Lumen Events Reviews

109 | San Antonio, TX

109 Reviews for Lumen Events

Nicole Lane · Married on 07/13/2019

Best DJ/MC ever!!!

Working with Lumen Events for mine and my husband's wedding was incredible. Bryan helped us in our quote process to figure out exactly what package we wanted and he perfectly understood the kind of music that we wanted played at our wedding. We met with Reid to finalize our music choices for our big moments as well as our dancing music and we had the option of a "do not play" list which was great for keeping some family members from getting too crazy with the music! The day of we had Derek as out MC and he did an amazing job keeping the party going! The music was a perfect combination for our crowd and all of the right songs were played for all of our big moments during the ceremony and reception. I will definitely recommend Lumen events to friends and family

Sent on 07/16/2019

Lumen Events's reply:

Thank you Nicole for letting us be part of your special day! We are very happy to hear your guys had a great time!
  • Lauren

Lauren and Scott Frierson · Married on 12/15/2018

Entertainers

Lumen Event was recommended by couple of my co-workers. My wife and I met with Bryan, owner, to see if they’d be the right fit for us. From the beginning, Bryan took the time to get to know us and our story. He asked us what is important for us as far as how we wanted the mood of the night to be and how we wanted our guests to feel. We wanted entertainment and for people to be laughing, dancing, and having one of the best nights of their life. Bryan was our MC for the night and Henry was the DJ. They brought their A plus game and they exceeded our expectation. He catered the music selection to our likings. Our guests loved Bryan and the entertainment that they provided. I had a lot of people come up to us saying that this was one of the best nights that they have had in a long time. Bryan’s energy and passion makes him very good at what he does. He invited our guests to the dance floor and encouraged them to dance. At times he led us in some of the dances and taught us new dance choreography. Bryan attracts people to the dance floor and his energy just makes you want to get up and dance. I cannot say enough great things about Lumen Event and what they brought to the table. We will most definitely recommend them to all our friends and family and would hire them again in the future for any event.

Sent on 03/14/2019
  • Emma

Emma Ybarra · Married on 09/29/2018

Best dj ever - hands down!

Bryan and his team were WONDERFUL! His staff member Valeria was super responsive, the Operations Manager Reid was great at helping us pick lighting and build our Wedding timeline. And of course DJ Sai, Bryan as MC, and Carlos (Guest MC) were all the best people! We had such a blast! This is by far the most professional DJ I have ever worked with. They made our Wedding night better then we could have ever imagined! Granted, my family was a little shy at first but Bryan was able to make people feel involved and get them out on the dance floor! Also, the fact that they have meetings prior to your big day is AMAZING and super helpful. You can truly feel the care and love they put into each client, no wonder they are listed as Number 1 in San Antonio! If you want a stress free wedding, with people dancing, and great vibes YOU MUST BOOK WITH LUMEN! Hands down, the best entertainment company I have come across. Loved them all!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Analicia · Married on 07/14/2018

If you are looking for a DJ and MC for your wedding look no further! I seriously hit the jack pot when i booked Lumen for my wedding. Every interaction I had with them was pleasant and they made me feel so comfortable with the entire process. I sent them a list of what i wanted to hear and they did not disappoint. I especially liked the fact that an MC came with the package to help the flow of the night. I got so many compliments on the lighting, DJ booth, MC, DJ and Music! I would 100% recommend them.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Nicholas · Married on 06/23/2018

Lumen Events did a great job all around. Brian was the MC and the gentleman I met with originally. Very nice, really made me feel at ease about handling everything. Valeria assisted with keeping in contact in the months leading up to the wedding. Her responses were quick and helpful. Henry was the DJ. Met him briefly during the wedding but he kept the music flowing and Brian kept the party going. Great job guys. Very pleased, well worth the price.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Dinah · Married on 11/18/2017

We hired Lumen Events for our daughter’s quinceañera on November 18 and are so happy with the service we received! We are still receiving a lot of compliments from family and friends!The package we chose came with both a DJ and MC (Bryan) , and they were both awesome! They always kept our guests dancing and made sure everyone was having fun!! Our MC was bilingual so we appreciated that a lot too! The DJ created a custom surprise dance song for us ! They were extremely professional and skilled at what they do, and Valeria was always very professional and helpful .We would recommend Lumen over and over again! I have no regrets and will pay it again without hesitation.

Sent on 11/28/2017

pedro · Married on 10/07/2017

HIGHLY recommend! The wife and I wanted to ease the stress of our wedding dance floor ever being bare so we definitely wanted an MC to help with that. Bryan, the MC, did not disappoint! Bryan was extremely professional and fantastic. The DJ had the music flowing and their transitions were flawless. Our music taste is all over the place and they somehow made country, tejano, cumbias, hip hop/rap, etc..., flow seamlessly. Everyone loved how Bryan set the tone from the opening song and throughout the night. Worth every penny in my mind.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Nancy · Married on 09/02/2017

I hired them for my daughter's 15th birthday party. It was absolutely the best decision I made. The MC Ricardo and DJ Henry did a Superb Job; both of them are Professional, Patient, Friendly, Knowledgeable. They worked with me making sure everything was perfect and to my satisfaction by coordinated everything with me and provided suggestion about order of event and time lines. I was behind providing the information they needed (music list and event program), but they worked with me without complaints and always 100% professionals and polite. Valeria and Tania at the office were also great!. At first I though the price was high, but once I saw what they offered and the level of professionalism in which the MC and DJ handle themselves I saw that it is worth the price. I have no regrets and will pay it again without hesitation.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Cheri · Married on 07/07/2017

The price was well worth the service. Everything is centered arount you and your music style or taste!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/03/2017

We hired Lumen Events for our wedding on June 03 and are so happy with the service we received! The package we chose came with both a DJ and MC (Bryan) , and they were both awesome! They always kept our guests dancing and made sure everyone was having fun!! They allow you to make your own "priority" playlist online where you can make sure certain songs get played, and certain ones don't. Our MC was bilingual so we appreciated that a lot too! They were extremely professional and skilled at what they do, and Valeria was always quick to respond to our emails. We would recommend Lumen over and over again!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Eddie · Married on 03/04/2017

There's just not enough space to rave about LUMEN! We had the opportunity to work with Lumen for over a year prior to our wedding! We first met Melvin at a wedding expo and booked them immediately and we just knew we had to have them! throughout the entire planning process, the entire staff was so professional and personable and we shared some really great laughs prior to the wedding! Tania was an absolute pleasure to be around when it came to getting all the fine details together, from our timelines, walkthroughs at the venue to our back and forth texts about getting songs personalized down to the exact second we needed them queued at. Melvin and our DJ brought the party to the life day of! Melvin with his infectious personality and crazy dancemoves were definatley a crowd pleaser! EVERYONE wanted to dance with him and had so much fun on the dancefloor! our DJ just read the crowd all night and played amazing selections to keep our guests on the floor! When we started this journey of planning our wedding, we hoped for vendors that would understand our vision and help bring it to life and that's exactly what we got with LUMEN...plus we've made some new friends as well! Thank you guys for everything!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Sam · Married on 11/20/2016

Lumen events was a spectacular part of our wedding day! From the beginning the entire Lumen team was kind, knowledgeable, and very prompt in responding to our multiple questions. Not only do they provide a wonderful service I found their pricing to be incredible reasonable. We received so many complements about Lumen; Bryan our emcee was incredible and our DJ was equally talented. We truly appreciate everything they do to make each wedding a unique event and would highly recommend Lumen to anyone looking for a DJ/Emcee!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Graciela · Married on 11/19/2016

Meet with them and ask a lot of questions, they are knowledgeable and helpful...they feel like family!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Graciela · Married on 11/19/2016

Ask a lot of questions, listen to them...they are the experts.

They are amazing at what they do.

Sent on 12/16/2016
  • MICHAEL ALVARADO & ROBERT RENTERIA

Robert · Married on 10/22/2016

Totally AWESOME group of people who work side by side with your event. Highly recommended! Our MC Derek A, and Dj worked well together and celebrated our event with our guests.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Ernesto & Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

We have used Lumen for two very important events and I can't say how special they made my girls feel. They are absolutely amazing!!! Tanya and Brian go above and beyond to exceed expectations and personally attend to assure EXCELLENCE!!! Melvin is the icing to their performance!!! I highly recommend them to anyone interested in the very best entertainment, you simply can't go wrong with Lumen!!!

Sent on 06/05/2016

nora · Married on 05/06/2016

Lumen Events will make your event utterly UNFORGETTABLE. They are so much more than just the music. They set the mood with just the right type of lighting, timing which keeps everything as well as everybody moving. I enjoyed the planning process because I would contact Tania with an idea or a question and she would meet with me to review; her suggestions developed my ideas into reality. Lumen has expertise in every facet of the planning and if it is not immediately within their area then chances are they know who to refer you to. The DJ and the emcee know how to read the guests and can change it up on the fly if needed. I have been to several parties in the past which were in lovely venues, food was fine but the atmosphere was lacking. Lumen takes ordinary and transforms it into EXTRAORDINARY. They are a very high value and well worth the cost for throwing the party to remember.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Rhonda · Married on 02/20/2016

Fun night. MC kept the dance floor going all night. Focused on who the party was for.

Sent on 03/03/2016

Amanda · Married on 01/30/2016

I have worked with Lumen for two events now and they are amazing!! Professionalism is huge for them! They are the experts when it comes to their field! They will transform your whole event and Bryan has the crowd on their feet the entire night!! The lighting will make your venue a complete fairytale and the dj booth(set ups) will have your guests in awe! They are worth every penny you will spend and it truly is an investment for your event but this will be what your guests are truly going to remember! I promise because two years after our wedding I still hear people talking about the music and how awesome Bryan was! They are one of a kind!

Sent on 03/10/2016

Autumn · Married on 12/12/2015

I hired Lumen Events for my wedding and was so impressed! They went above and beyond to make my special day amazing! Cary was amazing and he was so much fun! He really kept the guest entertained and dancing! Jamal was awesome and played great music all night! I could not have asked for a better team. I forgot to print out the poem I was going to be reciting and Cary actually found it online and wrote it out for me. Several guests approached me to let me know how impressed they were as well. They were great and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Lumen provided DJ and MC services for our wedding reception in November 2015 and we could not have been happier! Bryan, Melvin and Jamal were incredibly helpful, responsive and professional. We really liked that we had a MC/DJ duo to ensure the night ran smoothly! Their kind words during the reception and ability to get folks on the dance floor was very special to us! We highly recommend Lumen to anyone looking for DJ services for their next event! :)

Sent on 12/07/2015

Lilly · Married on 11/27/2015

They were so kind to change their holiday personal plans to accommodate to my wedding, so Melvin could be the MC after I forgot to request him! I am so glad I chose them, I want to do it all over again just to be able to spend more time dancing and having a great time with them. Everyone at my wedding complimented me on the DJ and MC. Melvin interacted with me and my family making it personal and inviting and so much fun, people thought he was my friend from before the wedding! He got the crowd to participate in games and dances and just everything! I just can't say enough nice things! Anyone who ever asks about DJ services I will tell them not to think about going with anyone else, and it would be a compliment coming from me because I can be a terror when it comes to services being performed for me!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Lumen Events as a company is top tier. They were extremely helpful, professional, and most importantly fun! All of our guests were super impressed and wouldn't stop talking about them after the wedding. I also have to give a special shout out and thank you to Bryan Boyd for being the best MC on the planet. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience.

Sent on 12/05/2015

Stephane · Married on 11/21/2015

We found Lumen Events through our wedding planner and they were amazing! MC Derek and DJ Paul kept the party going and it was nonstop fun. We had a very diverse crowd at our wedding in age and from different places and Our DJ and MC were able to keep everyone entertained and on the dance floor. They also provided lighting and a monogram for the center of our dance floor and everything went smooth. The only thing that I would have done differently is how we chose songs. They use an online system to help choose songs you want (like your first song etc), but I got wrapped up picking songs to play for the whole wedding. Just talk with your DJ, have faith in them, and don't spend too much time on their online system.

Sent on 12/13/2015