Lunch Lady Catering Reviews

41 | Arnold, CA

41 Reviews for Lunch Lady Catering

Nikki · event on: 08/11/2012

Kris and the Lunch Lady staff are an absolute treat to work with! Our winery hires her year in and year out for our summer winemaker's dinner, which consists of a 4-course menu she creates and pairs with our wines. She brings her full staff and executes a beautiful evening from start to finish each time she works with us. At our most recent dinner in August, she prepared a Fresh Fig & Lavender Tapenade to go over Grilled Pork Loin and Rosemary Polenta Cakes... I can still taste these creative flavors when I think of that evening. In addition to her amazing food and professionalism, Kris has a contagious sense of humor and fun loving personality that makes us look forward to each event with her. She makes our job that much easier and is simply a pleasure. We highly recommend her and look forward to our upcoming winemaker's dinner with her again this July!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Christina · Married on 09/10/2011

I loved working with Kris because she was so flexible. I was planning a wedding from 500 mies away and she helped tremendously, including recommending other vendors she trusted and thought were a good match for what I wanted. In the end, we have to change the location of the wedding ceremony AND reception on the day of the wedding, and Kris didn't bat an eye. And of course, the food was perfect and the cake/cupcakes were awesome. Just a huge pleasure to work with. She also did our one-year anniversary dinner, bringing all the prepared food to the cabin, setting it up and presenting it beautifully, and then picking up the dishes later the weekend. I'd venture to say that her food was even better one year later! Obviously, she continues to improve her game.

Sent on 01/22/2013

Ellen · Married on 09/18/2010

Everything was wonderful. The process and the food were great. My daughter and her new husband were very cost-conscious, and Kris' prices were the best in the area. During the reception dinner I was told by many people that the food was great. One person (who happens to be very much into food and wine) said it was the best catered food he has ever had.

Thanks for everything Kris!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Catherine · Married on 09/18/2010

Kris worked with our limited budget incredibly well. We got what we wanted, and when what we wanted was too expensive or wouldn't work with our venue, she offered amazing substitutions. Our guests were incredibly happy, as were my husband and I. Thanks for everything, Kris!!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Kyle · Married on 08/21/2010

The cake was absolutely amazing! Went above and beyond our original idea and it was amazing. Aside from the bride and groom the cake was the talk of the town. Once we finally got to taste it though, It was the most delicious cake Anyone ate the reception has ever had. We would definitely hire again. Thank you soooo much we will be recommending everyone to you.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Katie · Married on 08/21/2010

Lunch Lady Catering provided a wedding cake that was beautiful, delicious, and unlike any other! Once the locals discovered it, word got out and people drove from nearby towns to catch a glimpse of the desert that made talk of our wedding resonate for weeks. The skill and craftsmanship was beyond expectation and not a crumb was left on guests plates. Thank you again for creating such a memorable experience.

Sent on 09/05/2010

roseanna · Married on 05/29/2010

Kris did more than an exceptional job for our wedding. The food was terrfific. I recieved so many comments from the guests that it was the best food they have had at a wedding in a very long, time if not the best they have had. My sister was married at an up scale golf resort and paid almost 400% more than what we had paid. She liked our food better and could not believe how affordable it was for not only the food, but for the staff. Everything was fresh and tasty and I barely even new her and the staff were there. It all flowed so smoothly. Thanks so much Kris. Look forward to you lunches!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2010
  • I

Isabel · Married on 10/31/2009

Lunch Lady Catering was awesome. I had a buffet style presentation and the food was wonderful. All the guests raved. My cake was gorgeous and delish! It was easy clean up as everything was picked up the next day, with no dishes to be done. Top notch with responsiveness and professionalism too. I will use Lunch Lady Catering again in the future.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Erin · Married on 09/26/2009

During the process of planing my wedding I thouroughly enjoyed working with Kris of Lunch Lady Catering. She was always quick to respond to inquires and provided plenty of ideas. When we met she represented herself in a professional manner and was very fair in price. The quality of the dessert bar for the wedding was incredible. Everyone was very excited for the array of desserts. I was very happy with her services.

Sent on 12/04/2009

jamie · Married on 08/08/2009

Kris is an absolute dream to work with! She is super sweet and a consummate professional. The food tasted amazing and was beautifully presented. If you can book her for your wedding consider yourself LUCKY!

Sent on 12/03/2009

Melissa · Married on 04/25/2014

We knew when we met Kris Fichtner that "Lunch Lady" would be our catering vendor of choice. She invited us for a tasting and we found her to be warm, professional, and definitely passionate about what she does! The tasting was generous and perfectly scrumptious- so we were sold! We are so grateful to have found a catering service that provided farm to table, seasonal, colorful, creative appetizers as well as the intimate & delicious sit- down dinner that we had hoped for. Our guests were also pleased and many expressed the same! A special kudos to Kris and her team for their flexibility and ease when we had some surprise weather changes for our outdoor celebration that day. Thanks for your kindess & service!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Excellent communication, quality attention to detail, professional staff, tasty appetizers, good variety of food choice - well done! Meats were a bit dry during dinner, but other than this everything was exceptional!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Adrienne · Married on 06/19/2010

Amazing experience working with Lunch Lady Catering building up to the wedding. Food was absolutely top noch and was the most affordable option we looked into. Kris was very flexible and always responded the same day to any changes or requests.

Sent on 07/18/2010
  • Timothy

Timothy · Married on 04/27/2019

3.0

Fantastic Food

Kris and her catering team did a fantastic job on the appetizers and dinner for our Wedding at Union Hill Inn, Sonora, CA. We had great time going to her shop in Arnold, CA over a year before the wedding to sample all her delicious choices. The food at the actual wedding was just as delicious!!!! Only critical comment was service speed at the bar. Wish the bartenders had practiced making our signature cocktails before there was a line of people waiting. All things considered, Kris and her team did a great job!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Kim · Married on 07/16/2011

1.2
      3.5
      0.0

My experience was unlike the majority of the reviews I am reading. I was very disappointed with the service I received, which is extremely uncommon for me, as someone who has never before written a poor review, or even sent back a meal in a restaurant. If the only issue was that the food was cold, I wouldn't have bothered writing a review, but in addition to that, Kris was extremely rude! She treated me like I was stupid, misquoted us and then upon receiving the check, called to say we had paid her the wrong amount. After showing her that we indeed paid the amount she quoted, instead of saying "oops, I forgot to include the vendors" she again acted as if it were our fault for not knowing she hadn't included them. The lack of professionalism and guest service was nearly comical, but definitely not what you want to deal with when planning an important event!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Crystal · Married on 09/05/2010

0.6
      0.5

My husband and I hired Kris to cater our wedding and it was a disaster! Almost everything the Lunch Lady touched turned out horrible; chicken was dry, rice was raw, salad was wilted & lacked dressing etc. She lost control over her kitchen and both she and her staff were very rude. Following the event, we were able to get some money back from her, however we did not ever receive a sincere apology.

Judging from other reviews both on here and word of mouth, what happened at our wedding is very rare for Kris. A possible reason for this is that she catered a wedding the night before (even though she had told us she only does one event per weekend).

I wish we could have been treated with the same level of care as most of her other customers.

Sent on 09/28/2010