Ludger's Catering & Events Reviews

Ludger's Catering & Events 2
  • Christel

Christel · Married on 09/14/2019

Wedding Bliss

Lindsay was a delight to work with for my daughter's wedding reception. She was professional and always pleasant. I was able to trust her experience and advice to make the reception run smoothly even from out of town. Ramiro was fantastic on the day of the wedding. Everything looked beautiful and tasted delicious. He served and cleaned up. The whole experience was wonderful. I highly recommend Ludgers for your next event.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Hayden Carr · Married on 11/03/2018

Best caterer!

Ludger's just catered my wedding and they were AWESOME! It is a one stop shop with them. You can order everything through them, from food down to linens and centerpieces. They set everything up, and broke everything down. We sat down at our table for dinner and our server Judy made our plates, brought us drinks, and checked on us all throughout the night to make sure we didn't need anything. The best part: we got to our hotel with the bag they packed for us and it included a piece of every cake we had (we didn't get to try them all), our appetizers that we didn't get to try, and 2 full boxes of food. They also packed up all the remaining food we had left over and split it between our parents. Hands down the best catering company!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2018

We enjoyed working with Ludger’s starting with our cake tasting appointment. There were some concerns brought up by Ludger’s with our order so they suggested an alternative that worked out even better. Our wedding was in Norman but there were no issues transporting it from Tulsa and it turned out amazing. We look forward to enjoying it again on our one year anniversary!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Ludger's Catering & Events 3
    Ludger's Catering & Events 4

Ludger's Catering & Events's reply:

Hi Rachel... I wanted to let you know that you did this review under Ludger's Catering, rather than Ludger's Bavarian Cakery. We are owned and operated separately, so I want to make sure that they get the credit due with your review. Congratulations on your marriage!

Gloria · Married on 06/02/2018

Megan and her team know what service means! From the moment we had our first meeting , we knew we had to hire them to cater my daughter’s wedding! And it was perfect. Megan was so excited about the Beauty and the Beast theme and her bartender dressed as Gaston! The servers were so attentive to our guests and stayed until the very end to make sure everything was cleaned up. They packed a bag of food and cake for the bride and groom to take to the hotel that night. Thank you so much Ludgers!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Jamie · Married on 04/21/2018

We worked with Megan S. while planning our wedding. Ludger's provided for our wedding our dinner, bar and some of our decor. Megan made planning so easy and really fun. I loved working with her and would do it again in a heartbeat. Megan dealt with my crazy family and quickly answered or dealt with anything that popped up. We could not recommend their services enough. They servers we had the night of wedding were great, especially Susie, our lead server. She made the flow of the evening go so well. They also packed us the cutest little snack bag at the end of the night. We loved working with Megan and we definitely put her through the paces. She's a rockstar and will make sure your event goes perfect!

Sent on 04/25/2018
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 03/30/2018

Working with Ludger's for our wedding was great, they were very professional and listen to what we wanted. The staff was prompt and did a great job.

Sent on 04/10/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 06/10/2017

WOW! Ludger's was FANTASTIC!!!! The food was spectacular, the service was professional, and working with Megan was a dream! We received so many compliments at our wedding about the incredible food and drinks. We couldn't have asked for anything better!!!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Rebekah · Married on 12/17/2016

Wow! I cannot express how impressed I was with Ludger’s Catering for my morning wedding brunch. Megan walked me through every little detail from customizing the menu to table linens and napkins. She also had a developed relationship with my wedding venue already, which helped a lot. The staff were very professional and prompt. They were on-time to set up at exactly 6am for my morning wedding. The servers were amazing to the point that you barely noticed they were there. And the head server…. She was AMAZING! She was professional with checking in with me, packing the groom and I take home meals, and even helped me with “maid of honor” tasks like fetching me my dancing flats. After the ceremony, the guests started eating while the bridal party was taking pictures. After making our grand entrance into the reception, the first thing I heard from everyone was how good the food was, especially the bacon. If I were you I would consider doing a morning wedding just because of how good the bacon, homemade cinnamon rolls, and homemade blueberry coffee cake was. I would HIGHLY recommend Ludger’s Catering.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Diana · Married on 10/22/2016

Ludger's had in our opinion the best price for better quality food. Anyone could easily get cheaper prices, with the food to match. We wanted a heavy appetizer style setting that would fill people up without restricting them to a one dish entree option. We were able to do that with Ludger's, and had nothing but rave reviews from our guests about the food. We also did hand passed canapes during wedding party pictures, served by their servers, which was incredibly pleasing for our guests. The cost couldn't be beat, and the quality of the food was superb.
    We also used them for their bartending, and had a bartender who joked and spoke to all of our guests all night long.
    They also packed a to-go bag for my husband and I to take after the wedding to our hotel, including a personal keepsake. The small touch meant the world to us, and we only wish they had a store front we could visit all the time.
    The employees were a dream to work with, especially Megan, who we worked with on numerous occasions within the process. She was always pleasant and professional and genuinely invested in our loving our wedding.

Sent on 12/08/2016

The food was Excellent and the staff was very friendly and courteous.

Sent on 12/17/2016
  • Ashli

Ashli · Married on 09/01/2016

So happy we made the decision to go with Ludgers. Megan was very helpful and made things very easy. It was always a pleasure talking to her. The food was absolutely amazing. The staff was professional and in addition to our reception meals they even packed up a plate of goodies from our candy buffet, which I was happy about since we were so busy I didn't get any.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Sonya · Married on 08/06/2016

We utilized Ludger’s Catering for both rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour. They did a very professional job at both venues. The food was amazing—everyone raved about it! The presentation of the food, design of tables, centerpieces, etc. was superb. They paid great attention to detail and the guests noticed. During the selection process, they allowed us to taste the food so we could establish our ideal menu. They worked with us on changes of guests in attendance numerous times and were accommodating to those who prefer gluten-free items. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Hannah · Married on 10/23/2015

Absolutely the best catering experience I have had ever. Everyone raved about the food and the staff was amazing. Highly recommend them to anyone/

Sent on 02/04/2017

Aislinn · Married on 10/10/2015

Look no further for your wedding caterer! Ludger's is by far the best, and I have been to a lot of weddings. The food was so delicious and I got so many compliments from our guests at our wedding! They can customize your menu to exactly what you want and to your budget. Megan is an absolute pleasure to work with and so is her staff. They were all professional, showed up on time, and took care of everything for us. We had them help us out with rental coordination and setup/breakdown and that was definitely worth the money. They made sure everything was right and were quick with breakdown. I have zero complaints! Check them out.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Mary · Married on 10/10/2015

We had a champagne brunch after our wedding that was delicious! They met with us, had a tasting for us, helped us pick our tablecloths, etc., delivered everything and packaged the leftovers when they did the cleanup. We had many compliments on how good the food was and how lovely the service was. They even served our wedding cake!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Marie · Married on 07/18/2015

I could write a book describing how happy I am that I went with Ludger's. From the moment I chose them, Megan has been by my side as if I had a full blown wedding planner. She charges a small fee in addition to the actual food for coordinating services. She will deal with the rental company, the venue, and almost any other vendor she is involved with. She and her team will create a venue layout for you and also do ALL the set up the day of the wedding. I was so stress free and she was incredibly patient with all my emails and small and large detail changes throughout the time I was planning.

And the FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. We did a heavy appetizers buffet & everyone loved it. Not only for they have a plate ready for us as soon as we sat down (so we actually got to eat at our own wedding) they packed us a go box too (we forgot to grab it, but it did exist!). They also remembered by crazy request to have crab cakes waiting for me after cocktail hour since we missed it taking photos.

And the staff, so incredibly professional. I didn't even know they were there, but plates and glasses were cleared without any disturbances. Everyone was sweet and attentive to my husband and our guests. They also cleaned up everything when we left, even the rentals.

They are worth every penny. I got the wedding planner without having to pay the crazy prices they can charge. I wouldn't change a thing (except rembering to grab that to go box because the food was delicious).

Sent on 03/29/2015

We are so happy we went with Ludger's. Megan (the owner) is amazing to work with. She is so quick to return emails, so organized, so fun and friendly, and everything was executed perfectly at our reception. Oh and the food is great too!!!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Jasmine · Married on 10/31/2014

Working with Ludgers (and especially Meghan) was a big highlight of my wedding planning. I had so much fun picking out our menu and having a tasting. They know what they are doing and seem to have a great time doing it. I don’t have experience with any other ‘wedding catering’ companies, so I don’t know if they all do this, but Ludger's offers to include your rentals (tables, chairs, linens, etc.) so they will set up/tear down for a small fee. I would highly recommend this because cleaning up after your reception is the last thing you want to do. And it's fun to go shopping with Meghan! They took care of so much for my reception.
    Also, Susie (maybe Susan… things were a little chaotic that day and I don’t remember) was phenomenal. She approached me while I was waiting to walk down the aisle (it was an appropriate time) and asked what I would like to drink and eat and when I would like it. And she delivered it. I didn’t get a chance to meet the rest of the staff that night but everything went so smooth. They also pack up a to-go box for the couple for after the wedding, and the food was still amazing.
    The FOOD! Very high quality and so tasty! I know that should be the highlight of my review since this is the catering review, but I’m just so pleased with the service we received from the very first meeting. But yes the food is delicious and a lot of guests complimented it. Actually, I’m wishing I had some bourbon glazed beef right now. Very Very good.
    I am so pleased with every aspect of this company and hope that I get to work with them again! – Not for my wedding of course but I may just throw a party to use them! The food itself is not crazy expensive. Very comparable to almost any catering company. Oh – and they will work with your budget – I had about 5 different price break-downs to choose from – all with different options. So if you are reviewing this for your wedding CONGRATULATIONS! And I would highly recommend Ludger’s Catering!!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2014

I can't say enough good things about using Ludger's as our wedding caterer. From our first tasting, to the final product, everything was outstanding! Everyone we talked to at Ludger's throughout the planning process was so helpful. The day of the wedding, as I was walking out to the ceremony, I passed one of the people from Ludger's (I wish I could remember her name!) and mentioned I was hungry because I hadn't eaten lunch. As soon as the ceremony was over, she had appetizers outside and ready for the wedding party while we were waiting for our pictures. It was so thoughtful! We went with roasted chicken, brisket, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, along with the salad and bread. It was all so delicious! We got so many compliments on the food at our reception. The servers were all helpful and attentive to our needs. They even packed up a to go box for us that we were able to eat for two meals the next day. I wouldn't change a thing about our catering!

Sent on 10/29/2014

I cannot put into words how much I absolutely LOVED working with Megan at Ludger's Catering. She is an angel. She took care of all the linens and food, and her staff even cut the cake at the reception. Her ideas were so creative, but she took my vision and dream, and enhanced it. I would use Ludger's again instantly, for any event. Their prices are extremely fair (almost even cheap!) and the quality is out of this world. Amazing!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Melody · Married on 03/08/2014

Only one word to describe them - incredible. The food was excellent, the staff was perfect and working with Megan was fun and easy. They fulfilled every request I had and also provided great suggestions when I couldn't make up my mind. I couldn't have asked for any better service or quality of food.

Sent on 04/04/2014

The very best! Their staff is great and very friendly, they go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect and their food is EXCELLENT! Don't look any further, Ludger's is the BEST option you could ever find in town.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Merrilee · Married on 07/20/2013

We used Ludger's Catering for our wedding reception in Tulsa, OK on July 20, 2013. All of the food at the reception was delicious and perfect. We received several compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, several said it was the best “wedding food” they have ever had at a reception, and we couldn’t agree more.

Several members of my family, including myself, have Celiac Disease and are not able to eat gluten. Ludger’s was able to accommodate our food allergy and modified several items for us to be able to eat. We never felt like we were missing out on any of the food and everything that was gluten free was delicious, we were very impressed.

Megan is extremely detailed, professional and quick to respond. We never had any doubts on who we selected as our caterer and if we ever need an event catered in the future, we will definitely select Ludger’s Catering.

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 06/08/2013

Scott and Megan were awesome. We meet with a number of caterers before we decided on one. We liked that they were professional and did not talk bad about their competition. The tasting was professional and they gave us exactly what we needed when we needed it. When we needed to get China at the last minute because ours fell through they were able to make it happen for us. We would definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Wonderful!! Very helpful through the entire process and they made it a really stress free. Great prices and amazing food. Guests even said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding!!

Sent on 06/24/2013