Luminance Wedding Films Reviews

70 Reviews for Luminance Wedding Films

• Rose

Rose Pavlakos · Married on 05/26/2018

Outstanding

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am with the work Sarah and Scott have put together for us! They are the most wonderful people to work with and they truly feel like family at this point. Luminance has filmed almost all of my families weddings and yet each time they continue to amaze us with their talent. They do a great job getting to know the couple individually and despite all of us cousins getting married at the same church, and the same reception hall they continue to create new and unique videos that truly fit the personalities of each couple.

I look forward to watching our video over and over again every year to remember this incredible day with all of our family and friends. Thank you again Sarah and Scott for your beautiful work!

I highly recommend Luminance Wedding Films to anyone interested in capturing all of the beautiful moments of your wedding that you will cherish forever.

Laura · Married on 05/19/2018

The best decision we made during our entire wedding planning process was hiring Luminance Wedding Films. Sarah and Scott are not only extremely professional and kind, but incredibly talented and will capture the most beautiful moments of your big day! They made us feel completely at ease in front of the camera, something we were both very nervous about! Our wedding video came out better than the both of us could have ever imagined, and we are so so grateful that we found you both! Thank you both so much <3 Laura + Roy

Simon Emanuel · Married on 11/21/2017

Trust them with your special day!

It’s been over a year since our wedding! I almost never would come back to write a review, however this review is LONG overdue. It’s a been a busy first year as a married couple with new jobs, house etc. We had the pleasure of working with Sarah and her husband Scott for our short films. These guys are the dream team.
    I contacted Sarah back in 2015 to film a video (for a surprise proposal for my at the time girlfriend and soon to be fiancé), and the film turned out amazing! We were so impressed with their work, we asked them to be our videographers for our wedding in 2017.
    I did my research, and really glad I did! If you want someone that can truly capture the moment, I highly recommend Luminance Wedding Films! Let’s face it, anyone can hold up a camera and record video, but it takes a true artist to make the audience feel like they are really there!
    The most amazing part is Sarah, being pregnant at nine months, was due any day and came ALL the way out to Phoenix from Albuquerque to capture our wedding. She absolutely didn’t have to, and had plenty of cameramen that were going to be there to do the job, but she is absolutely dedicated to what she does and made the drive. She is truly a master of her craft. They can direct, shoot, and capture, and make you feel like a movie star! 5 stars to you guys! And Scott, the drone footage was awesome!
    We are so happy we trusted Luminance Films to capture some very special days. Thanks for the incredible work.

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2017

Sarah and Scott are the most thoughtful, patient, creative, and dynamic duo you could ever dream of having film your special day! From the beginning, Sarah was professional and responsive, but more importantly flexible, kind, and considerate. She listens to everything you desire and goes FAR beyond and above. She was careful in making sure she understood what was important to us, patient while working with difficult vendors, and was just so mindful of giving us a positive experience throughout. Not to mention, she had just been in the hospital the night before with labor contractions, and she was still brilliant and top-notch! Everyone was so impressed!
    I knew I wanted to hire them when I would rewatch their videos (of strangers!) and I would cry and cry and cry. Our wedding film is gorgeous- go watch it! And book them immediately. They were the one vendor I was absolutely 100% sure I was making the right choice about. If there is anything you put your money into, it should be this. They are worth every penny!
    So grateful to both of them! <3 <3 <3

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

A dream wedding, a picture perfect day...all we wanted was to enjoy every minute of our day, that passed too quickly. Thanks to Sarah and Scott, we have many of our precious moments, many that we did not even get to see! There are no words to share how amazing Sarah and Scott are at Luminance Wedding Films are. Before I was even engaged I knew that I wanted them to share in not only my wedding day but also the entire journey. There was no question that their professionalism and artistic ability would bring an amazing touch to our special day! Leading up to the wedding and the events of the week, Sarah had filled me in with what the day would look like and scheduling to make sure the things we wanted to have as part of our movie were covered. Our wedding went smoothly and we were very excited to get our video. When we received our video our expectations were blown away. We could not of asked for a better story and video to last a lifetime. Upon receiving our video my husband and I watched it more than 8 times straight. It was shared with our family and friends as well. Everyone shared how beautiful their work was and how impressed they were by Sarah and Scott. Definitely the very best part of our wedding and I would recommend Luminance Wedding Films with out a question. Everyone needs to have a video that in the good times and the bad, can be watched together to bring two back together. Our video allows us to remember the reason we took our vows and we will be forever grateful to Sarah and Scott at Luminance Wedding Films for providing us with this.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

Thanks so much Emily for this awesome review!! You and Luke made our job so easy!! It was an absolute honor to capture your wedding day! We can't wait to see what the future has in store for you too. Hugs!!

Alissa · Married on 09/03/2017

Book them now!! Plan your wedding around them! Visit their site and watch the videos. Sarah and Scott are the absolute best and you would be crazy not to hire them. Luminance creates a mini-movie starring you and your loved ones. The mood, the music, the editing create an emotional journey. No matter what kind of ceremony and options you choose, I promise you will not be disappointed. We went with basic options, but added the drone and extra footage (both highly recommended) and are over the moon with the results. Luminance captured the emotions and created moments that would have slipped away if we had not hired them. I did not want the typical wedding video and I was not disappointed. Watch their videos and see for yourself. If you want the best, look no further, you found it.

Jana · Married on 08/20/2017

Having a videographer is an investment in telling your love story. Once I received our video from Sarah & Scott I cried. They captured the essence of our love and our family. I highly recommend them. They're professional, thoughtful, caring and VERY talented!

Kendall · Married on 07/01/2017

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding day was hiring Luminance. My sister told me that, as a bride, anything tangible you can take away from your wedding is worth investing in, i.e. the photos, video, etc. After receiving my video from Luminance, I cannot express how much this is true!! Luminance captured the atmosphere of my wedding which could not have been captured so successfully in any other medium. I know that my happiness for owning this keepsake will only enhance as my husband and I get older.

Also - just look at their videos... they speak for themselves!

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

This is the best investment anyone can have for their wedding. After seeing our highlight video we were blown away. The quality is absolutely amazing and they capture the most amazing moments that you will get to have on video forever. They are so fun to work with and made the entire experience so easy to go through. Luminance is a definite must have for any wedding.

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

Hands down the BEST wedding decision we made by hiring Luminance Wedding Films to document the best day of our lives. A quality videographer for our wedding was one of our top priorities in all the decisions we had to make… So much so, we set our date around the availability of Luminance. They over-delivered! Sara and Scott were extremely easy to work with and very professional. They did an incredible job of capturing all of the special moments throughout the day and making it magical. Our wedding film turned out better than we ever could have imagined and they went above and beyond what we paid for to make the film spectacular and tell our story. We continue to watch our video on repeat because it takes us back to that special day each time. Thank you Luminance Wedding Films for giving us something we can cherish forever and share with our kids and grandkids someday. You guys are more than wedding videographers, you’re true ARTISTS and we are so grateful we found you guys.
    -Shane and Megan Austin

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Let me start by saying, I am so happy with the wedding film we received. It is really more of a personalized movie! The video quality, sound, and lighting were phenomenal. I have watched my feature film dozens of times and each time I burst into happy tears. The storyline of the feature film was pure perfection and captured every moment I could have asked for...and that was just the feature film. This is definitely an important investment and I'm am 100% satisfied with every penny we spent. We looked around at several other wedding film makers and Luminance Wedding films are hands down the best. I have gotten comments like, "I have never seen anything so amazing in a wedding film", "So beautiful, it's like I was there" "It brought me to tears." I am very happy with the photographs I received from my photographer, but this honestly tops them. The videos let me re-live the most wonderful day of my life over and over again. Sarah and her husband were sweet and professional and to be honest you really don't even know they are there, but they turn out spectacular work. I think a wedding film is a must have for a wedding and so why not go with the best.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

WOW oh WOW! Thank you so much Amanda for this AWESOME review!! We never quite realize the effect we have or our films have on our couples and so this is amazing to hear!! You and Camron were the absolute dream couple to have and we were so honored to spend your special day with you and present you with this keepsake that you will watch hundreds of more times over the years! So blessed to know you both and can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!! Hugs!!

Alex · Married on 12/31/2016

Worth every penny! We are so happy with our wedding video. It is beautifully done and we will cherish it forever. Luminance is so talented and so easy to work with leading up to the wedding and on the day of! We would highly recommend them to all!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

Thanks so much Alex! You and Brady were a pleasure to work with and your beautiful wedding day was so much fun to be a part of. Congratulations to you both once again. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you both! XOXOXO

mikaela · Married on 10/08/2016

What could I possibly say to express how incredible Sarah and Scott were at capturing our wedding?
    My husband and I are actors (and he is a filmmaker!), so it was important to us that any wedding film we had was beautiful and made with care. Luminance was the top of our list, (just look at their other films, these two are top of the line) and they knocked it out of the park from the beginning to the final product.
    Sarah and Scott are so warm and funny and kind, they put us at ease and truly listened to what we wanted, and what was important to us. Having them with us on the day was such a joy- they added to the fun and beauty of the moment! The film they made reflects the joy and love that was all around, and it makes me cry with happiness every time I watch it.
    We weren't sure we wanted a wedding film, but I am so beyond happy that we have it- there are moments that I would have forgotten, or would never have seen, and it is such a gift to be able to revisit them or discover them through the incredible footage and editing skill of Sarah and Scott.
    My husband and I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you're in the market for wedding videographers, look no further. It doesn't get any better than these two. We love them!

Lucy · Married on 09/03/2016

We absolutely loved the film. You captured the fun and lightheartedness we were going for perfectly. It was so fun to relive the day - we laughed and (believe it or not) cried. It was great. Thank you, thank you!

Jody · Married on 08/27/2016

Luminance does an exceptional job. They are easy to work with, they are professional, and they provide stunning videos. Their attention to detail is exquisite, the editing (and choice of film music) is spot on, and their filming during the ceremony and reception is unobtrusive. I recommend them highly to any engaged couples looking for superb quality in their wedding film!

Anika · Married on 07/17/2016

If you are on the fence about getting a wedding film DO it and especially do it with Luminance Wedding films. The day of your wedding everything is such a blur and I couldn't be more thrilled to have not only photo but video as well to document and help me to remember such a special day. There are so many little details I forgot about and even moments and having the people you love in a video goes beyond what photography alone can do. My whole family loved the video as well as my friends and I can't ask for a better memento. Sarah puts so much time, thought and love into what she does and it absolutely shows. I can't wait to show this video to my children and their children because it means so much to my husband and I. I couldn't recommend Luminance more for your videography needs.

Landri · Married on 05/13/2016

A wedding is a once in a lifetime experience, an extraordinary occasion that deserves to be remembered beyond still pictures. We are still amazed how Sarah and Scott captured that special day in May we shared with our close family and friends at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya.

Never had I thought filming our wedding would be ideal for us, but it was the best choice overall. I choose Luminance Wedding Films after doing some research on videographers and wedding films. Originally, we planned for a traditional photographer, but after seen the quality of Luminance Wedding Films, I managed to convince my fiancé that having a wedding film would be a lifelong memory. The unique filming style of Luminance Wedding Films and visioning the end results made the whole experience exciting. From our initial interview with Sarah and Scott to the rehearsal the night before and finally the day of our wedding, they were so accommodating and best of all comfortable to be around. Their professionalism extended beyond us, but with our wedding vendors, even collaborating with our photographer; all commenting how they enjoyed working together.

When we viewed our wedding trailer for the first time, not only was it a remarkable gift, but in 60 seconds they captured a day full of moments so elegant and precise that it left us breathless. The final version was so unbelievable that our family often said it felt like the day was relived every time it was watched. We are grateful for Sarah and Scott.

Audrey · Married on 09/19/2015

Exquisite work!!! The attention to detail, time and energy Sarah and Scott put into our film is unbelivable! We are so in love with our film and are very happy we decided to stretch our budget to work with Luminance. They are very professional and were kind and respectful to our wedding guests and vendors throughout the day. Our film is something I will always treasure and I can honestly say it was worth the few months of waiting to have something so beautiful for a lifetime.

Meagan · Married on 08/22/2015

Choosing Luminance to be a part of our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made. With the cost of a wedding adding up so quickly, I wasn't sure if a videographer would fit in our budget, but being able to relive our special day through such a beautiful perspective made this purchase the most valuable of them all. I had researched many videographers, but the Luminance films I watched had a quality, emotion, attention to detail, and beauty that I couldn't find elsewhere. Throughout our engagement and during our big day, Sarah and Scott were amazing to work with. And when we saw our short film for the first time, we couldn't stop smiling and watched it over and over again! I would highly recommend Luminance as a must-have part of your wedding. Not only will you not regret it, but you will have something to replay the best moments (that can feel like a dream in the days to follow) of the most special and wonderful day of your life.

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2015

Luminance Wedding Films are simply AMAZING. Truth be told, we weren't originally going to have a wedding video. While I fantasized about hiring a videographer, expenses for our destination wedding seemed to be increasing daily and my husband was skeptical of incurring the additional cost. Meeting with Sarah put us completely at ease and even my critical husband couldn’t be happier with our decision to bring her and Scott to Germany with us.

Luminance Wedding Films did a spectacular job on our wedding video and we were blown away by both the quality and artistic vision film AND their ability to capture the happiest moments of our day. When planning our wedding, people constantly told me that the day flies by and that in the midst of the whirlwind you actually miss many of the details you spend months obsessing over. That was definitely the case for us and we are so relieved to be able to remember and relive all of these special moments through our video. THANK YOU SARAH, words are simply not enough to express my gratitude. You are truly talented and worth EVERY PENNY!

Let's just say I could not have asked for a better film of my wedding day! Sarah and Scott did amazing at capturing mine and my husband's personalities. They were extremely easy to work with and made sure I got what I wanted! (What more does a bride want, right?)

My day started with Sarah and Scott coming and getting some shots of me getting ready. They made it as less awkward as they could and they did an excellent job at that! (I hate being in front of a camera!) I also really liked that we were able to be mic’d up throughout the day. I appreciated that they were able to capture everything that was said at the alter and during our toasts. (That way you can actually remember what you said…)

Even after watching our short film almost 50 times (no exaggeration) it still gets me! If you're thinking about investing in a videographer, definitely go with Luminance, you won't be disappointed! Sarah and Scott are a perfect example of a business/vendor/couple that want the best for your day. They take no short cuts and make sure you get exactly what you want and more!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

Thanks so much Jenna for such an amazing review! We are so happy that you Love you wedding film and that it is getting worn out with you watching it over and over again! That's what we like to hear ;). You two are an amazing couple and we can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Xoxoxo

Cheryl · Married on 06/13/2015

LOVE, LOVE,LOVE what you have done ! Words just fail me right now.... Ashley and Colby's film(Daddy Loves Ashley) was absolutely beautiful....everything you put in was just perfect !!! I hope you know how very much we enjoyed having you and your husband to share their special day with our family. I have watched the film three times and all three times is has made me cry (happy tears of course :), this is the most perfect way for my kids to remember their special day. All that's left to be said..... Is that they will live happily ever after :)

Kristin · Married on 03/14/2015

Wedding Planning is SO Stressful! Especially when figuring out what you must have and what you can do without on your special day. You can budget for so many things. You can do your own music, your own decorating, even do your own entertainment. One thing you can NOT DO WITHOUT on your Wedding Day is A Videographer.
    After deciding that a Videographer was an absolute must I began searching for the perfect Videographer. I must have read millions of reviews and watched a ton of Cinematography films. Not a single film came CLOSE to Sarah and Scott's Videos. There was no comparison at the amazing work they portrayed on their films.
    Sarah and Scott are highly professional! They go above and beyond to make their customers happy. When dealing with tons of vendors for your wedding, that is the one thing that you can find lacking with many vendors. They were constantly coming up with new ways and new ideas to make our film absolutely amazing!! On the day of our wedding they were so professional and caught ever single special moment, even more.
    My Cinematography Film has not only brought us and our family to tears, but also strangers. Being a Bride or Groom, your day goes by incredibly fast. With so many timelines, places to be, people to talk to, that you forget to enjoy the main reason you are there, LOVE. Sarah and Scott remind you in their films, exactly why you were standing in front of your spouse that day. They depict a romance on film between the Bride and Groom that is like a fairy-tale love, that can only be captured when the two are alone!
    I highly recommend to anyone planning their wedding, that a Videographer is the number one most important thing you need on your Wedding Day, next to the Bride and Groom. Sarah and Scott are the absolute BEST out there! They have given us a beautiful film that we can cherish for many years to come, and be able to show our Grandkids what True Love Is.

-Kristin Arenivar

Sent on 12/16/2015

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

WOW, OH WOW!! Kristin, this review is amazing!!! I am so happy you feel this way and that you are still so excited over your film. I couldn't agree more...video is hard to do and I'm so happy you both entrusted us enough to take on this spectacular day and capture all of your beautiful moments. We are so blessed by this review and are so grateful to have had this opportunity. May you and Ramon enjoy it for years and years to come!! XOXOXO

Matlin · Married on 10/18/2014

Words can't describe how wonderful and beautiful and beyond-my-wildest-imagination the wedding preview video and full film were. was. I am so looking forward to sitting down with my husband and watching them over and over. But, I expected that kind of quality from Luminance. I am one to do my research and knew without a shadow of a doubt that, after watching some of their videos, I wouldn't go with anyone else for our wedding. What was unexpected, however, was how warm and kind and professional Sarah and Scott are (and continue to be). I told Jason after our first meeting with Sarah, "Man, I really like her." And that's remained true. Thank you Luminance for not only capturing so many moments with a level of perfect-ness and talent only you could have, but for being so fun and wonderful amidst all of the wedding chaos. I don't know how you all did it, but you really captured the feel of the entire wedding and all of the most important things to me; the things that I really wanted captured. You didn't know us very well, but it didn't seem that way judging from how you shot the wedding and how perfectly in line it was with what we were looking for. Thank you will never, ever cover my gratitude.

Thank you for giving us the gift that will keep giving to the end of our days and beyond for future generations. I wish you both the very best in the future, personally and professionally. It was an absolute pleasure working with you.

Lexi · Married on 10/04/2014

When my husband and I discovered Luminance's webpage after our engagement, we were immediately sold. We watched film after film and just could not get enough! The short films are truly spectacular and magical. Sarah and Scott definitely did not disappoint when it came to our short-film. It was incredible to experience the laughter, tears, joy and magic of our day all over again. Sarah and Scott not only captured our fairy-tale day, but they turned it into a work of art. Thank you so much Sarah and Scott-- you are incredible artists and wonderful to work with! We are so grateful that we will have this film for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Luminance Wedding Films's reply:

Thanks so much Lexi for your amazing review!! We were so honored to be a part of your spectacular day and couldn't have been happier to present you with such a beautiful film to re-live year after year! Thank you once again for the opportunity! Congratulations to you both!!