Lulu Lush Reviews

Lulu Lush 6
Lulu Lush 7

Hannah · Married on 09/04/2019

Go Lulu!!!

Lulu was a pleasure!!! Such a gem of a person. I am quite a makeup junkie to begin with, I love experimenting and usually always do my own makeup for big events because I have a very particular face shape and features and normally most makeup artists do the "cookie cutter" makeup style on me which always ends up look horrible. I chose lulu for my wedding day despite the higher prices due to all her great reviews and I was SO happy I did!! 100% worthy it!!! She took the time during my makeup trial to make sure everything was just right for me for my big day. I wanted a makeup style that looked bronzed, glowey and natural (even though she used a lot) and that's exactly what I got! You know you have a good makeup artist when they apply a lot of makeup but make it look completely natural by the way. I got so many compliments on my makeup that day(especially my lips) and it translates beautifully in pictures too. I wish Lindsay all the best, you deserve all future success to come your way. Thanks again!!!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Lulu Lush 8
    Lulu Lush 9
    Lulu Lush 10
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 08/13/2019

Absolutely loved Lulu!!

Lulu was very prompt with communication, very professional and so much fun to work with! I loved my hair and airbrush make up! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Lulu Lush 11
    Lulu Lush 12

Erica Jang · Married on 02/16/2019

Talented, Sweet, and Professional!

I worked with Lindsay in Kauai and she was absolutely amazing. I work solely with two make-up artists in San Francisco for weddings, photoshoots and galas so I was very anxious about working with someone new especially since not all make-up artists know how to apply make-up that accentuates Asian features. Throughout my hair and make-up sessions with Lindsay, I was speechless because Lindsay knew exactly what I wanted and not once did I have to ask her to change anything. My make-up and hair also held from 2:00 PM until 11:00 PM, which I was super thankful for. Not only is Lindsay great at making an individual look beautiful but she also is super sweet and kind. I highly recommend Lindsay for anyone looking to hire a talented make-up artist in Hawaii!

Sent on 02/22/2019
    Lulu Lush 13
  • Pamela

Pamela Orr · Married on 01/02/2019

Fabulous Hair & Makeup

So happy I used Lulu Lush! The initial contact was open and straightforward, very easy to deal with from afar. The contract completion was simple. The follow up was great. My Lulu Approved stylist, Brittany, was fabulous. On time at our villa, very professional and well prepared. She was fun, energetic and so sweet! Brittany understood the look I wanted to achieve immediately. My hair and makeup were stunning!! Highly recommend for your best bridal look ❤️

Sent on 01/11/2019

Audrey · Married on 12/09/2018

Beautiful looks, worth every penny

I am very particular about my make-up both because I have worked in media/television and because I am Asian-American, which, for less-skilled artists, has proven to be a challenge (sisters, ya'll know what I mean). So, when a fellow Kauai artist (who couldn't make my date) recommended Lulu to me, I made sure to scour her Instagram to see examples of her work; it was important to me that whoever I hired showcase a wide range of faces and hairstyles, and I wanted to cull as much info as I could since I live on the mainland and would likely not meet her before my wedding day. In short, Lulu did not disappoint: every one I hired her for (maid of honor and mother of the bride) loved their looks, which held up during unexpected inclement weather. She was open to feedback and made sure to listen to everyone's personal preferences. And when it came to my hair, she was able to create a boho-glam look complete with a braid and work in my clip-in extensions, at my request. This, all WITHOUT having done a trial run. It's clear -- from her professionalism and skills -- that Lulu has worked with a variety of clients, so would-be brides, I would jump on locking down an appointment with her for your big day. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Shamim · Married on 11/23/2018

Beyond amazing!

Lulu and Brittany were both amazing!! So talented and made me look like a super model! They are very nice and flexible to work with and I am honored they were a part of my special day! You will not be disappointed she’s the best! She made me look exactly as I imagined, even better!! Thank your Lulu you are so talented and such a sweet person as well!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Omg! What an amazing artist LuLu is! Seriously, worth every penny and more! And I thought I would be better off saving money by getting my hair done by a salon, instead of having her do it- BIG mistake! I should have had her do our hair too! So... if you’re thinking of using anyone else- STOP! Ha! Use LuLu for EVERYTHING! Trust me! She is amazing! And sooooo beautiful herself! Inside and out! Truly amazing and I’m so blessed I found her!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Lulu Lush 14

Doreen · Married on 06/06/2018

I highly recommend you to book with Lindsay! She is absolutely incredible! She is truly everything you can ask from the pros’ surrounding you to be on your special day. She is super talented, and fully dedicate herself to you and what you want!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2018

I cannot recommend this beautiful, sweet and talented woman enough!!! I did not have a trial for makeup or hair with Lindsay before coming Kauai for our wedding. Lindsay did my look based solely off inspiration photos. I cannot express enough how in love I was with how my look turned out!!! She brought my visions to life with her talent!! She made my day so magical before it even officially began. Please do not waste a second longer and contact Lindsay today and experience the happiness, talent and kindness she will bring to your special day!! I am forever grateful for Lindsay!!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Sarah-Jane · Married on 03/21/2018

I would give 10 stars to Lulu if I could! I have the curliest, most unruly hair (made worse by the humidity of the tropics!). Since we were determined to get married in Hawaii where my husband is from, I knew I needed to find the BEST of the best to help me style it. Lulu was incredibly responsive right from the very beginning (found her on Yelp). Because of her reviews, I did not even look into other stylists. I can't imagine a better experience than I had working with Lulu Lush. Communication with Lulu was prompt and full of details and suggestions and ideas, and she was able to answer all of my questions, with honesty and enthusiasm. I emailed her with the tiniest issues, including how much gel to put in my hair prior to our consult, whether or not she could work with extensions (she could, and she made them look perfect), and above all, she was incredibly flexible with our schedule. I had to change my consult appt with her about four times, including when we arrived on the island (some of the activities we wanted to do conflicted with the time her and I had set). She immediately suggested other times and options, and was happy to do so.
    When I met her for our consult, I knew right away I had found the right girl! It felt as though I was hanging out with a long-time friend while she did my hair. After the consult, she asked that I be honest about what I liked/didn't like about my hair in preparation for the big day. When I told her my curls seemed a little bigger and less kinky than what I'm used to, she simply brought a smaller curling iron the day of the wedding and created the most PERFECT hair for my wedding day. NO other stylist has ever EVER been able to style my hair the exact way that I want it. Lulu is incredibly, unbelievably talented. I bet my hair was one of the biggest challenges she's faced, and she made it more beautiful than I could have envisioned. THANK YOU Lulu!!

Sent on 04/14/2018
    Lulu Lush 15
    Lulu Lush 16
    Lulu Lush 17

Brandye · Married on 12/14/2017

I can't say enough about this incredible woman! I had my wedding at the Disney Aulani in Oahu. One of the things that I stressed about the most, was who was going to do my hair and makeup especially since I'm a huge perfectionist and rarely am satisfied when I get my hair done by anyone else. She listened to every little detail and handled all the stress that was going on with such grace. I've never had so many compliments on my hair and makeup. She does airbrushing and my face was flawless. Her attention to detail is unmatched. I felt like a goddess once she was done. I would recommend her to anyone. I had spent the extra to have her fly in to Oahu from Kauai and it was worth every penny. Thank you for making me beautiful on my wedding day Lulu!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Anna · Married on 09/30/2017

My experience working with Lindsay of Lulu Lush was nothing but the absolute best. She and her assistant took care of myself, my six bridesmaids, my mother, my mother in law, two aunties, and my grandmother in law. They had us done with time to spare, and each and every girl was ecstatic with the result. They took their time, and were so patient even when I decided to change my hair at the last minute. They exceeded every request for every girl. I am so happy to have found Lindsay. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Nina · Married on 09/23/2017

My experience with Lulu could not have been better! This was a destination wedding for me so the first time I met Lulu was during our consultation two days before my wedding. She was so nice and personable, and very clearly experienced and knowledgeable. I really appreciated that she was so focused on what I wanted for my wedding look and making me feel comfortable with everything!
    On the day of the wedding, Lulu and her associate did an amazing job on myself aswell as my mom and bridesmaids. Everyone looked so beautiful! I have received so many compliments about the bridal party hair and make up! I really can't say enough good things about Lulu. I am so blessed that I chose her!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Lulu Lush 18

Carly · Married on 08/23/2017

When I received the list of hair & make-up artists on Kauai, I was instantly attracted to Lulu Lush because she simply had the best name. Still, I emailed each person on the list. Lulu responded almost immediately! She continued to be responsive, helpful, and very kind from start to finish! (I was planning my dream destination wedding from Northeastern Minnesota - with extremely slow & unpredictable internet service. There were 4 women total in my wedding party.). Lulu is a passionate, heart-centered, extremely talented, caring, and skilled professional. I had a consultation with her prior to my wedding day at her home and then she promptly came to the resort I was staying at to work her magic on my big day. Lulu is worth every penny and then some! I felt absolutely beautiful and at-ease when my look was complete. My Mom, my Sister, and my 13-year-old niece (MOH) looked stunning and were really happy about their looks as well. Our make-up and hair remained flawlessly intact all afternoon and evening on a hot, windy August day. Lulu is absolutely fantastic in every way. She was a very significant person on a very important day in my Life and I am so grateful we met. Mahalo, Lulu.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Haley · Married on 08/03/2017

Lulu is the greatest! My MOH and I had such a wonderful time having her get us all ready for the wedding. I have nothing but 5 star amazing things to say about her. She did an outstanding job for us both and offers such a high quality of service. I would recommend anybody to have her for your wedding or any event, I would 120% have her get us ready again and again! She is so accommodating and kind, she works magic!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Jamie · Married on 07/15/2017

My experience with Lulu was greater than I could have ever imagined. Between adding a last minute hair & make-up trail, coming over earlier than originally expected the morning of, and losing power @ the hotel, she could seriously get through any obstacle thrown her way. Not only was she very versatile and professional, but she was so sweet and understanding. She made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt and I HIGHLY recommend Lindsay to anyone that is looking to get any of these services. She is worth every penny! If you want the best, stop searching now. Just get a hold of Lulu and I promise you, you wont be disappointed. xoxo

Sent on 10/15/2017

Rebekah · Married on 04/05/2017

Lulu is amazing. She did such a great job with my hair and makeup. I wasn’t very helpful when it came to clarity with what I wanted but she was so flexible, everything turned out perfect.
    I did the mink eyelash extensions and planned on doing the air-bush makeup but it was raining. She communicates well and was right on time! She is so sweet and I loved that she had worked with our photographer as well.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Serene · Married on 02/23/2017

Lindsay is absolutely amazing! I planned my day with her from Arizona and she was wonderful keeping in touch. She made my vintage style come to life for my big day. She is sweet and attentive and we had fun while getting ready. I will forever be grateful I chose her. She made me feel like a princess for my fairy-tale wedding. Please choose her, she will not disappoint. Thank you Lindsay ??

Sent on 03/01/2017

Jeni · Married on 02/22/2017

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Lulu Lush is. If you want to look and feel like a model on one of the most important days of your life, then Lulu is your girl! Let me make finding your make-up artist and hair stylist search a little easier; just stop your search and book her now. I did a lot of researching and spent a lot of time searching for someone like her. From my first interaction with her through my last, she is one the most kind, thoughtful and genuine people I've met. She listened to me and all my ideas, she looked at my inspiration pictures and gave me everything I wanted and more. I am not one to brag, but oh my gosh, I felt and looked like a princess on my wedding day. I wanted to cry when I saw myself in the mirror as I have never seen myself in that way. One of my wedding guests came up to me and said- "I know it's common to tell people 'you're the prettiest bride I've seen!' but wow, you are! I had to pinch myself when you walked down the aisle." My hair and makeup lasted all throughout the night, I never had to do any touch-ups, UNREAL. She does supply you with an adorable re-touching kit if you do need! My maid-of-honor and bridesmaids were running a little late and I was worried who would lace up my difficult gown while the photographer was there. Without even asking, Lulu runs over and laces me up, puts my veil in and is putting all the finishing touches on as I'm walking out the door. I felt like I had a close friend there with me during our entire interaction. Lulu, things got busy at the end and I just wanted to say, THANK YOU! You have no idea how big of a part you had on the most important day of my life thus far. You are absolute gold. Brides: You have a lot of decisions to make, choosing Lulu will be one of the best ones you make! I am so incredibly happy and impressed!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Lulu Lush's reply:

OMG! You just made me tear up :)) Thank you so much for the sweetest review ever and for having me a part of your gorgeous celebration. You literally looked like a fairytale princess, wow! Can't wait to see the pictures Jonathan captured. Sending love and warm aloha always. XO

Rachel · Married on 02/16/2017

Lulu made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! I showed her a few pictures and the final result, from my makeup to my hair, was perfection. I planned my Kauai wedding from halfway across the globe in Florida so her prompt email response time was greatly appreciated as well. Sweet, professional and just a total joy to work with. I'm just sad I couldn't pack her in my suitcase. ;)

Sent on 02/27/2017

Lulu Lush's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel!
    I truly enjoyed our time together and wish you so much love and happiness for your future. Looking forward to adding your gorgeous face to my portfolio.
    XO

Van K · Married on 10/01/2016

I will never be able to thank Lulu enough for making me look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day. I absolutely love her work and my makeup lasted all day and all night! I was truly sad having to wash my face! :) Lulu is incredibly gifted and I feel so grateful that she shared her talents with me, my mothers, sisters and bridesmaids. She customized our makeup to our likes and was so lovely and patient. We all loved how we looked and truly enjoyed the time spent with LuLu. She is incredibly sweet and made each of us feel so comfortable. Two of the ladies never liked wearing makeup and she made them love it! I made a mistake on the timeline, so she had less time to do my hair and makeup but she delivered under pressure and did an incredible job!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Alison · Married on 09/30/2016

Lindsay is great! She was so easy to communicate with, which was super important as I eloped to Kauai (from Alabama). I had so much fun hanging out with her on our special day, she made me feel beautiful. She is super sweet and so genuine! I love how laid back and stress free everything was. She listened to what I wanted and gave me that and more. I loved my hair and makeup. She knew just what to do to make me feel naturally beautiful as well as pop for the cameras :) I would recommend her a thousand times over!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Christine · Married on 08/18/2016

Sent from my iPhone

What an amazing experience having your hair and makeup professional done by Lulu. She made the me feel so beautiful for my wedding day with Tom. She is sweet, funny and helpful in providing fun things for Tom and I to do while staying on the island. Five stars for my girl!!!! ??????????
    Christine

Sent from my iPhone

Sent on 08/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/08/2016

Lulu is wonderful! I organized hair and makeup with her from a distance (for my Mom and me), and was eager to work with her based on her great portfolio. A week before the wedding, my grandmother fell, sprained her wrist and got two very big black eyes. Lulu was amazing; she rearranged her schedule and made time for my grandmother. And she worked wonders on us all - you couldn't see any of the bruising on my grandma, my Mom was thrilled with her elegant updo, and I loved the natural yet glamorous look Lulu gave me. She was very fun to spend the day with, easy to talk to, someone I'd love to grab a drink with when we come back, and very patient with my questions and fear of fake eyelashes. As someone who rarely wears makeup, I thought I would be intimidated by the process - but Lulu made everything lovely, relaxing, and enjoyable.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Reya · Married on 06/18/2016

Lulu is an amazing hair and makeup artist. Her products and techniques are modern and up to date. Her passion for what she does shines through her work.

Sent on 06/30/2016