janet · Married on 11/05/2016

I highly recommend Luniks Entertainment! Our DJ for the wedding was DJ Alex and he was absolutely wonderful! Everyone had a blast and he did an amazing job with the music. He was attentive and on cue for everything as well. Everything went according to our timeline and the music transitioned and flowed very well all night thanks to him. I didn't even notice when our mariachi left because he immediately started playing music when they stopped playing. I was worried there would be an awkward gap of silence when the mariachi would leave, but there wasn't thanks to Alex.
    Daniel was a pleasure to work with during the whole planning process and was very helpful. If I had any questions, he was always happy to answer them and did so very quickly. After the wedding, he reached out to us to make sure everything went well and we really appreciated it!! My husband and I left choosing which songs we wanted played for the last minute, but thanks to Daniel and his awesome system, we were able to finish it in time and it was not stressful at all. If you're looking for a great DJ for your wedding (or any party), definitely reach out to Daniel and set up a consultation. He'll explain everything wonderfully with no pressure to book. You should definitely book though if your date is available. You won't regret it!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/08/2016

Dan was fantastic! I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a dj who will play more than just the top 40. He was super flexible and knew exactly what to play to keep the party going!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Marlene · Married on 09/24/2016

Dj Luniks was phenomenal. Hey played all the requests we asked for and was very helpful in keeping the timeline of the event running smoothly.

We enjoyed working with Daniel and are glad we choose him for our wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2017
  • F

Fred-Angelica · Married on 09/24/2016

If you're like we were and you're going from site to site reading reviews, let me tell you, this is the DJ to go with. We read so many good things about Luniks Entertainment and they far exceeded our expectations. Daniel did such a great job...his professionalism, his ability to take charge of the night so that we could actually enjoy our wedding, and more importantly his ability to make sure everyone was out on the dance floor show that this guy is a professional at what he does. We loved the fact that Daniel knew how to read the crowd and keep the party alive. A week later we are still hearing from everyone how great a time they had and how they loved the variety of music that was played. When you see people dancing that you don't normally see dancing at parties, you know you chose the right guy. With that said, I say stop your search here, you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much Luniks Entertainment for making our night one to remember!!!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Justin · Married on 09/16/2016

Daniel (Luniks Entertainment) was the best DJ I have ever experienced at any wedding I have ever been to and I have been to many.

The sound clarity of his speakers and microphones was on point. There was no feedback.

The DJ handled my ceremony, cocktail hour, first dance (was held outside) and of course the entire reception (inside).

The ease of communication during the entire wedding process was very easy with Luniks Entertainment and you can tell they are professionals.

Oh, and did I mention he actually mixes music on the fly, ya know with a turn table? Yeah this guy can do that and it really adds a unique personal touch that everyone will remember because its just that good.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

Daniel was amazing to work with!! Great selection of music! our dance floor was never even half empty! We received so many compliments on the music and how much fun everyone had!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Brittany · Married on 08/19/2016

Daniel was amazing!! Everything ran great! He was organized and on top of things. Everything ran smoothly without a hiccup! Thanks for making our wedding day one great beautiful memory!

Sent on 09/02/2016
  • Kaye

Kaye · Married on 08/14/2016

Daniel from Luniks Entertainment was legitimately one of the highlights of our Sunday brunch wedding day (with karoake!). He did an absolutely fantastic job! We cannot thank him enough for making our wedding day flow flawlessly and he was so fun and positive. Everyone complimented our DJ choice, including my very hard to please father who said "wow, that DJ of yours was perfect!"

He was really good at reading the crowd. I was a little worried about what music was right for both my husband's family (white Virginians) and my family (black Chicago South-siders) and all of our friends (every type of person under the sun in their late 20s/early 30s). Originally I had told him that we wanted to play oldies during cocktail hour and brunch and then 90s pop and hip hop during the reception but he must have known that that was the wrong choice and instead put on Earth, Wind, and Fire, MJ, Whitney, and the Beatles and that got the dance floor going for our crowd! It was PERFECT. He timed and played my processional music great and was a GREAT karaoke DJ! I was so scared to have karaoke at my wedding that a few weeks before the big day I expressed to Daniel that I was thinking about nixing it but he talked me down and told me everything would be great. And it was! Karaoke was a total hit, the guests really loved it. The timing of everything was perfect and the reception ended exactly on time because of Daniel's planning. He was super easy to work with from the first time we met him; top notch professionalism and friendliness from day 1. I was originally deciding between Luniks Entertainment and another DJ and I am SO HAPPY I ended up choosing Luniks! Our wedding went better than we ever imagined it would! You will definitely, without a doubt be in good hands choosing them as your DJ; they handled our very unique wedding excellently!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/30/2016

Daniel with Luniks Entertainment was THE BEST!!! From our first meeting, we knew he was the one to DJ our wedding! The online forms make it so convenient to find songs and look at suggestions of the top requests. He is so professional but also knows how to have fun and keep your guests on the dance floor! Daniel was great with our special entrance requests/songs and last minute changes. We would highly recommend him for anyone having a party/wedding...Daniel is the guy for you! You won't be disappointed! Thank you DJ Luniks Entertainment!!

Sent on 07/31/2016

David · Married on 07/08/2016

DJ Luniks played the perfect part for the biggest day of our lives- our wedding. He was well organized with setting up times before and during the wedding. He didn't only play the music, he played the part of the coordinator. We weren't sure what to expect when looking for a DJ, but DJ Luniks completely went above what we expected. We would highly recommend him for any event. 5 stars all the way!!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Vanessa · Married on 07/02/2016

DJ Luniks was a blast to work with! We hired him a whole year in advance and was very helpful with the whole process. I was pretty much in charge of planning the whole wedding so having someone else that cared about the timeline was beyond appreciated.

As a DJ, he did an exceptional job blending two cultures together, the Mexican-American with the Traditional/contemporary American. Everyone really enjoyed the music and were on the dance floor all night. As far as a speaker, he also did a great job keeping our timeline going from our introductions, cake cutting, speeches, first dance, dad/daughter dance, open floor dance, sunset photos, and special traditions (which he did a phenom job explaining to the crowd). Definitely would work with him again if I could! :D

Sent on 10/14/2016

Nea · Married on 07/01/2016

DJ Luniks was absolutely amazing! He was our DJ/MC for our July 2016 wedding as well as providing audio at the ceremony and uplighting. He was absolutely amazing! We live abroad and he was so easy to accommodate and work with us. At the event, everything was easily handled and organized by him. His planning worksheets are great and he was still flexible at the event. He catered perfectly to both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking guests so everyone knew what was going on. He could not have been more professional, talented, nor flexible and I am sure I could not have found a better DJ!!!

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • User6920394 · 2+ years ago

I found Luniks Entertainment by accident, but Daniel ended up being a true blessing. Daniel was very professional, prompt, and did an amazing job entertaining our guests. Would I recommend Luniks Entertainment to be your dj at your wedding? YOU BETCHA!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Reichert · Married on 06/04/2016

Daniel was very helpful before and during the wedding. Even when we forgot details and emails, he was patient with us and made our wedding reception a great party!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Danny is an awesome DJ/coordinator! You will not regret working with him during your wedding journey. Honestly, he is extremely reliable and dependable. Planning a wedding is wonderful but also overwhelming. I remember walking away from our last meeting so relieved. Danny does not just play the role of the DJ, he truly embodies the role of your wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding. He contacts other vendors to ensure that everyone knows exactly where to be and looks over any small or big details to ensure that the schedule goes as planned. He is an expert in his area and knew what music to play, making my guests get off their seats and dance. He is a true professional from the music to the layout of the schedule. I promise, you will not regret hiring him for your wedding. There are no words that come close in expressing how amazing/professional/flexible he is. Best decision we made!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Arriane · Married on 05/28/2016

We cannot thank Daniel Luna and DJ Louie for enough for all the help, guidance and positive vibes! If you have something very specific, make sure you communicate that to them and they will go above and beyond to get it right. They also are very attentive and fun and everyone had a wonderful time at our wedding!

Sent on 06/10/2016