Luminous Beauty Reviews

Luminous Beauty View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Michaela O. Married on 09/10/2021

Best Wedding Beauty Team!

Luminous Beauty was incredibly professional, efficient (we had 9 bridesmaids, 2 mothers of the bride, and myself), and made everyone look and feel beautiful! Everyone loved their hair and makeup and they were fun to work with. I'd highly recommend the Luminous Beauty team!
    K A Married on 09/03/2021

Amazinggg 🤩

Hands down, best experience with a make up artist I’ve ever had! I got makeup done for a friend’s wedding and she generously scheduled me 3 days before. Her salon was neat and clean, like a dream set up for make up lovers. She made sure everything was clean and sanitized and applied the make up with a skillful hand. She worked with me, gave options, and we came out with an amazing look that lasted hours into the night. It was the first time I was happy with the makeup I got done. I am South Asian so the different skin color was not an issue either. Her passion/ability shows in her work and it felt like an empowering business for women. I wish I could have her in my home town 😭
  • Anna
    Anna L. Married on 08/28/2021

Amazing, Welcoming, & Calming

Betsy has created an amazing business. She was extremely helpful, especially with my last minute request for Luminous Beauty to do our makeup for my wedding. Betsy did my trial makeup and explained the process to me. She was very personable and open. She also knew how to work with my Trichotillomania by making my eyes pop and give the illusion I had eyelashes. Alice did our makeup the day of my wedding and was just as amazing! She was timely, fun, and did phenomenal work. Alice helped calm my nerves by joking around and reminding me to breathe. The makeup also lasted all night without issue! I’m so glad I was able to work with these two ladies and cannot recommend them enough!
  • Heather
    Heather R. Married on 07/24/2021

Absolutely Perfect Experience!!!

I cannot even begin to express just how much I love Betsey, Lacey, and her team and how enjoyable, easy, and fun they made my entire experience. Hands down the best wedding makeup and hair experience in the greater Twin Cities. I found Luminous Beauty when I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, and Betsey and her team were so experienced, knowledgeable, and FUN, I immediacy knew I was going to book them for my upcoming wedding. I HIGHLY recommend scheduling skin service appointments with Betsey prior to your big day. I’ve NEVER had a facial prior to talking with Betsey, but she was so supportive, caring, and effective! I expressed my skin concerns with her when I initially booked for my wedding, which were mostly driven by wearing a face mask every day at work. She suggested facials once a month leading up to my wedding, and I am SO happy I did it. Not only was my skin so smooth and clear, but my pores were basically nonexistent. Look no further for you hair and wedding makeup artists, and ensure you book the personalized facial services leading up to your big day
    Susanna S. Married on 07/11/2021

Amazing hire for my wedding

I am so beyond happy that I found this company!!! It was an amazing experience!
  • Pa Kou
    Pa Kou B. Married on 06/26/2021

Fan for life!

I got married in June and used Luminous Beauty for my bridal make up in addition to my bridesmaids. Betsey made me look gorgeous and I am so so thankful I found her after a long search. I opted for the airbrush look and I received so many compliments throughout the night. I also cried during the wedding and the make up continued to look flawless. I would recommend Betsey and her team over and over again. I can't say thank you enough to these lovely ladies and I look forward to seeing Betsey again for facials! I can't say enough great things about Betsey and her team but if you're looking for make up services, look no further!
  • Sophia
    Sophia E. Married on 05/29/2021

Wish I Found Them Sooner

I needed my makeup done for my best friend’s wedding over Memorial Day weekend. I was a bridesmaid. The MUA I initially booked canceled on me the morning of the ceremony. But beyond the short notice, Betsy squeezed me in and made me feel like a VIP customer. I’m a black woman and Betsy color matched my skin perfectly, chose complimentary colors, and listened to how I *wanted* to look. I’ve never gotten so many compliments in my life. Her assistant is so kind and everyone at her studio is professional and friendly. They’re young, hip, and well stocked in high end products. But her services didn’t break the bank! She will be the MUA I recommend forever now.
  • Ellen
    Ellen H. Married on 10/10/2020

Betsey + the dream team

In the pre-COVID before times, I found Luminous Beauty online while doing some wedding research, and was instantly impressed. So of course, I hired Betsey and her team to do hair + makeup for my 5 bridesmaids and I on 10/10/2020. She was responsive, helpful, and her services were reasonably priced, what's not to love? We were all ready to go, until COVID struck. My fiancé and I, like many other couples, had to come up with a plan b as it was becoming apparent our October wedding date wasn't going to happen the way we wanted it to. Betsey was so flexible as we made the decision to downsize our wedding to from 170+ people to 13 people, meaning she would only do my hair + makeup. Not only was she ok with the down-sizing, but she also rescheduled our bigger agreement of my 5 bridesmaids and I for the following year without any rescheduling fees or runarounds. Her flexibility really helped me feel better as we made this tough decision. While I'm excited to work with her again for my bigger wedding on 10/02/21 (fingers crossed), she and her team did an excellent job making me feel beautiful for my smaller wedding day. I was really unsure about what I wanted when I went in for my trial, but Betsey and her team helped me find the right look. During the wedding day, my hair (which is very fine and hard to keep curled) looked perfect all day. The makeup Betsey did for me was also perfect. It was classy + elegant, and just completed my entire look. Leading up to my small wedding, I booked a few skincare appointments with Betsey to make sure my skin was wedding-ready. I had always wanted to try peels and learn more about my skin type, and Betsey was a really helpful teacher. So even if you're just looking for an esthetician, Betsey's a solid go-to. I'll definitely be recommending her to anyone looking for skincare/hair/makeup needs in and around the Twin Cities.
    Kelsey H. Married on 08/07/2020

Amazing service and worth every penny!

Betsy was amazing for makeup for my sisters wedding! She did an amazing job and knew exactly what to do for the look my sister was going for! It was also so hot the day of the wedding and Betsy made sure our make up would stay all did and it did! I would 100% recommend for makeup!
  • Nicole
    Nicole S. Married on 01/07/2020

Betsey helped create my look, went out and purchased everything I needed, and helped me learn to apply my makeup for my wedding taking outside the USA

Betsey is an exceptional professional and human being. Makeup is not in my comfort zone, and I needed help to learn how to apply makeup, to purchase it, and learn how to make my own look. She empowered me to feel confident and worthy of enjoying makeup as much as the next person! I cannot speak to the level of gratitude I feel for her generosity and services. Thank you Betsey❤
    Victoria R. Married on 06/30/2019

Wonderful!

Betsey and her team were a joy to work with! They were flexible and met the needs of my entire bridal party! They worked hard to get all our hair and makeup done in-time. It was such an easy, stress-free experience. I was thrilled with my makeup and hair; it stayed put all day!
  • Angie
    Angie L. Married on 06/29/2019

Couldn't have had a better experience!

Luminous Beauty was absolutely amazing to work with! I was planning a wedding in 90 days and Betsey responded very quickly to my inquiry and was thankfully able to do my make up! I never wear make up so she did a very subtle natural look that was beautiful! Less than two weeks before the wedding, there was a change and I needed to find someone to do hair for the wedding. I contacted Betsey immediately and she solved my problem within half an hour by getting in touch with her team. I have thin hair and my hair looked thick at my wedding which made me so happy. I would recommend Luminous Beauty to everyone! It was the best experience and I felt beautiful on my wedding day!
    Pouran A. Married on 06/15/2019

amazing Betsy!

Betsy and her crew were amazing! thank you for making my wedding perfect. Betsy was wonderful in communication from day one. She always responded to me quick , answered all my questions and was so pleasant. She is an artist ! and very reliable. I hope other brides find you! They will love You!
    Thank you for giving me good tips in makeup too!
  • Melissa
    Melissa B. Married on 06/03/2019

Betsey is truly the best and so talented!

I hired Betsey to come down to the Dominican Republic to do the makeup for myself and the entire wedding party for our destination wedding. She is not only the most talented makeup artist I’ve had the privilege to work with, she has an amazing personality and is super reliable and easy going. Betsey accommodated each girls request for their makeup preference and one of my bridesmaids even commented that she looked better today than at her own wedding. Can’t say enough wonderful things!
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Married on 05/31/2019

The best in the business

The absolute best. I went to 3 bridal makeup trials and she was by far and away the best. She came to our venue and was so delightful, positive, and did stunning work. The makeup lasted all day - WITHOUT having to reapply anything. I didn't even have to use power on my oily skin. Unreal. She ended up doing 8 of us for my wedding plus a few extras for lashes! People kept seeing what she had done and we added in people to get their makeup as well. She was so gracious and efficient everyone was able to get theirs done. It made my day so fun and beautiful.
  • Antonina
    Antonina S. Married on 05/11/2019

Highly recommend!

Thank you, Betsey and Grissel, ever so much for making me feel special on our wedding! Cheers, you are the best.
  • Michelle
    Michelle S. Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing Experience - Couldn’t be Happier!

Betsey is hands down the best makeup artist I’ve ever had touch my face. I had a wedding in the Dominican and the bride hosted Betsey to do every bride and mom’s makeup. She listened to each of us and made us feel comfortable - and beautiful!! And since I’m from the Midwest, I know NOTHING about how to apply makeup in humidity like the DR, but Betsey was prepared. If you are seeking a real pro, just don’t look further ladies!!
    Perle Z. Married on 08/25/2018

I felt confident and beautiful walking down the aisle!

I am very happy I chose Luminous Beauty for my wedding hair and make-up. I have pixie cut and I liked that Betsy had a dedicated option for us brides with short hair. Alison did my make up and my bridesmaids' as well as my mother's and mother in law's. She listened to what every one wanted and made sure that the final result was perfect for everyone. I particularly liked the flexibility, when one in my party asked to have additional services done. I liked the numerous pictures of before and after on their website to have an idea of what they can do. Luminous Beauty was very professional, they were at the hotel right on time and made sure to stick to the schedule which lifted a weight from my shoulders. Bottom line, I felt gorgeous and confident walking down the aisle.

Luminous Beauty's reply:

I wish I could have been with you on your wedding day but I am so happy I got to meet you at your trial run with Alison. You are such a sweetheart and I'm so glad to hear you felt gorgeous and confident for your big day ;). Being a part of the wedding industry means being flexible and we always do our best to make sure extra people can join in on the beauty fun.
  • a
    A Married on 07/21/2018

Betsey is a joy to work with, and talented beyond words!

Betsey is an absolute joy to work with. On top of being kind, encouraging, knowledgeable, and fun to talk to, she is also exceptionally professional, accommodating, prompt, and talented beyond words. As a girl who rarely wears makeup, she very graciously taught me a plethora of makeup application tips and tricks while allowing me the opportunity to experiment with variations of the bridal look I was envisioning during our trial run. On the day of the wedding, Betsey arrived early and was ready to rock as soon as my large bridal party and I arrived - she even accommodated my mom's request for help with her own makeup last-minute! All of my girls and I sincerely appreciated how confident, beautiful, and comfortable Betsey made us feel as she worked her magic, and as the worried bride who was running a bit behind schedule, she also helped me stay calm and collected as my nerves kicked in for the first time that day. I admire Betsey for her incredible personality and skill. She is truly a master of her art, and any bride would be so lucky to work with her. :)
    Amanda P. Married on 02/21/2018

Great experience!

Betsey is a talented, professional artist. I really felt like she listened to me and designed the perfect makeup look for my wedding. I worked with her for an engagement photo shoot, a destination wedding in Nepal, and a reception here in Minnesota. She was reliable and accommodating throughout the whole process, even teaching me how to apply my own makeup for the Nepal wedding! I did my own makeup following her instructions, and people were asking me all night where I had it done. It was so much fun to see their shocked faces when I told them I did it myself! I highly recommend her!
    Nicole J. Married on 07/17/2010

Incredible experience!

Hands down the best service you could ever hope for. Betsey and her team at Luminous Beauty are the most amazing group of talented artists! My wedding was at a pretty early time and I was nervous about getting my makeup and hair done in time for pictures and Betsey actually arrived ready to start before I did!! My makeup was flawless and on a hot day in July (with a church with no A/C) it stayed flawless all day!! My pictures turned our amazing with the help of Luminous Beauty! I especially loved my fabulous updo and perfectly styled curls for my special day. Thank you so much!

Luminous Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback! It was my pleasure to help you look and feel amazing for your wedding day. And it has been a joy to see you again and again for the special moments in your life when you need to look extra fabulous.
    Emma H. Married on 01/08/2021

The only person I would trust

I have been seeing Betsey for the past year and a half for her aesthetician work and she absolutely saved my skin, I wouldn't trust anyone else with my face. Her team recently did the makeup for my sister's wedding and it was wonderful. They were so professional, helpful and of course it looked amazing.