Luke Entertainment - Tampa Bay DJ & Live Entertainment Reviews

44 | Lutz, FL

44 Reviews for Luke Entertainment - Tampa Bay DJ & Live Entertainment

Jamie · Married on 03/12/2017

Luke Entertainment was the star of our wedding! Woody Luke was thorough, professional, and his experience was quite clear. Luke was amzing with the guests and played the perfect music, which made our wedding fun and memorable. You need Luke Entertainment at your wedding...they are the best!

• CANDACE

CANDACE · Married on 02/06/2016

We cannot express HOW much we felt like we hit the jackpot calling Luke Entertainment! We were on the fence about hiring a DJ, but Woody convinced me over the phone how much a DJ would ensure the flow of the event was kept to schedule, and lively! Todd was our assigned DJ and we could not have been happier! We originally asked Todd if he could mix a song we were planning to do a surprise dance to, and he went a step further to call me and ask more about the dance. I proceeded to tell him “no…..we are not dancers” (he laughed…encouragingly though) but was adamant about the realities of learning a surprise dance for your guests when nerves are already sky high…and none the less, the lack of "natural dance skills" may also add to that stress. So….long story short, surprisingly, his talents included choreography! We ended up hiring him to help us with a handful of dance lessons AND he even arranged a pre-wedding practice in front of a bunch of strangers at a local beach bar! On wedding day, I never dreamed we would have been so prepared, we felt like PROS and NAILED IT! We had more fun with the music and preparing this dance than almost any other part of the planning. Say all of this to say, you’re getting much more than the minimum requirements when you go with Luke Entertainment! 

Heidy · Married on 06/14/2015

Luke Entertainment provides excellent service! They were so understanding of all my reception needs and they really are great about sending you the perfect DJ to meet those needs. DJ Izzy was our DJ and he was such an amazing asset to our reception. He was so attentive to all the details we spoke on the phone and was always prompt to respond to emails. He set up a great DJ stand and placed LED uplighting perfectly! Without him the party wouldn't have the same. By all means look into Luke Entertainment for all your wedding needs!

Shanna · Married on 03/14/2015

First off I am sooooo glad I hired him!! He did amazing and really made my wedding a blast. He picked the best music and also helped the flow of the whole night go off without a hitch!!! Thank you so much! Greg and I are so grateful for you and all you did for our wedding! If you are thinking about hiring this DJ, DO IT!!! You will not regret it!

Andrea · Married on 12/20/2014

Luke Entertainment was the very best choice to provide DJ services for my wedding! The owner, Woody, was our DJ and he was absolutely amazing! The music choices were perfect, the lighting was awesome and Woody kept the party going all night. I couldn't have asked for a better source of entertainment for our wedding!

• TINA

TINA · Married on 12/13/2014

Great MC, kept the evening flowing. He played appropriate music at the right times and was very flexible with our venue and other vendors. We will certainly be using him again!

Linette · Married on 10/11/2014

DJ Luke was our DJ and he was AMAZING. He was very punctual and stuck to the plan, regardless of some last minute issues that caused for us (bride and groom) to step away for a moment. He read the crowd very well and played music that got everyone out of their seats and onto the dance floor. Not to mention, he was very reasonably priced. He also made sure to communicate with us throughout the entire planning process. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Ryan · Married on 10/04/2014

Dj Woody was amazing. We used him for our wedding on October 4th, 2014. He was very organized and did an amazing job with the music for our cocktail hour and reception. He got everyone's name correct on the introduction of the bridal party. He made sure the night flowed smoothly without making the night feel rushed. I would highly recommend him and will use him again in the future. Best Dj in Tampa bay area.

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2014

Woody is the best!!! He was insanely flexible - we had bad weather on our wedding day, so he had to move at the last minute and set up TWO areas, one of which was upstairs and there was no elevator. Great music was played, and he really was great to us!!

Scott · Married on 06/28/2014

DJ Woody is awesome! As soon as I contacted him about possibly being the DJ and MC at our wedding, he was extremely responsive and answered any questions that I had. He met with us (probably 6 months in advance to go over everything with the family). We had a great meeting and Woody is very personable, I was getting excited just talking to him about the event. His planning website makes it really easy to request or not to play particular songs, and it works really well. We had to send him a couple of songs in MP3 format, that we were going to use for the first dance and Mother/Son dance, and this was no issue at all. He kept everyone on the dance floor, and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had. One of the things that you read about is the need for having both a DJ and an MC. Our experience with Woody definitely shows that it's not necessary. It was an awesome party and can't say enough good things.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Luke Entertainment - Tampa Bay DJ & Live Entertainment's reply:

Scott,
    What a great Reception Party! You guys were a very fun and energetic crowd. I really enjoyed working that night, as it was more fun than work! I wish many years of happiness to the both of you and your families!

Kristi · Married on 05/03/2014

We cannot express just how happy we were with selecting Woody as our DJ! He was so organized and attentive to our needs! He kept the party going and made the reception truly unforgettable! In addition, the up lighting that he provided turned out absolutely beautiful and really made the reception space so gorgeous! If you want a stress free wedding day with an excellent party you MUST hire Luke Entertainment!

James · Married on 03/29/2014

Woody was simply extraordinary. Whether it was our obscure musical selections (Beyonce as performed by a brass band) or our timeline which had to be altered at a moment's notice, Woody rolled with everything that was thrown at him. He did a fantastic job, and we're thrilled with him.

For those concerned with hiring a DJ, just talk to Woody. Be specific. He really gets the feel of what you are aiming for musically. Our selections for dinner and the cocktail hour were pretty far outside of what most people seem to do, and Woody grasped what we were aiming for and nailed the execution.

We can't recommend him highly enough. In every way he performed better than we hoped.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 03/15/2014

Luke Entertainment swooped in and saved the day after our DJ terminated our contract about four weeks before our wedding day. He matched the price we were paying our previous DJ as a favor to us and was able to provide the services we were looking for (light show, and video). We loved all the online resources he provided, These documents made it so easy to plan the reception timeline and request songs.

Our reception was on the sand and he easily adapted his equipment to work for the space. He had a great vibe and showed real leadership during the reception, everything from the music selection, to his interaction with our guests was exactly what we wanted. He was extremely flexible and allowed us to play a movie we made of our courtship and than played a surprise slideshow one of our guests submitted.

Suzanne · Married on 03/08/2014

Woody from Luke Entertainment provided DJ services for my Daughters wedding held at The Don Vicente in Tampa and we could not have been happier! He kept the party going! He also took time to learn and pronounced some difficult middle eastern names with 100% accuracy which was very important to us! He was full of energy and honored every request in timeline as well as song and dance. He has personality plus and the other vendors commented on what a pleasure he was to work with. There is a lot of competition out there, but I give you my word, you WON'T go wrong with Luke Entertainment! Not everyone will remember how the chicken tasted or what the filling of the cake was, but EVERYONE remembers the party, the celebration! Make sure it's a good one! Thank you LE for a night to remember! 5 stars ALL THE WAY! The Mahmoud/Valverde family!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Luke Entertainment - Tampa Bay DJ & Live Entertainment's reply:

Thank you!
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 12/15/2013

Woody was an absolutely perfect choice for our wedding DJ. He handled a crowd of college age - elderly church friends with no problem. The dance floor was full the whole night, and he even played the UF fight song for the large group of Gators. Leading up to the wedding, he worked with me to plan the schedule, and worked well with my day of coordinator and photographer during the actual wedding. So many people complimented him during and after the event, and no one had a single bad thing to say about the music or entertainment.

I highly recommend Woody for any event!

Joseph · Married on 10/12/2013

Hired Woody a few months prior to our wedding day. I can not stress how good this guy was as a business man, DJ, and Emcee for our wedding. Always a prompt response to emails and phone calls. He is not just a DJ but a full event talent agency, so he also organized a cigar roller for us (who was also amazing and was a great hit with guests). He also did all of the uplighting around the venue including building exterior and palm trees which look amazing after sunset. We started the wedding somewhat traditional with a modern twist and then blew it into a full fledged party for the reception and Woody could not have meet our vision of our wedding any better. It was above and beyond what we expected. Thank You!

Woody at Luke Entertainment did an excellent job at my wedding. We had a very simple ceremony so there was not a long list of music to be played there. Working the ceremony was a last minute ordeal due to the ceremony venue changing. Tear down from the ceremony and set up at the reception venue was done in a timely, efficient manner. Woody was great! Other than the first dance, father/daughter dance and the mother/son dance, I gave him free reign and control of the music played. He kept the guests involved and out on the dance floor to dance the night away. They also help keep the reception flowing throughout the night. It was nice to just go and enjoy the night. Definitely will use them in the future!

Ljupka · Married on 09/14/2013

Woody and Todd were the best choice for DJ for our small wedding. They provided both the ceremony and reception music and we were extremely impressed by their flexibility to work with all our requests. Our wedding had both American and international music and all our music requests were answered and played by Todd. Woody and Todd always followed up with us before the wedding to ensure we have everything ready and went beyond their duties to help us with other aspects of our wedding. I recommend Todd and Woody for your music needs for any event.

Patty · Married on 07/19/2013

Woody Luke, owner of Luke Entertainment, is AWESOME!!! I have contracted (hired) his services for every major event we have hosted over the past 25 years! I would highly recommend him. He goes above and beyond in everything he does! He is professional as well as FUN and definitely knows how to bring everyone to the dance floor!

Megan · Married on 07/13/2013

Amazing! Dj Luke kept everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. He was very professional. I loved the online music planning. I was able to set up everything without any stress.

Luke Entertainment was recommended by the venue where we held our wedding reception. I booked the venue over a year in advance b/c I was traveling all over and had been corresponding with Woody from Luke Entertainment during that year via email/phone. I cannot express how thankful I am to have found them for our reception. Their website is set up perfectly for the bride and groom to input a detailed schedule of what would take place with times, etc. And picking out music was so much fun on their website. It really made it easy for us.
    In short, the DJ came out to our reception and did an INCREDIBLE job!!!!! He took charge (with approval of course, haha) when need be (it's tough when everyone wants to take pics with the bride and groom, etc) and kept the crowd going, rain or shine. We had so much fun and we can't thank Luke Entertainment enough. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend their services.

hilde · Married on 04/30/2013

Woody was the best!! He kept the party going and really made the party complete. His online planning form is perfect as I live in the Netherlands and had to plan everything from overseas!!
    He was very proffesional and very quick with anwsering my questions!
    If you are looking for a DJ who will make your wedding reception an awesome party!! Go for Luke entertainment!!
    Thanks Woody!!

The newlywed game he suggested was a hit!

rachel · Married on 12/29/2012

Woody was great! He kept the party going all night and our dance floor was full! When my brother wanted to play a special song for us, he worked with him on getting everything set up which was a bonus. The party was so fun that we wnated to extend it and Woody had no issue with this at all. My husband and I are so glad we choos Woody Luke Intertainment and would recommend him and his company to anyone getting married in the future. His price was great too!!

Rachel, Tampa, FL

Michelle · Married on 11/17/2012

The DJ was the best part of my wedding! I couldn't have picked a better DJ! I got married 11/17/12 and Woody was my DJ and he was amazing. All my guest made comments about how good he was! He did great with announcements, intros, choices of music, and the newlywed game was something my husband and I as well as our guest will never forget! He was worth every penny!