Lucky Devils Band Reviews

Lucky Devils Band 6
Lucky Devils Band 7
  • Rachel

Rachel Roy · Getting married on 04/04/2021

Best Wedding Band Out There!

My husband and I just got married a few weeks ago in Sonoma, CA. We live in Atlanta so planned the wedding mostly through email and google searches. From the very beginning of our wedding planning we knew we wanted a live band and spent a lot a time researching for the perfect one. We found The Lucky Devils band through a google search and decided to go with them after reading so many positive reviews. This was probably the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. My husband and I are both in our 30s and have been in and to a lot of weddings with live bands, and I realize this will come across bias, but trust me when I say The Lucky Devils was the best of any live band we’ve seen. Not only was every member so kind and professional, but they are all so talaneted and read the crowd so well throughout the night. We had a smaller wedding of about 45 guest, and somehow they managed to keep the dance floor full throughout the evening. The lead singer Gabriela even came down on the dance floor a few times and really worked the crowd in the best kind of way! We actually had them play for the ceremony and cocktail hour as well and couldn’t of been happier with either. In the weeks that have followed our wedding we have had multiple people who attended the wedding tell us they were the best wedding band they had seen.
    If you’re currenlty looking for a live band for any occasion do yourself a favor and book them - you won’t regret it, promise!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Chris Jacobs · Getting married on 08/04/2020

This band is absolutely phenomenal! Book them now!

This band is straight-up f!@#ing awesome! First of all, Aaron is the nicest person on planet Earth. He was SO responsive to all of our emails from the very beginning. We contacted a lot of bands at first, and some of them responded literally months later. Aaron was on top of it right away, very detailed in his emails, very organized, and VERY friendly. When we decided to go with LDB, he met us at the venue 2-3 times before our wedding just to get a lay of the land and see how everything would be set up. They played a small keyboard set during our cocktail hour, they set up their equipment for our friends who played our ceremony music, they created Spotify playlists based on our song choices for us to play through their system during the pre-ceremony and dinner, and overall they kicked so much ass we gave them an extra tip over what we had previously set aside. As for the music and their performance, they were absolutely amazing. They never said "no" once to anything we asked, I'm pretty sure they learned "Aeroplane" by the Chili Peppers just for us, and overall they just completely dominated. Everyone was totally blown away by them (we did the 5-piece option), and we had a lot of professional musicians and artists in the crowd. They also played marathon sets that allowed us to dance all night, which is exactly what we wanted. They made our entire wedding absolutely soar, and we have them to thank for being so freaking awesome. Not to mention they had to deal with a power outage fifteen minutes before the ceremony started! I'm telling you, these guys are incredible. Please book them and pay them whatever they ask -- though they were by far, BY FAR, the least expensive band we had contacted. LDB is top-flight.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Bush · Married on 08/17/2019

Best Part of the Party!

We first saw the Lucky Devils preform at a showcase. I will admit I wasn't totally convinced as the performance was meant to show their range but instead felt disconnected. We decided to book anyway, knowing that a live band would be more fun than a DJ.

When it came to the day of our actual wedding we were BLOWN AWAY. Jefferson did a phenomenal job putting together a band that perfectly fit our vision for the evening. The dance floor was full up until the very last song.

The Lucky Devils Band did an incredible job making sure everyone at our wedding (ages 2 to 98) stayed on their feet. We received so many compliments about the band and we are so happy we chose them to preform for our big day!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Kevin · Married on 08/11/2019

Great experience!

The band handled all the music and sound needs for our wedding including ceremony music, mics for the officiant/readers, cocktail hour music, emceeing for the reception and the reception music. They prompted us to provide all of the information they needed well ahead of the ceremony so that there was 0 stress for any of that stuff on the day of the wedding. Maybe most importantly the music was fantastic and kept our guests dancing until the end of the night. Great overall experience!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Ashley Lowes · Married on 08/10/2019

Couldn't recommend more!!

This band is just simply awesome all around. We choose an eight-person option for our wedding, with two horns, and it couldn't have been better or more fun. No one left the dance floor. Communication with Gabrielle was super clear and easy right from the beginning up until the wedding, and she worked with us to organize all the different music options for throughout the day. Couldn't recommend more.

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Ashton

Ashton · Married on 08/09/2019

Knew how to get the party started!

The Lucky Devils Band was very professional and knew how to get the party started! My husband and I hired this top-notch band for our wedding and from the initial contact with Gabriella, to the last song of the night, we were very impressed. They played our ceremony + cocktail hour and first songs, as requested. The cadence of the reception song choices showed collaborative musicians who know how to please a crowd; there was an ebb and flow that moved the night along- slow songs for our more mature guests, sing-a-longs that had people reminiscing about the best days of our lives, and songs that appealed to the young and “young at heart.” The emcee, Tim, kept the night en pointe. My husband and I will always be grateful to LDB for giving us one of the best nights of our lives!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Tessa

Tessa Teichert · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Decision We Made!

The Lucky Devils Band was the highlight of the wedding. People were having a great time dancing and there was music for all ages. They were so fun and easy to work with. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Juliette

Juliette Szabo · Married on 07/27/2019

Book them now!

We were anxious about booking Lucky Devils for our big day as we knew it wasn’t possible to see our exact musicians perform before the day. But we took the leap of faith based on their reviews and we are so happy that we did!

The band was absolutely fantastic. They had the perfect repertoire for us and got the whole room up and dancing. Jefferson also made the planning process so easy. We had full confidence that he knew our needs inside out and that absolutely shone through on the day.

Sent on 09/04/2019

sarah · Married on 07/20/2019

Lucky Devils Band

I am having difficulties with writing this review for the Lucky Devils because words can not simply describe how wonderful this band is. From start to finish the Lucky Devils was hands down the most amazing choice we made for our wedding. We always knew that we wanted to have a live band at our wedding, but it was one of the vendors that was the most daunting to choose (a band either makes or breaks the mood of the ENTIRE event). My husband and I researched online for months trying to narrow down a band. We stumbled upon Lucky Devils and was immediately impressed that they had a live 'open rehearsal'. We went on a date to the Tin Roof bar and was instantly impressed with the vibe that they brought to the stage. That night we booked them.

My expectation of a band is that they know what songs they know and they would show up and perform... NO! LDB reached out and asked for our likes, dislikes, and additional accommodations. They offered ceremony music, mics, and speakers.

The day of the wedding, they showed up and efficiently set up everything and had everything ready to go. I honestly didn't notice that they were there until after the ceremony... they were that incognito. (I would assume moving drums, speakers, wires would be noisy.. nope!)

Cocktail hour- this is the first moment of the wedding where I was able to stop and really see how phenomenal the LDB truly is. They opened the doors for the guest to start walking into the reception and they were singing mellow music. (within two minutes I had a dozen people say how impressed they were with the band!)

Throughout the dinner, they had background music while they ate and set up for the dancing. Speeches were wrapping and the band started playing, I started to say "wait, my dad hasn't gone yet!!" Then my dad broke out into a song that he re-wrote. Come to find out my father had been communicating with the band for months. He shared that they were so accommodating and helpful when he asked if they could play with him. I was completely floored. The LDB play hundreds of events every year and they took the time out to learn the song my father sang... this was truly ABOVE AND BEYOND.

The dancing started, they played 45 minutes then DJed 15 minutes for the next three hours. Honestly, I was a little nervous about the 15 minute DJ set because I thought that the shift would feel awkward... But it was a perfect break for us to get drinks, the couples that wanted to dance but not on a packed floor was able to dance, take photo booth pictures and we did all the 'other activities' during this time (garter toss, bouquet toss, etc). During their 45-minute band sets, the dance floor was PACKED, I knew my family and friends like to dance, but holy moly, everyone was jammed on that dance floor. The music was that great, everyone from our grandparents to our younger cousins... everyone enjoyed dancing and singing along.

If you want to have an amazing wedding with great music, fun personalities, and a personalized song list... hire Lucky Devils! They ARE amazing!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Patrick Quinn · Married on 07/05/2019

Best Band Ever!

Jefferson and his team were nothing short of perfect. During pre-wedding planning Jefferson was transparent and very accommodating. He made the experience super enjoyable. The band was awesome! From the first song, Shut up and Dance to the last song, Don't stop Believing, the dance floor was packed. They were never intrusive, always appropriate. My family will never forget their performance. We highly recommend them and will use them again!
    Regards,
    Pat

Sent on 07/06/2019

Larry Wright · Married on 07/04/2019

General Manager-DragonRidge Country Club

Lucky Devils Band is always exceptional for our venue, they provide an excellent value, and they are diverse with the musicians and can accommodate any style of music for the participants needs

Sent on 08/06/2019

Marlene Maier · Married on 06/23/2019

Surpassing Expectations

In terms of both pre-wedding preparation and the actual event, Lucky Devils performed with skill, heart and positive energy. They provided lovely strings for the processional and recessional, a smoking jazz duo for the cocktail hour, and a simply fabulous dance band for the party. Each one helped to make the day perfect and appealed to all ages.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Linda

Linda B · Married on 06/23/2019

The Best Wedding Band!!

What an incredible band!! I can't say enough good things about Lucky Devils. During the planning process, it was easy to use their planning page to provide input on the types of songs that we like as well as to develop a schedule for the wedding day. The phone consultation with Kevin was also really helpful to clarify some ideas and to get his recommendations. We were able to use Lucky Devils for the ceremony, including beautiful piano music and a sound system for our recessional song. It all worked out perfectly. The cocktail hour music was exactly right for the setting, and they then did an incredible job with dance music! So enthusiastic and interactive with our guests - our guests could not stop commenting on how amazing the band was for many days after the wedding! If you are considering having a live band for your wedding, I would say it is definitely worth the investment, especially Lucky Devils!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Pat · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing! Worth every penny

Hire this band!! They are awesome!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Delisa

Delisa · Married on 06/09/2019

Great music

I love the idea of having band for my wedding. Kevin is very flexible and easy to work with especially when it comes to planning the wedding ceremony and reception program. I’m very pleased.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney P · Married on 06/08/2019

A must have for any event!

My new husband and I hired the Lucky Devils Band based on a recommendation from our wedding coordinator. Knowing that they have a number of performers, we actually attended a few showcases and each time, we were blown away by the consistency and variety of talent they have within their pool. In the time leading up to our wedding, they were incredibly responsive to both us and our coordinator and walked through the details of the day with us step by step to make sure all of our needs were met. On the day of, they were full of professionalism, energy and fun and really helped make our event the success it was. We are getting lots of compliments on the band and are so thrilled we hired them! 100% recommend the Lucky Devils!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 06/02/2019

Made the night!!

Michael and the Lucky Devils were amazing!! They were very flexible with our song choices (we asked for very little contemporary music and to focus mostly on 60s/70s/80s) and kept the entire wedding dancing the whole night! I loved how responsive they were during the planning process and I felt very comfortable giving them creative freedom when it came to the specific set list. Every single person at our wedding commented on how much fun the band was and we were all so sad when the night came to an end. Their energy is amazing and they are so so talented! Don't even think about it - just BOOK THEM.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Amy

Amy Hepler · Married on 05/25/2019

Be prepared to dance all night!

We hired the 6 piece band for our daughter’s wedding because we wanted both a male & a female singer & liked what we saw on their online videos. They showed up on time, Jefferson started as the MC & ceremony & cocktail hour DJ (& he’s awesome) then, finally, it was time to dance. Each set they played was better than the next. Current & fabulous. They weren’t given a specific song list from the bride & groom so they just went with the flow & brought the house down. Everyone was on the dance floor while they played and hit the bar between sets. They made the party. All ladies were in flip flops or bare feet by the end of the night. Once we get some pics from the photographer I’ll try to add to this review - the scene on the dance floor says it all.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Arianna · Married on 05/25/2019

Book them now!

An awesome wedding band. We booked them for our reception, and the dance floor was packed all night - everyone loved them! The musicians were all very talented, and good at reading the crowd. The booking process is very streamlined, and they are super flexible - they can basically customize anything to meet your needs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2019

Freaking amazing!

Thank you Lucky Devils Band for making our wedding day the best day ever!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 05/18/2019

Great performance, high energy, amazing dance party!

The Lucky Devils played at our wedding at my family's 100 year old ranch on the High Desert a few weeks ago. They were AWESOME. From the beginning they were incredibly professional, courteous and responsive. They learned our first dance song and executed it well, and over all they just put on an amazing show and our dance party was everything we hoped it would be! The band was one of the most important things to us and we were not disappointed. My husband's father actually was able to get up and play trumpet with them for a few songs (he's a real musician and planned this in advance with the band, who were so gracious with him) and that was incredibly special. There were a few tiny things that didn't happen exactly as i was hoping, such as the lack of slow songs (we had requested that they be sure to play a few...my parents always get sad when a wedding has no slow songs), and no one offered my husband and I the chance to get up and say a brief thank you, as we thought we were going to be able to do...HOWEVER, regarding the slow songs, I think the band was trying to keep the energy going, which we appreciate. Also in retrospect, I don't think I did a great job like making sure I talked with them shortly before the wedding to reiterate what we wanted that night, sort of just assuming that my wedding planner handled that, so it's kind of hard to know what was emphasized to them and what was not! Bottom line is, this band will not disappoint you. They are incredibly talented, they bring a great energy and they read the room like pros. Our guests of all ages, shapes and sizes, were dancing all night long, everyone raving about the band, and no one was ready for it to end. They are truly all you could want in a wedding band. Hire them! And just make sure you communicate clearly what you want, and I have no doubt that they will deliver.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2019

The band helped throw and amazing party!!

The Lucky Devil's band was one of the best decisions we made on our wedding day. Seriously they helped us throw the best celebration of our wedding. From the very cute cocktail hour trio to the very charasimatic MC we couldn't have asked for a more flawless evening. Our only regret was not keeping the party going for longer!!! Seriously, go to one of their showcases and hear for yourself. They even got family up and dancing that haven't dances at other weddings! They are simply the BEST!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Daniel

Daniel Zendano · Married on 04/29/2019

Book Them.........NOW!

Planning your wedding is stressful. Great music from an exceptionally talented band shouldn’t be. Your guests will remember the food and the music. Don’t waste another second agonizing who you’re going to hire to play at your reception. The communication, the detail, the pricing and the performance were all on point.

Jefferson was on it from the minute we contacted him. His suggestions and experience were very helpful. He always responded quickly and patiently answered all of our questions. He pieces the right musicians to your event and their set lists are very fluid based on how full your dance floor is. Reading a crowd is what they do.

Much like any bride and groom, we were sad that the evening had to end. My apologies to all of the talented DJ’s out there but nothing says wedding reception like a band with tremendous range.

Hire the Lucky Devils Band. It will end up being the best decision you’ll make about your wedding day.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Renee

Renee Milewski · Married on 04/27/2019

Too little time!

It was a little stressful planning an out-of-state wedding, particularly since I'm a detail person, so hiring the Lucky Devils Band was a wise decision. I liked how we could think about our music options and schedule and stuff like that on our time (utilizing their online portal) and they accommodated our few requests perfectly. Just such a professional group of talented people, that's for sure. I simply wish we had had more time to dance and enjoy the music. FYI, Jerry was my point of contact and he responded to e-mails and texts promptly, even when I didn't need a quick response. They're on top of things there!

Sent on 05/21/2019